AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-28, 09:54   Link #361
XFire
150% done

Alternate theory about the motive, Gag Route: A super-wealthy and influential magician family tries to kidnap Ise. They succeed, and the Gremory group, the Sitri group, the Yondai Maou, and Azazel all smash their way in to rescue him. However, it turns out the young (female) heir to the family was a Chichiryutei fan, and her family (which naturally spoils her completely) overreacted and kidnapped Ise for her birthday. The combined forces find them right as Ise clears up the misunderstanding and forms a contract with the girl. In the epilogue, Ise can't figure out why Rias is pouting since the contract is a huge gain for the Gremory's.
Old 2012-12-28, 14:00   Link #362
Yye1
Wide Right

lol, that first part is gonna be a total cockblock

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2012-12-28, 14:05   Link #363
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Wonder if its the Magicians or vampires attcking
Old 2012-12-28, 15:06   Link #364
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Wonder if its the Magicians or vampires attcking
Most likely both, as stated before both Magicians and Vampires are troubling existences to Devils.

Magicians in particular, despite not being involved with the conflict, had one of their top Magicians defeated. Even when rouge, having one of their best defeated creates tension between Devils and Magicians. Its like demonstrating that while their is no initial hostility between Devils and Magicians, it makes Magicians seem venerable in the Magicians' point of view. Think of it how Russia felt during the Persian Gulf War when their T-72s were out blasted by the U.S. M1A1 Abrams.

Vampires, while we haven't seen one other than Gasper, it is reasonable to believe that Vampires look down on Devils due to their Status system of allowing non pure Devils to raise the ranks. Also, despite the Vampires not interesting in allowing Non pure Vampires in their higher ranks, they still find it interesting to capture a High Class Sacred Gear user. Seems like they are preparing for a conflict it seems as well they are amiss into a conflict within their own world as well, one may believe this conflict will get larger and involve other races.

It would not be surprising for many races to get anxious of the Alliance of Devils, Angels, and Fallen Angels. In particular especially the Hindu religion who already fought against God and his followers, having Christianity taking multiple territories of Hindu it seems like the Hindu were getting push back and outclassed. The sighting of Great Red would bring much concerns to many races as well, while not knowing Great Red's true purpose was to bring Ise back to the Underworld, how can other races know that as a spectator? From other races point of view, they fear that the Alliance is growing too powerful and speculated that they have a connection with Great Red. Fearing the worse, its not strange that multiple religions or races having a Cold War or sort to prepare themselves.
Old 2012-12-28, 15:31   Link #365
Richocet
Lover of Purity

^But the Hindu gods are higher ranked than most of the alliance members aren't they?
And about magicians, since they contract with the devils I don't really see much of a conflict arising b/w devils and magicians, since most of the magicians are wanting more knowledge and power as such tehy usually have it out amongst their own kind. So the higher ranked devil they contract with the better for them
Old 2012-12-28, 15:41   Link #366
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
^But the Hindu gods are higher ranked than most of the alliance members aren't they?
And about magicians, since they contract with the devils I don't really see much of a conflict arising b/w devils and magicians, since most of the magicians are wanting more knowledge and power as such tehy usually have it out amongst their own kind. So the higher ranked devil they contract with the better for them
Indra had a part in the invasion of the Underworld, it doesn't seem unlikely that his followers and subordinate Gods are unaware of his participation. Maybe they allowed him to do so. Its up to debate whether or not Hindu have a stronger force, as stated before when Sirzechs is at his full power we don't know his rank among the strongest fighter as well his rival Beelzebub. Leviathan and Grayfia were considered rivals as well. The civil war between old Underworld and new Underworld clearly didn't demonstrate the full power of the new Underworld's top fighters so its hard to debate without further information.

As for Magicians there may or may not be a conflict arising between them and Devils for the reason you have stated. The thing is there may be conflict with the Higher Level Magicians or old fashioned Magicians who may think otherwise than their younger Magicians. There is potentially conflict there, but as your reason stated before it may be unlikely.

As for vol 14, Rias is missing. My bet is that she is training with Sirzechs.
Old 2012-12-28, 15:51   Link #367
Chris38

There could always be attacked by Magicans from the Khaos Brigade, after all - it has been mentioned that some Magicans have joined this group - and considering the fact that after the Hero fraction, and the Old Maou fraction of the Khaos Brigade, the Magican fraction, could be the groups next potential enemies, especially considering the fact that we still don't know much about them.

Of course, the possibility of the Khaos Brigade, recovering so quickly, is low but, there is pretty much nothing preventing a few reckless Magican's from the Khaos Brigade, from attacking Ise and the rest of the group, to try and avenge the defeat of Georg.
Old 2012-12-28, 15:55   Link #368
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Well it might be true, since as Odin said many of the other factions are in fear of the alliance, not knowing how it might turn out
And as for Rias, she might be practicing aiming for her boob rays
Old 2012-12-28, 17:31   Link #369
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Personally, I doubt THAT is actually happen, it's probably purposefully done by the author, to make the reader interested in buying the next novel volume, but when it's actually going to be released, Akeno and Ise are going to be interrupted by someone, as usual.

If it's going to actually happen, which be a pretty good surprise, ... then Akeno would probably need to deal with a pretty furious Rias, which wouldn't be a good idea, in my opinion, even if, it might lead to a pretty funny situation
Yeah, you're probably right.
Poor Ise and Akeno, when an opportunity for them to do "something" comes round they always get interrupted by someone.
Vol 3(Just Akeno teasing then Rias arrives), Vol 7 two opportunities(Love hotel interrupted and second stop by Ise for her sake), Vol 9(can count depending on how you look it), and Onsen SS she was expecting sex at night.(blocked by Grayfia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
  • Maybe Ise and Akeno finally do a "breast power up"
I can see this happening. I wonder what kind of power that beam will be?
Old 2012-12-28, 17:36   Link #370
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

We now know that Akeno is going to get some development with Ise, but who do guys think is the center girl of vol 14? Rias is most likely out, she is not in the Academy so most likely Underworld to get some training or digging up information about Gasper and Magicians.
Old 2012-12-28, 17:55   Link #371
nfsac

Its time for Akeno to shine/Take Issei.
Old 2012-12-28, 18:38   Link #372
NeutralZero

Akeno?
Isn't Ravel the main heroine for V14?
Old 2012-12-28, 18:51   Link #373
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I really think its Ravel as well. Would make sense though, Rias is usually the one to keep Ise focus and in check. Ravel is suppose to be his manager, I think its time for her to shine anyhow. Still I really do wish Xenovia, she been in the story since vol 3. Aside from trying to sleep with Ise, she only got a little kiss on the cheek, nothing in the real relationship department. Irina is also a girl who needs development, her Angel wings going off like Dish T.V. during a Tornado really make you feel sorry for her. She loves Ise, but can't act due to her race.
Old 2012-12-28, 20:34   Link #374
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I really think its Ravel as well. Would make sense though, Rias is usually the one to keep Ise focus and in check. Ravel is suppose to be his manager, I think its time for her to shine anyhow. Still I really do wish Xenovia, she been in the story since vol 3. Aside from trying to sleep with Ise, she only got a little kiss on the cheek, nothing in the real relationship department. Irina is also a girl who needs development, her Angel wings going off like Dish T.V. during a Tornado really make you feel sorry for her. She loves Ise, but can't act due to her race.
I think the author and the volume 14 cover confirm that will Ravel be main heroine. Akeno willl most likely get some character development and progression in her relationship with Ise as well.
I think after Ravel, she(Xenovia) will be next.
Irina, is one of girls that definitely needs a volume dedicated to her.
Old 2012-12-29, 02:53   Link #375
Chris38

Well, regarding Rias, I think, I'm more leaning toward the theory that she went to train with her brother to the Underworld, so that she would be more capable of controlling her Power of Destruction.

After all, Rias didn't have any power up, since the beginning of the series, unlike some of the other members of the Occult Research Club - while, I am well aware of the fact that she is a "King", which is one of the weaker units on the chest board, but even a King, sometime needs to get stronger , and Ise's near death experience, as well as, the fact, that, with his new body, Ise is even more vulnerable to dragon slaying techniques, is a pretty good motivator for Rias, and the other members of the Gremory group, to try and get stronger.
Old 2012-12-29, 11:42   Link #376
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Lets see how the author plays it out. For all you know...in future vols Ajuka may say something lie: "The pawn piece has a secret King's trait inside and I can see u unlocking it" and then you see a sub species between Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing. The king pieces actually has a trait but can only be activated under certain circumstances lol......

Old 2012-12-29, 12:03   Link #377
Insane
Banned

Y'know what would be very awesome? If Ise stopped nosebleeding, yearning for breasts, or dreaming about having sex with the girls and just goes rambo on them. I'd perfectly understand that he can bed them whenever he wants, yet it's funny that he never had a single opportunities to do so. Honestly i find it strange that all pervert male leads with great fondness of women always chicken out whenever the reckoning comes.
God, please don't turn this LN preachy and falling into usual thing like many harem stories i've read thus far . . .
Old 2012-12-29, 14:01   Link #378
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Y'know what would be very awesome? If Ise stopped nosebleeding, yearning for breasts, or dreaming about having sex with the girls and just goes rambo on them. I'd perfectly understand that he can bed them whenever he wants, yet it's funny that he never had a single opportunities to do so. Honestly i find it strange that all pervert male leads with great fondness of women always chicken out whenever the reckoning comes.
God, please don't turn this LN preachy and falling into usual thing like many harem stories i've read thus far . . .
is it hentai that you want?
Old 2012-12-29, 14:14   Link #379
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Well you got to consider Ise is barely a one year old Devil. Before Ise got turned into a Devil, he was public enemy 1 of all the females in his school. Ise's closest interaction with females is with video games, manga, and etc, nothing real in short for the majority of his life. Then he got a girl confess to him and turned out she played with his feeling and thought of him as the pathetic all pathetic beings. Heart torn off, punching a girl for the first time, and then readjusting with his life.

If it were any normal person, Ise would have done anything towards the girls of what you are asking. Ise is now thrust into a life to serve the most beautiful girls in school, one of them happen to be the school top beauty and is a royal princess. The other is a fallen angel who is the daughter of one of their top fighters.

Considering Ise's past life, it is kind of asking too much for him to adjust quickly. He is just starting to recover so it won't be long beofre the nosebleed is gone and he having real interaction with the girls.
Old 2012-12-29, 15:13   Link #380
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well you got to consider Ise is barely a one year old Devil. Before Ise got turned into a Devil, he was public enemy 1 of all the females in his school. Ise's closest interaction with females is with video games, manga, and etc, nothing real in short for the majority of his life. Then he got a girl confess to him and turned out she played with his feeling and thought of him as the pathetic all pathetic beings. Heart torn off, punching a girl for the first time, and then readjusting with his life.
You know afterall he has been through you'd think they'd get poor Ise some counseling these events would leave anyone with emotional scars. On plus side though it gives him a real reason why his relationship with Rias and the other girls has been progressing so slowly rather then your typicial harem guy who is just to dumb to see what's infront of him.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen