AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-10-14, 15:47   Link #1
phonix

I feel that I have a strong fantasy idea but?

I'm not sure what to do with it! I could write a story, but I'm not the strongest writer and my ideas might not get well emphasized, plus so many people think they can write fantasy stories. I don't want the readers to feel it's generic.
My second Idea was to get it turned into a live action drama or a game, because with this current generation most people like to "see" or "play" the action rather than just read it. I thought about this a lot, but I don't have the faintest idea how to even begin writing a script or game design document for starters!
Well, I want to know what you would do; this idea I've shared with my friends (trusted ones) and family and they feel something should be done. I don't want the idea to go to a waste! In the beginning it seems cliché but, as the story dwells deeper many real life themes are touched upon. After all, the whole idea of fantasy is to make it seem somewhat believable.
What do you think?

IDEA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14 year old Max lives an unfortunate life, he lost his Mother due to childbirth and his Father has been conscripted to help fight in World War 2. Being an evacuee, his only hope was to await his Father's return. However, one day when daydreaming about his Father in the woods, (his haven from harsh reality), he walks back to the old couples house that he's currently residing in to find two military officials outside. Immediately, he understands what's happened and runs away refusing to accept that his Father is dead. He runs back into the woods but deeper this time and trips on something hard. He finds it to be a rather large crystal than regular ones illuminating with bright white light. Something appears to be moving inside of it.... When he touches the crystal he is engulfed by the light and transported to a parallel world. He meets a 16 year old girl called Tara who is a commoner and her Grandparents who she is currently living with. They provide him with shelter for the night. The next day Max goes into town with Tara only to be attacked by Raptors. Events unfold with take them both to the capital city “Excilian.” They arrive on the day of a festival called: “New Beginnings” where everyone is celebrating the defeat of a dark entity called Magnus. The High King makes a speech and presents the famed Phonix blade crafted by the Phoenix that was used to banish the evil. When attackers try to steal it, the blade falls in front of Max who picks it up, the thing is... only the chosen one can hold this special blade… the only one destined to defeat Magnus… and so his adventure begins.

Teayro is a troubled 18 year old, he is always getting into fights inside and out of college. His anger stems from his dysfunctional family which is getting ready to suffer a divorce. He isn’t even there for his little sister, Naomi when she needs him the most. He sees life as bleak and miserable with nothing to look forward to. He sees it like walking on a treadmill: your stuck in the same situations, never getting anywhere. One day at college he finally perks up the courage to ask out his crush, Rebecca. However, he is cut short when she is being harassed by other males her age; Teayro steps in to save her to only be brutally punched in the face by one of them. When she takes him to her house to nurse him as a way of saying thank you, he notices a crystal like stone along the way. He picks it up to be engulfed by white light and transported to a parallel world. Where he is almost captured as a slave to menacing beasts called Ulgocks. He tries to defend himself to almost be turned

into one himself by the demonic contractor known as Flame, who works for Magnus turning unfortunate humans into these disgusting beasts. However, by the skin of his teeth, the Western army arrives to save all the slaves. Thus he begins his exodus along with them to Excilian. When contemplating on what to do next, he sees a little girl being harassed for by a merchant; It appears she is being accused of stealing. Using what little money he has he pays the merchant on behalf of her and leaves the area. However, the little girl follows him asking if he is an adventurer and if she could join him. After being told by the annoyed Teayro to, “go away” it dawns on Teayro that the merchant is claiming the money to be false and has the guards try to arrest him. That is, before one of the guards inspects the little girl more closely and almost gasps in shock. Teayro is arrested for attempted kidnapping of the High Princess of Excilian. Even with all this happening Teayro is unaware that when that when Flame’s ritual to transform him into an Ulgock failed, a dark evil now resides inside of him, waiting for the right moment to consume him.
(Note: Yes, two protagonists but each from two different time periods: 1940 and the 21st century.)
Why did I do this? Because it represents the storyline from two different views: The protagonists in effect are conveying two approaches to being a hero. In turn there is a guarantee for reader,player,viewer to be able to connect or enjoy at least one characters storyline.

I'm not sure if this was the ebst place to post this sorry if it's not. Could someone direct me somewhere that is more suitable please.

But thank you for reading all this if you did. I had to think carefully about if I was really ready to share the idea or not.
phonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 00:31   Link #2
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I'm not sure where this should be posted to be honest~ This is the fan creation section and this is surly a fan creation. So it's hard to say, a mod will probably deal with it should it be in an unsuitable location.

I've read both, and have you considered a comic or graphic novel as a possible medium for this story? It could work quite well with the themes you have listed here.

If you wish to write it as a novel I can council you on good writing skills and help you flesh out your story. You see, I have writen seven books, but only really published my poetry. I hope to be published and know much of the fantasy genre. There is high competition there, but people are keen on what is good and will find your book.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 00:36   Link #3
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora Kasugano View Post
I'm not sure where this should be posted to be honest~ This is the fan creation section and this is surly a fan creation. So it's hard to say, a mod will probably deal with it should it be in an unsuitable location.
I think this thread is perfectly fine where it is in my opinion.
Old 2010-10-15, 00:56   Link #4
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Oh okay, so if I were to say put things in that I like to work on it would be alright in this section of the forum?
Old 2010-10-15, 01:00   Link #5
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I think this thread is perfectly fine where it is in my opinion.
Yes, this is certainly the place for such a thread.

There's also a social group for writers, but the group on the whole has been pretty inactive as of late.

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=23

There's another big thread in general chat where writers show of their stuff too.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=66387

This thread was supposed to be moved to FC after a few days of exposure there, but it still remains in general chat as you can see.

Quote:
Oh okay, so if I were to say put things in that I like to work on it would be alright in this section of the forum?
Yes, even stuff like self made costumes (for cosplay) can have a thread here. Not sure if everything needs to be anime related, but you can always ask a mod in case of doubt.
Old 2010-10-15, 01:03   Link #6
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I see, thank you so much for all the information you've provided I will get started on my own thread right away XD.
Old 2010-10-15, 01:33   Link #7
phonix

Hello,

Sorry for late reply.

Thank you for commenting, I've just really been looking for people who understand this fantasty stuff. When comming across this anime forum I knew right away that people here would have a perfectly good understanding of my idea.

Thanks Daniel E for the site I will take a look.

Thanks Sora Kasugano as well for taking a look.

Also, Hooves too.

I might consider writing, but as you mentioned it does have high competition, great to hear you publish poetry Sora Kasugano.

I'm still open to any other suggests, thanks!
Old 2010-10-15, 01:42   Link #8
Yuno
Balanced Diet

It's very difficult indeed. Fantasy Fiction is one of the largest genre available right now and many stores have so many books. I hear some publishers must compete for shelf space. It's troublesome really as it's my favourite genre. However, there are ways to stand out as we still find a gemstone now and then.

I pray for this because I refuse to give up my genre! Hehe~

Hehe, thank you it was a few of my more emotional poems, my pastoral work isn't as popular.
Old 2010-10-15, 06:11   Link #9
phonix

I wish you the bes to of luck!

What I do want to know is, what should I do with my idea then? Fantasy books need to be very speical to stand out. By no means am I claiming that my story isn't. Do you think you could see it maybe has a game, or do I need to supply more information?
Old 2010-10-15, 06:26   Link #10
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Hmm, I shall re-read and consider it more carefully. I would be so distressed if I were to give you poor advice.

Thank you so much for wishing me luck~ I hope that one day I shall be published so that I can share my imagination with others.

I have a few question, how fleshed out is the idea? How much do you have written down? Have you done character sketches or outlines? A story outline? I am so curious, because with these it can be easier to choose which medium to share your story.

Last edited by Yuno; 2010-10-15 at 06:36. Reason: Added questions in bold~
Old 2010-10-15, 08:54   Link #11
phonix

I have done character profiles (sort of) just have to write up about the world's lore and so on. My promise is that I will get this done ASAP. I could give you what I have but it's all very "work in progress."
Old 2010-10-15, 08:59   Link #12
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Hehe, no rush~ I think it is important for one to get all their ideas down, they are so very precious. It also helps to have it in a format where you can share it with others very quickly. I don't want you to feel it is work. Do what ever format works best for you and I will gladly take a look at them~

Those listed above I do for each of my books. Once I have done that I think about the medium they would best fit. How about we try that~ ^.^ If there is any difficulty we can try other methods.
Old 2010-10-15, 12:46   Link #13
phonix

Alright then, do be sure to check back in time.
Old 2010-10-15, 19:11   Link #14
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I will, and I look forward to it~