AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

Old 2006-04-21, 13:54   Link #241
Furudanuki

I'd like to find out how others interpreted a scene in episode 3 ...
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 14:17   Link #242
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
I'd like to find out how others interpreted a scene in episode 3 ...
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-21, 18:11   Link #243
mangafanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I didn't really get it until episode 3. Good show. I think the kite did represent her respect for the weirdly lovable/admirable, and somewhat Morita-like, Tamaki.

*GASP!* It-- IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! My unstoppable love for Tamaki now makes sense! I see in him the aura of Mmy orita-san! Tamaki and Morita-- can the world take anymore bishie-zanny goodness!

At first, I thought the kite was just an overused transition (:lol, but by the end of the episode, I was 99% positive that it was, infact, a
Spoiler:
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 18:19   Link #244
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic
At first, I thought the kite was just an overused transition (:lol, but by the end of the episode, I was 99% positive that it was, infact, a
Spoiler:
I would not go so far as to say 'love.' Possibly lead to that in the future, but definately not now.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 18:36   Link #245
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Another great episode its fast becoming one of my favorite new release so far its just fuckling brilliant one of the best Shoujo romance/comedies I'v seen in a while. When i saw that it was going to be a high school physical examination episode i knew it was going to be damn funny. I think one of my favorite scenes had to be when Tamaki told the rest of cast they were homo- side charcters and drew a line between them i couldnt stop laughing and the scene where he dresses up like Haruhi oh god it hurt to laugh. But it looks like he might have some competition in the form of the twins both said it would be troublesome if any other guys talked to Haruhi they spend more time with her or they might just be doing it to piss Tamaki off. I would like to add that Maaya Sakamoto does a great job with the voice of Haruhi. Next one looks fun another girl joins the club should be for some intresting and yet disturbing fun

Does anyone else get creeped out by the twins forbidden sibling love scenes?
Old 2006-04-21, 18:42   Link #246
mangafanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Does anyone else get creeped out by the twins forbidden sibling love scenes?
Um, in the words of Strong Bad "Very. Yes." XD Luckily, it seems pretty obvious that they are just doing it to whip the woman into a hormone induced frenzy. Especially when you consider the fact that they tried to get revenge on Tamaki for calling them
Spoiler:

And Ori, I completely agree with your comment concerning my quote. I had intended to say "love OR admiration" not "love AND admiration." Which, in my opinion, makes a difference.
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 18:48   Link #247
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic
Um, in the words of Strong Bad "Very. Yes." XD Luckily, it seems pretty obvious that they are just doing it to whip the woman into a hormone induced frenzy. Especially when you consider the fact that they tried to get revenge on Tamaki for calling them
Spoiler:

And Ori, I completely agree with your comment concerning my quote. I had intended to say "love OR admiration" not "love AND admiration." Which, in my opinion, makes a difference.
I know that they are only doing it to work the women up maybe thats the only thing keeping me from rocking in a corner after i see the love the love action. but it fits with what the series is about if they were just doing for the hell then i would be really disturbed
Old 2006-04-21, 19:18   Link #248
Ori

Heh the twins action is very disturbing indeed. ^_^;; Especially in this episode when they went on talking about playing doctor at home all the time.... well it surely turns the girls on though lol.

I was reading more manga from this series just now. I have to say, it's very amusing, but the fact it is pretty much all 1-2 chapters/story is somewhat of a turn off. I hope this anime will not be all episodical like the manga... I know it's suppose to be a very light hearted series but I hope it manages to have a short multi episode story at the end of the series to tie everything up and not leave us with too many loose ends (I want an semi-conclusive ending... is it that much to ask for?).
Old 2006-04-21, 19:37   Link #249
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

As stated by other posters, despite the manga not having an ending, BONES will surely provide one good enough for the series. I hope Tamaki and Haruhi end up together. Yeah, I know, it's supposedly an incisive anti-shoujo comedy ... but Tamaki and Haruhi ending up together WILL work for me ... I hope so, anyway.

(I root for good guys and good girls. Despite being a guy, THIS anime is SO F*CKING COOL.)

Yes, I think the kite there represents respect. Because when Haruhi was angry at Tamaki it fluctuated - almost to the point of disappearing.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 20:21   Link #250
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Episode 3. I love this series. The way it just keeps continually backhanding the shoujo genre is awesome.

It's so ironic that the two wittiest anime we've seen in a long time both appeared in the same season, and both have a Haruhi in them.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 21:32   Link #251
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Episode 3 was so:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAKI
GOOD! GOOD! VERY GOOD!
REALLY hoping the series can keep up with the great humour till the end.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 21:52   Link #252
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
With each episope, I love this show more and more!

Still enjoying Mamoru's Tamaki. That man is talented and so hilarious, and it's great to see him in a seiyuu role where he can be goofy (rather than more stoic and serious, like his other roles: Kiba [Wolf's Rain], Riku [Kingdom Hearts]...).

And I actually admit to liking the anime adaptation MORE than the manga. And that's probably the first time I've ever said that...
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 21:59   Link #253
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
As stated by other posters, despite the manga not having an ending, BONES will surely provide one good enough for the series. I hope Tamaki and Haruhi end up together. Yeah, I know, it's supposedly an incisive anti-shoujo comedy ... but Tamaki and Haruhi ending up together WILL work for me ... I hope so, anyway.

(I root for good guys and good girls. Despite being a guy, THIS anime is SO F*CKING COOL.)

Yes, I think the kite there represents respect. Because when Haruhi was angry at Tamaki it fluctuated - almost to the point of disappearing.
Spoiler:

And the whole thing about the twins yea it may seem gross to guys but to chicks like me it so turns me on they are just so hot.
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 22:15   Link #254
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartChick
And the whole thing about the twins yea it may seem gross to guys but to chicks like me it so turns me on they are just so hot.
I'm a guy (straight) but the twins crack me up whenever they do one of their twincest things. Guess I'm 'semi'-used to seeing shounen-ai-ish from stuff like Clamp's X, Tokyo Babylon and Clover (all which I love) but the twins just feel so over the top its hilarious

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 22:17   Link #255
Ori

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Well when I said conclusiveness, I do not necessarily meant couples (it would be nice if that happens and as of now it's certainly a possibility especially since the manga author doesn't get last say on the anime story line).

I think the anime can achieve conclusiveness if it for example, ends with Haruhi's gender being discovered - you can't hide something like that forever, or perhaps just the older two of the members graduating (despite what the manga author said) or something that would give the show a satisfying finale touch. I don't want an episodic story to be the last episode.
Old 2006-04-21, 22:28   Link #256
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Spoiler:

Well when I said conclusiveness, I do not necessarily meant couples (it would be nice if that happens and as of now it's certainly a possibility especially since the manga author doesn't get last say on the anime story line).

But in my opinion a conclusive ending would be at some point of the game -- like in the end -- Haruhi's gender should be know to the rest of the people -- you can't hide something like that forever, or perhaps just the older two of the members graduating (despite what the manga author said) or something that would give the show a satisfying finale touch. I don't want an episodic story to be the last episode.
I think we all want that Ori but well just have to wait and see what happens. Anyway
Spoiler:

Melange- Yea this set of twins have to be the funniest Ive ever seen. You kind of have to feel bad for the other guys at ouran since all the girls ogle over the host club members 24/7.
Old 2006-04-21, 23:05   Link #257
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Really now? When I read the manga
Spoiler:

Personally though I'd also like to see a Tamaki/Haruhi pairing I'd love to see a fluff scene where Tamaki makes Haru-chan blush in a girly way
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 23:14   Link #258
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yep. I read somewhere that the mangaka wanted a Mori/Haruhi pairing; however, that couldn't be seen, could it?

Hey, I'm going to watch it again ... but I remembered not seeing ANYTHING close to that.
Old 2006-04-21, 23:26   Link #259
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Yep. I read somewhere that the mangaka wanted a Mori/Haruhi pairing; however, that couldn't be seen, could it?
Opps my mistake. Im pretty sure Mori and Haurhi wont get together unless the mangaka completely pulls something on us which could be possible. But anime wise I dont think the pairing will happen. Mori doesnt seem to get as much screen time as the other host club memebers and it seems as if the anime is pushing for a Haruhi and Tamaki pairing.
Old 2006-04-21, 23:31   Link #260
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

But even in these kinds of anime, I want closure. Serious closure. Be it a Kyouya, Mori, or Tamaki pairing, I want something like this to end happily and well.

I've seen too much good romance anime that DON'T end well. For one, there's Karekano.