AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-03, 10:29   Link #1041
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We will see how these two parallel groups series go. Remember Azusa's group only has one year od High School left, so Ui, Azusa, and Jun will be doing all those tests and college entrance exams like the first group did. Sumire, if she joins, may not have quite the attachment that Azusa had with Yui's group, so that reaction might not be in place. Also I don't know if Sumire will be the only new member of the Light Music Club...because unless she gets potental future members during this one year, she will be alone next year and probably not gained a large enough fanbase to continue the series at the high school level (propetual manga...same settting, new students).

Yui, Mio, Ritsu, and Mugi have a much larger field to play in since they are in college, which is generally a four year institution, but can go on longer depending on majors and if one goes for other degrees. Also on how many units you take...five years is not uncommon. What remains to be seen is not only what happens in that Light Music Club (lots of members it seems), but also were Ui, Jun, and especially Azusa decide to go for college. Will they all try to follow Yui and Mio, or will they go their seperate ways and have the manga just follow the original group after Azusa finishes high school?

(Ui will probably want to follow her sister. Jun might try to follow Mio, and Azusa's personality seems to not want to be left alone.)
Old 2011-05-03, 20:30   Link #1042
kitten320

Eeeeehhhh?! Manga is back on track?! 0_0 I didn't know about that!

I really like those 2 chapters, hope Ritsu will keep her hair down and wonder how things will develop.

P.S. Ui sure was clingy, makes you think that she wanted to snuggle Azusa for a long time now
Old 2011-05-04, 02:27   Link #1043
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

good lord. i think i'm in love with Sumire already. how so??

she's like a 4-in-1. she looks like the love child of mugi and himeko (OMG. i'm a fan of these two)and she makes tea like mugi; she's shy like mio-chuan; and albeit still uncertain, she prolly knows how to play drums like Ritsu!! (yes, shy girls that plays the drums are HNNNGGHH-worthy! and it seems like she's a bit of an air-head too like yui!! 5-in-1. LOLOLOL.

0__0 what a package character. i'm sold! damn, i want to see her anime version. XDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post

Saitou Sumire -->> Mugi's butler is named Saitou too (dunno whether that is family name or not)
i think you're right. sumire must be related to Mugi's butler. XDD why she's trying to steal the tea sets (or the cabinet??!! LOL. yeah, air-head ftw!) could prolly be, someone from the tsumugi mansion wants them retrieved?

whattahell. i'm so moe moe kyun'd already by sumire. <<<<333

Quote:

I'm imagining what if she's Mugi's "pair"? well, something like Azu-Yui and Mio-Ritsu. although Mugi could pair very well with anyone
THIS. =))
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 04:16   Link #1044
Sparvid
*hic*

I'm intrigued by A) her attempt to steal the entire cupboard by herself, and B) her immediate admittance of her intentions.

I wonder how Kakifly will pace this school year. A quick lookback reveals that the first year took up around 14 chapters, the second 20, and the third 23. Hopefully there's no need to rush, especially since there are two separate storylines.
Old 2011-05-04, 04:23   Link #1045
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
I'm intrigued by A) her attempt to steal the entire cupboard by herself, and B) her immediate admittance of her intentions.
Perhaps she doesn't know how to lie??(is that it?!) <<3 but it's a cute personality.
Old 2011-05-04, 05:14   Link #1046
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
i think you're right. sumire must be related to Mugi's butler. XDD why she's trying to steal the tea sets (or the cabinet??!! LOL. yeah, air-head ftw!) could prolly be, someone from the tsumugi mansion wants them retrieved?
Well, I'm sure that my speculation is wrong though
"Saitou" in Sumire's name is family name, but I think that "Saitou" in Mugi's butler is his given name (Butlers aren't called by their family name, right?).

Well, about the cupboard stealing, that's why I thought she would fill Yui's role (the airhead). Her situation also resembled Yui when she was joining the Keionbu (not to mention that Azusa, Ui, and Jun already resembled Mio, Mugi, and Ritsu as the first members).

I believe that she'll most likely join the club.... I mean, there's no way they would waste her tea-serving ability and that ability is unlikely given to a just-passing-by character, don't you think?
Old 2011-05-04, 05:32   Link #1047
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
"Saitou" in Sumire's name is family name, but I think that "Saitou" in Mugi's butler is his given name (Butlers aren't called by their family name, right?).
hmm.. i have no idea. but i think butlers can be called by their last names.*shrugs* we'll see though if she's related to the butler. which i hope yes, because it would mean she knows mugi. <3

Quote:
Well, about the cupboard stealing, that's why I thought she would fill Yui's role (the airhead). Her situation also resembled Yui when she was joining the Keionbu (not to mention that Azusa, Ui, and Jun already resembled Mio, Mugi, and Ritsu as the first members).

I believe that she'll most likely join the club.... I mean, there's no way they would waste her tea-serving ability and that ability is unlikely given to a just-passing-by character, don't you think?

yes. and her character is note-worthy. =)))) and it would be a waste if an utterly adorable NC wouldn't join eh??

<3 i look forward to more sumire. <3
Old 2011-05-04, 05:36   Link #1048
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I have a feeling that Kyoani will cameo these new characters in the upcoming K-On! movie.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 05:52   Link #1049
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Show us Yui-chan and Ui-chan's cute mommy too!!
Old 2011-05-04, 06:13   Link #1050
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

I'm imagining what if she's Mugi's "pair"? well, something like Azu-Yui and Mio-Ritsu. although Mugi could pair very well with anyone

That would be , but I imagine Mugi acts differently at home and doesn't let loose like she does around the gang; she might treat Sumire very nicely, but doesn't glomp her every chance she gets...()

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
0__0 what a package character. i'm sold! damn, i want to see her anime version. XDD

Yeah, I want a season 3 now!! *throws tantrum on floor*

Quote:

No, too late. I like the idea too much already.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 12:21   Link #1051
Goggen

Why is Jun talking about playing guitar all of a sudden? She's the bassist! Plus, there is a guitarist already! Hopefully, she was just joking and nothing will come of it.

I like how the correspondence between Yui and Azusa is used to (kind of) tie the two chapters together. Nice touch, Kakifly.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 14:00   Link #1052
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
I wonder how Kakifly will pace this school year. A quick lookback reveals that the first year took up around 14 chapters, the second 20, and the third 23.
That tallies with my own guess that it'll take at least 24 chapters of material before there's enough to animate a new season. The results probably won't be good if they did it with only 12 chapters and worse, a 2-cour season.
If Kyoto does animate another season of K-On, it will truly be the series with the most material animated by the company.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 18:47   Link #1053
kitten320

I don't think we will see a new anime for a year or two... since it will take time to get some material from manga first.

But we might get some hints from the movie.

But it would be really cool if they did make the 3rd season
Old 2011-05-04, 23:00   Link #1054
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I think it will be a year after the movie we see any announcement of season 3.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 23:00   Link #1055
PervertDutchman

Send a message via Yahoo to PervertDutchman
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't think we will see a new anime for a year or two... since it will take time to get some material from manga first.

But we might get some hints from the movie.

But it would be really cool if they did make the 3rd season
Talking about the newest manga, do you think this Sumire girl would replace Mugi? I mean, I heard there's a lot of people liked her already~

And if there's really gonna be season 3...Im just gonna hoping they didn't put any boys in it lack of being so yuri-ish

Quote:
I was kinda thinking Mugi had something with Sawako...but then...Sawako might be too old for her~ -Lol-

♫~ I don't need memories
Because I'm strongly, deeply in love with the now
Being flooded with memories is a sweet, adult-like luxury
And yet... I wanna refrain from it a bit longer ~♫

Quote!
"No Rice, No Life"

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic145227_1.gif

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-05-04 at 23:03. Reason: The "EDIT" button is your friend...
PervertDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 12:39   Link #1056
bokchoy

What if...Sumire became the keionbu's personal maid? That would save us from having to choose between like three or four different groups of characters xD and save us from having the series drag on too long...I don't like waiting for things to come out

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

bokchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 22:40   Link #1057
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Why is Jun talking about playing guitar all of a sudden? She's the bassist! Plus, there is a guitarist already! Hopefully, she was just joking and nothing will come of it.

I like how the correspondence between Yui and Azusa is used to (kind of) tie the two chapters together. Nice touch, Kakifly.
Aye, it makes little sense... Jun is a major fangirl for bassist Mio, something terrible would have to happen for her to drop bass for guitar. I've not seen the strips in question and I wonder if there's a translation issue on implicit meaning of what she says.
Old 2011-05-06, 01:06   Link #1058
shinkage-
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, it makes little sense... Jun is a major fangirl for bassist Mio, something terrible would have to happen for her to drop bass for guitar. I've not seen the strips in question and I wonder if there's a translation issue on implicit meaning of what she says.
No translation issues. She literally says "I (am on) guitar!" nothing implicit about it:

I don't think she's being too serious (teasing Azusa maybe?).
shinkage- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 01:24   Link #1059
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Did the manga ever mention what Jun played before, or was that only in the anime?
Old 2011-05-06, 02:25   Link #1060
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Did the manga ever mention what Jun played before, or was that only in the anime?
I believe that it was mentioned that Jun played the bass in the manga as well...
Yup, around volume 4, chapter 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinkage- View Post
I don't think she's being too serious (teasing Azusa maybe?).
That would be the most logical explanation, Jun does have the tendency to tease Azusa a few times.

Last edited by blaze0041; 2011-05-06 at 03:19.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life