AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-03, 10:44   Link #61
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Agreed, I don't care either. I'll accept her any way.

I personally wouldn't mind if there was something going between her and Shion. But if no, I'll be fine too.

But for 90% I'm sure that they are at least sex buddies from time to time. But that's purely my opinion based on episode 2. Not gonna force anyone to agree with me.

P.S. What makes me believe it is not just the scene itself but whole setting in anime. Series are dark and were not afraid to include rape scene in episode 1. Having gay relationships here wouldn't be much of a surprise to me.
When you finish the other 8 episodes, tell me what you think of Yayoi.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-03, 11:33   Link #62
kitten320

Sure, will do^^
I'm sure there is more to her than what I know so far

EDIT: Ok, I have seen 9 episodes so far so here is my opinion.
Going by the line in episode 6 "Yayoi wouldn't get worked up over something like this. She's into more violent and passionate stuff" it comfirms my suspition that there is something going on. Main reason is the way Shion said it, she was clearly implying something what even made Akane feel uncomfortable.

But by the lack of reaction on Yayoi's side, it probably is just a random fuck to release the tension. No real emotion involved.

Now to talk about her as stand alone character she clearly is not cold. To be honest she never really seemed that way. Even though her role is small, if you pay attention you can see her expressing some emotions in the background. She is into music and is willing to help like the keyboard scene.

Going by episode 8 she clearly cares for people besides the girl could have possibly reminded her of herself.

My guess is the following: Something drastic happened to her friend (death), possibly after argument. She saw the body and instead of letting anger and sadness go she buid it up what caused her Psycho-pass to darken. Did she get her revenge or no is questionable but probably yes since she is not stuck up on it as Kougami. With that she ended up as einforcer.

There is a chance that she probably was more open before especially if she was involved in music band but after incident locked herself in. At least that is my rough guess.

There are few other possibilities but I'll stop on this one for now.

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-01-03 at 16:46.
Old 2013-01-03, 17:07   Link #63
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Ok, I have seen 9 episodes so far so here is my opinion.
Going by the line in episode 6 "Yayoi wouldn't get worked up over something like this. She's into more violent and passionate stuff" it comfirms my suspition that there is something going on. Main reason is the way Shion said it, she was clearly implying something what even made Akane feel uncomfortable.
Yayoi yes to this passage did not react but honestly this is what is amazing? It is kind of cool is not it?
and then she re-told about the case for Plastination continue to talk about "it"
Old 2013-01-03, 17:52   Link #64
kitten320

Yep, she is clearly not phased by this stuff. Shion even seemed disappointed by the lack of reaction
Old 2013-01-10, 16:11   Link #65
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Yep, she is clearly not phased by this stuff. Shion even seemed disappointed by the lack of reaction
yes it is true

In episode 12 have learned how it becomes enforcer but I did not understand how she become a criminal potential ...? Is what it is because it can not play the guitar?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-10 at 17:51. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
Old 2013-01-10, 16:20   Link #66
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
In episode 12 have learned how it becomes enforcer but I did not understand how she become a criminal potential ...? Is what it is because it can not play the guitar?
I think it has to do the fact that she wastes her musical talent (which isn't good for Sybil) and is heavily obssessed with the unautorized band her friend Lina works, I think.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-10, 16:44   Link #67
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I think it has to do the fact that she wastes her musical talent (which isn't good for Sybil) and is heavily obssessed with the unautorized band her friend Lina works, I think.
yes but ... after it has been is a "potential criminal" she discovered motivations of Rina ...

"I will become an enforcer!"

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-01-10 at 18:23.
Old 2013-01-12, 04:38   Link #68
Dark Wing

Why Yayoi!? Why did you have to sell out!?
Old 2013-01-12, 10:26   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

"I will become an enforcer!"

Her eyes are beautiful.
Old 2013-01-12, 20:44   Link #70
kitten320

Yeh I also didn't really get it..maybe her taste in music was slightly twisted? Like some twisted lyrics coming to her head that could promote something illegal?

Even nowadays there are a lot of songs that are forbidden for this or that reason.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:07   Link #71
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Yeh I also didn't really get it..maybe her taste in music was slightly twisted? Like some twisted lyrics coming to her head that could promote something illegal?

Even nowadays there are a lot of songs that are forbidden for this or that reason.
Yayoi group was "legal" unlike Rina was "illegal" may be the songs have lyrics Rina "against sybil" for freedom or whatever ... what makes their group became illegal
maybe ..
Old 2013-01-12, 23:28   Link #72
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Yayoi group was "legal" unlike Rina was "illegal" may be the songs have lyrics Rina "against sybil" for freedom or whatever ... what makes their group became illegal
maybe ..
Or maybe they only started writing anti-establishment lyrics once they were deemed "illegal" by Sibyl.

Yet another Catch-22 created by Psycho-Pass.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:20   Link #73
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Why Yayoi!? Why did you have to sell out!?
Exactly...that's why I hope she makes good later
Old 2013-01-13, 11:13   Link #74
kitten320

Just because they were legal doesn't mean that their actual ideas were legal too. Since Yayoi liked Rina's song it is very possible that she was creating illegal songs in her head, but never got them on paper.

What caused her to be a criminal potential that could later become illegal and cause trouble.
Old 2013-01-13, 11:30   Link #75
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I think listening too much music in a illegal manner isn't the sole reason making Yayoi a latent criminal. I bet being homosexual is also against Sibyl System, don't you think ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-13, 16:33   Link #76
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I think listening too much music in a illegal manner isn't the sole reason making Yayoi a latent criminal. I bet being homosexual is also against Sibyl System, don't you think ?
yes because it is the system that imprisoned him, and I think that despite his only accept it for its objective "captured Rina"
Old 2013-01-18, 01:59   Link #77
Vicious108

I don't think I will ever warm up to a character who stands for government-approved rock 'n' roll.
Old 2013-01-18, 02:27   Link #78
Mandarake

Just a point of clarification. I understood that Sybil "approves" artists, but it does not ban or approve any kind of music. Is this correct?

I thought Yayoi was an approved artist because Sybil detected she had an aptitude for music. Sybil did not detect the same aptitude in Rina and thus did not approve her. But it's one thing to say she's not approved to make music for a living and a whole other thing to say she's banned from making any music at all. And it's still a further leap to say any music she does make is illegal.

Am I missing someting?
Old 2013-01-18, 11:46   Link #79
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Seems to be the content of their music as well. Given what Sibyl is, the more ridiculous reasons you can come up with, the closer it probably is to truth
Old 2013-01-18, 13:47   Link #80
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandarake View Post
Just a point of clarification. I understood that Sybil "approves" artists, but it does not ban or approve any kind of music. Is this correct?

I thought Yayoi was an approved artist because Sybil detected she had an aptitude for music. Sybil did not detect the same aptitude in Rina and thus did not approve her. But it's one thing to say she's not approved to make music for a living and a whole other thing to say she's banned from making any music at all. And it's still a further leap to say any music she does make is illegal.

Am I missing someting?
Okay remember when one of Yayoi's band mates said that music unauthorized by Sybil is worthless? Just think about what this would mean.

That unauthorized music artist can't make a huge amount money off his/her music because no record company would ever pick up an artist that is not Sybil approved like any other business company wouldn't hire an employee that wasn't approved by Sybil.

It's not the fact that Rina was an unauthorized music artist that was the problem but the music she was writing was most likely causing peoples CC to rise making her music illegal by Sybil standards.

So while Yayoi may have been an authorized music artist her hanging out, possibly preforming with, and listening to Rina's music is what increased Yayoi's CC causing her to get flagged as a latent criminal.

Tags
characters