AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 30 27.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 34.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-29, 04:19   Link #101
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
[Deadpan]

The 5th season of MSLN when they're all above 40yrs old.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: PMS
[/Deadpan]

And to keep a measure of on-topicness in this post...
Three words:

Magical Girl Revy

I admit it, sometimes the Nanoha forums scares me with its own load of local flavored in-jokes and other fanfiction.net-esque talk that get me "what the hell they are babling???". Hence I only come there for the pics and stopped reading the posts for a while.
Old 2007-05-29, 04:27   Link #102
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
No, the Nanoha threads are completely off in another dimension of tech-magic babble discussion. Lots of fun if you're designing an FPS or tabletop RPG -- but almost useless from a story or relationship discussion aspect.
...and, the same logic can be applied for the series itself, for what I've seen so far (I'm not on par with sub, and I don't really feel any need to continue the series so far...).

LS forum is doing quite well, better than I was expecting, but, after the huge polemic for the first episode, it's mostly a matter of few dedicated people (and the same for Nanoha, but on a different level). The number of viewers is nothing amazing, especially compared to popular series like Suzumiya Haruhi (that was constantly over 100 visitors in any period of the week or the day). It's just the number of messages that's high and with this pace it's possible to surpass , for example, Code Geass, but as for popularity (even on AS) we are on a totally different level.
Old 2007-05-29, 05:27   Link #103
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Couldn't this be solved by adding up the number of LS torrent downloads from the different fansubbing groups and comparing it to other shows? I'd do that but I'm lazy as hell, and I've gotta go to work in 30 minutes. But I'd be willing to say that Death Note would highly surpass LS in that department. That it catches a reduced crowd in ASuki doesn't mean that it's not popular among the leeching community.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-29, 10:19   Link #104
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
Just to see who's really an old man around here, who remembers playing Konami Track and Field on the NES (or Famicom) and/or the arcade?
LOL! I remember playing PONG in the arcade when they put the first machine in, but pinball was my forte back then. Ah, yes, hustling the frat boys from the university for beer: like having a license to steal, and no worries about being underage. Good times, good times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post
Lucky Star isn't even that bad in terms of fluff posts. Take a look at the Nanoha forum. The posts count is fast approaching that of the Haruhi forum even if you take away the posts from the first two series and Haruhi was supposed to be a phenomenon. I don't know is Nanoha is more moe than Lucky Star, but its generating crazy post counts (for Asuki at least).
I'm watching StrikerS, but I've pretty much given up trying to slog my way through the forum. Most of the chatter seems to revolve around different flavors of fanfic, doujins, and relationshipping rather than what is actually going on in the show. Obviously a good time for the hard-core fans who keep up to speed with anything and everything relating to the Nanohaverse, but the signal-to-noise ratio is way too low for a casual viewer like myself to wade through.
Old 2007-05-30, 09:44   Link #105
Shiori-chan

just seen the new episode, still cant stop laughing with akira
also: konata's dad is a pervert, I mean trying to take pics of girls from 17-18 years old
Old 2007-05-30, 09:59   Link #106
Anime Online

My favorite scene in Episode#08 was Kagami's bread eating contest. From the scene where Konata was watching the TV, I wish they'll show more of Kona-dad too. Probably in due time.

I finally realized what Miyuki's role is: fanservice. It's quite odd the rest of the girls start calling her Yuki-chan this episode. Perhaps this is an indication that they are getting closer.

Lastly, Lucky Channel is quite interesting this episode. I wonder if they are really making figurines based on the poll.
Old 2007-05-30, 11:04   Link #107
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
haha its quite interesting to see how understanding kona is towards his father's perverted attitude XD *pictures pictures!!*

but the highlight of the ep has to be tsukasa getting one over kona for once XD "so are chocolate cornets lunch or dessert?" ~ "dam tsukasa giving me lip T_T" haha nice one XD

and kona buying the same volume of shuffle again...i can honestly say that ive done that once before XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-30, 12:03   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and kona buying the same volume of shuffle again...i can honestly say that ive done that once before XD
Funny enough, i've done it in the same context as Konata.

I remember watching Monkey, when it was aired at 3am or something like that --- never expected the OP to appear as a Lucky Star OP. I'd rather have a Monkey reference in the show though.

But yeah, best dubbing ever.
Old 2007-05-30, 12:52   Link #109
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Hooray for a.f.k! *Downloading*

Just in time for our anime club to watch, as we prepare to get to A-Kon in Dallas. I wonder if there will be some Lucky Star cosplayers already!

I wonder if Konata's dad sells the pictures he takes...
Old 2007-05-30, 12:58   Link #110
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Whoa, your club watches L*S? The anime club at my high school would only show Inu Yasha and spend the rest of the time bashing Pokémon and Sailor Moon. Much 1337 points to your club!
Old 2007-05-30, 16:26   Link #111
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

hooray for a.f.k indeed, but i have to wait for a stream, no torrents for me *sob*

I am really looking forward to this ep.. mostly cos i havent been able to watch any anime for the past 4 days having been away camping.
Old 2007-05-30, 17:05   Link #112
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

A interesting episode were we finally get to see Konata's dad and he's exactly how I imagined him to be plus more Konata teasing Kagami which is always a win for me.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-30, 18:00   Link #113
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yes, she was in the hentai section. Blame or bless her father for that.
Old 2007-05-30, 18:40   Link #114
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Whoa, your club watches L*S? The anime club at my high school would only show Inu Yasha and spend the rest of the time bashing Pokémon and Sailor Moon. Much 1337 points to your club!
Eww ... well that's a high school club for you. Adult Swim newbies to the max, eh? Although honestly, there's probably a lot of shows you *couldn't* watch in a high school club, because the content has to be approved by an advisor right? Or do they not really check up on what you watch? lol...

I won't even show Lucky*Star at my college club, because most of them wouldn't appreciate it. There's only maybe 4 people in the club that have enough anime/Japanese culture knowledge to find L*S funny. The rest would just think it's retarded.

PS: Why the heck would your high school club show Inu Yasha? Isn't the point of an anime club to watch stuff you CAN'T see every night on TV?
Old 2007-05-30, 19:40   Link #115
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
i am not sure if anyone noticed it
when konata is at the bookstore she was holding 2 books
on her left hand was a white book with a grey silhouette
isnt that the backside of the Suzumiya Haruhi official fanbook ?
Old 2007-05-30, 19:45   Link #116
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
My University club OSAMU was extremely good up until last year, always showing show's that don't get much exposure and one's that were often great shows that me and my friends wouldn't have watched otherwise (Legend of Black Heaven comes to mind). Then last year it just kind of tanked and all they showed were popular shows or one's I had seen. Last year was Haruhi, Ouran High School Host Club, Giant Robo and Pani Poni Dash among others. Basically stuff everybody had seen (and in my case I have the Giant Robo boxset sitting on my shelf). I don't think the club will exist next year as nobody went. Shame really as the first 2 years had a great mix of shows from all kinds of genres and from all kinds of years like Kodocha, Hunter x Hunter, Here is Greenwood, Ping Pong Club, Banner of The Stars, Tsukihime, Big O, Fullmetal Alchemist, Chobits and movies such as Only Yesterday, Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind, Samurai Champloo and a slot called best of the rest where the execs got to show of their personal favourites which were often really good. 2006 was basically all series that aired in the summer and a few recommendations from the president such as Giant Robo (which they didn't even finish I heard), so I didn't bother to go and neither did anyone else it would seem judging by how empty the message board was.
Old 2007-05-30, 19:45   Link #117
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
i am not sure if anyone noticed it
when konata is at the bookstore she was holding 2 books
on her left hand was a white book with a grey silhouette
isnt that the backside of the Suzumiya Haruhi official fanbook ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Konata has good taste in Haruhi products as she was buying the official fanbook!
Quoted as truth!

Good eye!

Old 2007-05-30, 21:10   Link #118
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Quoted as truth!

Good eye!

Did you just quote your own post like I do?

The question now is how high do sales of the fanbook spike after this, or do Konata's purchases and plugs not have as much influence on the viewers as I imagine they do.

After the show is over they should do a spinoff where Konata is all grown up and runs an advertising agency that recruits little girls to casually introduce products to people on the street, and of course hilarity ensues as they compete amongst each other to sell the most products in a month and win a trip to Hawaii. Things will get a little hectic as the girls stoop to gradually more and more devious means to sell the products and Konata gives them bad advice and narrarates.

Screw it I'm doing my spot now:

Lucky Star Episode 08 (Encounters In Buruma):

Spoiler:

Ladies and gentleman mark this day on your calendar's for this is the first time I have found Lucky Channel to be kind of funny (YAY!). The first half was above average, while 3rd quarter was crummy, but the last quarter was great.
Starting at 6 we go +1 (First half)-1.0 (Third Quarter) -0.5 (Game Penalty) +1.5 (Game Points) +1.5 (Fourth Quarter) = 8.5 out of 10, rounded up to Nine Out of Ten.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-30 at 22:23.
Old 2007-05-30, 21:32   Link #119
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

The question now is how high do sales of the fanbook spike after this, or do Konata's purchases and plugs not have as much influence on the viewers as I imagine they do.
Buy stock in Timotei. Just saying.
Old 2007-05-30, 21:35   Link #120
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Yup, 'cause if I don't have to retype it, I don't have to retype it.
Quote:
Anyway, everyone that has wanted a fanbook in Japan, has already bought one... I don't know about Shuffle vol. 5, though.
Quote:
After the show is over they should do a spinoff where Konata is all grown up and runs an advertising agency that recruits little girls to casually introduce products to people on the street, and of course hilarity ensues as they compete amongst each other to sell the most products in a month and win a trip to Hawaii. Things will get a little hectic as the girls stoop to gradually more and more devious means to sell the products and Konata gives them bad advice and narrarates.
Word of advice: don't quit your day job.

Closed Thread