AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 50 46.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-19, 22:05   Link #81
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It feels like this episode was the usual "We don't have enough episodes, let's mesh things best we can!" that we find all too often.
Not really...actually they would have had ample opportunity to end this episode right before the revelation who the extra is and then could have spent almost the entire next episode to the aftermath. They added so much awkward Giallo horror to this episode that wasn't really necessary at all...
Old 2012-03-19, 22:14   Link #82
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Do you really think revealing it is even necessary?
They are practically smacking you while saying 'In your face' with all the visual resources they have...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-03-19, 22:16   Link #83
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
If you're interested in the differences between the novel and the anime version so far, I listed them here.
I am speechless. This anime is nothing but a profane perversion of the novel in my eyes now.
Old 2012-03-19, 22:18   Link #84
Diveman

You know what's funny? ALL this could have been easily avoided if Misaki had opened her mouth about her cousin and her eye to everyone.
Old 2012-03-19, 22:26   Link #85
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
You know what's funny? ALL this could have been easily avoided if Misaki had opened her mouth about her cousin and her eye to everyone.
Too late now, and it would not be as entertaining that way
Old 2012-03-19, 22:37   Link #86
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
If you're interested in the differences between the novel and the anime version so far, I listed them here.
Thanks for that. I was about to ask how closely this episode mapped to the novel. Holy crap, this adaptation sucks ass. A shame because the first few episodes were so promising. Besides the ridiculousness of this episode, at least now I understand why the beach episode felt so off too.
Old 2012-03-19, 22:39   Link #87
Allium
Keep on keeping on

I felt that this episode was blatant. Instead of the suspense and tension Another built up so well in the previous few episodes, we get psycho students on a killing rampage and gore in full glory, and it felt as if the events happened too quickly.

Teshigawara was foolish enough to take matters into his own hands, but I have to say that I'm amazed at Kouichi being so calm as the events unfolded during the episode. Even Mei had a terrified expression a couple of times this episode. Kouichi, on the other hand, didn't even panic or look shocked in the least, even when Teshigawara told him about Kazami.

I don't get the students' reaction to Takako's announcement. I understand emotional instability, but were they that unstable or desperate enough to believe Takako and go on a killing spree? In addition, with all the chaos going on, no one even called 119?

Apparently the mayhem stemmed from Mochizuki letting Izumi and Takako listening to the tape. Mochizuki seems to have good intentions at that point, unsuspecting of the tragedy that would take place.

Poor Mei, with nearly everyone turning against her. And with just one more episode to go, I can't wait to see how things turn out.
Old 2012-03-19, 22:55   Link #88
Ledgem
Love Yourself

My thoughts pretty much echo those of everyone else. I was really hoping for a high-tension, frightening episode. Aside from jumping a bit in the beginning, it didn't happen for me. Reading over complaints about a series can dull the enjoyment for others, so I'll keep my negative remarks behind spoiler tags:

Spoiler for Criticisms of this episode & 2nd half of the series:

I don't get into saying how I would have rewritten a series. It's just that based on the first half, I had very high expectations that these past few episodes did not meet. I'm very hopeful that the final episode will give a masterful end to this series, but if it follows the same trend...
Old 2012-03-19, 23:19   Link #89
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Ugh... the episode itself was good but God does the VA majorly sucks. And the scripting doesn't help too much. I mean I get that they are jaded by now but they show it to the point it's no longer believable.
Old 2012-03-19, 23:22   Link #90
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I am speechless. This anime is nothing but a profane perversion of the novel in my eyes now.
this anime completely butchered the original novel. it's not even the same thing at this point. it's just a massive f***fest right now. disappointed
Old 2012-03-19, 23:29   Link #91
Shmoof

I hope they don't Destiny / Blood-C this ending. I've really been enjoying it and am not looking forward to a two decade wait for the novel to be translated.
Old 2012-03-19, 23:32   Link #92
sa547
*Author

After watching, my blood has gone freezing that I could barely try to prepare today's lunch. It's like I was thrown back to the moment I was watching Battle Royale for the first time, that is, almost everyone has gone either batshit insane or completely derp.

Fear is one emotion that can encompass anyone, a powerful trigger to transform one's personality into a different state: either it would make one strong as survival instincts kick in, or be driven completely mad. It makes no distinction among everyone, and even the meekest or the quietest can have his/her dark side.

Maybe I'm wrong, but fear is the greatest killer out there.

Spoiler for More thoughts:

In a nutshell, this episode was damn fucking mad. As in genuinely chilling.

And props to the sound FX guys, it's almost cinematic as it gets that with a pair of headphones any sudden sounds almost made me jump off my seat.

GIMME THEM BODYBAGS!

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-19 at 23:52.
Old 2012-03-19, 23:42   Link #93
EroKing

Guys, guys. No matter what we really shouldn't make fun of how someone died

On second thought

Girl, you are doing it wrong

Misaki Mei : "This shit is so crazy to watch even with just one eye."
Old 2012-03-19, 23:51   Link #94
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

So, I wonder how many kids will graduate from Class 3-3 1998? Half the class has been killed off already.

Endless "Empty classroom" Soul
Old 2012-03-19, 23:55   Link #95
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

Still nothing beats the "Invisible drum solo"
Old 2012-03-20, 00:00   Link #96
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Makeup

I really feel annoyed reading posts from many fans complaining that the anime is practically butchering and skewering the novels.

Why the comparison? Since both materials are adapted into two different media.

I haven't ever read the novels, therefore, I enjoy the anime as it is and not taking everything too literal.

What surprised the most is likely the producers managed somehow to make the content seen in this episode, or most of it, passed intact around the board of censorship going from the psychological thriller becoming into visceral horror.

Ten episodes of psychological terror buildup exploded right in my face in this eleventh one in the form of a Lord of the Flies Hell on Earth.

Furthermore, two factors that make this episode overtly frightening are:
1) One must Not be afraid of the dead, but rather be Very Afraid of the living
2) And, women are the most frightening people in all of creation when either traumatized to the boundaries of the breaking point or getting Imperially pi***d off.

This is undeniably demonstrated with both Ogura and Sugiura just turning too damn ghastly beyond my most livid nightmares once learning the truth from the tape, and the latter telling the account that Mei Misaki is the Another because she was classmates with her at Elementary School, but no one else outside Mei, save for Kouichi, knows about Misaki's twin.

Moreover, Misaki got separated from Kouichi, because she's going to go on the hunt for the Another alone, unproteced, and by herself. Like someone else blogged before, even if she's able to send the Another to the death, she still would have to deal or run away from the hordes of the remaining class students having all broke down wanting to spill her blood to dead in order to stop the curse.
The only hope of survival for Misaki, as I see, would be that everyones' memories get immediately wiped clean right after she kills the another, because her getting to reach the Another won't be an easy task due to the students, save for: Kouichi, Teshigawara, and Mochizuki, hunting her down. And, now that Akazawa mistakenly took for Misaki being Sugiura's murderer, she turned to psycho mode to fill in for the late Sugiura meaning the open season is on for the last episode's climax.
Old 2012-03-20, 00:10   Link #97
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Lol this ep really brings back memories of all the time training in urban operations...

You know if all those people dying when trying to murder Mei were an actual power, she'd be practically the world's deadliest person
Old 2012-03-20, 00:13   Link #98
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Thanks for that. I was about to ask how closely this episode mapped to the novel. Holy crap, this adaptation sucks ass. A shame because the first few episodes were so promising. Besides the ridiculousness of this episode, at least now I understand why the beach episode felt so off too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron View Post
this anime completely butchered the original novel. it's not even the same thing at this point. it's just a massive f***fest right now. disappointed
Well, I wouldn't rate the anime too harshly based on some things it did different from the novel as the original source had it's fair share of problems as well. The novel mainly suffered from being too drawn out, spanning almost 700 pages of hints and traces of things happening but never really kicking into gear. I was basically yelling, "DO SOMETHING FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!", at the pages...
I also liked the anime for actually giving the classmates faces and personalities as everybody besides the main characters remained in a faceless crowd with entirely interchangable lines here and there. Maybe that was the point, making the deaths so low-key that you actually feel how people tend to forget they ever happened (Ogura Atsushi's death is simply mentioned in passing, like a radio announcement) but I liked the anime for actually engaging me in the action.

In the end they have two completely different approaches. The novel is told completely through Kouichi's perspective (with the exception of some very few inserts) while the anime gives a rounder picture. I think they just didn't feel like letting most of the characters just fade into the background during the final 2 episodes...though what they did in the end was pretty awkward.

I like the anime as an adaptation even though they had some strange original ideas and went a little overboard on visual presentation. Still they did a pretty good job of losing some of the drawn out portions of the novel while keeping the original spirit...it's just that some of the awkward ideas have such an impact on the whole series that they kinda ruin the good job they did overall.
Old 2012-03-20, 00:18   Link #99
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Guys, guys. No matter what we really shouldn't make fun of how someone died

On second thought

Girl, you are doing it wrong

I bet a lot of people were expecting a panty shot in the first image lol. Fan service denied. Oddly enough, all the deaths this episode were satisfying to an extent. You reap what you sow class 3-3, basically.

Now on to the episode, Kōichi Sakakibara using his ninja-like skills to protect Misaki from their murderous classmates was quite the spectacle. Takako Sugiura kicking Kōichi in the balls and then stepping on him was low, if it weren't for that Kōichi would have owned her. Kōichi was awfully calm and composed during this frenzy, while Misaki was shocked a few times.

Akazawa Izumi's logic that Mei Misaki is the another, really baffles me. Since there was a girl who looked like Mei that wasn't wearing an eye-patch back then, but now she does, so she must be the another lol. I hope she doesn't become a detective if she somehow survives (although she will probably die next episode).

Since I already read the LN, I already know who's the another. So have fun guessing who it is everyone~
Old 2012-03-20, 00:24   Link #100
Giriath

Still hoping asthma boy or the library teacher is the Another, making for a nice troll away from all the action. Wouldn't it be hilarious if everyone kills each other or burns in the fire, asthma boy asphyxiates in the backseat and the librarian drives into the sunset with a smile?
Closed Thread