Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-09, 12:22   Link #1
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Episode 100 Discussion [Anime]

Welcome to the episode discussion thread about this week's upcoming episode which I or Dranz will try to post this thread every Wednesday, since it’s the day the episode airs in Japan. Before I say the rules I just want to say that, according to the new Naruto forum spoiler rules, Manga spoilers, even inside spoiler tags, are now forbidden in the episode discussion thread; so there’s no need to worry about being spoiled about events of the story that take place beyond this episode.

Now for the people who don't know about some of the spoiler tag rules, this thread is marked as “Anime” in the title, so you don’t have to use spoiler tags. However, there are some exceptions.

You MUST use spoiler tags when dealing with the episode until an actual credible sub appears. Also, manga spoilers are forbidden even inside spoiler tags, so do not post them in any circumstances. Spoilers outside spoiler tags, or any kind of manga spoilers even inside spoiler tags will result in the deletion of the post. Also, anyone who insists on spoiler and does not follow these rules will be banned. And there will be no exceptions.

Anyway this is what you should discuss in this thread:
  1. Expectations of the episode if not aired or if you haven't seen it yet.
  2. Announcements of which fansub groups have released the episode regardless if it is a RAW or Subbed.
  3. Your comments on the episode if you have seen it both RAW and Subbed.

Just to make it clear there is to be no making new topics about the above things I have just showed you. I will close them down because I made this thread so all the posts regarding this topic will be in one place.

Furthermore, I'd like to ask people to let me, and only me, do the Episode Discussion threads every week. Why?, you may ask. Mainly, to avoid confusions and 10+ threads of eager people doing the episode threads. So, please, don’t make episode discussion threads without my or Dranz' permission.

So there you have it, just to summarize and add new tidbits of rules:

There is to be no flaming each other, no posting links that allow others to download the licensed Manga, no spoilers for future events of the Manga that take place beyond this episode, no annoying questions asking for seeds, ZERO unnecessary spoilers, and try to keep it on topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I'd like to appologize for only doing the Episode Discussion thread today... I'm terribly sorry, I couldn't access Suki yesterday, and couldn't notice anyone... well, thread's here now, be happy Also, this is the 100th episode of Naruto, time to comemorate a little, no? Let's enjoy the 100th episode of Naruto and hope for more 100, 200 to come; the more the better! Also, it's time for a new opening, no? GO!!! has been there for quite some time already. Change the opening! I want to see new characters!

Well, please forgive me, I had no choice but to wait. Haven't been in Suki for quite some time, I know, but if anyone wants to contact me, try MSN See ya ^^
Vicious
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 12:33   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It took about two years for Naruto to achieve a hundred episodes. Another two years of non-interrupted, continuous brodcasts and Naruto will go for 200 episodes.

If Naruto were to last six years in total, keeping with this rate of TV broadcast, then it would be able to get produced around 300 episodes.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 12:40   Link #3
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
It took about two years for Naruto to achieve a hundred episodes. Another two years of non-interrupted, continuous brodcasts and Naruto will go for 200 episodes.

If Naruto were to last six years in total, keeping with this rate of TV broadcast, then it would be able to get produced around 300 episodes.
That's some nice calculating there Guido, and your point was?

Anyway, very good ep, quite touching really, next ep looks promising too!

Im beginning to find it more and more entertaining that the Anime is straiying from the manga
Old 2004-09-09, 13:15   Link #4
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Yea I liked this Episode somewhat, But then again its hard not to like a episode for rock lee

anyway, I like how they are changing this up in the anime, Cause this whole part made NO sense in the manga, Also. They explained a question that alot of people have had for awhile,
If lee can't do any jutsu how did he graduate. People thought he could do some or something.

Answer, They let him as a "special" case. Probly cause of Gai.

I give this episode a solid 6/10 Doesn't suck but its right in the middle.
Rhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 13:35   Link #5
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Well, I was very surprised at how they ended the epsiode. It was pretty cool seeing the genin, including Sasuke, attend Tsunade's ceremony. I also found it cool how they explained Tsunade's study of the body for Rock Lee's surgery in both this and the last episode.

Anyways, now begins the speculation on how this next arc will be. I hope they do somehow attempt to show Kakashi's face or past in any way. This will definately be cool and give me more incentive to watch the anime since I'm pretty caught up in the manga. I'm just happy that they're doing missions until they catch up to the following arc in the manga (i'm sure a couple manga readers are disappointed, LOL). Maybe Sakura will learn some pretty useful tai, nin, or genjutsus along the way and become somewhat of a better shinobi than she is now! Well, if anything, this is the best time to do it in the series, so here's hoping that Studio Pierrot makes me happy!

Didn't anyone else think Shizune was freaking cute in this episode?

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 13:41   Link #6
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
OK episode, I didn't expect it to be so much Rock Lee though.
I wonder how long all this fillers will go on... quite wierd now actually...
Spoiler for manga:

LOL, the new song which was being played while gai was talking to lee sounded like some american 80's pop/rock, felt wierd to hear stuff like that in naruto

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the next EP, even though I don't think we are gonna see Kakshis face :P
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 13:42   Link #7
dannylu88

Send a message via AIM to dannylu88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah

Didn't anyone else think Shizune was freaking cute in this episode?

u mean this?

dannylu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 13:51   Link #8
Dreamhacker

Nice episode, much Rock Lee . And I start wondering if the surgery is going to be succesfull, as the percent of success went up. And Lee seemed to get the hopes up

Next episode seems cool. As I get it, they are gonna remove the mask from Kakashi's face. That would be cool
Dreamhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 13:54   Link #9
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
sighs, i've been dling naruto for 50 episodes now........ i tryed to avoid the show at first and about a year ago a friend of mine lent me 1-52 and i watched them over a week or so. And so i was hooked

Over all a good episode, i don't read the manga, but i do know that they have to do something to slow down the rate of the anime so not to bypass the manga.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 13:56   Link #10
mashimaro_boy

what aboyut the other ep100 thread? is it gonna be merged?
mashimaro_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 14:47   Link #11
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamhacker
Next episode seems cool. As I get it, they are gonna remove the mask from Kakashi's face. That would be cool
I can't wait for that episode either, though I think they are just gonna tease us
LuckyStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 14:52   Link #12
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
haha i knew that other ep 100 thread would be close. vicious got jealous lol jk man. anyways this episode wasn't exactly on my "top 10" list of naruto eps. at first i thought gai and kakashi were gonna fight but no they didnt. I dont even feel like talking about it :P
AngelKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 15:20   Link #13
biassj

It will be interesting how they going to reconnect the coming up episodes with the manga(if they dont change the story.

Spoiler:

Though, I understand and don't mind fillers. A long filler will change the next era. Oh well, nothing we can do about it, right.
biassj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 15:25   Link #14
Tatay
Aj, is there any1 better?

Send a message via ICQ to Tatay
I think lee was drawn quite strange in this ep. His eyes were not normally drawm
Tatay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 16:01   Link #15
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons

Send a message via AIM to AzrielBlack Send a message via MSN to AzrielBlack
Shizune!
AzrielBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 16:04   Link #16
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay
I think lee was drawn quite strange in this ep. His eyes were not normally drawm
His eyes are not normal....

Ok, I'm sorry for that

I'm downloading it now, hope it'll be good. And as a non-manga reader, I couldn't care less if it strayed from the manga, and then people calling it filler. I don't understand why an anime has to be the exact same as the manga...makes no sense...*cough* hellsing *cough* :

I'm hoping we get to see more Rock Lee though...
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 16:17   Link #17
yinstro

heh this episode was just cool, i think the best episodes are when they dont go full filler. i think next episode is gonna be like tom and jerry of getting his mask off. hopefully it will be somewhat humorous. I dont know how they re gonna go from a funny laughy situation to the dark roads ahead but i guess they got something worked out, we ll see soon i guess
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 16:20   Link #18
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimaro_boy
what aboyut the other ep100 thread? is it gonna be merged?

The other episode 100 thread was for manga readers to discuss how the anime is way off from the manga based on that episode, and this thread doesn't allow any manga contribution/information in it at all--So it's not going to get merged.

But god knows why some dumb mod decided to close the other thread.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 17:35   Link #19
Bloodloss2000
Someone new

Send a message via AIM to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via MSN to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodloss2000
Heh I kinda liked it... especially the flashbacks to when Gai and Lee first met and stuff, I especially like the promise/rule they made with each other... and we all know that if Lee takes the surgery he wont die and it will succead right?
Bloodloss2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 17:39   Link #20
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
I liked this episode, Lee is my second favourite character and it's good to see his thoughts on the surgery more in-depth than what we would of seen. Next episode looks good, enough big mission for Team 7... and... Kakashi's true form? Might not be anything to do with under the mask though.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote