AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 72 67.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 17.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 5.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-22, 00:21   Link #221
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think Index is more like Victorique du Blois from Gosick.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 00:25   Link #222
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well the thing with law enforcement groups in anime, is that a lot of animes are sci-fi and thus have people with superpowers running around blowing stuff up; not quite something the police can handle, even with machineguns and rocket launchers. How often do police do anything more than support in Superman comics/cartoons?
The FBI did just fine in [Fringe]

In Toaru's case, it's a fact that Powers don't automatically put you at the top, and despite our impressions, Anti-Skill has manage to keep general law and order, so it's kinda hard not to expect a bit more for their on screen performance as compared to people that 'cant do anything against superpowers' from the old comic books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Unlike Victorique, Index is more dere than tsun
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 05:17   Link #223
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Victorique is cuter imo. Index whines too much... and bites.
Old 2011-02-22, 06:32   Link #224
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Lol and Victorique doesn't? Or did you just omitted those scenes from your head ?
Old 2011-02-22, 06:55   Link #225
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol and Victorique doesn't? Or did you just omitted those scenes from your head ?
Its easier to omitt Victorique's than Index's
my opinion only though.
Old 2011-02-22, 10:38   Link #226
eiyuu99

Index's antics help to emphasize Touma's daily misfortune.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 11:46   Link #227
bizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Index's antics help to emphasize Touma's daily misfortune.
That makes sense
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 12:03   Link #228
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Its easier to omitt Victorique's than Index's
my opinion only though.
Obvious, you don't have any other rival girl to root for .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 19:34   Link #229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Obvious, you don't have any other rival girl to root for .
Even if you take that out of the equation, in essence both girls are about the same.
Old 2011-02-22, 23:59   Link #230
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I know it's late making comments on eps but I forgot to say I wish they gave LO a different crying face.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 03:07   Link #231
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Should be interesting to see how this whole situation gets handled. Obviously have the powerful magician to tackle and LO is being targeted. Also have to wonder how many more times Accelerator and Touma are going to swap lolis .
Quote:
Even if you take that out of the equation, in essence both girls are about the same.
Maybe, though I'd still put the girl who doesn't go around biting someone all the time above the one that does .
Old 2011-02-23, 04:20   Link #232
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe, though I'd still put the girl who doesn't go around biting someone all the time above the one that does .
Ah but being given the cold shoulders is alot worse, as we men have zero idea what women want if they don't tell us

...Plus she could drop a heavy book on you
Old 2011-02-23, 08:02   Link #233
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Ah but being given the cold shoulders is alot worse, as we men have zero idea what women want if they don't tell us

...Plus she could drop a heavy book on you
meh biting's worse.
It's only my opinion though.
Old 2011-02-23, 12:24   Link #234
eiyuu99

Compared to what Touma has faced, the biting is kinda the tip of the iceberg.
You could blame the setting on Touma.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 14:55   Link #235
dragon132004

I've been thinking as to why Kihara able to interfere with Accelerator reflection field, it seems Kihara is changing the signs in a vector representation of velocity and he has as well to switch velocity direction between the time when he enters Accelerator's area of control and when Accelerator actually does the reflection. In reversing the trajectory, he has to also make sure to stay within Accelerator's area of control until the reflection does happen because he has to have sense the AIM dispersion field which be the signal that Accelerator is activating his abilities. We're not only talking about "pulling back" or the force from your muscles leading to acceleration but it has to have to do with changing the vector direction as well as the time as to when initiating the process... and that's possible because the initial force/vector represent Accelerator own force which is not that much compared to Kihara physical strength.. Now below is a simple diagram that I worked it out so I'd like to hear what you think about that guys:

Last edited by dragon132004; 2011-02-23 at 22:48.
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 15:23   Link #236
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
I've been thinking as to why Kihara able to interfere with Accelerator reflection field, it seems Kihara is changing the signs in a vector representation of velocity and he has as well to switch velocity direction between the time when he enters Accelerator's area of control and when Accelerator actually does the reflection. In reversing the trajectory, he has to also make sure to stay within Accelerator's area of control until the reflection does happen because he has to have sense the AIM dispersion field which be the signal that Accelerator is activating his abilities. We're not only talking about "pulling back" or the force from your muscles leading to acceleration but it has to have to do with changing the victor direction as well as the time as to when initiating the process... and that's possible because the initial force/vector represent Accelerator own force which is not that much compared to Kihara physical strength.. Now below is a simple diagram that I worked it out so I'd like to hear what you think about that guys:

ur overthinking something that kihara explained in just 2 sentences. Don't worry so was everyone else. go back a page or 2 and chaos2frozen explains it
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 16:55   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
meh biting's worse.
It's only my opinion though.
After the biting, comes the hugging!

Quote:
I've been thinking as to why Kihara able to interfere with Accelerator reflection field, it seems Kihara is changing the signs in a vector representation of velocity and he has as well to switch velocity direction between the time when he enters Accelerator's area of control and when Accelerator actually does the reflection. In reversing the trajectory, he has to also make sure to stay within Accelerator's area of control until the reflection does happen because he has to have sense the AIM dispersion field which be the signal that Accelerator is activating his abilities. We're not only talking about "pulling back" or the force from your muscles leading to acceleration but it has to have to do with changing the victor direction as well as the time as to when initiating the process... and that's possible because the initial force/vector represent Accelerator own force which is not that much compared to Kihara physical strength.. Now below is a simple diagram that I worked it out so I'd like to hear what you think about that guys:
Spoiler for size:

I can tell you one thing; nothing about that diagram looks simple to me

(<- I'm with stupid)
Old 2011-02-23, 21:45   Link #238
dragon132004

Quote:
After the biting, comes the hugging!

I can tell you one thing; nothing about that diagram looks simple to me

(<- I'm with stupid)

Hmm.. I see, well iV = is the Vector that initiated with Accelerator actual strength and F= is the factor in which Accel. choose to increase his Vector force which play an important role in giving Accelerator such an insane power. Now what I am saying is that Kihara manipulating Accelerator's own iV and that's possible because that Vector force is coming from a normal high school boy so Kihara can match it if he knows the exact time as to when that Vector occurs before taking the shape of that Accelerator's huge mass effect. So after replacing that first Vector with the exact opposite one that it will cause it to diminish in effect so it will negating Accelerator owns equations for his reflection field.. The rest after nullifying Accelerator defenses is up to Kihara's strength, like his own punch's strength because if all what Kihara was doing is "pulling back his fist" alone then he wouldn't be able to deliver damage to Accelerator.

Last edited by dragon132004; 2011-02-24 at 00:30.
Old 2011-02-23, 22:09   Link #239
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hmm.. I see, well iV = is the Vector that initiated with Accelerator actual strength and F= is the factor in which Accel. choose to increase his Vector force which play an important role in giving Accelerator such an insane power. Now what I am saying is that Kihara manipulating Accelerator's own iV and that's possible because that Vector force is coming from a normal high school boy so Kihara can match it if he knows the exact time as to when that Vector occurs before taking the shape of that Accelerator's huge mass effect. So after replacing that first Victor with the exact opposite one that it will cause it to diminish in effect so it will negating Accelerator owns equations for his reflection field.. The rest after nullifying Accelerator defenses is up to Kihara's own strength for ex. like his punch strength because if all what Kihara was doing is "pulling back his fist" alone then he wouldn't be able to deliver damage to Accelerator.
So what you're saying is... Redirection itself applies an extra bit of force to every thing it reflects So even if Kihara's force is zero, he uses Redirection's own applied force and probably follow through with abit more of his own, right?
Old 2011-02-24, 00:44   Link #240
dragon132004

Quote:
So what you're saying is... Redirection itself applies an extra bit of force to every thing it reflects So even if Kihara's force is zero, he uses Redirection's own applied force and probably follow through with abit more of his own, right?
Yea, the Accelerator's Redirection or reflection field is usually set to default by Accelerator himself that letting him redirect every incoming vector force with the exact same amount but in the opposite direction like what happened to the car in this episode or like the Sisters Arc. Of course Accel. can change the setting for his field if he wishes for the outcome force to be larger. Now Kihara what he is doing is making the income Vector force = zero so the outcome Vector force =zero by manipulating the V directions and During that opening only Kihara let's what's left of his force do the extra damage to Accelerator.