AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 02:53   Link #1561
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Server issues aside (which I'm sure will be fine when eleventybillion people stop overloading Blizzards internets),
You would think Blizzard would be prepared about it after their experience with WoW, its expansions and Starcraft.
Old 2012-05-16, 03:22   Link #1562
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I laughed at the 3/10 review about "diablo clone just with a trademark" quote which the blogger selected . And the quoted text of "at least it has gore" was also more than ridiculous.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 04:36   Link #1563
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Btw, anyone has a spare guest pass? My friend would like to try a game before buying, but my copy hasn't arrived yet. It gets stuck at custom =.=. Currently I have to use my brother's guest pass to play.
Old 2012-05-16, 04:37   Link #1564
Skane
Anime Snark

Currently grinding Act-2 until I get better equipment. Level-18 at the moment. Gear from Act-1 is seriously not cutting it any more. My Wizard's damage is decent, but my defences are sorely lacking.

If I get a party with a Barbarian or Monk, life is swell and full of rainbows.

If, however, I don't... well... I only need to run faster than the other guy.

Most of my gear upgrades are from the Blacksmith, and I have been having lousy luck with the rare drops. Actually, they are fantastic... if you are not a Wizard. Most the rares I have had so far are tailored for other classes.

A side effect of crafting so much is that I make a lot of decent gear for other classes. Getting decent amount of gold from the Gold Auction House selling gear I don't need, but feel would be wasted as salvage. Such as Lvl-18 Boots with 35 DEX. Made 2550 gold from that. I know I can get more for it, but I don't feel like gouging people.

PS: I f***ing hate the bug-spitters. It's like playing Touhou, but with bugs instead of cute girls.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-16, 04:40   Link #1565
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

How's everyone experiences on the game so far?

I means over-reacting comments aside, there are some key negative feedback on the games so far:
  • require internet connection for single play mode, means heavy traffics (at launch at least) and being logged off if you are afk
  • auction house using real money leads to aspect of "paying to win" cash shop~ish
  • games storyline is too short and depend too much on the repeating over increased difficulty
  • graphics are not as dark as D2, and also below modern standard
  • Battlenet support are really bad (due mostly to the flood of logging issues)
  • skill systems (that we discuss in earlier pages)

Probably need a week before the rage cool down and we can receive actual objective feedbacks
Old 2012-05-16, 04:43   Link #1566
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
How's everyone experiences on the game so far?

I means over-reacting comments aside, there are some key negative feedback on the games so far:
  • require internet connection for single play mode, means heavy traffics (at launch at least) and being logged off if you are afk
  • auction house using real money leads to aspect of "paying to win" cash shop~ish
  • games storyline is too short and depend too much on the repeating over increased difficulty
  • graphics are not as dark as D2, and also below modern standard
  • support are really bad (due mostly to the flood of logging issues)
I can at least confirm the graphic part is false.
And I have no trouble playing the game, given that I only joined 1 day later, not at launch.

Beside, "paying to win" is not true since most of the gears have to be obtained or crafted before it appears on AH, so it's a "paying to cut grinding time" instead.
Old 2012-05-16, 05:03   Link #1567
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
And I have no trouble playing the game, given that I only joined 1 day later, not at launch.

Beside, "paying to win" is not true since most of the gears have to be obtained or crafted before it appears on AH, so it's a "paying to cut grinding time" instead.
Diablo IS grinding. You improve the game by improving the variety of grinding, which Blizzard did do. But paying money to cut grinding time is... strange.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with people paying money to ruin their own fun. Live and let live. However, since Blizzard decided that people who want to play offline singleplayer is unwanted, mostly so they can get maximum profits off the auction house, you do see how it rained on my parade a bit.

Seriously though, there are other games for me to play. Just don't expect people like me to like the fact that we are abandoned entirely by a game company.
Old 2012-05-16, 05:18   Link #1568
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Any idea on how to get this game to run in a widescreen ratio in windowed mode? This thing won't fit my second widescreen as a bloody box.
Have you tried clicking on letter box mode? or changing your aspect ratio?
Old 2012-05-16, 05:31   Link #1569
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Diablo IS grinding. You improve the game by improving the variety of grinding, which Blizzard did do. But paying money to cut grinding time is... strange.
I don't say it's a good thing, but that's no different even if there is no RMAH. People already know the existence of d2jsp, and most likely there will be more scamming. At least with RMAH, there will be less people who are tricked and lose more of their money.

But enough about the RMAH. I don't see we change our view about this thing anytime soon.
Old 2012-05-16, 05:43   Link #1570
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

Yeah hopefully the game will get some decent review soon. Atm it's quite chaotic as expected. Those loves the games are still hooked, and those could not log in just can't find positive in anything.

Will be at very least 2 weeks for me before i have time to play anyway, so will appreciate everyone feedback on the game from now till then

PS: how many grade of armor/weapon rarity are in this game? While= normal. Blue= magic. Gold= rare. Green= set pieces. Brown = legendary? Are some of them only dropped at higher difficulty level?
Old 2012-05-16, 06:09   Link #1571
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

From what I heard, even when people finished Normal, they couldn't find a single piece of set equipment. As what you said, there are only 5 grades.
Old 2012-05-16, 06:09   Link #1572
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

For me the RMAH will be a little cash shop, will see if anything sells, if it does I got a little bit more cash for some beers
Legendary is brown and I got one at lvl 14 yesterday called Mojo, only for Witch Doctors. I have not found one piece of green gear yet, found lots of uniques though, like everyone else.
The darkness of the game is still around, just the graphics make it seem like its not. When I was fighting the final boss in ACT 1
Spoiler for Spoiler:

The game still had that theme of death and spookiness.
The log in issue happens with WoW too it will die down soon enough.
Old 2012-05-16, 06:19   Link #1573
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
From what I heard, even when people finished Normal, they couldn't find a single piece of set equipment. As what you said, there are only 5 grades.
So there are greens but it's no longer set pieces?

So many of our thread members have been disappearing since the launch, so i guess they are still in playing streak
Old 2012-05-16, 06:24   Link #1574
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Game companies are mortals. They make mistakes.

And when they need to fix mistakes, it could take months.

In a single player offline RPG like Skyrim, its many bugs are fixed via online unofficial patchs and mods before the company get to them. In an always-online RPG like DIII, however, when mistakes happen they stay for the entire duration until it is officially fixed.

For good reason, the PS3 community was angry at Bethesda because they got a bug that wasn't fixed for months.

I guess my point is that games crash and bug out all the time. The question is, does the game company care to minimise them? To have always-online DRM means trusting the game's stability to the game company entirely. Because the player simply can't fix it on their end like offline games.
Old 2012-05-16, 06:43   Link #1575
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
So there are greens but it's no longer set pieces?

So many of our thread members have been disappearing since the launch, so i guess they are still in playing streak
Green is still set pieces. It just mean after Normal, there is still no set equipment available yet.
Old 2012-05-16, 07:02   Link #1576
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
~~ When I was fighting the final boss in ACT 1 ~~
I think the highlight of that boss fight was when I-

Spoiler for Act 1 Ending:

The boss fights are definitely an improvement from Diablo 2, and I look forward to seeing what improvements the higher difficulties will add on to them.

ADD] My gold income has stabilised thanks to my venture in selling decent equipment on the Gold Auction House. I can now craft as per my level, which is currently Lvl-23 in Act 2. With the influx of gold, I managed to craft a fantastic rare and good magic gear to boost my DPS to hand-steeping levels. With the inclusion of Hydra, I can finally play in the spirit of my Wizard's name, Macrossarce, along with Split Magic Missile, Arcane Torrent, etc...

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-16, 07:06   Link #1577
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, came back from cousin's house to play since my copy didn't arrive yet. It's a good game; it doesn't feel half-assed on release like Sc2 did. Character designs are nice as well Indeed, the battle.net system is actually intuitive and usable! /shock The levels seem pretty nice and mix elements of various games, but is it possible to quickly change skills like say from that wizard slash to the lightning attack?

The boss fight at the end of Act 1 was pretty sick; it felt like a later Megaman game or something.

The plot is surprisingly decent as well, and keeps the proper atmosphere. All and all I hate to say it, but Blizzard did a rather good job. The potion/town portal forced cooldown makes the game a lot more challenging. But it does raise the issue if you have to go somewhere and need to end the game fast. It'd definitely be an issue in hardcore.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 07:19   Link #1578
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Green is still set pieces. It just mean after Normal, there is still no set equipment available yet.
So Set equipment starts in Nightmare and up?

For gold I don't have any use for it yet. I havn't died yet on ACT 3 now got 120k. Just selling everything I don't need. Put some uniques on AH which gave me some big profit too.
Old 2012-05-16, 07:47   Link #1579
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

To be honest, I don't have a problem with people paying money to ruin their own fun. Live and let live. However, since Blizzard decided that people who want to play offline singleplayer is unwanted, mostly so they can get maximum profits off the auction house, you do see how it rained on my parade a bit.

Seriously though, there are other games for me to play. Just don't expect people like me to like the fact that we are abandoned entirely by a game company.
Just to clarify, you're paying Blizzard for trading service, not to cut down grind. I'm mainly a single player guy myself but online DRM didn't detract me from the game but YMMV, i know there are people on both side of the fence on this issue.

Quote:
Yeah hopefully the game will get some decent review soon. Atm it's quite chaotic as expected. Those loves the games are still hooked, and those could not log in just can't find positive in anything.
It's an odd thing about popular games such as Minecraft. People either love it or hate it. Then again it's the internet and about videogames where extreme views garner more attentions.
Old 2012-05-16, 07:58   Link #1580
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Pc gamer are giving a review while they play it through, so far they are doing a great job. Give it a read, Pc gamer usually has very honest reviews.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/15/di...as-it-happens/

Also this is really really helpful
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/15/de...n-in-diablo-3/

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler