AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 101 43.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 62 26.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 18.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.29%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-08, 21:31   Link #361
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

What is this its like an evil version of .Hack/sign
Old 2012-07-08, 21:45   Link #362
novalysis

I think SAO has just beaten Madoka Episode 3's thread length.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 21:55   Link #363
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I think SAO has just beaten Madoka Episode 3's thread length.
Quite a few Guilty Crown threads went beyond the 20 page mark, of I remember correctly. It isn't really anything new, but it sure shows how popular this show is.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:01   Link #364
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I dropped the show before it even got to the ending. It was that boring.
You aren't missing much put it this way you had to play the game in oder to find out what happened next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
evil?...I don't think so I'd say a bit darker is the term you're looking for and it has a more coherent plot behind it. Now don't get me wrong .hack was good and I'm still a fan of the franchise.
Old 2012-07-08, 22:48   Link #365
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

That was a great start. It was better than I first anticipated. The visuals and the BGM were pretty good and stunning. The growing tension and dark mood was a nice touch indeed. I feel sorry for the parents of the players. Putting someone in life support is quite expensive after all unless they receive financial assistance from the government.

Last but not least, the bromance was pretty nice. lol.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:16   Link #366
lansglenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunzblitz View Post
Discussions Discussions...

Let's try to steer the discussion.

So! Anyway, this book was shown in EP1. Anybody knows what it means?
Spoiler for Image:
LOL, Visual Basic in .NET is the worst language to happen to humanity. To think this book still exists in 10 years is an indicator of Kirito's poor taste in programming languages.
Old 2012-07-08, 23:32   Link #367
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

First eps. was fantastic is all I have to say. I hope they can keep this level of quality! SAO elitist FTW. A thread for the series finally.

BTW, Lisa was awesome in the ED song. Angel Beats fan hehe
Old 2012-07-08, 23:33   Link #368
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
To be fair while the show does share common ground with .hack in its premise (mmorpg, trapped players, etc.), they go about their stories with wildly different angles.

For example, one of the main themes in SAO's story is the questioning of the virtual reality's validity as an actual reality, something that you can glean from kirito's introspection when he says he feels more alive in the game than in the real world, and also in the setup itself, where player are forced to live in this world subject to the very human aspects of survival.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:37   Link #369
Luk_008
Lelouch commands you!

Good first episode. I can't wait to watch the next.

[撃っていいのは撃たれる覚悟のあるヤツだけだ]
by Lelouch vi Britannia
Luk_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 00:06   Link #370
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

That was a very very interesting episode. The whole virtual RPG was awesome. I've always dreamt of such a game to actually exist LOL. It was thrilling and scary at the same time to be stuck in the game world. It reminded me of Greed Island of HxH. That Kayaba dude sure was a madman O_o

The scenery was awesome although I find the character designs crappy as fck. Not to mention how the protagonist looks like a shouta. He looks too frail as a girl to be an MC in an action series. And here's to hoping the Lead Girl won't be another generic shitty Tsundere >_> I want some motherly type. LOL at the random 'girl' player actually being a guy XDD

So, I am very much looking forward how many people would remain at the end of the game. That is if they'd be able to complete it.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 00:10   Link #371
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
So, I am very much looking forward how many people would remain at the end of the game. That is if they'd be able to complete it.
I'm going to guess less than 100 will survive.

Endless "Prepare for the worst" Soul
Old 2012-07-09, 00:12   Link #372
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I'm going to guess less than 100 will survive.

Endless "Prepare for the worst" Soul
I'm guessing less than 50.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:08   Link #373
Azuma Denton
~AD~

And my spine chills while i think of myself cant log out of VR Game...
That is some fearsome ideas the author had...

Great introduction...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 02:10   Link #374
Mubyoshi

Would be funny if the creator was just trolling his players.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 02:20   Link #375
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post

The scenery was awesome although I find the character designs crappy as fck. Not to mention how the protagonist looks like a shouta. He looks too frail as a girl to be an MC in an action series. And here's to hoping the Lead Girl won't be another generic shitty Tsundere >_> I want some motherly type. LOL at the random 'girl' player actually being a guy XDD

Kirito's looks feminine in the anime because the LN write him as a guy with a rather girly face. Many characters noted how 'pretty' he looks, and one character even thought he's a girl for many hours before she realized it.

So it's not a character design flaw from the animator.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 02:39   Link #376
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
Kirito's looks feminine in the anime because the LN write him as a guy with a rather girly face. Many characters noted how 'pretty' he looks, and one character even thought he's a girl for many hours before she realized it.

So it's not a character design flaw from the animator.
Oh I see. So, is there any reason why he made him look like that?? A deep reason?? Or just to give off some Uke vibes? Uggh. I dun like to think about that.
Old 2012-07-09, 02:52   Link #377
Lumir

There is no time limit, (unless you slowly die in the real world, but im sure you would receive medical treatment like an iv or something to keep your body alive like those people in a coma). If thats the case being familiar with MMORPGS I would learn everything and anything concerning the game and play it SUPER SAFE while farming/leveling. Only thing that would get me is some random events no one can plan for that you can get owned by. There is the resource limit though, which makes me wonder what the limitations if there are any on partying/teaming up. Oh I can think of so many situations to clear this but there just isnt enough information yet =).

I usually go DPS/Powerhouse and rely on my skill, but in this kinda situation I would go full tank. Anyways good concept so far, kinda lame how the creator locks everyone in just so he can have some kind of say/control in a world.

This is why you WAIT for others to rate the game after a day or two before jumping into something that connects to your BRAIN/NERVES.
Old 2012-07-09, 03:03   Link #378
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
There is no time limit, (unless you slowly die in the real world, but im sure you would receive medical treatment like an iv or something to keep your body alive like those people in a coma). If thats the case being familiar with MMORPGS I would learn everything and anything concerning the game and play it SUPER SAFE while farming/leveling. Only thing that would get me is some random events no one can plan for that you can get owned by. There is the resource limit though, which makes me wonder what the limitations if there are any on partying/teaming up. Oh I can think of so many situations to clear this but there just isnt enough information yet =).

I usually go DPS/Powerhouse and rely on my skill, but in this kinda situation I would go full tank. Anyways good concept so far, kinda lame how the creator locks everyone in just so he can have some kind of say/control in a world.

This is why you WAIT for others to rate the game after a day or two before jumping into something that connects to your BRAIN/NERVES.
Come to think of it, of the 10K+ Players, I'm sure quite a few might have waited till later in the evening to log in, or do what you would have done, and waited a day or two, in case any bugs cropped up.

Was SAO a Weekend Launch, by the way? If it was Weekday, then I forsee that many would have not logged in till the evening, after work/school.
Old 2012-07-09, 03:19   Link #379
maelstormCaT

Quote:
From a gamers perspective it might not seem impossible. HOWEVER! try throwing in a few human reaction at the face of mortal danger and it no longer be easy.

Sometimes bad things happen. Imagine fighting, say an orc for example. The moment you mess up, you'll get knocked down from it's attack, then without waiting for you to stand up, it'll try to hack and slash you while you still in the ground. Most people, even veterans would panic at this point, which potentially resulted in death.
Then there's the chance of you getting ganked while fighting, pulling more than one opponents. Can you fight evenly while keeping an eye on two enemies that would not hesitate to kill you? And this is seen through your perspective. Seeing an axe slashing at you from screen is much easier than seeing it happening in front of your eyes.
And since there's no healing magic, restoring hp in combat is a bit problematic, so every hit taken will drain your precious hp bar.

Your idea of playing it safe does have some merit in theory. But unfortunately... I don't think I'm allowed to tell you about it now. Wait a few more eps I guess.

Quote:
I lol'd
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 03:22   Link #380
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post

Sometimes bad things happen. Imagine fighting, say an orc for example. The moment you mess up, you'll get knocked down from it's attack, then without waiting for you to stand up, it'll try to hack and slash you while you still in the ground. Most people, even veterans would panic at this point, which potentially resulted in death.

Then there's the chance of you getting ganked while fighting, pulling more than one opponents. Can you fight evenly while keeping an eye on two enemies that would not hesitate to kill you? And this is seen through your perspective. Seeing an axe slashing at you from screen is much easier than seeing it happening in front of your eyes.

And since there's no healing magic, restoring hp in combat is a bit problematic, so every hit taken will drain your precious hp bar.

And that's why going solo in SAO is a death wish. You'd need someone, preferably several someones to cover you. If you get knocked down, with a small team covering you, it isn't necessarily fatal. Solo, and you join the 2000 dead.

It also depends how easy disengaging is. Do enemies tend to be faster than you on average, or slower and easily outrun?

Tags
sci-fi, shonen