AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-02, 08:38   Link #3781
Requiem-x
The slacking one

But how could you possibly best future sight, warmth magnet and wireless climaxing? Ritz has a high hurdle to beat this time, and set by herself, no less
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 22:14   Link #3782
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Guys... I have a question so please hear me out... I've been following this thread since time immemorial... okay, it wasn't that long ago but it had been years now... but as far as I can remember this topic hasn't been discussed before... or maybe it had been but I'm too lazy to check...

First off, I had reread the manga a few days ago concerning the captain battle for the quarterfinal up to before the semifinal begins in the main manga... after that I had some time so I re-watched some episodes of Saki season 1... then something hit me... it's about Kiyosumi's four schools combined training camp... now, anybody figured out where I'm getting at? this got to be a very big issue, right?

Here's some more... in achiga-hen, Harue told the achiga girls that during her time her team couldn't get a practice match even with elementary schoolers but the present rules state they can play anybody as long as they play with people who aren't National qualifiers like themselves... nobody in achiga girls entered the individuals so they're safe to challenge any team that didn't win the prefectural tournament regardless if such team has a member or members who qualified for the individuals...

Now, in the main manga... when Esui and Miyamori lost in the quarterfinal, remember how they ended up going to the beach together? But Coach Kumakura gave them a remainder that they can go together as long as those who will be playing in the individuals will play no games against each other...

Now, going back to Kiyosumi's four schools combined training camp... obviously, they had that after the team and individual prefectural tournament is over... Kiyosumi is Nagano's representative school for the Nationals... Saki and Nodoka are two out of three Nagano's representative individual players for the Nationals... then here comes Mihoko... Mihoko is one of the three Nagano's representative individual players for the Nationals... Mihoko is with the Kazekoshi team in that training camp... doesn't this put them in a very dangerous predicament? Okay, they are friends now and they can keep this under wraps.... but Fujita-pro was also there....

Well, they can still say that during the whole training camp that there wasn't a time that Mihoko ever played against either Saki or Nodoka but they have to prove it... well, Fujita-pro can back them up if ever that's the case... furthermore, that rule was never properly explained... does it apply to outside of school only players? does this mean Saki and Nodoka can't play with each other? Does this apply to outside of prefecture? if this rule applies to outside of prefecture then they're safe, right? Saki, Nodoka and Mihoko belong to Nagano then it's okay, right?

Yes, yes, these days I have a lot of free time... well, what do you guys think?
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 22:58   Link #3783
Fantasy-Magician

I think it applies to inside prefecture as well although I am not sure it applies for players that belongs in the same team... as it's going to get on the way practice I guess?
Fantasy-Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 23:06   Link #3784
King-Slayer

I think it does apply to only outside the school because we've seen Saki and Nodoka play a game together already. However I don't think outside of prefecture matters and it would be against the rules if Mihoko played against Saki or Nodoka anytime prior to the national tournament. As for proof I would say that people would have to take the participating schools and Fujita's word for it.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 03:02   Link #3785
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Well, they can still say that during the whole training camp that there wasn't a time that Mihoko ever played against either Saki or Nodoka but they have to prove it... well, Fujita-pro can back them up if ever that's the case... furthermore, that rule was never properly explained... does it apply to outside of school only players? does this mean Saki and Nodoka can't play with each other? Does this apply to outside of prefecture? if this rule applies to outside of prefecture then they're safe, right? Saki, Nodoka and Mihoko belong to Nagano then it's okay, right?

Yes, yes, these days I have a lot of free time... well, what do you guys think?
From what I understand, individual qualifiers can play each other if they're in the same school but not if they're in different schools. Which means Saki and Nodoka could play each other but Saki / Nodoka could not play Mihoko. There's plenty of players at the camp anyway. It's easy enough to prevent Saki / Nodoka from playing Mihoko.
Old 2013-08-03, 04:17   Link #3786
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy-Magician View Post
I think it applies to inside prefecture as well although I am not sure it applies for players that belongs in the same team... as it's going to get on the way practice I guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
I think it does apply to only outside the school because we've seen Saki and Nodoka play a game together already. However I don't think outside of prefecture matters and it would be against the rules if Mihoko played against Saki or Nodoka anytime prior to the national tournament. As for proof I would say that people would have to take the participating schools and Fujita's word for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
From what I understand, individual qualifiers can play each other if they're in the same school but not if they're in different schools. Which means Saki and Nodoka could play each other but Saki / Nodoka could not play Mihoko. There's plenty of players at the camp anyway. It's easy enough to prevent Saki / Nodoka from playing Mihoko.

Well, it seems that most people agree in a few things and I guess it will be safe to assume the extent of rule as follows:

- An individual qualifier can only play with another individual qualifier as long as they belong to the same school.
- An individual qualifier can play with any individual outside of school as long as said individual is not a prefectural representative for the National Individual Tournament.
- An individual qualifier who is also a member of a team representing their school in the National Team Tournament is prohibited to play with any individual outside of school who is a member of a team representing a school in the National Team Tournament regardless of the said individual is an individual qualifier or not.

With the said rules, the number of people that Saki and Nodoka can have a good practice game with are quite limited... well, they can play with pros if they have the funds and connections to do so...

Come to think of it, Himematsu can call up a number of pros if not mistaken to be their practice buddies... good for them... well, they'll need it if you ask me...
Old 2013-08-03, 13:08   Link #3787
Fantasy-Magician

Completely unrelated but do you think there's a possibility that Shinohayu's other main character, the mystery girl is actually Akasaka Ikuno (Himematsu's interim coach?
Old 2013-08-03, 13:22   Link #3788
King-Slayer

Quote:
Completely unrelated but do you think there's a possibility that Shinohayu's other main character, the mystery girl is actually Akasaka Ikuno (Himematsu's interim coach?
I hope not. I'm not a fan of Ikuno at all. Definitely want someone new rather than her.
Old 2013-08-03, 20:59   Link #3789
Fantasy-Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
I hope not. I'm not a fan of Ikuno at all. Definitely want someone new rather than her.
I don't want it to be her either... but if we're not looking at a completely new character, and she has been compared with Akado in one occasion... there's a chance it's her. Since they all know her ne?
Old 2013-08-03, 21:25   Link #3790
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I don't want it to be her either... but if we're not looking at a completely new character, and she has been compared with Akado in one occasion... there's a chance it's her. Since they all know her ne?
The closed eyes, carefree types like her aren't really main character material. Besides, most pros in the series seem to know each other or at least heard of each other.

I don't mind Ikuno, by the way. I wonder if she played dress up with her classmates too.
Old 2013-08-03, 22:51   Link #3791
Sol Falling

Yeah, I don't mind Ikuno either, though I agree that it's unlikely she's the 'one other' girl. I do want to get her backstory at some point 'cause the way Kubo and Fujita reacted to her is still pretty funny.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:41   Link #3792
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Could the mysterious girl be Zenno~san? The one that one mention of her name makes Kyouko blush... It was mentioned she had health issues and she collapsed during the spring tournament... maybe that's the reason she couldn't make it to their little reunion...

Well, it could be Ikuno... maybe whenever she opens her eyes she becomes another person... what do you think?
Old 2013-08-04, 02:14   Link #3793
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Could the mysterious girl be Zenno~san? The one that one mention of her name makes Kyouko blush... It was mentioned she had health issues and she collapsed during the spring tournament... maybe that's the reason she couldn't make it to their little reunion...
Unless she dyed her hair, I don't think it is her, but between her and Ikuno, I'd have picked the latter, since I'm also curious why the pros/coaches are avoiding her.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 03:51   Link #3794
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Unless she dyed her hair, I don't think it is her, but between her and Ikuno, I'd have picked the latter, since I'm also curious why the pros/coaches are avoiding her.

You got a point... you wouldn't invite someone you're trying to avoid...
Old 2013-08-04, 04:30   Link #3795
Fantasy-Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
So far just Fujita and Kubo shown avoiding and labelled her as troublesome person... dunno the rest of pro and coach avoid her or not.
Old 2013-08-05, 05:54   Link #3796
yuu-nee

Why saki manga has not been released? Is'n it released at 2 august? #sorry for the english

Last edited by yuu-nee; 2013-08-05 at 06:55.
yuu-nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 07:38   Link #3797
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
So far just Fujita and Kubo shown avoiding and labelled her as troublesome person... dunno the rest of pro and coach avoid her or not.
"Troublesome" could really mean anything, though in this situation, it probably means she's so offbeat or quirky, either in personality, playstyle or both, that the before mentioned pros find it annoying (while Kyoko finds it admirable), and since we're talking about the woman who wants to take Koromo home, that's saying something.
Old 2013-08-05, 16:52   Link #3798
King-Slayer

Chapters out. Glad Usuzan's getting a win but i'm very curious as to how Hao is going to play this round. Last match was said to be defensive so I wonder if that will be the case with her this round as well.
Old 2013-08-05, 17:43   Link #3799
Sol Falling

Hahaha wut. That was the first time I felt moe over a player's actual way of playing mahjong. Impressive chapter.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 19:05   Link #3800
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Hrm. Given Usuzan's comments, Hao probably was close to or in tenpai for an 8000 point hand but chose not to disrupt Chikako's hand. She also played a tile that Mako couldn't call on (also by design?) to disrupt Chikako as well.

Also Yuan -- *Asia* tournament... You know, the continent you live on? 'Wherever'... Haha.

And yeah, curious as to how Hao will play. She seems suspiciously quiet at the moment.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri