AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 219
091 - 100: Amazing... 6 21.43%
081 - 090: Great... 5 17.86%
071 - 080: Very Good... 4 14.29%
061 - 070: Good... 9 32.14%
051 - 060: Average... 1 3.57%
041 - 050: Below Average... 1 3.57%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Tortuous... 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-07-08, 12:31   Link #21
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I love the "day in the life in Konoha" vibe we got from this episode. Just a fun episode focusing on Kakashi and the village dealing with the Kage Summit aftermath. The Gai/Kakashi stuff was funny and endearing. I thought it was cute the way Karin hung on to Kakashi.

The anime added some interesting things.

Shikamaru thinking about what Naruto said. Since he is close to Naruto, it made sense for him to be effected by what Naruto said more than the others. The manga just dropped it.

I can't remember if Tenten punched the wood in the manga. But it was funny to see fiery Tenten. Unleash her on Sasuke! Ino and Hinata didn't say anything while the men did all the talking. So way to go Tenten.

Sakura being nice to Naruto. Again, I can't remember if that was in the manga.

Weird that Shikaku would not want to be Hokage because he wants to retire. He is only around 40. Kage is usually an older person's job.

The ending was awful though. Worst one in Shippuden.
Old 2011-07-08, 16:25   Link #22
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

The ED reminds me of Gurren Lagann. Flawless episode.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 17:31   Link #23
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Fun episode, happy that we're still on track in terms of the story.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 18:14   Link #24
janipani

Team of drunken animators made this, i am quite sure. Awful!

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 18:17   Link #25
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I can't remember if Tenten punched the wood in the manga. But it was funny to see fiery Tenten. Unleash her on Sasuke! Ino and Hinata didn't say anything while the men did all the talking. So way to go Tenten.
That's because Tenten, cannonly, never does anything; So it's at least some sort of justice that she's the first to pipe up against Naruto's request (Even if you take into context that anyone below Naruto would die anyway, since the fight between Naruto and Sasuke is their destiny )...Go, under-appreciated and ignored sideline characters!

Such a light-hearted episode, just like 217, it's always great to smile for a Shippuden episode when they generally take themselves seriously...It's good that they fill in a lot of character reactions that would have been previously established but were ignored in the manga...Kakashi and Gai's rivalry certainly is eternal, and Shikamaru would have the most afterthoughts on Naruto's plan...

And really cool of them to throw the "Gehika" OSTII track in this episode for the race...Seeing how I've been Shippuden music savvy only just recently, have they ever used that track in the show?

Honest surprise, when Gai was asking where Kakashi got those kitchen accessories at the beginning of the race, I was thinking "Hammerspace", seeing how Kakashi obviously didn't have those on him at any point prior to that...When Kakashi responded he got it from the pile of scraps at the beginning of the race, it almost sounded logical enough to invert/subvert the hammerspace trick; Then they toss an entire kitchen's worth of accessories at each other out of nowhere and play it straight... :P

And it looks like Karin can be cute, not including any previous pre-Danzo death Sasuke fangirlism, since that was just rabid...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 19:59   Link #26
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
And really cool of them to throw the "Gehika" OSTII track in this episode for the race...Seeing how I've been Shippuden music savvy only just recently, have they ever used that track in the show?
Which one is Gehika? The track that was used at the beginning of the race was used for the first time on episode 107, and never used again until now I think. The track that played at the end of the race was only used twice before, in episode 86 and episode 164.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 23:31   Link #27
Fran~
floating away...

I laugh with Gai every time, he is there for comic relief and he is doing it right...
BTW, it's the same VA or did they changed him?.... and... is there some new music??...

I think that i need to go to the Doctor
Old 2011-07-08, 23:33   Link #28
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
And it looks like Karin can be cute, not including any previous pre-Danzo death Sasuke fangirlism, since that was just rabid...
*converted to karinism*
Old 2011-07-11, 18:02   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd say poor Kakashi, but not like he wanted the job anyways. It really sucks for the carving guy since he has been so hyped up about making a face and he's got nothing. Might as well get started on figuring Naruto out since he'll be next up. Funny how Kakashi's official appointment was stopped by a debate about numbers .

Good on Tenten for being the first to voice her opinion. God knows her character has only vanished further into the background as the series has gone on. Might as well have her complain.
Old 2011-07-12, 03:17   Link #30
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'd say poor Kakashi, but not like he wanted the job anyways. It really sucks for the carving guy since he has been so hyped up about making a face and he's got nothing. Might as well get started on figuring Naruto out since he'll be next up. Funny how Kakashi's official appointment was stopped by a debate about numbers .

Good on Tenten for being the first to voice her opinion. God knows her character has only vanished further into the background as the series has gone on. Might as well have her complain.
Alas it's the fate of all women in Naruto, Sakura is just a glorified extra in a BL series
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 06:41   Link #31
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's as if the anime team directed her voice actress to express the emotion similar to the lines of "Do I still matter, dammit?!"
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 15:44   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Alas it's the fate of all women in Naruto, Sakura is just a glorified extra in a BL series
Yeah you are probably right there. The last few episodes have been doing a good job of hammering that home really .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
It's as if the anime team directed her voice actress to express the emotion similar to the lines of "Do I still matter, dammit?!"
I'm sure it wasn't too hard. When was the last time her character had any lines ?
Old 2011-07-15, 03:10   Link #33
Kallen4life

will there be 220 this week ?

Part 1 had 220 episodes btw, no ? ^^
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 07:59   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
will there be 220 this week ?

^^
As I said in the OP, there is no episode this week. There will be an episode next week, then 2 episodes the following week.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion