AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-10-30, 12:54   Link #4241
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
my god.... steal bankai just for that no for never because steal is no interest because quincy is strong when no steal bankai Kubo....... -v-
If I read and understood right, they needed to steal the Bankai to unlock that monstruous power.
Old 2013-10-30, 15:23   Link #4242
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
If I read and understood right, they needed to steal the Bankai to unlock that monstruous power.
1. The number of Vollständig "cross pillars" at the end of 554 is too many.
a) "Cross pillars": 7
b) Stolen Bankai: 6 4 (Hitsugaya, Soi Fong, Byakuya, Komamura, Sasakibe, Yamamoto)

2. Kirge failed to steal Ichigo's Bankai but still went Vollständig.

3. Two Quincy who never attempted to steal a Bankai still went Vollständig.
a) Bambietta's reluctant subordinate (this battle)
b) unnamed Sternritter who fought and injured Kyouraku (last battle)

So...no. Might have made more sense if that were the case, though.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 16:39   Link #4243
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
.......only to be revived by whatever Hikifune gave Ichigo, I bet.
Food with a phone inside to call Orihime with? Wait he doesn't need that, next he'll develop powers to telepathically talk with people!

TBH, Bleach Ball Z is something I'm ok with
Old 2013-10-30, 17:02   Link #4244
BlueCosmos

Quote:
i thought the same thing as you. in order to get stronger they needed there bank stolen back or some crap like that. A AIZEN as was part of my plan moment. i hope it goes this way and we get an explanation.
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 17:04   Link #4245
BlueCosmos

and i doubt any one will get revived. why would ichigo ask for urahara to fight to the bitter end if any one has the chance of coming back to life.
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 17:37   Link #4246
theshow_luffy

since when was ichigo so cocky lol nd this reminds me of dbz the long staircase thts leads to a fight his friends are losing.
theshow_luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 19:17   Link #4247
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Are Bambietta's subordinates even relevant to the story? Kubo pops out so many new characters that end up being useless by the arc's end.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 21:39   Link #4248
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
3. Two Quincy who never attempted to steal a Bankai still went Vollständig.
a) Bambietta's reluctant subordinate (this battle)
b) unnamed Sternritter who fought and injured Kyouraku (last battle)

So...no. Might have made more sense if that were the case, though.
One of Bambietta's subordinates said "I resonated with the others", so even though themselves don't require a Bankai to use Vollständig, just sycronizing with their leader should be enough.

About Kirge... I don't think that could be considered a true Vollstandig. Really, he becomes some sort of deformed creature iirc, which doesn't seem to be Bambietta's case.
Old 2013-10-31, 03:46   Link #4249
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
TBH, Bleach Ball Z is something I'm ok with
me too. it's probably the most similar dbz knockoff of all the current series. and i dont mean that in a bad way. it rocks. it's just about badass guys and hot girls which is cool. the story used to be good, but it's really always been a second fiddle to the action anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
Are Bambietta's subordinates even relevant to the story? Kubo pops out so many new characters that end up being useless by the arc's end.
as relevant as the espadas' fraccions
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 10:32   Link #4250
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Oh Lord, I seriously don't expect Bambi's group to stick around

If Bach or Bambi control them, then I suspect that sooner or later, one or the other's going to get pissed at them.

The little one should fight Yachiru or Nel though, just for shits and giggles.
Old 2013-10-31, 12:39   Link #4251
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
About Kirge... I don't think that could be considered a true Vollstandig. Really, he becomes some sort of deformed creature iirc, which doesn't seem to be Bambietta's case.
Go back to chapter 490. It's just Kirge with a Quincy-star halo and wings, like Bambietta now, and like the unnamed shootist (for a panel or two) back in 497.

I can see where you might think so, though. Kirge doesn't exactly look normal to begin with, and he really looks freaky once he absorbs the Arrancars' spirit particles (after he goes Vollständig). The only real difference from Bambietta is that his eyes look weird, but they didn't at first, so that might change for Bambietta.

EDIT: I'll give you the unnamed shootist that took out Kyouraku's eye. Looking back again, he only popped a halo and wings for a page or so (although he did invoke an angelic name, like Kirge, and I suspect the other Vollständig Quincies will as well), long enough to get a burst of speed, so that probably shouldn't count as a full Vollständig, but there's more than enough evidence to suggest that a stolen Bankai is not required to unleash Vollständig.

Not least of which are the two separate translations I've read of the last chapter that make it clear Bambietta was saying the Bankai was interfering with her ability to use Vollständig:

"We weren't able to use this. One of the drawbacks of having stolen the Bankai."

"I couldn't use this. When I had the Bankai it was getting in the way."

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-10-31 at 13:48.
Old 2013-10-31, 13:46   Link #4252
Hunter6VI6
AVC818

I forget, but did they explain why Kirge wasn't poisoned by Allon(or however it's spelled) when he absorbed him?
Old 2013-10-31, 13:51   Link #4253
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter6VI6 View Post
I forget, but did they explain why Kirge wasn't poisoned by Allon(or however it's spelled) when he absorbed him?
They haven't mentioned it in the manga, but someone on the forum suggested that when Kirge took the particles the way he did, they lost their "Hollowness", and that makes more sense to me than a lot of the weird rationalizations for stuff that doesn't make sense in Bleach, so I figured it might as well be true.

Most likely, the whole "stolen Bankai" thing is probably something Kubo came up with at the last second, so its resolution was similarly ass-pulled.

EDIT: Separate question, for any German speakers out there. I've noticed two different spellings for Vollständig. The one with the umlaut, which I just used (as well as the same spelling without the umlaut, which is probably just people not bothering/caring/noticing to type it), and one spelled Vollstaendig. I took a bit of German in high school, so I'm familiar with "ss" and "ß" being used interchangeably; is "ä" and "ae" the same sort of thing?

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-10-31 at 14:07.
Old 2013-10-31, 15:34   Link #4254
Deathscyther

Ichigo is looking pretty cool there. It'll probaby take him only 20 chapters to reach SS...Have Renji and Rukia gone down already? Also, I wonder what Ichibei meant when he said that Ichigo's repertoire has gotten stronger? Does that mean that Ichigo has learned to fight in another way than just spamming slashes and Getsuga Tenshō? Can I expect some Kidō?

Quote:
Separate question, for any German speakers out there. I've noticed two different spellings for Vollständig. The one with the umlaut, which I just used (as well as the same spelling without the umlaut, which is probably just people not bothering/caring/noticing to type it), and one spelled Vollstaendig. I took a bit of German in high school, so I'm familiar with "ss" and "ß" being used interchangeably; is "ä" and "ae" the same sort of thing?
As far as I know Vollständig is the right way to write it.

The letter "Ä" was originally an "A" with a lowercase "e" on top, which was later stylized to two dots in Germany. So basically "ä" is the modern way to write "ae" in Germany. I'm not sure if 'ae' is wrong though. I've never seen anyone use "ae" during German class.
I've read that some languages that do not have the letter 'Ä' as part of the regular alphabet often use 'Ae' instead of 'Ä' though. The Danish/Norwegian languages seem to use 'Æ' instead of 'Ä'.

But since we're talking about the Quincy here, I'd use the German spelling and write it as "Vollständig".
Old 2013-10-31, 16:37   Link #4255
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter6VI6 View Post
Kubologic.

Count me in on the 'When's Renji and Rukia and Nii going to show up?' though a part of me is dreading the inevitable beatdown those three will probably get...

Though I'm more curious to where the nakama is at since Urahara's with Mayuri. Are Tessai and Yoruichi down there with them? Nel's trustworthy but Grimmjow might be 'fuck them Imma gonna mess them up'. I hope Kubo keeps them out as lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng as possible, because I really don't feel like seeing Sado and Orihime get beatdown for the 100000000th time...
Old 2013-10-31, 19:42   Link #4256
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Don't worry Soul Society. Sado is going to save everybody.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 00:13   Link #4257
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

steal bankai is not used to use their monstrous power, because I think Juha just think "if unfortunately not by" the Shinigami found a means to resume their bankai they need a solution needed succor... its all

and so it is even more stupid from kubo because it was just that using this power and kill his shinigami would have been quick and easy and is time Ichigo come and fights to avenge the friends SERIOUSLY injured or dead

in short, all that just to to give power hollow to captains for fanservice I can imagine all the baka-fangirls of Toshiro when they saw their dear have to mask Hollow

hooo yeah its troll sorry I go here
Old 2013-11-01, 00:59   Link #4258
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Don't worry Soul Society. Sado is going to save everybody.
Isn't he looking for the Dragonballs right now?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 13:43   Link #4259
Hunter6VI6
AVC818

Quote:
They haven't mentioned it in the manga, but someone on the forum suggested that when Kirge took the particles the way he did, they lost their "Hollowness", and that makes more sense to me than a lot of the weird rationalizations for stuff that doesn't make sense in Bleach, so I figured it might as well be true.

Most likely, the whole "stolen Bankai" thing is probably something Kubo came up with at the last second, so its resolution was similarly ass-pulled...
Ah thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Kubologic.
I guess that's what it comes down to, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Isn't he looking for the Dragonballs right now?
Was just about to say something along those lines when I got your post.

Anyway, I do wanna know what's going on with Rukia and company so hopefully we get some of that.

Heaven forbid, Kubo gives us a whole chapter of Ichigo running down those stairs.
Old 2013-11-01, 15:44   Link #4260
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
As far as I know Vollständig is the right way to write it.

The letter "Ä" was originally an "A" with a lowercase "e" on top, which was later stylized to two dots in Germany. So basically "ä" is the modern way to write "ae" in Germany. I'm not sure if 'ae' is wrong though. I've never seen anyone use "ae" during German class.
I've read that some languages that do not have the letter 'Ä' as part of the regular alphabet often use 'Ae' instead of 'Ä' though. The Danish/Norwegian languages seem to use 'Æ' instead of 'Ä'.

But since we're talking about the Quincy here, I'd use the German spelling and write it as "Vollständig".
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Yes.
Writing "ae" instead of "ä" is a kind of makeshift if the character isn't part of the charset.
Thanks for the clarification. That's what I thought.

Tags
bleach, chapter