AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-06-23, 11:12   Link #1441
Ilidsor
Angelerator

This is veering pretty off topic :P

Anyway that was a very good chapter . I'm dying to see Touma and Misaka's reactions. Also Index's as well although she hasn't been in this fic in person yet.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 16:29   Link #1442
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

Akane and Naru have borne the brunt of that, along with say, Louise to a lesser extent.

If you're referring to who I think you're referring to, the word 'nowadays' does not apply to those characters and Louise, to a lesser extent.

Mah whatever, I personally don't think Index and Mikoto crossed into that territory yet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 17:05   Link #1443
Ashaman

Those three have been off the stage for years.

Tsundere hate is sort of irrational, cause the violence is meant to be laughed off, but, how do I put this...?

Those three take it too far.

I can't speak for Akane, but Naru and Louise both crossed the line from comedy violence to straight up abuse.

Guy walks in, sees girl naked, hits him. Funny.

Girl walks in, sees guy naked, girl hits him. Less funny, causes guy is getting punished for the girls mistake.

Repeat one of these things 12 times or more. Not funny at all.

Both Saito and Keitaro got beat up, looked down on, etc, etc, way too many times for those two girls to still be in the realm of funny.

In fact, IIRC Louise still hasn't admitted she likes Saito, and Naru denied that they were seeing each other even after they were engaged.

There is a line. Those two crossed it.

Like I said, I don't know about Akane, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt considering considering Ranma was quite the tsundere jerk himself.

Mikoto and Index haven't crossed that line from comedy violence into Dude Not Funny. Mikoto only goes as far as she does because she knows Touma can take it. and Kuroko deserves every volt she gets.

Index's biting habit is harder to justify, but is still mostly in the amusing catagory.

It helps that both have a firm trust in Touma, and are quite likely to believe in him.

A lot of the more hated Tsunderes are pathological in their self-rightiousness and treat their LI horribly at all times, no matter what.
Old 2011-06-23, 21:59   Link #1444
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
^ Oh boy! Here comes more exciting things.

Just a bit nit-picking: I suppose Saten would address Touma as "Kamijou-san," not "-kun." Although it might be a matter of semantics in my opinion.
I thought girls only address guys as "-kun" only when a) they're older than the guy, or b) they're familiar with one another? I was under the impression it's something like san -> kun -> chan (or just skip the honorifics at this stage). Saten calls Touma "Kamijou-san" since she doesn't know him that well and she's younger than him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Nice indeed. Still, I feel it would seem more natural if Saten was the one to go all fangirl on the fact that another rumor turned out to be true. She is the gossip-mania of the group after all.
I thought after the Level Upper thing Saten might have learned to hold back a bit when it comes to rumours. I could still be wrong and she's still just as fanatical about rumours, but I'll just hand-wave it to something like since this involves Mikoto so Saten's not as enthusiastic about rumours since it involves Touma (and him being a possible two-timer before Mikoto started raging at him).

Also, I thought if Saten was the one started going fangirl on Touma it might be too much of a mood whiplash as she was just being angry at him for possibly toying with Mikoto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
In fact, IIRC Louise still hasn't admitted she likes Saito...
That's only in the anime. In the novels Louise went further, but I'll leave that for the ZnT LN thread, kinda a spoiler if I say any more.

About the Mikoto vs Index being tsundere bit, I'm alright with Mikoto being semi-abusive since she can't hurt Touma unless he wants to be hurt. Index on the other hand even with IB he'll still be in a world of hurt from her bite, so a bit less acceptable there IMO.

And everyone, thanks for your comments about the latest chapter
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 22:02   Link #1445
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Ashaman

The problem is though, different people draw the line at different numbers. How many times is too much? 10? 12? 4? So at best you could just wing it. But I think you might have something there with respect and admiration, guys are pretty anal about these kind of things.

Ayane and Naru... My memories are abit foggy on the details and I can't deny that I might have been affect by how other people view them rather than how I personally feel. But I do recall that I tend to prefer fanfics where Ranma left home to train or whatever, and Ayane felt really bad about it or something... So I guess she's not my favorite to say the least

Naru... Not much of an impression, I was too busy frowning at Keitaro than to think about her.

Louise... While I'm sure the Light Novel is better... Yeah, it's too late to try to win me over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
About the Mikoto vs Index being tsundere bit, I'm alright with Mikoto being semi-abusive since she can't hurt Touma unless he wants to be hurt. Index on the other hand even with IB he'll still be in a world of hurt from her bite, so a bit less acceptable there IMO.

Thunder Punch says otherwise
Old 2011-06-23, 22:37   Link #1446
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Thunder Punch says otherwise
Thunder slap was more like it... Vol8 when he accidently entered into Kuroko's room while she's changing, Mikoto slapped him for Kuroko. But yeah, good point

Touma did get punched by Mikoto during Daihasei festival, no thunder or anything augmenting it. When he was checking Index's waistline I think.
Old 2011-06-23, 22:45   Link #1447
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Thunder slap was more like it... Vol8 when he accidently entered into Kuroko's room while she's changing, Mikoto slapped him for Kuroko. But yeah, good point

Touma did get punched by Mikoto during Daihasei festival, no thunder or anything augmenting it. When he was checking Index's waistline I think.
Nono, I'm certain there was electricity involve go watch that scene from the anime.
Old 2011-06-23, 22:52   Link #1448
Flere821
Lurker

I prefer to use the novels as the main canon, the anime's a adaption from the original. In the novels:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol10 Ch5 Pt7
It seems that even the railgun won’t hurt him.

But, Mikoto still clenches her right fist tightly.

“GO…TO HELL!!!!!!!! YOU PERVERTED MONSTER——!!!!!!!!!”

She suddenly arrives beside the boy, raises her fist, and beats down with all her strength.

“WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH!!!!!????”

Kamijou, who was suddenly hit by a flying punch, leaves Index as he rolls on the ground. He feels pain from the back of his head, which hit the ground, and his limbs, which rubbed against the ground.

His face felt the amazingly soft feeling of the girl’s belly, the small amount of sweat, the sweet smell, and the warmth. As Kamijou was rendered giddy by all these factors, he’s now awake since Mikoto punched him. Also, at least he’s able to physically separate himself from Index. Kamijou thought that it’s killing two birds with one stone, but why isn’t he happy?”

“Eh?…I hit him?”

However, Mikoto, who got a hit in, exclaims loudly.
No lightning there, or any mention of being shocked.
Old 2011-06-23, 22:59   Link #1449
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I thought girls only address guys as "-kun" only when a) they're older than the guy, or b) they're familiar with one another? I was under the impression it's something like san -> kun -> chan (or just skip the honorifics at this stage). Saten calls Touma "Kamijou-san" since she doesn't know him that well and she's younger than him.
Eh? But you did write "Kamijou-kun"... and I was trying to address that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minds, Memories, and Misfortune
"I think I'm starting to feel sorry for… what's his name again… Kamijou-kun after all." Saten admitted.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 17:59   Link #1450
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Well I just read all of the chapters of Project 'Radio Noise'. I have to say that I like it. It is incredibly depressing, and all but I think it's good so far. I hope Touma saves Mikoto
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 21:35   Link #1451
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Eh? But you did write "Kamijou-kun"... and I was trying to address that.
I thought I had changed that before I posted it on FFN... okay, my bad >.<

EDIT: fixed it on the chapter.

Last edited by Flere821; 2011-06-25 at 04:30.
Old 2011-06-25, 13:18   Link #1452
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Interesting. A Negima/Toaru/Nasuverse crossover fanfic.

The Third Lost Art
Old 2011-06-25, 13:52   Link #1453
tsunade666

Frenda isn't a level 0 right? because in the review of that fanfic someone said she is. But if I remember it right. It's not been stated she is a level 0. Plus ITEM was a group of ESPER beside Shiage which is a grunt of the group.
Old 2011-06-25, 14:11   Link #1454
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
She doesn't show any Esper abilities and fought against Mikoto by using traps so people assume she is not an Esper or is a low level Esper with a useless ability.
Old 2011-06-25, 14:42   Link #1455
tsunade666

well she is already dead so we won't know anymore unless someone will said it in the story but still we won't get to see it in action.

that fanfic is interesting but the timeline is messed up for me.
Old 2011-06-25, 22:40   Link #1456
Breidaluk

there was ideas about touma working as part-time teacher in tokiwadai but it is not more simple if he makes tutor-like work. Think about this background: Touma receives a "propose" to help the tokiwadai students in their esper power development after Daihaseisai. Apparently, they "saw" him when he was with Tsuchimikado in the ball tossing contest and became interested about how he easily deflects the tokiwadai students's abilities. It would consist in him helping during combat-type lessons( in short, seeing if the tokiwadai students could improve using him as punchbag).
It coulb be used in the fic when touma meets tokiwadai dorm manager or Shokuhou misaki.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 23:16   Link #1457
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
there was ideas about touma working as part-time teacher in tokiwadai but it is not more simple if he makes tutor-like work. Think about this background: Touma receives a "propose" to help the tokiwadai students in their esper power development after Daihaseisai. Apparently, they "saw" him when he was with Tsuchimikado in the ball tossing contest and became interested about how he easily deflects the tokiwadai students's abilities. It would consist in him helping during combat-type lessons( in short, seeing if the tokiwadai students could improve using him as punchbag).
It coulb be used in the fic when touma meets tokiwadai dorm manager or Shokuhou misaki.

The students at Tokiwadai are taking classes well beyond that of Touma's normal high school. For a crack fic maybe, but if you want to follow canon, there are better ways to get Touma into Tokiwadai
Old 2011-06-25, 23:22   Link #1458
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
That was a crack idea I proposed, hoping someone would pick it up. but then again, I worry about OOC.

Teacher: ok, everybody line up and release your attack on him, one at a time. Don't hold anything back.

Touma: Am I getting paid for this?

Mikoto: Why is he here?!

Touma: Fukou da...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 23:32   Link #1459
ellifeedn
Thinker

Are there any ideas for an OC who welds a power in their hand (left or right doesn't matter)?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 23:34   Link #1460
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Are there any ideas for an OC who welds a power in their hand (left or right doesn't matter)?
Please elaborate? because that is a very vague question. Like, something that summons a power? grabs? Summoning a creature using hand? Elemental power? Magic?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction