AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-08-04, 16:41   Link #221
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
There are actually well over 30 characters - some of the girls in the class are less important than other recurring characters like Kotaro, Takamichi, etc. Also the characters aren't really introduced in the first chapter of the manga (we still know next to nothing about Zazie, for example). Girls from the class are kind of tiered in importance, some are more important than others. Just because he happens to teach a class does not mean that each girl is a main character. Plenty of them don't really get more than a couple of lines until well into the story.
She right. The main characters of Negima are Negi, Asuna, Konoka, Yue, Nodoka, Ku Fei, Kaede, Evangeline, Chachamaru, and Setsuna in my opinion. I'm not so sure about Mana though.
Starlight Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 08:29   Link #222
eggplant
Eggplant

I'm going to post this in this Negima thread, as I construe the two OVAs and the upcoming new anime series to be unlicensed.

According to MOON PHASE, the Negima!? series will commence from Wednesday, October 4, at 5:30PM on TV Tokyo.

Not only that, the magazine Comic BonBon will start serializing a new Negima manga from its November issue.

What does that spell? More combat and less moe, which can be a double edged sword.
The Negima! manga serialized in Shonen Magazine is certainly read by grade schoolers, and it is said the first anime season was orginally supposed to air on a morning slot. However, Negima! (and other Akamatsu works) achieved popularity through its moeness, supported by teenage boys and grown up men.

The airing time for the new season combined with the new serialization in a kiddy magazine means it's aimed at kids, thereby virtually eliminating the moe harem factor (not that the first season was fan servicy at all), where it will probably concentrate on the battle scenes. Even then, I predict it will deviate from the original manga, as stressed by the producers of the new series.

Recently news of the discontinuation of Gintama , another TV Tokyo evening anime, was announced due to low ratings, so I cannot imagine Negima!? to be catered to a mature audience at this time slot.

The one good thing about this time slot is, if it's popular, it's not bounded to the 13/26 episode format. Not that more episodes is necessary a good thing.

I'm hoping this is some kind of hoax, but coming from a reliable source, I just might as well accept it.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 12:46   Link #223
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ouch... ...
Old 2006-08-05, 13:34   Link #224
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

a question here. About Chisame, why was her hair redish brown in the last episode? In the anime, her hair is green, was that a mistake or did they base her transformation on the manga hair color?
Old 2006-08-09, 08:41   Link #225
miyazakinodoka
Miyazaki Nodoka

Send a message via MSN to miyazakinodoka
I love Mahou Sensei Negima!
Characters I like:

Miyazaki Nodoka(She is very cute!)>_<

Negi Springfield(A cute child)

Kagurazaka Asuna(She has a strange eyes,and a big kick in ep.3)>_< COOL!
miyazakinodoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 11:18   Link #226
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Of all things I got the Box Set (And I bashed the anime so bad). A little chibi Asuna figurine and a sheet of stickers of I think 20 girls.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 14:51   Link #227
kakasensai
Akitsuki San

Say whens new season going to release for MAHOU SENSEI NEGIMA.. Anyone got any guesses or exact date it will be released.
kakasensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 18:53   Link #228
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakasensai
Say whens new season going to release for MAHOU SENSEI NEGIMA.. Anyone got any guesses or exact date it will be released.
see Eggplant's post a few inches up in the thread.....

makes a better impression to read what other people have said before posting?
Old 2006-08-10, 19:40   Link #229
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

So for Negima Season 2, everybody except Asuna (i think) will have to get another Pactico? Because season 1 left off will everyone get pacticos but goes back into the present where almost everyone forgets
Old 2006-08-10, 19:43   Link #230
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
I wonder if Kotaru will have a spot?
Yeah I wonder if Kotaro will be shown in season 2, he is my number 1 favorite character in Negima. Also, will you see fate again because he didn't died and didn't he also say he would be back?
Old 2006-08-10, 20:03   Link #231
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Found this in another forum:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...gimaseason.jpg
Don't know if that's official, but rumor has it that those will be the character designs in the upcoming OVA.

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-08-10 at 21:56.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 07:49   Link #232
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

it is real.
I hate some of the coloring on the characters though.
~Was Yuna's hair always that color? Thought i don't mind it that way
~Akira hair should be black in my opinion
~Was Misa's hair always that color? Thought i don't mind it that way
~Sakarako hair is distracking to me, I like hair as it was.
~Chizuru should be brown like the manga
~Chuu(Chisame) pink hair is cool, but does she wear a wig or dy it whenever she becomes Chuu?
~Nadoka hair should be less bright
~Natsumi hair was a different color like orange(i think) right? I like her hair as it was before
~Satsuki hair is strange to me. I like her hair as it was

You also see Kotaro in that picture, so do he shows up in that season?! I hope he do!!!!
Old 2006-08-11, 12:01   Link #233
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight Dreamer
So for Negima Season 2, everybody except Asuna (i think) will have to get another Pactico? Because season 1 left off will everyone get pacticos but goes back into the present where almost everyone forgets
Most likely, the new series of Negima will completely ignore the incidents in the last five episodes of the Xebec version (especially since it looks like SHAFT's version will be completely different from the original manga and anime series, although I still hope that SHAFT does remember Negi's four main Pactios).
Old 2006-08-11, 12:06   Link #234
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I like the *hairstyles* of the new art style .... (my wife's hair has that random antenna effect). Some of the colors are interesting but I try to keep in mind the collaboration between artist and animation staff may dictate some modifications for technical reasons. I hope the drawings ACTUALLY TRANSLATE into the onscreen results (we know how sometimes great still art doesn't make it into the animation budget).

I guess my only massive complaint is Asuna's eyes.... that was one of her appealing features was the eyecolors.

Since they're announcing up front that they're doing a "Negima Alternative" (not following the manga or the first season all that closely), as long as a number of *events* are portrayed I'm keeping an open mind about the story itself.
Old 2006-08-12, 08:27   Link #235
Starlight Dreamer
.......Wishing on a Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I like the *hairstyles* of the new art style .... (my wife's hair has that random antenna effect). Some of the colors are interesting but I try to keep in mind the collaboration between artist and animation staff may dictate some modifications for technical reasons. I hope the drawings ACTUALLY TRANSLATE into the onscreen results (we know how sometimes great still art doesn't make it into the animation budget).

I guess my only massive complaint is Asuna's eyes.... that was one of her appealing features was the eyecolors.

Since they're announcing up front that they're doing a "Negima Alternative" (not following the manga or the first season all that closely), as long as a number of *events* are portrayed I'm keeping an open mind about the story itself.
yeah, your right. That was the only thing appealing on Asuna. Even if many people say it is distracking, they didn't had to change it completely, they could have made it darker, but still the same.
Old 2006-08-12, 09:41   Link #236
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight Dreamer
it is real.
I hate some of the coloring on the characters though.
~Was Yuna's hair always that color? Thought i don't mind it that way
~Akira hair should be black in my opinion
~Was Misa's hair always that color? Thought i don't mind it that way
~Sakarako hair is distracking to me, I like hair as it was.
~Chizuru should be brown like the manga
~Chuu(Chisame) pink hair is cool, but does she wear a wig or dy it whenever she becomes Chuu?
~Nadoka hair should be less bright
~Natsumi hair was a different color like orange(i think) right? I like her hair as it was before
~Satsuki hair is strange to me. I like her hair as it was

You also see Kotaro in that picture, so do he shows up in that season?! I hope he do!!!!
You mean that was Chiu at the lower right corner next to Chisame? I was wondering who that really was. Still, not just the hair, but even the eyes are different

By the way, anyone else think Chachamaru looks scary here? (she definitely looks more robot-like)
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 12:28   Link #237
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's a NEGIMA! thread over in General Anime ... we should probably carry the conversation over there?

According to info monir spotted.. the adcopy makes it sound like they're REMAKING the series from scratch which means the first series will become "that which we do not speak of" in the community. Anyone with links or references to confirm or deny, please post away there.
Old 2006-08-12, 12:43   Link #238
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
There's a NEGIMA! thread over in General Anime ... we should probably carry the conversation over there?

According to info monir spotted.. the adcopy makes it sound like they're REMAKING the series from scratch which means the first series will become "that which we do not speak of" in the community. Anyone with links or references to confirm or deny, please post away there.
Thank you, can I please request that discussion about the new series be continued in the Negima! thread

Thanks to monir for having the forethought for creating the new thread as well as the info he dug out. I'm amazed they plan to remake the series but I for one am glad there's a chance the anime will do the manga some justice.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 17:28   Link #239
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Finally.. the first volume special edition arrived yesterday, and i'm oh so happy with the box, stickers & the all mighty Asuna figure.

Pretty happy with the animation, and subs work out fine. Though i must say - i'm a lil' shocked that each volume is going to be released each month.. so happy. ^__^
Old 2006-09-02, 20:02   Link #240
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

So i went to the store to get a mp3 player today and of course i had to go down the anime section first as always, and then suddenly this big box caught my eye. it was the negima box set! this box is so nice, i was very impressed. also on 1 DVD there are 6 episodes and a toy figure and stickers. all this was 29$ thats a huge bargain! i would have ordered this along time ago if i knew it was so nice. i'll try and post a picture later.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote