AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 30.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-28, 01:20   Link #181
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Well, Teana did say she was different from the others. But it might be that she's the only one to use her brain.
She also is the weakest... Even the OC thread, the land of h4xx growth, is hard-pressed to buff her up...
Old 2007-08-28, 01:27   Link #182
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
She also is the weakest... Even the OC thread, the land of h4xx growth, is hard-pressed to buff her up...
But compared to Lightning, she still had more chance to show off more spells.

Though instead of buffing up her offensive, one could focus more on her support spells, seeing as they're usually the ones that steal the show.
Old 2007-08-28, 03:19   Link #183
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

well before the battle comes to a close, we should atleast know if Scaglietti does have Relic#11 and who is that person inside the tube in Scaglietti's lab. This could be another side-plot that could be easily tossed to the side due to the Cradle/Vivio.
Seems that Lutecia has become someone to watch out in the battlefield, since she has brain control and doesn't want to hurt anyone. (hence the tears she was shedding when Quattro took over her.)

Spoiler for Lutecia:
Old 2007-08-28, 03:24   Link #184
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Spoiler for Lutecia:
Or just blame it on Vivio! It's easier

(Yes, I'm still at it )
Old 2007-08-28, 03:31   Link #185
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Or just blame it on Vivio! It's easier

(Yes, I'm still at it )
hahaha its pretty obvious that everyone, at this point, hates Vivio because she's the reason why most of the sub-plots are being shafted and creating room just for the final battle and the whole saving Vivio mission.

Its too bad, Lutecia had more development than Vivio just to get her sub-plot overshadowed by a little unknown girl who can control a giant ship.

oh wells....
Old 2007-08-28, 03:50   Link #186
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
hahaha its pretty obvious that everyone, at this point, hates Vivio because she's the reason why most of the sub-plots are being shafted and creating room just for the final battle and the whole saving Vivio mission.
Exactly why people shouldn't cater to Yuri

(Yes, I'm still at it )

Quote:
Its too bad, Lutecia had more development than Vivio just to get her sub-plot overshadowed by a little unknown girl who can control a giant ship.

oh wells....
It's up to Fanfic writers to pick up the slack!

Edit: But I won't say she has more developments though
Old 2007-08-28, 04:09   Link #187
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Exactly why people shouldn't cater to Yuri

(Yes, I'm still at it )
Vivio being added to spike up the NanohaXFate vibes in StrikerS...was it a good choice or bad?...hhmmm

Quote:
It's up to Fanfic writers to pick up the slack!

Edit: But I won't say she has more developments though
hmm, yea Vivio got more development than Lutecia, but if Vivio didn't happen, then I would see Lutecia getting more development.
Looking at some of the previous posts in this thread, some people are already sighting the faults in StrikerS and how it should have been directed in a different way...mainly Vivio seems to be the blame for StrikerS to end up like this.
As for me though, I can't really judge anything yet until its all over.

back to the topic, what other sub-plots are being left untold before StrikerS hit episode 26?
Old 2007-08-28, 04:16   Link #188
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Vivio being added to spike up the NanohaXFate vibes in StrikerS...was it a good choice or bad?...hhmmm
Lets just say the OC thread is a good example of success without a 'certain' element

Quote:
hmm, yea Vivio got more development than Lutecia, but if Vivio didn't happen, then I would see Lutecia getting more development.
Looking at some of the previous posts in this thread, some people are already sighting the faults in StrikerS and how it should have been directed in a different way...mainly Vivio seems to be the blame for StrikerS to end up like this.
As for me though, I can't really judge anything yet until its all over.
The main reason why I wanted more Lutecia is because more Lutecia = more Lightning developments.

There's already enough Stars to fill the night skies...

Quote:
back to the topic, what other sub-plots are being left untold before StrikerS hit episode 26?
All of them were crushed badly....

Oh wait, what the hell are the relics exactly?
Old 2007-08-28, 04:24   Link #189
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Lets just say the OC thread is a good example of success without a 'certain' element

The main reason why I wanted more Lutecia is because more Lutecia = more Lightning developments.

There's already enough Stars to fill the night skies...
never thought of that...that is true though, the Stars team had enough development, but the Lightning team seemed to just stay at the sidelines when it came down to fighting in the previous episodes thus not making Erio or Caro have any defeated moments or emo moments from being badly defeated or having something taken away from them. Lutecia seemed like the only person to spike up their development, but instead gets pushed to the side because of Numbers and Vivio.

Quote:
All of them were crushed badly....

Oh wait, what the hell are the relics exactly?
well lets just hope theres enough room to reveal who is that person in the test tube that looks like Lutecia and why does she need relic#11 and if Scaglietti even has it.

EDIT: I feel there is going to be a break up between Agito and Zest..., to me, they were a very unique couple.
what does "Dana" mean again? I swear I heard Vice call out Zafira in that name before he walked out the door.

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-08-28 at 04:52.
Old 2007-08-28, 04:59   Link #190
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
  • IMPORTANT
    • What in blue hell are Relics/Relic Weapon!?
    • Jail Scaglietti backstory
    • Zest/Lutecia backstory
    • The final piece of the prophecy
    • Cradle/Vivio
  • Negligible, but doing so is lazy storytelling
    • Numbers backstory
    • The actual truth behind Quint's death
    • Vice

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-28, 05:06   Link #191
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I'm guessing the final piece to the prophecy is the "wings" part yea?
Old 2007-08-28, 05:42   Link #192
Nemesis

Quote:
never thought of that...that is true though, the Stars team had enough development, but the Lightning team seemed to just stay at the sidelines when it came down to fighting in the previous episodes thus not making Erio or Caro have any defeated moments or emo moments from being badly defeated or having something taken away from them. Lutecia seemed like the only person to spike up their development, but instead gets pushed to the side because of Numbers and Vivio.

well lets just hope theres enough room to reveal who is that person in the test tube that looks like Lutecia and why does she need relic#11 and if Scaglietti even has it.
we would'nt be worrying about it now if not for vivio.

ps.i hope there will be a makeup season for strikers.

Last edited by Nemesis; 2007-08-28 at 05:56.
Old 2007-08-28, 06:00   Link #193
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

another season after strikers...may be possible, but it depends on how the ending goes, whether they leave it open ended or not.
Old 2007-08-28, 06:08   Link #194
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Lutecia was a GREAT chance to develop them... With or without the triangle (But lets face it, we all want to see it happen...) I don't know what was going through their minds when they went,

"Ahhh F**k it..."

...Oh wait! Maybe I do!

~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~, ~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,

Quote:
"I don't care as long as there's Nanoha/Fate scenes!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukiko-chan View Post
The extra people are just taking my two favorite character's outta the series and only keeping them for a little bit...they dont even talk to each other only for like one second then off they go

those new characters are annoying its all about them what about Fate and Nanoha who are more like the side characters??

Sorry people but thats just what I think its getting me angry......well whatever doesnt matter anymore I dont think im watching this anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
The studio got a bad reaction after that scene, who surf 2chan and 4chan will know that the boards almost exploded, but as we said before in many boards, this is the kind of series where the studio takes feedback and can write or modify the plot according to it (bad thing, remember what happened in GSD when Sunrise changed the protagonist?), and if they do a mistake they will try to amend it. So this kind of scene between our two main characters was expected, but it was CRIMINAL, there is no other word to describe such a sudden declaration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
The good thing about the studio taking feedback is that we surely will get more fanservice (is it fanservice if involves plot?), maybe we even can get more "happy family ^^" fanservice in the next episode since they got a good reaction of the scenes in this one. Quotes like this are frequent in almost every board, I saved many of them from 4chan as the people were watching the raws:
*Whistling whistling....*

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-08-28 at 06:21.
Old 2007-08-28, 06:19   Link #195
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
another season after strikers...may be possible, but it depends on how the ending goes, whether they leave it open ended or not.
It's hard to say, but many elements do point to another season being highly probable.

Firstly, sad to say, StrikerS was not epic. There is little dynamic and drama in any mage-rivalry/conflict whatsoever. Not to mention rather than introducing similar dynamics, they went for the downplayed route, where the Aces are weakened through AMF and massive numbers rather than being played on the par game.

In my opinion, a true completion to Nanoha would never hold back anything, but it's clear from StrikerS they're holding back a lot of things. I mean, if it weren't for AMF and stuff like that, is there any SINGLE one in the antagonist on par with the Aces? Even S+ Zest suffered from the weakening/incompability thing, that downplayed his true abilities.

Not to mention there's a sheer lack of genuine drama going on. Aside from Vivio, Ginga and Mid-childa under a timebomb, was there ANYTHING else worth caring about? There was little emotional investment for both parties, and the diversity behind it, was honestly, horrible. In terms of befriending drama, Agito and Zest are probably the best developed of the cast from a solitary standpoint, and that tells you HOW horrible the development is.

StrikerS is a good show. I won't deny that. But many aspects of it, honestly, are very very underwhelming.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-28, 06:23   Link #196
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's hard to say, but many elements do point to another season being highly probable.

Firstly, sad to say, StrikerS was not epic. There is little dynamic and drama in any mage-rivalry/conflict whatsoever. Not to mention rather than introducing similar dynamics, they went for the downplayed route, where the Aces are weakened through AMF and massive numbers rather than being played on the par game.

In my opinion, a true completion to Nanoha would never hold back anything, but it's clear from StrikerS they're holding back a lot of things. I mean, if it weren't for AMF and stuff like that, is there any SINGLE one in the antagonist on par with the Aces? Even S+ Zest suffered from the weakening/incompability thing, that downplayed his true abilities.

Not to mention there's a sheer lack of genuine drama going on. Aside from Vivio, Ginga and Mid-childa under a timebomb, was there ANYTHING else worth caring about? There was little emotional investment for both parties, and the diversity behind it, was honestly, horrible. In terms of befriending drama, Agito and Zest are probably the best developed of the cast from a solitary standpoint, and that tells you HOW horrible the development is.

THAT,my friend is one of the best rants about how crappy strikers is.

Seriously what ON EARTH GOT INTO THE WRITER'S MINDS?
Old 2007-08-28, 06:24   Link #197
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
THAT,my friend is one of the best rants about how crappy strikers is.
He already said it's not 'crap' ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Seriously what ON EARTH GOT INTO THE WRITER'S MINDS?
Refer to my previous post

The words "You were saying...?" never felt so good rolling out of my tongue...
Old 2007-08-28, 06:27   Link #198
Nemesis

Quote:
He already said it's not 'crap' ...

Refer to my previous post

The words "You were saying...?" never felt so good rolling out of my tongue...
erm wrong wording then.

Could anyone tell me what the heck happened at 2chan and 4 chan exactly?
Old 2007-08-28, 06:27   Link #199
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

StrikerS is a good show. I won't deny that. But many aspects of it, honestly, are very very underwhelming.
yea I see what you mean, and I guess creating another season of Nanoha just to make up for StrikerS would be a good idea. And I guess it would be a good suggestion to keep it to a minimum 13 episodes...26 was an exciting change, but we were expecting it be very epic and maybe have 2 story arcs since 26 is doubled from 13 ( a little math there...).
Not to mention, Chaos did point out that in some people's posts, they dropped the show because of less Fate and Nanoha interaction and more of the Forwards and stuff. Really shocking stuff to hear and I guess the Studio took that consideration and well, thats how we ended up with Vivio.
Old 2007-08-28, 06:33   Link #200
Nemesis

Quote:
yea I see what you mean, and I guess creating another season of Nanoha just to make up for StrikerS would be a good idea. And I guess it would be a good suggestion to keep it to a minimum 13 episodes...26 was an exciting change, but we were expecting it be very epic and maybe have 2 story arcs since 26 is doubled from 13 ( a little math there...).
Not to mention, Chaos did point out that in some people's posts, they dropped the show because of less Fate and Nanoha interaction and more of the Forwards and stuff. Really shocking stuff to hear and I guess the Studio took that consideration and well, thats how we ended up with Vivio.
I....see.we may have been a little harsh on the studio.
Closed Thread