AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-21, 19:10   Link #1861
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
They showed it during the Anime Festival Asia (AFA) last november at Suntec City. I did watch it there, although I regretted it because the venue was horrible (horrible seating, lighting, sound... You get the drift). The week after that it had a one week airing at Sinema@Old School at Mount Sophia (Near Plaza Singapura) I watched it there as well, not being satisfied with my first viewing at the AFA.

It's totally understandable that you didn't know about it, I don't think it was publicized very well. I myself got to know of it from Koizumi here who posts all the juicy Disappearance related news
Well, right now it's June/Akane (from 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) but much appreciated all the same.

Today was the last showing at Warner Mycal Cinemas Fukuoka's one week revival of the movie, and the last scheduled screening in Japan that I can find. With next month's screening at the Glascow Film Theatre, that brings the total to 168 theatres (that I know of) who have shown the Haruhi movie over the past year. As soon as we finish that showing with none more scheduled, I'll have a final country count. If you're curious, the link in my sig will take you to my list of all the theatres where it's been shown. I've not found any information on the showings in Ekaterinburg or Voronezh (in Russia), so if anyone has screening dates, I would appreciate it.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-02-22, 03:21   Link #1862
ClannadDango
A novice to anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Wait, they screened the movie in your locale? Why can't the tiny red dot I live in have such awesome things?
Sorry to the late post but for me they were screening it at the Viz Theater in San Francisco last May and again on Dec 18, I missed both screenings. D:
Old 2011-03-24, 20:23   Link #1863
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

So Bandai has announced their schedule through June (excluding May, likely because they have no releases that month) and Disappearance still hasn't shown up. I guess Spring 2011 was kind of wishful thinking on their part, unless May is just not finalized for some reason.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2011-04-01, 17:11   Link #1864
VentAileron

Haven't seen this being mentioned yet.

Apparently, there's a screening in Dublin this May. For the people interested, here's ANN's article.
Old 2011-04-04, 08:18   Link #1865
leungw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
So Bandai has announced their schedule through June (excluding May, likely because they have no releases that month) and Disappearance still hasn't shown up. I guess Spring 2011 was kind of wishful thinking on their part, unless May is just not finalized for some reason.
I couldn't wait any longer and bought a copy of the official Blu-ray release from Hong Kong. Watched it last night and the English sub was actually excellent.
Old 2011-04-14, 14:46   Link #1866
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

I follow Crispin Freeman on Twitter and one of his tweets was a nice surprise.

Quote:
Guess what Anime movie I'm dubbing today? http://ow.ly/i/amXt
So theyre now just starting the dubbing? I figured they already did, but that explains the movie not on Bandi's schedual for a spring release. Duh.

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2011-04-14, 21:16   Link #1867
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Yeah, Bandai's FB page mentioned it on Tuesday. Reignited my anger that it's not already out like they had originally announced. So many things get delayed in the anime industry that it's kind of tiresome at this point.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2011-04-19, 09:59   Link #1868
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

I'm starting to think that the movie is going to come out June/July. More of Crispin Freeman tweets are talking about dubbing Disappearance. I'm sure that the Summer schedual of Bandai's releases will have Haruhi on that list.

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2011-04-19, 16:41   Link #1869
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
I'm starting to think that the movie is going to come out June/July. More of Crispin Freeman tweets are talking about dubbing Disappearance. I'm sure that the Summer schedual of Bandai's releases will have Haruhi on that list.
Well, the UK release is in July. I doubt Bandai will be later than that.
Old 2011-04-26, 14:24   Link #1870
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Bandai has put on its Facebook page that Disappearance is coming out in the U.S this summer. Wouldn't it be something if they actually did release it on July 7th?

Certainly a happy coincidence and tangentially related to the movie. Whatever the case, I want to hear a definitive release date so I can plan and budget accordingly.
Old 2011-04-27, 17:54   Link #1871
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

http://twitter.com/#!/crispinfreeman...63475027660800

They dubbed this rather quickly, didn't they? I hope the quality of the voice acting didn't falter. :/

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2011-04-28, 19:46   Link #1872
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

It's been what a couple weeks, so if they were doing some long sessions I imagine that it'd be about time to be done. What's more surprising (or maybe just saddening) is that I saw Bandai's July schedule and Disappearance isn't on it.

Old 2011-05-01, 01:14   Link #1873
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
It's been what a couple weeks, so if they were doing some long sessions I imagine that it'd be about time to be done. What's more surprising (or maybe just saddening) is that I saw Bandai's July schedule and Disappearance isn't on it.
It could be that Bandai didn't want to set a July date until they were sure they could release it on time(since Season 2 was delayed a month IIRC).

One thing is for sure, the moment I can pre-order it, I will. It will go very nicely with the novel that it's from and the Autumn and Winter Illustration book that I just picked up in New York City.

I am also eager to hear Michelle Ruff do Yuki with emotion, Kari Wahlgren show us a more serious side to Tsuruya and I am really want to hear Crispin Freeman voice Kyon's inner thoughts as this story progresses.
Old 2011-05-01, 02:13   Link #1874
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

The internal monologue is gonna be awesome.
Old 2011-05-01, 02:28   Link #1875
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Have we heard Crispin Freeman's version of Kyon's speech to get out of the Endless Eight yet? If so that might give us a clue what it will sound like. Fortunately he's pretty good as pulling off these sorts of things.
Old 2011-05-03, 10:35   Link #1876
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Have we heard Crispin Freeman's version of Kyon's speech to get out of the Endless Eight yet? If so that might give us a clue what it will sound like. Fortunately he's pretty good as pulling off these sorts of things.
It sounded pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaSLM2wHvSk

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2011-05-03, 10:40   Link #1877
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Scene still cracks me up in English, so it works. Also the overdramatic triumphant hero music still sells it at the end.
Old 2011-06-03, 10:28   Link #1878
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
The dub of the movie is scheduled be shown at 4PM on Friday July 1st at Anime Expo. The movie will be introduced by Crispin Freeman.

The UK release has been pushed back to October 3rd. There is still no release date for the NA release, but details have come out that the release will have a DVD with the extras from Bandai's panel at Anime North last week.

Also, in promotional information for the latest novels, Kadokawa has stated that the movie earned 850 million yen in theatres. Given that there is a home release in Japan, it's highly doubtful that number will change.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-06-18, 01:10   Link #1879
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...-expo-schedule

Lucky LA people. I wonder if anybody here is going to go to Bandai's panel on July 2nd and ask when they actually are going to release Disappearance in North America.

I envy those Californians who will get the opportunity to see the premiere of the English dub on July 1st. I like on the other side of the country so yeah...
Old 2011-06-18, 10:31   Link #1880
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Since they're premiering the dub, I imagine they would finally give us an official release date. At least I hope so...

Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen