AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-01-16, 18:24   Link #21
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Not really interested for some reason(prob cuz i have too much I haven't read), but the extra effort the TC put in his initial post makes me think I should check this out quick.

*goes and bookmarks page

Actually the title reminds me of another "incest"(u know what the quotes mean >.>)/comedy/romance manga called " Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki ja Nai n da kara ne", which i LOVED(the female chars were subtly perverted ), but unfortunately only 5 chaps came out.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 19:03   Link #22
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Actually the title reminds me of another "incest"(u know what the quotes mean >.>)/comedy/romance manga called " Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki ja Nai n da kara ne", which i LOVED(the female chars were subtly perverted ), but unfortunately only 5 chaps came out.
LOL that one is so much WIN (quite possibly the most wincest out there at the moment), but nobody talk about it here, so disappointed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
Spoiler for pic:
That's her~~~
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 01:14   Link #23
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Meant to say this other day when I found out but it slipped my mind.
Westlo had posted something in the Medaka Box thread that caught my attention

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=151787

didn't know it was so popular but thats good news to me, hopes of seeing a anime aren't so bad

Something I've been thinking about about this series is how for me, it's alot different than well pretty much every other sister/brother manga I've seen in that theres no blatant complex shown(which I kinda expect, just something thats come to be over the years)
For now it's just simply a brother and sister bettering their sibling relationship with each other, if the complex aspect comes in later then great why not but for now it's very refreshing for me, def puts it above the rest.

Oh and I found out theres a Drama CD coming out in March.
It has Ayana Taketatsu as Kirino and Yuichi Nakamura as Kyousuke.
Well Yuichi Nakamura as Kyousuke would be A typical typecasting but seems fitting
What really interests me is Ayana Taketatsu as Kirino, sounds like it would work perfectly, certainly better than typecasting Miss Rie for the role which I don't want to see.

p.s Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki ja Nai n da kara ne is pretty good but when the childhood freind shows I just dropped my shoulders and let out a sigh.
Not sure if I might be getting bored of some cliches showing up in bro/sis series but just how I felt when it happened -__-
Old 2010-01-21, 05:42   Link #24
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
didn't know it was so popular but thats good news to me, hopes of seeing a anime aren't so bad
On one hand I would love to see an anime, on the other I kinda don't. There's no logical explanation but somehow this is one of the few I felt it is good on paper and cliche and bad if done incorrectly animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
For now it's just simply a brother and sister bettering their sibling relationship with each other, if the complex aspect comes in later then great why not but for now it's very refreshing for me, def puts it above the rest.
I can't remember the last really good sister/brother friendship story I've read, it's on the tip of my tongue and I can't pull it out of my mouth (it's not Guin Saga though), but in response to this, volume 5 answers it all in a very EPIC fashion. Mad props to Kyousuke for being a manly man.

PS: As for Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki ja Nai n da kara ne, the sister is still awesome as hell as of chapter 15, so I don't really mind the childhood friend.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 04:50   Link #25
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for ch 2:
Old 2010-01-26, 04:30   Link #26
Mentar
Banned

This is a really fascinating little show ... let me join the party here.

I don't quite agree with the Kyousuke = Kyon comparison, since Kyousuke has a much lower self-esteem compared to Kyon, so he comes over as much more whiny and (IMHO) a trace annoying. Kyon never had problems with his self-esteem, so his remarks come over as much more biting.

Nevertheless, I expect to see development and growth from ALL characters, and I'm intrigued by the angle they're taking on the sibling issue. Particularly since I happen to have a little sister with the same age difference, too.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 18:05   Link #27
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

After a few months, translated chapter 3 is out. Get it at Himatsubushi website, as usual. Thanks again, HMT!

Overall, pretty interesting. A couple of characters are introduced, most mysterious being Saori. Pretty sure that her extreme otaku-like appearance and manner of speaking is unlike her 'true' self, as its obvious she chose to do those so that the group members won't be wary of her (like they were of imouto and kuruneko). After all, her empathy of others is close to being telepathic, so she must have planned all this ahead of time.

Which ties in to my favourite line of the chapter (which is a no brainer considering me)...
Quote:
Geez... Why do beauties always have some problem with their personality? Thanks to you people, my prejudice against beauties has become even worse. Normal is the best after all... Ah, I want to see my childhood friend for no reason now...
So yeah, my osananajimi rival radar is on overdrive here, as Saori might be the first 'beauty' that he sees that doesn't have a major flaw in her personality lol. If she ever gets out of those fugly apparel, that is.

In any case, the whole situation kinda makes me feel bad for imouto-san, for once. Guess she hasn't heard of the saying, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Kyou actually has the common sense to recognize this, but him being him, he keeps it to himself. For all your retorts in the previous chapters, and you couldn't mention the fact that her apparel isn't suitable? What a douche...

Of course, as always, its Kyou's tsukkomi-like remarks that makes this series for me ("What high class lady?" "This is obviously pre-packaged stuff!" etc.). Now if he only actually says some of these out loud (like imouto's clothes this chapter), instead of keeping it to himself, half the problematic situations wouldn't have surfaced. But then again, it woudn't be Ore no Imouto if he actually said them lol...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 19:13   Link #28
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Saori is a wonderful person. I wish she got more character development, although I think it's upcoming in v6. Kuroneko and Kirino's antics were great. In Ch3, I didn't really care much about Kuroneko, but she had grown on me since v4.

Man, I can't wait for v6. Kirino really needs to show more dere!
Old 2010-04-27, 19:40   Link #29
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I almost forgot that this existed, monthly releases are brutal. I want MOAR!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 19:53   Link #30
azziz

[
, volume 5 answers it all in a very EPIC fashion. Mad props to Kyousuke for being a manly man.

a few spoiler,if no a short summary,about vol.5 would be welcome(:how does thing evolve between him and his sister or kuroneko?and do we ever learn why his sister was so cold-to say the less-to begin with?)
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 22:08   Link #31
Wrath88
Kissing...

Should've known Micchi would be all over this series. Nice to read though.
Old 2010-04-30, 15:45   Link #32
Rias

Not suprisingly, this is also getting an anime.

Spoiler for "Source": Akiba-blog:
Old 2010-04-30, 21:40   Link #33
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Not suprisingly, this is also getting an anime.

Spoiler for "Source": Akiba-blog:
Hmmm . . . . . so I guess I don't have to worry about reading too much more. That's good, because I honestly don't think I would have bothered after this last chapter. The writing style is really amateurish. There's no depth. Talking to the audience is also extremely annoying, especially with the frequency that it happens. I also feel really bad for Japan as a whole. I understand that it's generally a somewhat fucked up place, but if the people of there reading this actually relate to the main character that much . . . ugh.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 22:05   Link #34
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Hmmm . . . . . so I guess I don't have to worry about reading too much more. That's good, because I honestly don't think I would have bothered after this last chapter. The writing style is really amateurish. There's no depth. Talking to the audience is also extremely annoying, especially with the frequency that it happens. I also feel really bad for Japan as a whole. I understand that it's generally a somewhat fucked up place, but if the people of there reading this actually relate to the main character that much . . . ugh.
Nvm.
(Stupid 10chars thing, all I had to say was "...")
Old 2010-04-30, 22:10   Link #35
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post

1) It's a translation.

2) It's a light novel's translation. What are you expecting? Haruki Murakami?

3) It's a light novel's barely edited translation -- the editor says he or she only looked over the translation once. Of course it's going to be rather literal -- and that includes the rather awkwardly placed "work-in-progress" notes, which weren't in the original novel.

4) What is so offensive about typical-teenager Kyousuke?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 22:58   Link #36
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

1) It's a translation.

2) It's a light novel's translation. What are you expecting? Haruki Murakami?

3) It's a light novel's barely edited translation -- the editor says he or she only looked over the translation once. Of course it's going to be rather literal -- and that includes the rather awkwardly placed "work-in-progress" notes, which weren't in the original novel.

4) What is so offensive about typical-teenager Kyousuke?
1 and 2 don't matter. I've read other light novel translations before. I didn't know that it wasn't edited. The fact that it's not might make a difference. I'd have to see an edited version and compare it, but I doubt it would change my opinion that much. Also, you're way of listing things is annoying. It isn't necessary to point out obvious facts in a condescending manner.

I didn't say anything about being offensive or offended. I said I feel really bad for Japan, as in sympathy. I don't think it's necessary to go into the failings of the usual "average japanese male protagonist", but this one seems to be failing especially hard, and the author seems to expect the audience to relate. Couple that with whatever popularity this series has gained and you get my previous reaction, "ugh."

Also, "..." guy. If you disagree with something I said, that's fine, but it's really hard to discuss "...." That's why the character limit is there in the first place.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 23:10   Link #37
ZODDGUTS

Love the manga also loving the characters. Glad to see it's getting an anime.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 20:50   Link #38
ZeKeR
Superbad

i tumbled down my chair upon seeing that.... seriously..... kuroneko.......
Old 2010-08-07, 16:05   Link #39
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Seeing Kyosuke treat Kirino like an ACTUAL sister, and treating Manami like an ACTUAL best friend, despite being a girl, is so darn refreshing. Real cute how he was treating Manami in chap 7; they felt very close, and something about him offering to buy her something just rubbed me the right way.

I expect in chp 9 for Kyo to take the blow for that game that Kiri's gotten caught with.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 07:49   Link #40
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Like both novel and manga, but sometimes I feel that in the manga the cuteness is over the top...

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings