AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-03, 23:13   Link #6201
Xacual

I think you might be mistaken a little. Back during beta the mobs were kind of weak at first, and they buffed all the above 80 mobs with more health and more damage.

Dungeons and stuff will be harder in Cata than in Wotlk.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 23:22   Link #6202
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

ah, pre expansion stuff, I remember before BC came out, me and some friends were campin by the gate and RPin and stuff. it was fun until jack asses came and ruined it a bit.

what exactly is happening in Pre-CATA? anything to do with Worgens?
Old 2010-11-03, 23:39   Link #6203
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I must be mistaken then, it is ashame that I am. I recalled some player saying that mobs in Cataclysm would be more difficult and that is why our DPS is so strong right now against the current mobs in WoW. I can't say that I am not disappointed. I like to think while I am entering a battle. Dungeons being harder is intriguing though~ In what way will they be more difficult?
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 00:51   Link #6204
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All the Pre-CATA events are about Elemental Invasions, Twilight Hammer Cultists, and Deathwing Sundering the planet. You won't get worgen stuff until launch (you only get the Worgen version of the Pre-CATA events in their instanced/phased starting zone).

They rewrote the numbers so mobs hit a lot harder then they use to compared to your level. Even with the increase they hit hard. Dungeons seems to be tuning in on having mechanics that you cannot overgear. You you do something wrong, you die. Basic "if you stand in the big glowy thing after the boss finishes casting the spell....you die" mechanics. Or "kill or crowd control this mob or you will never finish the fight" for one reason or another. Usually because the mob heals the other mobs, hits too hard for the tank to manage with the rest of the mobs, has some spell that will one shot you if mixed with some other mob's spell, or summons dozens of adds if you don't lock it down quickly.

As for the Aspects...the Dragon Queen isn't about to give someone her powers or any of the living aspects powers. The is the Aspect of Magic and if they can manage it, the Aspect of Earth to fill in their ranks to take out Deathwing (the Aspect of Death (former Aspect of Earth)). She will grant the powers and title for the Aspect of Magic in time to fight Deathwing. She might find a way to transfer the powers of the Aspect of Earth to Thrall for the fight against Deathwing. They were not specific about what they are doing with Thrall on that matter, just that he was the most powerful Shaman and thus the closest thing to a Master over the Earth since Deathwing fell from grace. Thrall is probably the Tirion of the Expansion. The one main character that will be with us to fight Deathwing....in patch 4.3 or whatever it is in a year or two.
Old 2010-11-04, 01:05   Link #6205
Xacual

Blizz confirmed that Kalecgos would receive the Aspect of Magic job.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-11-04, 01:09   Link #6206
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Whoa Ithekro thank you for the information. What you've posted intrigues me greatly. I am very happy with these changes as many complain things are much to easy. With the introduction of the various mechanics things will be less "dry" as it were. Hitting harder will make things interesting too, I can't wait to struggle a little.

The lore in regards to the dragons is so fun. I enjoyed WC II so to see Deathwing back causing trouble for others and taking the spot light again is really interesting. The elmentals that pop up right now is really fun too. I've had one spawn right on top of me while fighting an elite. It made for a very interesting encounter. I think in the end the rare elite beat us all. Mobs fighting each other including you always excites me~ :3
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 01:14   Link #6207
Xacual

It's funny to go read some of the old lore, Deathwing was Alexstrasza's kid for instance.

I really have to say the best event ever was the AQ event. That was an awesome time. Damn mind control crystals popping up all over kalimdor with Qiraji elites attacking towns. The giant collosi in Silithus.

WotLK event was fun in another way though since it was entirely player driven with the plague. Too many people complained though, I thought the event was great, horde and alliance parties of ghouls was fun. Raiding cities together...

Old 2010-11-04, 07:11   Link #6208
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i wonder if the new LK will lend some power in the fight agenst Deathwing, highly unlikely, but hey.. there are paladin tauren now

I was sad when people QQed about the zombie thing "Wuaaaa I dont want to have fun, this game is my job, please take away everyone elses fun"
Old 2010-11-04, 09:03   Link #6209
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
As for the Aspects...the Dragon Queen isn't about to give someone her powers or any of the living aspects powers. The is the Aspect of Magic and if they can manage it, the Aspect of Earth to fill in their ranks to take out Deathwing (the Aspect of Death (former Aspect of Earth)). She will grant the powers and title for the Aspect of Magic in time to fight Deathwing. She might find a way to transfer the powers of the Aspect of Earth to Thrall for the fight against Deathwing. They were not specific about what they are doing with Thrall on that matter, just that he was the most powerful Shaman and thus the closest thing to a Master over the Earth since Deathwing fell from grace. Thrall is probably the Tirion of the Expansion. The one main character that will be with us to fight Deathwing....in patch 4.3 or whatever it is in a year or two.
It isn't like she isn't about to do that: she simply cannot. As explained already, the Aspects aren't some kind of batteries of powers: they are imbued big dragons, with powers bestowed by the Titans.
Which means: there is no way to have any kind of transfer, nor real substitute, which is why Alextrazsa stated Azeroth lost its Guardian of Magic when Malygos died. Even if Kalecgos takes the job, there is no way for him to fully replace Malygos, unless he receives powers of the same magnitude from the Titans or beings that are part of the creation of Azeroth.
Please remember that the Aspects are deeply connected to Azeroth, they aren't just masters of elements: they are rooted with the different elements of the planet, hence "aspect".

There is no way for Alextrazsa to "transfer" any Aspect of Earth powers to Thrall. At most, she can "enhance" him with extra powers although she is not really the best choice for that (the power of fire and life isn't exactly matching orc's shamanism).
The powers of the Aspect of Earth are still with Deathwing which is the reason why he is insanely powerful and can unleash volcanoes and lava on its wake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It's funny to go read some of the old lore, Deathwing was Alexstrasza's kid for instance.
Huh wait what...? Do you mean in a figurative way (since Alex has the tendency to act like a mother for everyone), or literally? If the latter, that can't be.
Old 2010-11-04, 09:31   Link #6210
Xacual

No back during WC2 time, the lore said Deathwing was Alexstrasza's kid. It wasn't until WC3 that they made the 5 dragon types with 5 aspects leading them.

Old 2010-11-04, 10:45   Link #6211
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I think I'll mention dragon lore revealed on Cata beta thus far in relation to the Green Dragonflight, but I'll spoiler tag it in case people want to wait until Cata comes.

Spoiler for Green Dragonflight lore:

If anyone would like me to do a summary of my Worgen levelling experience now that the levelling zones are fully functional, I'll do one. I've been through Darkshore, Ashenvale, Stonetalon Mountains, Desolace, Feralas, Thousand Needles and Tanaris plus a little bit of Un'Goro Crater thus far.
Old 2010-11-04, 11:57   Link #6212
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I wish they would have seperate things like being able to fight the bosses solo, but Story purposes only. so no epic loot or anything, just story/quests. that way people who cant get into a raid guild will be able to fight the final boss.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:16   Link #6213
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Currently one can pug up to the Lich King. I can't say if a pug can kill the Lich King, just that they can get there and fight him.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:21   Link #6214
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Currently one can pug up to the Lich King. I can't say if a pug can kill the Lich King, just that they can get there and fight him.
Possible with the 30% buff, and the debuff of 20% dodge decrease being taken out, druid tanks are at their highest again in ICC. My latest pug group got past Sindragosa and got to the Lich King, but wiped at 84% and called it quits.
Old 2010-11-04, 20:21   Link #6215
Xacual

It really just depends on the server. My server had pugs killing LK pretty often and pretty commonly, including hardmode kills of some bosses. I haven't been around for a few months though so I don't know how it is now.

Old 2010-11-04, 20:35   Link #6216
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
It really just depends on the server. My server had pugs killing LK pretty often and pretty commonly, including hardmode kills of some bosses. I haven't been around for a few months though so I don't know how it is now.
Now that you think about it, the server I'm on (Spinebreaker) is sorta counted by many other servers as the *dumpster for scrubs*....
Old 2010-11-04, 20:42   Link #6217
Xacual

My guild had I want to say 5 or so people that transferred from a guild on the one of the very last, maybe it was the last? ranked US server to ours. They all basically declared how amazingly different our server was after being with us a week and seeing all the trade chat pugs that were further then most guilds on their old server or would clear, at the time ToC, in less than an hour.

When you play on one of these servers it really hits you when you try to play on less good servers. My alliance lock's server isn't that bad but man unless you are around at certain times during the week I could not find a weekly raid group or even ToC10 or 25 pugs. Really frustrated me because I'd log over onto my horde pally and see them all damn day.

Old 2010-11-04, 20:50   Link #6218
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
My guild had I want to say 5 or so people that transferred from a guild on the one of the very last, maybe it was the last? ranked US server to ours. They all basically declared how amazingly different our server was after being with us a week and seeing all the trade chat pugs that were further then most guilds on their old server or would clear, at the time ToC, in less than an hour.

When you play on one of these servers it really hits you when you try to play on less good servers. My alliance lock's server isn't that bad but man unless you are around at certain times during the week I could not find a weekly raid group or even ToC10 or 25 pugs. Really frustrated me because I'd log over onto my horde pally and see them all damn day.
This sorta resembles what happened to my previous server "Misha" before I had to create a new character on Spinebreaker (Since I'm poor ) level him up to 80, and get him to the gear he has now in 5 months. I was surprised when my old guildies told me that Spinebreaker atleast had a ton more raids then what Misha had. The horde side of Misha barely had even 1 raid in like 22 hours..
Old 2010-11-05, 01:16   Link #6219
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Just did the 1st wave of pre-Cata events and the Tripping the Rifts Feat of Strength. Not bad.

Guide for Tripping the Rifts
Old 2010-11-05, 07:19   Link #6220
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

/sigh, man it really blows I wont be able to get these since I'll be doing Worgen.

Eh, who cares. their just little achivments like on Xbox live. the only ones that REALLY matter are the ones that proove you beat ICC or w.e

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows