AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who would win in 1v1?
Itachi 9 24.32%
Jiriaya 20 54.05%
not sure 8 21.62%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-12, 13:33   Link #1
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Jiraiya vs Itachi ? who would be victorious ?

I wasn't for sure if this thread has been posted yet or not, but I figured if it hasn't it ought to be. From what I have been reading and hearing this is one of the big discussions being throwin about.

Now to get on to topic. I strongly believe that Itachi could defeat Jiriaya in an intense battle. Itachi and Kizame have a converstation aluding to the fact that Itachi could infact take Jiriaya. Not to mention Jiriaya and oro are just about on par and oro is afraid of Itachi.
Old 2004-09-12, 13:46   Link #2
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nub.Itachi
I wasn't for sure if this thread has been posted yet or not, but I figured if it hasn't it ought to be. From what I have been reading and hearing this is one of the big discussions being throwin about.

Now to get on to topic. I strongly believe that Itachi could defeat Jiriaya in an intense battle. Itachi and Kizame have a converstation aluding to the fact that Itachi could infact take Jiriaya. Not to mention Jiriaya and oro are just about on par and oro is afraid of Itachi.

Trust me, it has been posted a lot of times.
Old 2004-09-12, 13:51   Link #3
Arti

Quote:

Actually the conversation alluded to Itachi not being able to take Jiraiya. Nice try though.
Old 2004-09-12, 13:52   Link #4
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

oh.. alright lol.. i wasn't sure and i wanted to see what ppl had to say about it cause i missed the other times i guess heh... i just started on these forums yesterday so i was sorta excited to debate about this topic XD
Old 2004-09-12, 13:53   Link #5
Timpen

If I recall correctly Jiraiya and Oro was equal when Jiraiya was still influenced by drugs?
Old 2004-09-12, 13:55   Link #6
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Oro owned Jiraiya without arms when Jiraiya could still use jutsu but was drugged.

And Itachi would own both Jiraiya and Orochimaru.
Old 2004-09-12, 13:59   Link #7
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Quote:
Actually the conversation alluded to Itachi not being able to take Jiraiya. Nice try though.
Actually if you will take some time look at the anime again and read it closely the conversation goes something like this

Kisame - "Perhaps you can fight him evenly", "but I can not", "he is too strong"
Itachi- "Yes if we both faught him... we would both be killed","or in a good case we would kill him, but we would die along with him.", "even if we had more men the result would not change"
Kisame - "His caretaker is a legendary sannin"

if you think they are talking about jiriaya at the begining of the converstation you need help because naruto isnt a sannin and i have watched 3 different traslations and they all are pretty close. they are afraid of naruto and his kyubi not of jiriaya k thnx.
Old 2004-09-12, 14:19   Link #8
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Actually if you will take some time look at the anime again and read it closely the conversation goes something like this

Kisame - "Perhaps you can fight him evenly", "but I can not", "he is too strong"
Itachi- "Yes if we both faught him... we would both be killed","or in a good case we would kill him, but we would die along with him.", "even if we had more men the result would not change"
Kisame - "His caretaker is a legendary sannin"

if you think they are talking about jiriaya at the begining of the converstation you need help because naruto isnt a sannin and i have watched 3 different traslations and they all are pretty close. they are afraid of naruto and his kyubi not of jiriaya k thnx.
Hm in the stongest ninja ever thread I already replied on your post.
They can kill Naruto in a flash..what makes you think they cannot? They just chop of his head as simple as that. Naruto is nothing versus them.

Kisame is merely confirming the horrible truth. -we cannot win- , -his caretaker is a legendary sannin-

besides... they talk -thanks for the quote- about "in a good case we can kill him but would both die" here is a newsflash , THEY WANT NARUTO ALIVE!

why would they talk about killing him if they need him alive?

trust me lad, it's about Jiraya
Old 2004-09-12, 14:35   Link #9
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Quote:
Hm in the stongest ninja ever thread I already replied on your post. They can kill Naruto in a flash..what makes you think they cannot? They just chop of his head as simple as that. Naruto is nothing versus them. Kisame is merely confirming the horrible truth. -we cannot win- , -his caretaker is a legendary sannin- besides... they talk -thanks for the quote- about "in a good case we can kill him but would both die" here is a newsflash , THEY WANT NARUTO ALIVE! why would they talk about killing him if they need him alive? trust me lad, it's about Jiraya
no you are very wrong, throughout the converstation that are talking about a SOMEONE they dont ever say a name then the last sentence kizame says is - his care taker is a legendary sannin - implying that the person they are talking about is being protected by the sannin, and about the whole they can chop off his head stuff, they overestimated him. they thought he was going to be alot more powerful then he actually was. they even say when they are retreating that they dont have to worrie about naruto in his current state. another quote from jiriaya says " he must not be of this world to be able to penetrate these walls" if you ask me i would says that statment IS indeed a sign of fear.
Old 2004-09-12, 14:40   Link #10
Zek
Eyebrows...

lol, I'm pretty sure Kisame and Itachi aren't afraid of Naruto. They were practically toying with him outside the hotel room. All Kisame has to do is swing his sword and all of Naruto's Kyuubi chakra is gone. Kisame was about to cut off his limbs, and you think Itachi couldn't handle him? They weren't even remotely concerned when he started calling chakra. It's obvious they were talking about Jiraiya earlier.
Old 2004-09-12, 14:44   Link #11
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
no you are very wrong, throughout the converstation that are talking about a SOMEONE they dont ever say a name then the last sentence kizame says is - his care taker is a legendary sannin - implying that the person they are talking about is being protected by the sannin, and about the whole they can chop off his head stuff, they overestimated him. they thought he was going to be alot more powerful then he actually was. they even say when they are retreating that they dont have to worrie about naruto in his current state. another quote from jiriaya says " he must not be of this world to be able to penetrate these walls" if you ask me i would says that statment IS indeed a sign of fear.
you are completely ignoring my last argument...

why do they talk about in a good case they kill "someone" if you will... If they are after naruto alive killing naruto is hardly a good case now is it?

ditto zek
Old 2004-09-12, 14:46   Link #12
dannylu88

Send a message via AIM to dannylu88
i dont recall very well but didnt kisame say something like.... the legendary sannin, the seven something of the hidden mist and something of the uchiha clan pales in comparison to his name ????

bad memory
Old 2004-09-12, 14:48   Link #13
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Read my post again silly.. they severly overestimated narutos potential.. its obvious that they didnt know enough about naruto to not be afraid of him. he has kyubi for god sakes, anyone would be a fool to fear that in naruto or not the kyubie would keep naruto going.
Old 2004-09-12, 14:49   Link #14
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylu88
i dont recall very well but didnt kisame say something like.... the legendary sannin, the seven something of the hidden mist and something of the uchiha clan pales in comparison to his name ????

bad memory
Indeed he did fumoffu man, indeed he did
Old 2004-09-12, 14:51   Link #15
dannylu88

Send a message via AIM to dannylu88
fumomomomoom
Old 2004-09-12, 14:54   Link #16
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

Quote:
you are completely ignoring my last argument... why do they talk about in a good case they kill "someone" if you will... If they are after naruto alive killing naruto is hardly a good case now is it? ditto zek
if they get killed whats the point in having him alive??? better to take him down wiht them.
Old 2004-09-12, 14:54   Link #17
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Read my post again silly.. they severly overestimated narutos potential.. its obvious that they didnt know enough about naruto to not be afraid of him. he has kyubi for god sakes, anyone would be a fool to fear that in naruto or not the kyubie would keep naruto going.
you think so badly of the Judgement of 2 Akatsuki member to conclude they overestimated him to the point where he can kill them both, even tho he is in a kid's body and they sure would know enough about seals to know he can't be a full fledged kyubi?

*edit*

Quote:
if they get killed whats the point in having him alive??? better to take him down wiht them.
ok...should I respond to that?
Old 2004-09-12, 15:08   Link #18
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

i know it sounds pretty bad, but im sure we can agree that itachi is selfcentered on his own power. if he cant utlize kyubi why would he want somone else to?
Old 2004-09-12, 15:11   Link #19
Divination

all jiraya has to do is the summoning technique, then squash.....The end
Old 2004-09-12, 15:18   Link #20
Nub.Itachi
Uchiha Opposition

if u dont remember he did use a summoning technique and then itachi just use great shining heaven and blew a whole right through it and escaped something that has NEVER been escaped before.

after that jiriaya said "he must not be of this world to be able to penatrate these walls" . sign of fear ????

Closed Thread