2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-01, 13:35   Link #461
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
What, you not see the Talgeese Flag? Or the Talgeese 3 flag?

Go to the random image thread and FIND THEM!
(I'm just too lazy to dig up the links I have to them.)
LOL...right you are, but I mean that the Wing Zero is a super flag in that it's an MS that transforms into a fighter jet!
Old 2008-03-01, 15:14   Link #462
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak
Have you been watching the same show? The power blocs haven't managed to crush CB interventions even when they knew where and when they were going to be.

Moralia and the PMC come to mind. The best that mass force has done is pinning down gundams by using 200 to 1 odds. And that failed because there were 3 more units than they knew about [and another thirty in antartica]. The various factions seemed to consider that an all out action. From the evidence the forces involved there wouldn't be sufficient to pin down 10 GN-X's.
The reason the AEU lost at Moralia was because they underestimated the Gundams, surrendered the initiative, and allowed themselves to be defeated in detail. In the Gobi, the allied forces would have destroyed the first four Gundams if they hadn't been trying to capture them.

On actionable intelligence on Celestial Being's base of operations, a power bloc would be able to assemble a half-dozen divisions and utterly crush it, along with any defenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak
If i'm right about that a GN-X squadron is a strategic weapon. For the simple reason it can defeat in short order the entire conventional [that is non GN equiped] MS forces available to one of the alliances. Leaving their alliance's MS's with no opposition.

Not all strategic weapons are WMDs.
while there are plenty of conventional strategic weapons, they are thusly named because they can impact a war on a strategic level. So far, the only thing that we've seen the Gundams do is to shoot up relatively small bases, so they hardly seem to qualify as strategic weapons. There are certainly no signs that the GN-Xs are unstoppable.
Old 2008-03-01, 15:23   Link #463
Morgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Any vehicle that can accelerate at a sustained rate of greater than 1g can technically reach escape velocity.

Where is it stated in the show that they can do this? The fact that the Gundams seem to have a top speed indicates they can't sustain their acceleration.
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 15:32   Link #464
4Tran

Not really. For aircraft, the top speed differs depending on altitude as well. The higher the altitude, the thinner the air, and the higher the attainable speed. The limitation here is that jet engines require air to operate, so they tend to function worse at high altitude as well.

The Gundams don't use air-breathing engines, so the latter isn't of issue. Thus, what limits their speed is the maximum thrust of their engines, and air resistance. Under this circumstance, the only limit to range, altitude and speed is going to be the amount of energy available (effectively limitless for Gundams), and the amount of propellant they have. Gundams can travel to other continents relatively easily, with nary a word about propellant limits, so it's safe to assume that this isn't much of an issue either.

By the way, in space, there's no such thing as a maximum speed to begin with; it's just a matter of thrust to mass ratio.
Old 2008-03-01, 15:44   Link #465
Morgun

True, I guess they could just levitate upwards until they're out of the atmosphere and then get up to orbital speed.
Old 2008-03-02, 01:52   Link #466
Lendial

i wish mike gutted wang alive. i hate her more with every passing ep.

as for mike and his relationship with neena. does anyone else think he has more than just brotherly love? he always seems to want to cut men open just because neena said she thought they were cute.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 07:14   Link #467
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgun View Post
Where is it stated in the show that they can do this? The fact that the Gundams seem to have a top speed indicates they can't sustain their acceleration.
Acceleration does not mean maximum speed.

Acceleration is the change in the rate of speed over time. For example, Two cars can have the same top speed and yet one car going naught to 60 in a second has faster acceleration than the other car going 0 to 60 in under 3 minutes. THAT is acceleration 101.

Thus that the Gundams have a maximum speed only means that there is a limit to how much speed they can attain, not how fast they can get to that speed.

Quote:
True, I guess they could just levitate upwards until they're out of the atmosphere and then get up to orbital speed.
The constant pull of gravity means that unless you have enough speed and acceleration equalling that or greater than 1G you can't ever escape through the Earth's gravitational pull. It's called Escape Velocity, and it's essential for anything that wants to leave the Earth. It's like saying a balloon can go into outer space if you leave it long enough, since it's obviously going up on its own with nothing to stop it: it just doesn't happen.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 07:54   Link #468
Morgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The constant pull of gravity means that unless you have enough speed and acceleration equalling that or greater than 1G you can't ever escape through the Earth's gravitational pull. It's called Escape Velocity, and it's essential for anything that wants to leave the Earth. It's like saying a balloon can go into outer space if you leave it long enough, since it's obviously going up on its own with nothing to stop it: it just doesn't happen.
I realize that. I originally only considered them getting up to escape velocity quickly in the atmosphere, which the show indicates they can't do. I didn't really think about them rising up out of the atmosphere to get rid of drag and then slowly getting up to speed. That is certainly possible for them. But being up beyond the atmosphere and only initially moving around mach 2 or so would present dangers for the Gundams if they were spotted. The difference in relative velocities between the Gundams and other orbiting MS would leave the Gundams vulnerable due to the large amount of kinetic energy that would be imparted to the projectiles fired from the orbiting MS's guns.
Old 2008-03-02, 08:14   Link #469
SuperiorX

Louise Harvey and Laguna Harvey are they related or em i getting Louises surname wrong, it would be that her owns family is responsible for their own deaths and they defently seemed loaded with cash as that weding didnt look cheap.
SuperiorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 08:37   Link #470
Terra

Louise's surname is Halevy.
Old 2008-03-02, 10:15   Link #471
4Tran

Quote:
I realize that. I originally only considered them getting up to escape velocity quickly in the atmosphere, which the show indicates they can't do. I didn't really think about them rising up out of the atmosphere to get rid of drag and then slowly getting up to speed. That is certainly possible for them. But being up beyond the atmosphere and only initially moving around mach 2 or so would present dangers for the Gundams if they were spotted. The difference in relative velocities between the Gundams and other orbiting MS would leave the Gundams vulnerable due to the large amount of kinetic energy that would be imparted to the projectiles fired from the orbiting MS's guns.
For whatever strange reason, the power blocs have consistently been portrayed as being unable to track the Gundams at all. And even the few times where they managed to do so, they've been too incompetent to do anything about it.
Old 2008-03-02, 14:13   Link #472
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
For whatever strange reason, the power blocs have consistently been portrayed as being unable to track the Gundams at all. And even the few times where they managed to do so, they've been too incompetent to do anything about it.
GN particles seem to do everything including physically hiding objects, disrupting communications, and blacking out radar detection.

As for why the gundams don't go back into space on their own, perhaps it's for security reasons since any random patrol might be able to see a bubble of green attempting to get into space.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 15:14   Link #473
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
GN particles seem to do everything including physically hiding objects, disrupting communications, and blacking out radar detection.
In a way, the latter two attributes are precisely the way they can be detected. It isn't all that hard to see areas where radar and other communications are being disrupted. Alternatively, the powers can simply deploy non-radar forms of detection (admittedly, all other Gundam governments have been too idiotic to do this as well).

Quote:
As for why the gundams don't go back into space on their own, perhaps it's for security reasons since any random patrol might be able to see a bubble of green attempting to get into space.
The problem is that the Gundams' flight patterns haven't made any effort to avoid detection.
Old 2008-03-02, 18:22   Link #474
FireChick

I saw this episode a few hours ago. I noticed something. I don't know if this was mentioned before but was it me, or did Tieria refer to himself as "boku"?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:43   Link #475
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
It's hard to seek revenge for someone you just barely known because you met him/her two or three times... Not to mention Setsuna doesn't even know what happened to Louise and Kinue.
But unless if he meet them again in the later episode, Probably hope so.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-03-02 at 19:23. Reason: it's hard to understand to me....
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:47   Link #476
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
In a way, the latter two attributes are precisely the way they can be detected. It isn't all that hard to see areas where radar and other communications are being disrupted. Alternatively, the powers can simply deploy non-radar forms of detection (admittedly, all other Gundam governments have been too idiotic to do this as well).

The problem is that the Gundams' flight patterns haven't made any effort to avoid detection.
Yeah like how the HRL was able to discover the position of the Ptomaios in space. Well for the radar part, I meant that they aren't showing up as blips on radar. Communication jamming wise, it would only work in areas where there are communications to jam, such as when the HRL purposely deployed detection nodes randomly in their space. Hmmmah, they should be able to be seen through heat signatures though.

And yeah, I forgot about Exia flying next to an airplane
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 22:14   Link #477
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Cool

Quote:

And yeah, I forgot about Exia flying next to an airplane
And no one saw him coming... BwahahHAahAHhaahA! I love how the GN-X pwned the Thrones!