AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-10-02, 09:28   Link #241
Vicious108

I hope/think they'll probably end at the same time. That would be perfect.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 17:24   Link #242
Rurouni

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Galeontanilla:

The manga is almost over. It'll be done by the time the anime catches up, and Arakawa (the creater) no doubt is providing the FMA Brotherhood team early looks at the final chapters.
I read somewhere that the manga would be around 100 chapters long. Seeing as the 100th chapters is almost out, can someone tell me if the end is near? I've read up until chapter 84, beginning of the next arc, and waiting for the manga to end so I can read it all in one run
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 18:32   Link #243
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni View Post
I read somewhere that the manga would be around 100 chapters long. Seeing as the 100th chapters is almost out, can someone tell me if the end is near? I've read up until chapter 84, beginning of the next arc, and waiting for the manga to end so I can read it all in one run
Yes the end is definitely near we are in the final arc. However the manga is not ending in one chapter.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 06:16   Link #244
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

I have one question about the movie: How did Roy lose one eye?
Old 2009-10-11, 07:06   Link #245
Vicious108

He lost it at the end of the series actually. Probably from Riza's bullets when she took down Terminator Archer, regrettably.
Old 2009-10-11, 11:25   Link #246
GaimeGuy

I think he lost it from Archer's attack, actually.
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 11:45   Link #247
Kanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy
I think he lost it from Archer's attack, actually.
I was wondering about that myself. From what I remember, after Roy killed Pride(aka Wrath lol,) Archer intercepted him as he was stepping out of the mansion.

By the time Riza started shooting Archer, Roy was already on the ground.
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 12:48   Link #248
Haladflire65
*Artist

It's never really clarified, is it? But I personally think if Riza shot it out that would be... just plain stupid.
Old 2009-10-11, 12:49   Link #249
Vicious108

IIRC, Archer never got to attack Mustang, Riza shot him down before he could.

It's been too long though, so not sure. Someone check.
Old 2009-10-11, 15:02   Link #250
GaimeGuy

If that's the case, then it might have been lost from a sword attack by Bradley.
Old 2009-10-11, 15:05   Link #251
Vicious108

That's impossible, since both his eyes are fine when he's killing Bradley.
Old 2009-10-30, 21:37   Link #252
blewin

So from which episode does the current anime deviate from old material and pick up the manga material? I'm thinking of picking up FMA 2 now but I don't know where to start (can't stand watching the first few episodes recycling the story of FMA 1).

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 01:06   Link #253
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
So from which episode does the current anime deviate from old material and pick up the manga material? I'm thinking of picking up FMA 2 now but I don't know where to start (can't stand watching the first few episodes recycling the story of FMA 1).
To start watching FMA 2 I will advise you to start from episode 2. The first 15 episodes of FMA 2 might resemble FMA 1 but with few important changes in the story. If you do not watch them you might not be able to follow the story line.
Old 2009-10-31, 19:09   Link #254
GaimeGuy

yes. I would start from the very beginning, even though things may seem a bit similar for the first 12 or 13 episodes, they'll still be different enough that you shouldn't skip over them because you'll be missing out on some important details.
Old 2009-11-10, 04:50   Link #255
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I asked this elsewhere too but didn't get an answer yet so here I go :

I've read FMA up to vol.16 in the manga version. This was just quite recently, and I don't want to re''watch'' for who knows how many episodes of stuff I already know about.

Is there anyone here who has read the manga and knows which episode should I pick up Brotherhood from if I've read the manga up to vol.16 ?

Also : Does Brotherhood actually follow the manga very accurately ? The above question is useless if they still failed to do it even though Brotherhood was supposed to be all about that ..
Old 2009-11-10, 07:05   Link #256
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I asked this elsewhere too but didn't get an answer yet so here I go :

I've read FMA up to vol.16 in the manga version. This was just quite recently, and I don't want to re''watch'' for who knows how many episodes of stuff I already know about.

Is there anyone here who has read the manga and knows which episode should I pick up Brotherhood from if I've read the manga up to vol.16 ?

Also : Does Brotherhood actually follow the manga very accurately ? The above question is useless if they still failed to do it even though Brotherhood was supposed to be all about that ..
I think it's really best to watch the show from the beginning. But what do you mean by 'where I should pick up'? Do you want to watch from the point where you've read the manga? In that case, there's not a lot available for you, because the most recent episode is actually right around there, at vol. 16. Since there's no diversion point in Brotherhood from the manga, I don't really know what to tell you, unlike when watchers of the first anime asked. You need to tell us from what volume or event you want to watch from (e.g. Ed vs. Greed? Roy vs. Lust? Ed meeting Hohenheim?)

Brotherhood does follow the manga, although they did mess around with Ishbal a little (cutting up Armstrong and Scar's bits; putting them in earlier episodes), and of course, there's those notorious and inevitable cut scenes. However it's been doing all right so far, storywise - almost everything's happened the way it should have... almost...
Old 2009-11-10, 09:05   Link #257
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well the last thing I remember about reading the FMA clearly is where Ed meeds Hohenheim so I suppose that would be a good episode to pick up from.. If it has aired yet ?
Old 2009-11-10, 13:52   Link #258
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well the last thing I remember about reading the FMA clearly is where Ed meeds Hohenheim so I suppose that would be a good episode to pick up from.. If it has aired yet ?
Yes, episode 20.
Old 2009-11-10, 16:45   Link #259
GaimeGuy

why the hell would you start on the episode after episode 19? :P
Old 2009-11-10, 16:46   Link #260
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
why the hell would you start on the episode after episode 19? :P
I agree! If you're gonna start later in the show at least watch episode 19!

It's Roy vs. Lust, by the way. Pretty badass stuff, and top-notch animation.