AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2011-01-28, 22:26   Link #1
The_Seth

The Seth's Sketches

G'day guys and girls, my names Seth and i've been a bit of a anime fan for a while now. I've taken a crack at making sigs, av's and amv's over the past few months, but then i found this forum around xmass and noticed a thread called 'Satsumaru's Drawings' which pretty kicked my brain into overdrive, as it reminded me that i used to be able to draw. So this is my work since then.

Spoiler for Getting back into it:

Spoiler for Copied from Satsumaru, need to start somewhere:

Spoiler for Zombie eyes, finding my style:

Spoiler for Medusa becomes my model:

Spoiler for First crack at shading a face:

Spoiler for Getting the hang of it:

Spoiler for Got the hang of it i think:

Spoiler for Attempting cute, really hard for me:

Spoiler for Definately where it's at:

Spoiler for Playing around:

Spoiler for I like zombies, really fun to draw:

Spoiler for Need's some cleaning up:

Spoiler for A bit of Maid-sama:

So far all of my drawings have been freehand, using a HB pencil that has a little eraser on the end, a little black sharpener and a $6 sketch book. I've never seriously drawn before so im going to be experimenting with some different pencils over the next few months, but im really bad at colouring so i will leave that until i absolutely have to haha.

Anyway I look forward to everyones feedback, also any small tips or recomendations for what pencils i should be using would be great as it's a pain having to do shading and fine details with the same pencil.

Cheers, The Seth.
The_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 07:03   Link #2
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Welcome to FC Seth!

You obviously had a fair share of talent so I'll be sure to check your thread from time to time.

Quote:
noticed a thread called 'Satsumaru's Drawings' which pretty kicked my brain into overdrive
Yeah, Satsu is pretty awesome, isn't he?
Old 2011-01-30, 02:21   Link #3
The_Seth

Thanks for that Daniel, your too kind.

And yeh Satsu certainly has set the bar for drawing and animation ability, gives me something to aim for which is always handy.
Which is why I threw another sketch together today, this time I attempted Rem from Death Note.

Spoiler for Rem:

I'll get around to doing the upper body later, just trying to get his mouth to make sense without any coloured pencils was painful enough for now haha.
Old 2011-01-31, 13:36   Link #4
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Great work man, I like the way you detail each part and such, and how you showed us your gallery by parts and the zombie one is very good, lots of talent with those...(probably because you love them so much). Good stuff, hope to see you branch out into more things with your hand-drawn art .
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 04:57   Link #5
The_Seth

Thanks for that Legit, i tried to make it atleast somewhat amusing to read and look at. Sadly work's been kicking my butt over the past few weeks so i haven't gotten to do as much drawing as i'd like but hey.

Heres an attempt at drawing some different things, this was taken from FMA Brotherhood in probably one of the most powerful scenes i've seen in an anime for a while (that said i haven't seen all of FMA Brotherhood so please don't anyone spoil it).

Spoiler for Hawkeye:

Not entirely finished but then again not many of my drawings are .
Old 2011-02-13, 13:11   Link #6
xAvalonx
♫ Mokyuu !♫
*Graphic Designer

amaaaaaaaaaaazing
can't wait to see more
Old 2011-02-27, 00:25   Link #7
The_Seth

Ok time for another pic upload, but first thank you xAvalonx your too kind.

Ok so for this post im going to try something a little different and show the stages of me drawing Mustang (the pic was taken from FMA Brotherhood). At the start it took a while to get the rough shape of his face because i was always stop starting with it but i think it worked out.

Spoiler for Stage 1:

Spoiler for Stage 2:

Spoiler for Stage 3:

Spoiler for Stage 4:

Spoiler for Stage 5:

Spoiler for Stage 6, Fin.:
Old 2011-02-27, 00:33   Link #8
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Welcome to the Fan Creations section The_Seth, and I must say! Your Hawkeye drawing is just amazing also the 6 stages to your drawing of Roy Mustang. Keep up the great work
Old 2011-03-06, 20:38   Link #9
The_Seth

Extra's

Thank you very much Hooves, it seems that my Hawkeye drawing is being enjoyed (even my mum likes it, tho she thinks it looks like her as a young girl but whatever haha).

Anywho i've been feeling a little creative ever since joining up with this forum and have tried a few things, some old some new, entering in the EMDAS Feb and coming even 2nd made me pretty happy so i decided to archive it into this thread.

Its pretty sappy so if action and intense story telling is your thing i would suggest skipping this story.

Spoiler for Teddy (Origins):

On the other hand i recently decided to upload 2 AMV's that i threw together, they are a bit more true to my character and are not moe in the slightest. Also bear in mind that i just use Windows Movie Maker so they arn't going to blow your socks off.

Spoiler for Elfin Lied AMV:

Spoiler for HOTD AMV:
Old 2011-03-07, 19:05   Link #10
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I'm really diggin' the zombie picture.

Great sketches, good work. You've got some pretty awesome talent right there.
Old 2011-03-07, 20:27   Link #11
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I really liked the Teddy story for the Origins contest
Old 2011-03-10, 11:55   Link #12
The_Seth

Thank you for your kind words Asuras, im glad you like the zombie.

And thank you again Hooves, i've made another entry for this months contest which is a bit different to Teddy, well its drastically different but aslong as its amusing im happy.

And whilst im here i may as well throw up a pic that i threw together over the last two days, im giving cute another go using Yui from K-ON. As per usual the pic isnt completely finished but im pretty happy with the progress so far.

Spoiler for Yui:

I might have to start putting my drawings along side the originals i take them from, could be an interesting concept.

Last edited by The_Seth; 2011-03-10 at 22:09. Reason: Spelling fail