Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 10:17   Link #4181
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Well then, I don't think you can complain about other people getting the titles. They obviously put more time and effort into playing the game. If they have time to be racists and get realm first titles they are probably pretty good.
There's a difference between a guild that gets server firsts and is liked/respected and one which 99% of the server still wishes for them to re-transfer from the very moment they joined the server. There's plenty of very good players I know that simply have enough common sense and responsibilities to prevent them from playing that hardcore. That server first is going to mean little when those people are too poor to play anymore or when the game is no longer suppoered, because that will happen one day.

And yeah, I can complain. It's a basic human right. Try and stop me.
Old 2009-10-17, 10:23   Link #4182
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Well then, I don't think you can complain about other people getting the titles. They obviously put more time and effort into playing the game. If they have time to be racists and get realm first titles they are probably pretty good.
Exactly. The fact that there's also already so much you can get without a single ounce of effort makes it even more ridiculous to complain about something that rewards it.

"I want this"
"Then try to get it"
"No I don't feel like trying"

Come on.

Not to mention, it's pretty funny how people can attempt to justify how easy loot is to get now by saying "why do you care what someone else has?", and then when something appears that only someone else can get, turn right back around and start screaming "no, no, take that away, that is not fair!"

Edit: And just because you personally don't like a guild that will get it is no reason to take it away from other guilds that will. And, if that server first will mean nothing like you said in your last post, again , why do you care?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 10:31   Link #4183
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Not at all. I'm more than content with where I am at in-game. Play within reasonable limits and don't ruin IRL. The unique text next to one's name is purely e-peen. And come the next patch or expansion, it means little because the next race to everything available begins. There is no truly winning the game, because it changes that quickly. It all comes down to what one values. I didn't care about unique text when they started it back with the Shattered Sun (and I will always think anyone who wasted 1k gold for a few words next to their name is an idiot) and I still don't. I simply question whether the majority of the people who get those titles can actually tolerate fresh air and sunlight and how much they're ripping off the government for via welfare.
Old 2009-10-17, 10:46   Link #4184
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yeah, damn, the guild on my server that gets those titles clearly has no life raiding 3-4 nights a week after coming home from their normal 9-5 jobs. Clearly just mooching all their money off the government and they definitely don't ever even think of anything besides the game. You are living in a dream world if you seriously think everyone who tries harder or is just outright better than you does nothing but play the game, what a joke.

Oh, and:

Quote:
I didn't care about unique text when they started it back with the Shattered Sun (and I will always think anyone who wasted 1k gold for a few words next to their name is an idiot) and I still don't.
Quote:
The realm first on my server for the majority of this expansion goes to a guild who believes in white power and refuses to acknowledge the existence of any other people on the server. Do you think I want them to have it?!
These appear to kinda contradict each other, huh?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 11:46   Link #4185
Statonxyb
hrm

This expansion has been a shadow of Vanilla and BC WoW endgames. No longer required are these horrendous amounts of real-life-killing hours that some of you keep throwing out as a defense. Realm first Kel'Thuzad and Sartharion were jokes that took very little effort to accomplish so long as you had a raid group full of competent players and Malygos was not far behind (though I'll admit, he is more difficult than the other two).

There is no doubt that it'll take some time to clear through and kill Arthas, but it will not be in the same time frame as Vanilla Naxxramas, AQ40, Sunwell pre-3.0, which required a rather harsh backbreaking commitment to the game. There is still room for a healthy social life, in which many I know still retain despite raiding in one of the top guilds in the U.S.
Old 2009-10-17, 13:24   Link #4186
Xacual

The only realm first titles that have mattered this expansion are ToGC25 no wipe one, Yogg0, and Algalon. Rest were dumb.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:04   Link #4187
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

the problem of MMO always been the barriers to "get up there" with the big guys. The reason why WOW was able to run this long and still going is because they are willing to make it so everyone CAN get up there instead of like other MMO like FFXI where just trying to keep at where you reach to is something like walking bare foot into a river of lava

I think the future of WOW is going to be how to make the game so that even people with ADHD can focus the game.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:33   Link #4188
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
It's always the same people that get the realm first titles. I don't see why they would remain. They get the loot first, they get the fame first, they get the achievement first.
We were consistently second horde-side until we got a good recruiting spree. That plus the weakening of a couple other guilds allowed us to get server firsts so it's not like anything is ever set in stone.

And why worry about what other people are getting? If you really want it bad enough, take the necessary steps to do it instead of complaining. It's like me saying I wish I could get the Relentless Gladiator title and whining about it's the usual people who get it and that pvp is unbalanced and then never doing a lick of pvp.

As far as raiding schedule goes, there are some progression guilds that can do 4 nights a week at most and still get server firsts. As it is now, our guild is doing 2-3 night raid week clears, including Ulduar.
Old 2009-10-18, 06:20   Link #4189
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Perhaps I went a little too far. But don't ever expect me to respect or care about elitists. As for those comments, they don't contradict each other because I generally don't care about who specifically gets them. It would just be nice if it wasn't self-admitted elitists that did (and that's only directed at the one on my server, not either of you, Blade or Xellos. Like I was trying to aim a barb at you, I don't think so...)

Personally, I gain more fulfillment from things like this stroke of luck I had tonight than the titles:

Spoiler for Because fate chose now, the righteous one:

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2009-10-20 at 07:58.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 06:41   Link #4190
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

'The Kingslayer' is a cool title, although I'm a little surprised they'd give it to players. Considering its not really an 'honorable' title. But, it's Arthas, so.. cool nonetheless.
Old 2009-10-20, 10:08   Link #4191
Statonxyb
hrm

I'm glad they changed the 25 man to Kingslayer.

The Frost Ender is a terrible title should just be changed completely.

And grats on the headless horseman mount!
Old 2009-10-20, 10:32   Link #4192
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kingslayer definitely sounds cooler than Frost Ender.

What the story is hinting at in its previews is somewhat intriguing. It's suggesting that Arthas will day but that maybe Ner'zhul won't. Furthermore, it seems to indicate that someone else might be ready to go bonkers on site and take Arthas's place.

Thanks, Stat. It seems the Headless Horsemen mount is either unchanged from last year (when it was claimed to have been as low as 0.3%) or it's been buffed to something like 1%. Either way, it's definitely not dropping as often as the Brewfest mounts, but there is a gradually growing number appearing around Dalaran, so 1-2% seems like the range. I would have liked to hear an official number though, because I refuse to believe what WoWArmory claims. It says that the HHM mount and the Brewfest ones have the same drop rate....Not believing that. Wowhead claimed Brewfest mounts were 4%. I was seeing 5-10 guildies a day minimum winning Brewfest mounts. So far I'm one of only 3 within my guild that's won the HHM one.

Little surprised that the other stuff that drops is mainly junk. Considering Brewfest offered cool/fun stuff like the tankards or the remote while HHM is either ilvl 200 junk, RP items, Sinister Calling items or a long shot at the mount. I'll be interested to see whether the mount alone will be enough of a lure to keep people going for 2 weeks. On the bright side, the treat bags from innkeepers seem to be buffed for some things. I've seen 2 Squashlings and 2 Hallowed Helms already, so it seems they've at least tried to make it somewhat easier to clear Sinister Calling, which was the one a lot of people had blocking them from finishing the full round of world events. I've seen periods of heavy lag and errenous resses, particularly around the SM area, since the event started, always at the same time each day. Hopefully the maintenance will address that. Bit weird since I didn't see any server problems during Brewfest but Hallow's End seems to have a few.
Old 2009-10-20, 13:07   Link #4193
Xacual

You are having really good luck on trick or treating. I've been doing it on 5 characters and have yet to see a helm or a pet.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 21:59   Link #4194
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

GOD!!!! WHY ARE PEOPLE SO PANTS ON HEAD RETARDED?!!??! the other side always wins in conquest isle cause they always go for the workshop and roll tanks to the gates and win, yet every fkin time eveyrone go for the fkin airship yard and does nothing but LINE UP to shoot the fkin canons that can't even does 1% to their gate, WTF. This is why I fkin hate battlegrounds in any MMO, 99% of the people there are so fkin retarded. Yes having 1000+ resili is good, but it means nothing if we always lose the fkin battle! If it wasn't for the fkin achivement I don't even touch this crap.

Last edited by gummybear; 2009-10-24 at 22:13.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 06:46   Link #4195
Gin
*Artist

^^ RAGE
Old 2009-10-25, 07:13   Link #4196
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
GOD!!!! WHY ARE PEOPLE SO PANTS ON HEAD RETARDED?!!??! the other side always wins in conquest isle cause they always go for the workshop and roll tanks to the gates and win, yet every fkin time eveyrone go for the fkin airship yard and does nothing but LINE UP to shoot the fkin canons that can't even does 1% to their gate, WTF. This is why I fkin hate battlegrounds in any MMO, 99% of the people there are so fkin retarded. Yes having 1000+ resili is good, but it means nothing if we always lose the fkin battle! If it wasn't for the fkin achivement I don't even touch this crap.
LOL @ WoW and Resili

btw... destroy ur avatar
Old 2009-10-25, 07:45   Link #4197
Jaden

Well, the good thing about BG achievements is that there are usually ones you can work on even when you are losing. I'm a little disappointed you can't fish in Isle of Conquest though. Fishing in Wintergrasp is a thrill though, every now and then there's some horde coming to try their luck on you, and not having a weapon equipped is a small handicap too.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 08:22   Link #4198
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I was finally able to obtain a Hyacinth Macaw today. It's pretty.
Old 2009-10-26, 05:36   Link #4199
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It happened again....Well, I asked if I shouldn't roll and the guildies/pugs all said 'Real men roll.' *shrug* Mainly because I used this alt on their requrest to allow 20 summons instead of 5. It dropped on the 19th.

Spoiler for maybe i really am the righteous one....:
Old 2009-10-26, 07:51   Link #4200
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

ive seen a number of alts with only like 150% flying speed with the thing, its quite disheartening!

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows