AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-08-08, 13:12   Link #4621
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Damn, that cute family snapshot just sold me on nendos (assuming money, etc). Great shot!

I love figures but they're just too damned expensive and difficult to obtain these days, maybe I'll start a nendo collection instead
Old 2012-08-08, 16:22   Link #4622
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
Damn, that cute family snapshot just sold me on nendos (assuming money, etc). Great shot!

I love figures but they're just too damned expensive and difficult to obtain these days, maybe I'll start a nendo collection instead
Nendos are pretty expensive nowadays too, factoring in exchange rate and cheapest shipping, each Nendo will run you about $50 still.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 22:04   Link #4623
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Nendos are pretty expensive nowadays too, factoring in exchange rate and cheapest shipping, each Nendo will run you about $50 still.
Not if you scalp them from Mandarake. 1500-2500 each, and SAL shipping is like 700-900ish. It's not hard to find them unopened boxes at those prices, either. They say "box damage" quite often, but I've yet to see a single box with any discernible mark, dent or tear.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 22:11   Link #4624
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The real problem with Nendo is that GSC pretty much realize how many potential customers they can make with these, so they make a lot of them. The direct result is that you might go bankrupt if there are nendo of various series you like, even more so if these are exclusive, which lead to complicated stunts to get them.
Whereas Scale figures can be a deterrent due to many reasons (unit price, size, generally 1 pose), if you aren't really cautious, you might have a nendo collection going out of hand...
Old 2012-08-08, 22:34   Link #4625
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
if you aren't really cautious, you might have a nendo collection going out of hand...
Tell me about it. I started out with just Remmy and Flan. It spread from there. That lot pictured, plus the four BRS girls (which granted, were very cheap) and another seven or eight on order.
Old 2012-08-09, 01:19   Link #4626
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes, try not to collect Nendo just to complete the collection, if you really want, just get those characters you really like.

I have nearly 100 Nendoroids, but I've stopped my entire collection since a while ago.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 01:44   Link #4627
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yuyu-sama

Old 2012-08-09, 06:22   Link #4628
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
O_o Yamato is making a PVC of this GK:

I really like this one but was kinda disappointed to know that it was just a garage kit last year. Now I'll make sure to have this on my order
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 14:11   Link #4629
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Thanks for the tip. Guess I'll just be enjoying the pics here for awhile then

But I wish the nendos weren't so damned CUTE! God, that group photo was to die for

I guess if I had to "go nendo" I'd probably try for a set of Carnival Phantasm characters since its humor lends itself well to tiny figures. Someday...

EDIT: OMG... no... there're too many hot figures I'd be needing to spend any $$ on instead :-P

Last edited by Ahasuerus; 2012-08-09 at 14:14. Reason: Edit after seeing shots above o.O
Ahasuerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 18:41   Link #4630
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... I got my "garage kit"... will open it up and give it a review later tonight. <some trepidation>
Old 2012-08-10, 19:05   Link #4631
Xion Valkyrie

Anyone get anything from Chara-Ani before? How's their quality?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 06:22   Link #4632
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

And she's home.

My main heroine, the prized blue sapphire of my collection arrived today!

Pardon the rather grainy photos:
Images
still in the box
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Her hair really is darker than the prototype as others on MFC have mentioned, but this will not affect my appreciation in any way.

TL;DR…

I got her today on the very day of her seiyuu's birthday, and I shall be opening her box 3 days later, in time for my own birthday.
Old 2012-08-16, 15:46   Link #4633
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well... I got my "garage kit"... will open it up and give it a review later tonight. <some trepidation>
Talking about 'garage kits'

been a while since we saw any of GameraBaenre's work in here
always liked his build/project pics
Old 2012-08-16, 17:29   Link #4634
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Random snap with my new lens. Was just first trial shot with it since she happened to be level with my tripod height at the time.
Old 2012-08-17, 06:45   Link #4635
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Random snap with my new lens. Was just first trial shot with it since she happened to be level with my tripod height at the time.
Nice shot. I wish I could do the same kind of snapshots with my Kanade. Now if only I had a proper camera, too.
Old 2012-08-17, 09:44   Link #4636
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Just what camera are you using?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 18:43   Link #4637
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Just what camera are you using?
Pentax K-r. I'm not a cool kid with a Canon or Nikon that most seem to be using these days.
Old 2012-08-17, 23:24   Link #4638
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Pentax K-r. I'm not a cool kid with a Canon or Nikon that most seem to be using these days.
"cool" or not, it is a jump above the average pocket camera
Old 2012-08-18, 00:38   Link #4639
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
"cool" or not, it is a jump above the average pocket camera
I like Pentax for many reasons. It was a concious choice to take the K-r over the Canon 550D or Nikon 3100 (the big two entry level SLRs at the time of my purchase). Sixty years worth of lenses available, and just better ergonomics, felt a lot better in my hands (plus was a little cheaper).

It is an SLR camera, which is clearly a step above phones or pocket cameras, yes. But with the prices DSLRs are falling to these days, there's no reason people shouldn't get one if they want to take better photos. I reached the limits that my compact P&S was capable of, and wanted something more flexible. For only a little more money than high end P&S, I could get an SLR, which then gave me the ability to swap lenses for different shooting conditions, so I went that route.

Now my K-r is EoL (no longer being manufactured; new upgraded model due soon) big stores are clearing their stocks, eg; http://www.walmart.com/ip/Your-Choic...ndingMethod=rr

Great value for a "real" camera system. And as I said, many hundreds of lenses spanning some sixty years available for it. The second hand market is strong, so it's easy to find well loved old lenses at bargain prices.

Anyway, a bit off topic. But I did get my camera primarily for shooting figures. Though I get pictures of my animals, and have dabbled with macro, now experimenting with astrophotography. But still mostly figure shooting.
Old 2012-08-18, 03:24   Link #4640
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
And she's home.

My main heroine, the prized blue sapphire of my collection arrived today!

Pardon the rather grainy photos:
Images
still in the box
Oh.. she's so cute!!!!

*huhuhuhu
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote