AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 3 11.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 19.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 34.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 19.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-25, 14:34   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Making Ayaka's obsession over Negi amazingly even more over the top in this series is what i love - though that is understandable when looking at the show in a whole. Anyway - yet another genius episode - though i have to say it yet again.. i really wish they didn't change the VA (Takehito Koyasu) & original style of the Thousand Master. ;_;
Old 2006-12-25, 23:33   Link #22
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Ah this episode was pure gold for me. I laughed so hard throughout most of the episode I was crying when it ended. Kaede is now my favorite girl in Negima.
Old 2006-12-26, 04:34   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kaede's always been a fave of mine (along with Mana and Setsuna) ... kind of a shame her sexiest moves were in shadow relief.

Over all, the series is just getting pretty fractured for me though. Lots of individually pretty pieces, bits of artwork, stylistic moves..... but it only leaves me kind of annoyed at all the paths they only take a step down and then change direction. The deformation art (particularly of the cheerleaders) was a bit odd and I'm already getting pretty tired of the "hypergrotesque" terrified look trick (which was used only a handful of times to great effect in PPD but is being used far too often here).

Dunno, just getting this feeling that Shinbo is kind of flailing about.
The camp sequence was pretty nice though (can you tell I've got mixed feelings here?). Nice amounts of Nodoka, Setsuna, and Konoka bits though...

The Baron character, unfortunately, is giving me "flamboyant Team Rocket" vibes..... we'll just have to see how he develops.
Old 2006-12-26, 05:31   Link #24
moshun

i feel as if the series is falling apart. it started off great but as of right now, i have no idea where its going. are they going to run into villian after villian while making contract with a new girl each time? eventually the whole class perhaps.

i hope im wrong because i still see a lot of potential and love ken's work n the art for negima?! is fascinating. just at this point, it seems as if its going downhill for me
Old 2006-12-26, 06:12   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ somehow im getting the same feeling (kinda) ~ not so much as to falling apart than to not progress on anything besides pactios...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
...& original style of the Thousand Master. ;_;
boo hoo >.< yea that was bad...the original 1k master seems more manly ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-26, 08:29   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
boo hoo >.< yea that was bad...the original 1k master seems more manly
Thousand Master from the manga wasen't manly - he's a epic character who has one of the best attitude's you'll find in a character.
Old 2006-12-26, 17:35   Link #27
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Good, Thousand Master, you seem kinda ... feminine?
"So you're Negi, huh? Take my staff, lol."

License revoked and turned into an animal is harsh. T_T
Old 2006-12-26, 19:25   Link #28
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Thousand Master from the manga wasen't manly - he's a epic character who has one of the best attitude's you'll find in a character.
oh really? well i was referring back to the original mahou sensei negima series that showed what was little of the personality of 1k master ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Good, Thousand Master, you seem kinda ... feminine?
"So you're Negi, huh? Take my staff, lol."
that women baron person...isnt really thousand master rite? O.o if she is then ive toatlly missed the plot completely >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-27, 11:22   Link #29
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
that women baron person...isnt really thousand master rite? O.o if she is then ive toatlly missed the plot completely >.<
That's not what I meant. It was a dream sequence, which started out with the 1k master and ended up with the Baron. Before the swap, though, when the master was talking to Negi, he looked/sounded awfully feminine.

Unless the dream was even more jumbled up than that...
Old 2006-12-27, 12:52   Link #30
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

This episode was just hilarious.Having Kaede speak to Negi and co throughout the whole episode without them noticing she's around was just too funny.

And they brought back my favorite plot twist! "Oto-san!"

Since every girl is getting their turn,I"m looking forward to the Mana and Zazie episodes.
Old 2006-12-27, 14:54   Link #31
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Having Kaede participate in the dialog was indeed genius.... the only downside is that despite having Kaede in most of the camp scenes, we didn't actually get to see Kaede. For those of us that worship the girl, those few seconds in the tent of Kaede stalking her prey just make us sad that she was invisible for so much of the episode.
Old 2006-12-30, 12:46   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kaede has always been a girl I wanted to see utilized more. While I thought her initial bonding scene with Negi was handled better in the manga, it was handled well here too. This was a strong ep, I thought, though I share some concerns about direction as far as the series as a whole is concerned.
Closed Thread