AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-07, 09:12   Link #61
Westlo
Lets be reality

Finished watching the first episode, I thought it was very good and so far I rank it as #2 out of the 3 first episodes I've seen. (Frontier, Kure-nai, Geass) I doubt To Love Ru and Kanokon will shift it from that spot...

Was interesting to see them start off completely different from the manga, the art changes didn't really bother me and I really like the ED theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
well, the light novel was a treat, albeit the darker tone.
Supahem I'm curious about how the light novel starts out. Is it similar to the anime or similar to the manga or perhaps even different from both?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:12   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2008-04-07, 09:14   Link #63
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

One of the best first episodes I've seen in a long, long time. The characterization, the direction, the scene composition, the music, the story... Perfect.

Brains Base sure can do some awesome animation... the details on both closeups and the backgrounds were full and a treat to the eyes.

Intriguing plot... 8 girls, one guy in a dormitory but no harem aspect and each woman hides their own secret? A must-see, I must say.

The subtle dialogue switches between the main character and the girl shows how much development is going through them in just one episode, I'm very much looking forward to what this series can accomplish for thirteen.

Best show so far this season, but a long shot. Perhaps Library Wars will be just as good, who knows.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:19   Link #64
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart View Post
Brains Base sure can do some awesome animation... the details on both closeups and the backgrounds were full and a treat to the eyes.

Best show so far this season, but a long shot. Perhaps Library Wars will be just as good, who knows.
Brains Base have been very impressive recently with Baccano! last summer and now this, I hope they can keep up the quality for the rest of the seres!

Also if the first episode of Library War is as good as this than I'll be very happy.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 11:29   Link #65
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
This is definitely a series I'll be watching daily.
I don't read synopsis' and such, but this looks geared towards family inheritance and such?

On a side note, the OP and ED didn't quite fit in with the mood of episode 1.

Last edited by way2slow; 2008-04-07 at 11:40.
way2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 13:18   Link #66
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I felt the OP was pretty good, not exactly mind blowing animation orgasm but the style is refreshing. Music was rather run of the mill though.

DLing the first episode
Old 2008-04-07, 14:44   Link #67
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Pretty excellent first episode...Took me alittle bit to get a feel for what kindof story they were trying to tell, but it all came together pretty nicely in the end. With so many silly shows i've seen already this season this was a very nice addition to catch.

Thanks to BSS for their efforts...you guys have a good eye for series.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 14:59   Link #68
FuzzyWuzzy

It has that Ashiteruze baby kind of feel to it. The 1st episode doesn't have any impact or cliff hanger. It's a little boring. I'll watch the second episode and maybe get a clear idea what kind of anime this really is.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 16:17   Link #69
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm not saying it's wrong in this case (haven't seen enough to decide) but I honestly can't remember a season that wasn't greeted with numerous "It's a weak season" comments at the beginning. They can't all be, can they? Somehow, as we get a few eps into the new series, some of them manage to get better. We'll see this time around.
This is the first time I've agreed with all the "it's a weak season" cries. And it could just be because there aren't the kinds of shows I personally like, whereas there are shows like Code Geass that others do.

This and Macross and now Vampire Knight are the ones I like best so far, but there's nothing that seems outstanding to me, like Lucky Star last spring or Simoun, Haruhi, and NANA the spring before. Or ef and Blue Drop and KimiKiss last fall, or true tears in January (Spice & Wolf wasn't as good, for me).

But Kurenai has a chance. And as Westlo says, Kaiba, Real Drive, Library War, Golgo 13, Nijuu-Mensou no Musume, and Kyouran Kazoku Nikki haven't started.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 16:25   Link #70
FuzzyWuzzy

vampire knight has an anime out already? How come I can't find them. Weird.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:50   Link #71
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

i think its been announced in the unaired section by neosam.

@ Westlo

The three medias (L.Novel/Manga/Anime) both starts out with the stalker part, but the Anime only focused on it for about a minute or so while the Manga and the Light Novel dedicated a whole chapter on it. Also the Manga didnt actually delve into Murasaki's escape from the kuhuoin mansion but rather focused more or shinkurou's past. I can safely say that the anime is following the light novel more than the manga does(albeit the faster pace, which they've done well)
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:53   Link #72
mdauben

Thumbs up

After watching the firs episode, this definetly looks like a series I'll be following. The first episode might not be flashy, but its got a lot that is appealing to me. Lots of questions posed already about the characters, their motives and back stories. So far, I want to know more about all the characters that have been introduced, and what is going on. I love that kind of stuff, makes me think about a series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
kure-nai's OP is visually completely on crack. Seriously, WTF? This show gets an A just for the OP. 8)
Seriously?

I thought it was one of the absolute worst openings I have seen in a long time. Not only is the 2D CGI absolute crap, but the whole tone of the opening (visuals and music) clash horribly with the actual series. I consider the OP to be the biggest flaw in the show so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Dame da! Dame da! Don't like the animation style at all...
The art style of the animation, on the other hand, I quite liked. Not your typical anime style, a bit more gritty and realistic. To me it seems to go well with the atmosphere of the show.

Last edited by mdauben; 2008-04-07 at 19:07.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 19:01   Link #73
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

the opening's audio was kinda... meh... bland, but the animation was a fresh deviation from the usual whopping they-put-all-of-their-effort-on-the-opening-while-neglecting-the-actual-episodes thing which happens on many series.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 19:28   Link #74
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
...I thought it was one of the absolute worst openings I have seen in a long time. Not only is the 2D CGI absolute crap, but the whole tone of the opening (visuals and music) clash horribly with the actual series. I consider the OP to be the biggest flaw in the show so far....
What you call "crap," I call "style." They knew exactly what they were doing, and they did a great job of it in my opinion. Whether the extreme contrast in tone with the show is a good thing or not is another question, however. I'll wait a couple of eps to judge. But I enjoy the OP on its own, anyway.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 19:47   Link #75
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I also liked the OP animation, though it was rather jarring at first. I'm still undecided, though, about the episode animation itself - it strikes me as quite odd, to say the least. You can definitely see the Baccano in there, with some Bones-ish elements - but the character design and body/mouth movements are quite unusual. Backgrounds are much more natural, and quite detailed. I have the feeling I'm going to end up loving the visual or hating it, but either way the premise is interesting and promises some interesting development.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 20:16   Link #76
ahmad

Very interesting first episode. Definitely will we following this . This season has so many good anime coming out its crazy.
ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 20:20   Link #77
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Personally, the art is not exactly to my liking, but it's not completely horrible either so I'll let it slide...

The characters seem likable enough for this first episode, no complains yet... Kurenai himself is a personal interest to me.

Story telling, definitely keeping me interested for awhile longer... (Lol at "women trouble" How could you go wrong with that )
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 20:27   Link #78
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I think I'll be looking after this one closely. Off-putting OP aside, I enjoyed the first episode quite a bit. The characters all seem to be slightly interesting at the least, even if we know nothing about them. Murasaki reminds me a lot of Pino, though I can't place exactly why. I'm not quite sure what to make off the animation yet, but I definitely got serious Witch Hunter Robin vibes out of it (a series which a enjoyed immensely btw). As many others have said, the plot for episode 1 raises a lot of questions, but answers none of them. At any rate, it's certainly better than most of the series released so far.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 22:46   Link #79
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually agree with Maceart on this one; Kure-nai is by far the most interesting series I've seen this season. That said, there's still a boatload of shows that I haven't seen (particularly Macross and Special A), so that's too early to for it to be definite.

But c'mon, Ai-baby with an even MORE brattier kid? Sign the hell me up! ^_^

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 01:09   Link #80
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Hm.. the show starts out of introducing murasaki while in the manga he already knew murasaki.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen