AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-12, 00:35   Link #841
II Maestro

Chitoge realize her feelings towards Raku now but won't admit it, While Kosaki is taking the lead & Marika as a gag in the manga.

Hope Raku & Kosaki will play Romeo & Juliet to the end, So that Kosaki can get closer to Raku(GO KOSAKI-CHAN!).
Old 2012-10-12, 02:09   Link #842
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

No no no Raku... at times like this, you should've just said what a man should do when they got into fight with his woman : "Sorry, I was wrong"

jokes aside... I really can see that Chitoge will replace Kosaki in later chapters for some reasons

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 02:19   Link #843
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

There's a chance for character development for the rest of the heroines, if they are to get potential closure on their feelings for Raku, especially if he decides on a girl eventually.

Another common play for them to choose huh; not at all surprised with the Romeo and Juliet development ending with Raku and Kosaki together.

What will Chitoge do now, now that she's pushed him away?
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 02:35   Link #844
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What's more important is, what will Tsugumi and Marika do? So much for competition, it's been down to Kosaki and Chitoge for the last 10 chapters or so.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 04:57   Link #845
blade82

the mangaka completly throw out the plot with the pendant and the key
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 05:03   Link #846
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
the mangaka completly throw out the plot with the pendant and the key
Whenever it finally gets repaired we'll know we'll be close to a conclusion.
Old 2012-10-12, 07:05   Link #847
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
why'd you guys think this series is ending? Afaik it's stable in the middle positions, so it should be an A Ok for the time being. Ch ~100 seems easily achievable. Besides, we didn't have like ~10 clichés that i could think of from the top of my head that will still occur
Well, yeah, there is still have valentine day and white day to use.

As fro Raku, he didn't realize that he in love with Chitoge? He thinks that he loves Onodera when his heart disagrees. Raku in this chapter look totally not comfortable at all without Chitoge presence.

As for Onodera, I pity her. Most likely she will get dumped on the half-way again...
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:06   Link #848
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

^ and people will screaming f*ck this shit!
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:19   Link #849
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Meh...the problem with the author aiming so hard for Raku x Chitoge from the get go just takes away any and all possible suspense and drama out of the equation for me.
To me it's already set in stone that Raku x Chitoge is the final pairing so anything that happens in between is just a wasted attempt at drama. This is what happens when an author pushes so damn hard for a certain pairing since the beginning...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:24   Link #850
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I dunno about the series going for much longer...

We've gone from "stupid beansprout!" (status quo) to "I'm an idiot." (heroine realizes her feelings) within like 3 chapters. I may be wrong but to me this romantic development seems very fast paced compared to the chapters before.

80-100 chapters total? Doubling the existing number now? That'd probably mean at least 35 more chapters of the protagonist being oblivious of any of the girls' feelings (yay ). It would also mean Chitoge's development coming to an abrupt halt and the establishment of another status quo, which to me seems like an awkward way of writing character development into the plot.

Last edited by Waven; 2012-10-12 at 07:53.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 08:34   Link #851
Dorsai

Randrak42 but thats how love usually work, doesnt it? Its not ....... contest to pleasure audience or shippers waiting to get sth to troll on forums...

Waven Chitoge feelings for him started to develop almost from begining... In last 3 chapters she realized her own feelings, but thats normal for tsundere, isnt it?

Quote:
As for Onodera, I pity her. Most likely she will get dumped on the half-way again...
Its only her damn fault... She got plenty of chances to got him and failed miserable... She was even afraid to make one, tiny step forward... And what was that in chapter 44? She skipped all steps and tried sth on higher level, really pathetic...

Quote:
No no no Raku... at times like this, you should've just said what a man should do when they got into fight with his woman : "Sorry, I was wrong"
But that time he really was wrong ;p
Old 2012-10-12, 11:42   Link #852
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Randrak42 but thats how love usually work, doesnt it? Its not ....... contest to pleasure audience or shippers waiting to get sth to troll on forums...

Waven Chitoge feelings for him started to develop almost from begining... In last 3 chapters she realized her own feelings, but thats normal for tsundere, isnt it?

Its only her damn fault... She got plenty of chances to got him and failed miserable... She was even afraid to make one, tiny step forward... And what was that in chapter 44? She skipped all steps and tried sth on higher level, really pathetic...

But that time he really was wrong ;p
will you kiss me?
*snore snore*
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 12:30   Link #853
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
We're talking about a manga...a story meant to entertain audiences, not a real life person's personal love affair.

I'm all for setting up a couple from the get go, but not how this author has done it. Here we have a harem like scenario with various girls but only one of them is truly being set up to be the end girl and it is practically shoved in our faces. Matching up a couple from the start doesn't work so well in harem series, VNs included. God, I can't tell you how annoying it is in VNs when the makers keep pushing one pairing in your face when you just want to go through a different route.

Setting up a final couple from the start can work well. A good recent example of a couple being set up from the start was Magico, though the manga ended prematurely (IMHO) the whole relationship between Shion and Emma was great and when a love rival for either one appeared the readers did feel the relationship being threatened.

An example of a certain pairing being set up from the beginning but them only getting together later on is Change 123 (I chose this mostly because I re-read the whole series recently) where you knew that Kosukegawa and Motoko set up from the start but for a few chapters you actually feel threatened when Mokoto has a crush on another guy and when another chick shows up later on and hits on the MC you actually feel that it could create good drama (and it did).

Here...there's no feeling of threat in the whole thing because while it is a harem Chitoge gets so much more screen-time and development it's ridiculous, nothing can happen with another girl without Chitoge either being around or her having something happen right after of the same level. Think Rosario+Vampire...TsukuneXMoka is shoved in our faces so much that the rest of the harem is just there for the lols (and fighting later on) there's never any threat to the relationship.

It would have been much, much better IMHO had the author distributed character development and screen-time amongst the girls while dropping only subtle hints that Chitoge was ahead. Weird as it may sound, To-Love-Ru did this rather well. It was a pure comedy harem manga, Lala was believed to be the final girl for a while at the start but as things went on we had other girls get as much screen-time and development as her, if not more at times. Before Darkness, it was still in the back of most people's minds that Lala would be the final girl but the mix of comedy and other girls being in the picture (and by being in the picture I mean getting center stage WITHOUT Lala showing up or getting further ahead right after) kept things fresh...hell plenty of times did I think "He could actually end up with her instead of Lala."...this became even better in Darkness.

So yes, it's not about how love works...it's about how you tell the story.
Old 2012-10-12, 13:50   Link #854
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

The fokus of this manga was never really about the harem anyway.
There are harem mangas like To-Love-Ru and harem mangas like Love Hina. Nisekoi was since the beginning like Love Hina. It was never question of who he ends up because it was already clear. The question was and still is the how.

TLR and Nisekoi have only one thing in common and that is that a couple of girls like the hero and i'm glad that it is not more.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 14:40   Link #855
Dorsai

This manga is more like love triangle then harem... Mari came to play late and... I didnt saw even subtle sign that Raku is interested in her for sth more then just friend. Developing this relationship would me meaningless...

Randrak42 but in this manga it would be impossible to do. Its not like Kimi where influence of Eba on Haruto was that big then even if Haruto would date Nanami seriously then it would still not work out for them and Haruto would end up with Eba in the end...

In this manga just one little step from Raku or Kosaki and it would be END OF STORY... Just one little conversation, few worlds that she is interesting in him or he in her and they would enp up together... Now ofc its too late for it, Raku is in love wirh Chitoge, but earlier any kind of development between Kosaki and Raku would end this manga... Author cannot make any steps here, because love between them was already on stone. What did you expect? Ofc author could just write more scenes with just only two of them, but it would change nothing. Because it will be same cliche situations and status quo between them will still last.

In most manga with characters in situation like Raku and Kosaki one of them or both isnt still sure about their feelings. But in Nisekoi both of them from begining of manga knew what are their feelings... Thats why any kind of development between them means end of manga...
Old 2012-10-12, 15:39   Link #856
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
The fokus of this manga was never really about the harem anyway.
There are harem mangas like To-Love-Ru and harem mangas like Love Hina. Nisekoi was since the beginning like Love Hina. It was never question of who he ends up because it was already clear. The question was and still is the how.

TLR and Nisekoi have only one thing in common and that is that a couple of girls like the hero and i'm glad that it is not more.
True, in a way this manga is a lot like Love Hina if you consider the pairing, however even in Love Hina there were moments where I believed he maybe wasn't going to end up with Naru.
Yes, from the beginning the author made Naru the main girl and the most obvious choice for final girl...but then again Keitaro didn't come into the story already in love with another girl, he came in as a blank slate (as opposed to TLR). Raku came in already in love with someone else, however the author barely played with it seriously...none of the situations with Kosaki so far have pushed me into thinking that he could actually end up with her and this is wasted potential.

The story doesn't need huge drama, it can stay comical and shounen but also play with Raku x Kosaki a bit more...make the readers think, even for a second, that she has a chance. This would greatly improve on the story and make more people interested in it.
I know a lot of people that have dropped this manga saying something along the line "Chitoge's already the clear winner and no girl is a threat, what's left is cliche shounen humor."
I rather like cliche shounen humor sometimes which is why I stuck around, not because I have any interest in the romance anymore.

Quote:
This manga is more like love triangle then harem... Mari came to play late and... I didnt saw even subtle sign that Raku is interested in her for sth more then just friend. Developing this relationship would me meaningless...

Randrak42 but in this manga it would be impossible to do. Its not like Kimi where influence of Eba on Haruto was that big then even if Haruto would date Nanami seriously then it would still not work out for them and Haruto would end up with Eba in the end...

In this manga just one little step from Raku or Kosaki and it would be END OF STORY... Just one little conversation, few worlds that she is interesting in him or he in her and they would enp up together... Now ofc its too late for it, Raku is in love wirh Chitoge, but earlier any kind of development between Kosaki and Raku would end this manga... Author cannot make any steps here, because love between them was already on stone. What did you expect? Ofc author could just write more scenes with just only two of them, but it would change nothing. Because it will be same cliche situations and status quo between them will still last.

In most manga with characters in situation like Raku and Kosaki one of them or both isnt still sure about their feelings. But in Nisekoi both of them from begining of manga knew what are their feelings... Thats why any kind of development between them means end of manga...
Where are people getting this odd notion that if two characters start dating it's suddenly the end of the series? What? If Raku and Kosaki start dating would Chitoge and the others just vanish? Hell, Raku and Chitoge are already supposedly dating and even that doesn't make girls try to go for him...why would it be any different with Kosaki?

If Raku and Kosaki started dating but he still had some lingering feelings for Chitoge it would actually make for an interesting plot...
And cliche situations? Like we don't have plenty...almost too many of those already? This manga and manga like this one are build on cliche situations...it only thing it's missing is more stereotypical clumsy MC tripping over girls and ending up in awkward positions.

As for it being a Love-Triangle and not a harem manga...no it is a harem manga, just because other girls come in later doesn't take away the fact that it has become a harem manga. If the only two characters with feelings for Raku were Kosaki and Chitoge and the other girls were not interested/interested in someone else then yes, this would be a plain love-triangle but not here.
Old 2012-10-12, 16:03   Link #857
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
True, in a way this manga is a lot like Love Hina if you consider the pairing, however even in Love Hina there were moments where I believed he maybe wasn't going to end up with Naru.
Yes, from the beginning the author made Naru the main girl and the most obvious choice for final girl...but then again Keitaro didn't come into the story already in love with another girl, he came in as a blank slate (as opposed to TLR). Raku came in already in love with someone else, however the author barely played with it seriously...none of the situations with Kosaki so far have pushed me into thinking that he could actually end up with her and this is wasted potential.

The story doesn't need huge drama, it can stay comical and shounen but also play with Raku x Kosaki a bit more...make the readers think, even for a second, that she has a chance. This would greatly improve on the story and make more people interested in it.
I know a lot of people that have dropped this manga saying something along the line "Chitoge's already the clear winner and no girl is a threat, what's left is cliche shounen humor."
I rather like cliche shounen humor sometimes which is why I stuck around, not because I have any interest in the romance anymore.
I can only speak for myself but i don't see anything wrong with how it is going. And i know also alot people that are reading this because it is entertaining.
I have nothing against cliché-ridden storries as long they can entertain me and that is clearly the case with this manga.

This was never meant to be like one of those stories where people need to guess with who the protagonist will end up.
From the beginning it was clear for me that it will be an Chitoge end. Rakus crush on Onodera was just something to not let him hook up with Chitoges too fast and it was somthing he will overcome after he realized which girl he really liked.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 16:19   Link #858
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
We're talking about a manga...a story meant to entertain audiences
And you don't need suspense/uncertainty about who the end girl is to entertain audiences.

Saying this can't be entertaining is like saying a "howdecatchthem" detective story can't be entertaining because you know from the start who the criminal is.
Old 2012-10-13, 07:18   Link #859
Dorsai

Randrak42 but Chitoge and Raku arent dating for real. And Kosaki already know that fact. And between them there wasnt any feelings in begining. If Kosaki and Raku would date in begining of series then it would be impossible for any girl to interrupt. because it was mutual feeling... Thats why it would be end of series...

Yes Raku and Kosaki dating would make sense- but only now when Raku develop feelings for Chitoge and Chitoge knew whats her real feelings are... It would be interesting... But we are talking here about past, not about current situation!! Earlier relationship between Raku and Kosaki would mean end of series...

Not others girls, but only one girl- Mari... Its 3 girls in total... In end you can call it love triangle manga which change into harem... But its harem manga only in name... If you look only at chemistry between characters and feelings development between them then this manga is love triangle... Serious plot happen only between Kosaki- Raku- Chitoge...
Old 2012-10-13, 08:12   Link #860
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I can only speak for myself but i don't see anything wrong with how it is going. And i know also alot people that are reading this because it is entertaining.
I have nothing against cliché-ridden storries as long they can entertain me and that is clearly the case with this manga.

This was never meant to be like one of those stories where people need to guess with who the protagonist will end up.
From the beginning it was clear for me that it will be an Chitoge end. Rakus crush on Onodera was just something to not let him hook up with Chitoges too fast and it was somthing he will overcome after he realized which girl he really liked.
I don't think people are getting what I'm saying...
I never said it couldn't be obvious that Chitoge was the final girl...I'm just saying that it would have been better for the story (for me at least) if the author focused on the other girls a bit more and made us doubt that fact at least once.
To me the romance side of this RomCom series has become incredibly boring, I'm really just here for the Comedy side by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
And you don't need suspense/uncertainty about who the end girl is to entertain audiences.

Saying this can't be entertaining is like saying a "howdecatchthem" detective story can't be entertaining because you know from the start who the criminal is.
I rather enjoy howcatchem stories when done right. In this regard the problem isn't that we know who the "final girl" is, it's how the author has been telling the romance side of the plot...it may very well be just me but I find it lacking.

Quote:
Randrak42 but Chitoge and Raku arent dating for real. And Kosaki already know that fact. And between them there wasnt any feelings in begining. If Kosaki and Raku would date in begining of series then it would be impossible for any girl to interrupt. because it was mutual feeling... Thats why it would be end of series...

Yes Raku and Kosaki dating would make sense- but only now when Raku develop feelings for Chitoge and Chitoge knew whats her real feelings are... It would be interesting... But we are talking here about past, not about current situation!! Earlier relationship between Raku and Kosaki would mean end of series...

Not others girls, but only one girl- Mari... Its 3 girls in total... In end you can call it love triangle manga which change into harem... But its harem manga only in name... If you look only at chemistry between characters and feelings development between them then this manga is love triangle... Serious plot happen only between Kosaki- Raku- Chitoge...
I was never talking about them dating in the beginning of the series, I dunno where you got that idea. But then again, if they started dating early on in the plot it could have actually made for a fun plot...
Raku and Chitoge being a pretend couple to keep a war from happening and all the while Raku was dating Kosaki for real. The time Raku spent with Chitoge pretending to date could easily allow for feelings to develop between the two making Raku torn between his two loves...add comedy and done well and it wouldn't even have to be that serious to be played out well.
Just because two characters are dating doesn't mean Raku couldn't start to develop feelings for another girl, especially in the situation they were in.
Tell you the truth now that I think about it, I much rather the story had developed like that than as it did. But hey, it could still happen so here's to me hoping for it.

You're forgetting Tsugumi, that's four girls with a romantic interest in the MC.
It doesn't matter if there's only any real development between two or three characters, it still is a Harem.
Love Hina doesn't stop being a harem just because Naru and Keitaro's relationship develops more than the others.
Ai Kora doesn't stop being a harem just because Sakurako and Hachibei's relationship is the only one with real development.
TLR doesn't stop being a harem just because Lala and Rito get most of the relationship development (and then Rito, Yami and Momo in Darkness).
HSDK doesn't stop being a harem just because Miu and Kenichi are the only ones with any real romantic development.
Rosario+Vampire doesn't stop being a harem just because Moka and Tsukune are the only ones with any mutual romantic interest.
Highschool DxD doesn't stop being a harem just because only Rias and Issei's relationship gets any real focus.
And so on...then again we're just arguing about a little technicality...

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life