AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-26, 01:01   Link #20361
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think he'll probably return to horror and make a

からすのく頃に

When the crows cry

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 01:07   Link #20362
zorahk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

からすのく頃に

When the crows cry
that was/is my guess, too.
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 01:10   Link #20363
Mcjon01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

からすのく頃に

When the crows cry
Or perhaps 「くらうすのく頃に」.

Every game can focus on a new, horrible business investment.
Mcjon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 01:20   Link #20364
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
Or perhaps 「くらうすのく頃に」.

Every game can focus on a new, horrible business investment.
Featuring Krauss, the Sorcerer of Bad Investments.
Old 2010-12-26, 01:21   Link #20365
ivan_mccormik

I seriously doubt that Ryukishi07 would ever write a sci-fi murder mystery, but it would seriously bring a smile to my face. I saw Sunshine (2007) like a few months ago, and I thought something along those lines would totally work.

Spoiler for original story:

When astronauts cry: Uchyuuhikoushi no naku koro ni: 宇宙飛行士のなくころに
Although astronauts are not animals (even though some in my story are treated as such), they can definitely fly.
Spoiler for endroll:
ivan_mccormik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 01:31   Link #20366
Judoh
Mystery buff

It's not that hard for me to beleive. Higurashi was totally Science fiction. At least everything Takano and Irie talked about was. And they even made fun of their brain parasites idea by saying it should be a science fiction novel.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 07:26   Link #20367
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I don't know, she is essentially the martyr of the series.
But Jesus never killed anybody. You must be talking about that Catholic Church.
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 15:34   Link #20368
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
But Jesus never killed anybody. You must be talking about that Catholic Church.
There's no red saying Yasu ever killed anyone either.
Old 2010-12-26, 15:44   Link #20369
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
There's no red saying Yasu ever killed anyone either.
She didn't save anyone either.
And if it's true what you suggest, that Yasu knew the killer's plan and she decided to cover it, rather than preemptively inform the police, she's still a criminal... and an idiot.

Old 2010-12-26, 17:23   Link #20370
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
She didn't save anyone either.
NEITHER DID JE-*shot*

But no seriously, I'm not implying Yasu's a Jesus metaphor, I'm just pointing out that she DOES have a martyr complex.

Quote:
And if it's true what you suggest, that Yasu knew the killer's plan and she decided to cover it, rather than preemptively inform the police, she's still a criminal... and an idiot.
I'm not saying she knew shit. I'm just saying she suspected shit. This girl takes innocuous statements and turns them into eternal promises, trials from god, demonic temptations, and the like. I can so imagine her coming across something that looks bad, concluding that someone is up to murder, but knowing she has no proof of anything, so if she goes to the police it'll be dismissed as a crank call.

As for being an idiot...well, who isn't in Umineko, at this point? The entire plot relies on the Idiot Ball trope to ridiculous degrees no matter how you interpret anything.

But it's perfectly human. That's just how people are.
Old 2010-12-26, 17:41   Link #20371
Cao Ni Ma

Small question, was there ever a time in the novels where Yasu's personas where ever mentioned having "Blessed" names?
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 19:59   Link #20372
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

What do you mean by "blessed" names?
Old 2010-12-26, 20:03   Link #20373
witchfan

Prediction: R7's next work will be a romance written in When They Cry style. In which we find out fragments are actually Bern's savegames (she can't get any heroine because she can't make choices that understand their kokoro). The big twist will be, the main heroine is also the protagonist.

Well, not a prediction, but it would be funny.
witchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 20:16   Link #20374
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
What do you mean by "blessed" names?
Something I read in another forum, I need to re-read the other episodes to see if was really mentioned, I wish I could do a quick search though all of the texts to pinpoint where that word was said though.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 20:26   Link #20375
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
Something I read in another forum, I need to re-read the other episodes to see if was really mentioned, I wish I could do a quick search though all of the texts to pinpoint where that word was said though.
It's a reference to the names the servants got when they worked in the Ushiromiya mansion. Thats what the Fukuin servants referred to them as.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 20:48   Link #20376
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

In that case only the "on" names are "blessed".

Old 2010-12-26, 21:48   Link #20377
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

What does ryukishi mean by "75% of the truthh is already reveiled" ? Isthere a list somewhere?
Old 2010-12-26, 22:25   Link #20378
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
What does ryukishi mean by "75% of the truthh is already reveiled" ? Isthere a list somewhere?
It didn't really elaborate on that part. As far as I know that "interview" was never sourced so it could very well be bullshit from /jp/. Especially since a lot of what was said in it was stuff people had already guessed.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 23:38   Link #20379
Keriaku
Thought Being

I was showing Umineko to my cousin, so I recently reread the prologue with Kinzo drinking, Gengi, and Nanjo telling him to write a will. The scene got me thinking.

I'd have to go through the series and reread all the Kinzo scenes, so this isn't a theory, just an idea. But what is Kinzo is the true 'culprit'? I know this idea's been around for awhile, but why not reevaluate it under new information? What if Kinzo did create some kind of plan involving the murder of many people on the island? I think the idea of Kinzo being the culprit, and Beatrice being the cover for him, being very thematically satisfying. My main reason for this idea is how much Nanjo presses Kinzo to write a will, along with a will being mentioned many times throughout the question arcs. I know this could all be leading to him forgiving Beatrice, but the possibility exists that he did have other things he wanted to happen.

This would certainly lead to an emulated Genji-culprit. This would also lead into a motive of loyalty to Kinzo, which is definitely much better than greed. To really know if this is realistic, we'd need to know why Genji is so loyal to Kinzo, which we are suspiciously missing any information on. I could certainly see Yasu 'let' Kinzo's will be carried out, possibly even cover for him. I could even envision a sort of scenario where the adults get set off and that's when Yasu/Kumasawa/Nanjo decide to go along with Kinzo's will. Though we know there's disagreements and such, as with Nanjo being killed in EP3.

With this idea I'd see these kinds of factions:

- Perpetuating the concept of Kinzo
- Perpetuation the concept of Beatrice
- Beatrice's Murder Mystery
- Bribing Krauss
- Kinzo's will

And I could see all of these overlapping and trying to take advantage of each other. Maybe Kinzo's will supercedes or uses all of these, atleast in Genji's case.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, but it's a thought. I realize the biggest problem with this idea is what exactly Kinzo was trying to do. But I thought it was a cool idea having the concept of Kinzo be the culprit, along with the concept of Beatrice protecting him.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 23:50   Link #20380
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That's why I don't reread old episodes. They are made in a way to make you suspect the wrong guy.

There is an open conflict between what we have seen in EP7 and the theory of Kinzo as the mastermind which teased us throughout the core arcs.

EP7 shows a Kinzo that is completely satisfied and has no longer any regret. It shows that he never had any intention to create the legend of a witch, he only wants to see her lover again. It shows that the new head is Yasu/Lion/Beatrice (whatever) and that Genji, Nanjo and Kumasawa are all loyal to her. It shows that the events of 1986 are the results of Yasu's own game loosely based on Kinzo's. It reiterates and expands the concept that the tragedy wouldn't have happened if Battler didn't return.

In addition, I don't really like the idea that Genji would become a mass murderer just because Kinzo ordered him to do it. I can't see any real reason for Kinzo wanting everyone to die two years after his own death. Even if Genji is that crazy he couldn't have done everything in his own and there's just no way Nanjo and Kumasawa would go with that plan.