AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 22 17.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 32.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 32.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-15, 06:16   Link #81
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
average eps so far :/

mostly reuse stuff from the last season, boring school life, not much romance
If you're looking for great doses of romance and school life in this anime, don't. They come in small packages, despite being the main attraction for some.

It's not just Yoshida that Yuuji can relate to in the human world, but most importantly his family. I recalled him having troubled thoughts about leaving his parents alone in the city to go off with Shana, and that the first thing he was worried about was whether his mother was a Torch or not. Aside from Kazumi, I'd say his family is the most important thing keeping him in touch with the 'human world'.
Old 2007-10-15, 08:45   Link #82
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The battle for Yuuji's heart continues at a rapid pace. Does anyone else think that Yoshida has really turned up the heat after the 1st season. I agree that Yoshida is the key to keep Yuuji connected to the human world. If she was not around it would be very easy for him to get pulled into the world of fighting. The serious forshadowing was heavy this time around. I expect to see some casualties this season as the fighting will probably get more intense. Yuuji's training is evidence of that its gotten to the point where Shana needs help.

I might have missed this but what happen to the sword that Yuuji aquired in teh 1st season from the psycho twins?
Old 2007-10-15, 09:07   Link #83
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Has anyone noticed JC STAFF has changed the animation for the formation of Fuuzetsu? It's now more similar to how they did it in the movie.
Yes, I did but did not bother to point it out since I already commented that I enjoyed the new look in the movie thread. It would make sense for them to port it over to the second season. I'm curious as to what other designs they had before settling on this one though.
Old 2007-10-15, 09:45   Link #84
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

I might have missed this but what happen to the sword that Yuuji aquired in teh 1st season from the psycho twins?
We don't see it again after it was used to destroy the hecate love machine. Might have been destroyed along with it?

Would make an awesome weapon tho, great defense.

Old 2007-10-15, 09:50   Link #85
newby

Send a message via MSN to newby
this episode is good!i gave it a 9!

shana is very cute when she offer yuuji the bento lol.

short but great fighting scene xD
Old 2007-10-15, 10:21   Link #86
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
We don't see it again after it was used to destroy the hecate love machine. Might have been destroyed along with it?

Would make an awesome weapon tho, great defense.
yea thats why i was asking i cant see Yuuji going at hand to hand even with all the stored up power he has. Even some of the most power people usually have a weapon to channel there energy. Focused energy is always better than random out burst of power god knows who you will hit with it. I think he does need some type of weapon he cant dodge forever damnit. What i like about Yuuji is that he is not affraid to fight and the fact that is also training on his own accord to. Shana needs to make sure that she does not get distracted in fight thinking about who the hell is giving a bento to Yuuji this week.
Old 2007-10-15, 12:50   Link #87
ElementSun

I want to see Yuji use that sword so badly! I thought it was really cool how he can just pick it up with one hand while the two guys taking care of Margery couldn't even lift it up together.
Old 2007-10-15, 14:50   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'm going to hope Shana has gotten to a point where she won't let herself be distracted by outside issues. Long as she can confirm her own feelings and doesn't have Yoshida trying to flirt with Yuji during a battle it should be alright .

At least with Yuji going through training she's less likely to worry about what he's doing. Though it'd help if he could get some kind of offense weaponry. It's at least gotten to a point where she will be forced to fight her battles and trust Yuji to handle his end.

Besides no worry about who is giving Yuji the bento that week. They both will . Just less so he doesn't end up hospitalized.
Old 2007-10-15, 14:56   Link #89
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Doesn't he have Blütsauger(sp?) lying around somewhere? Or did it get lost at the end of S1?
Old 2007-10-15, 15:40   Link #90
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Doesn't he have Blütsauger(sp?) lying around somewhere? Or did it get lost at the end of S1?
an excellent question.

maybe he has it, maybe it's still in Shana's cloak (huh?), maybe Bal Masque has it and Hecate will give to him, or maybe it will never be spoken of ever again. no way to know until it appears or the season ends.
Old 2007-10-15, 16:45   Link #91
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The official website has updated with the unknown slot for a Misaki High student filled in with Fumina Konoe (AKA Hecate-clone).

Spoiler for My translation of her profile:

The chances of her being Hecate somewhat decreased.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-10-15, 17:24   Link #92
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The themes for this episode were brought to you by Jealousy and Nightmare on Elm Street.

Same plot as last episode with a few new developments that everybody probably already knows about. I'm guessing Bal Masque will be getting back into things now that the DS character/promo things is out of the way. Cannot wait to see Hecate again because even though she had next to no screentime or development in the first series, she left a lasting impression on me. As for the characters, everyone seems jealous of someone else, like it's some sort of soap opera. The love triangle is as strong as ever between Yoshida, Shana, and Yuji, but now Wilhemina appears to have some overprotective mother complex about Shana with relation to Yuji and the G-Man looking guy who's name I can't remember is obsessed with Hecate in relation to the rest of the world. I don't see this turning into Days Of Our Lives or anything, but it's just amusing to note the obviousness of this theme this time around.
Old 2007-10-15, 17:40   Link #93
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The official website has updated with the unknown slot for a Misaki High student filled in with Fumina Konoe (AKA Hecate-clone).

part you were confused on is along the lines of "when she runs out of energy she usually ends up overcome with drowsiness". basically she's an anemic or something of that nature.

too bad, had hoped there'd be something interesting in her name, but no such luck.
Old 2007-10-15, 20:16   Link #94
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The love triangle is as strong as ever between Yoshida, Shana, and Yuji, but now Wilhemina appears to have some overprotective mother complex about Shana with relation to Yuji and the G-Man looking guy who's name I can't remember is obsessed with Hecate in relation to the rest of the world. I don't see this turning into Days Of Our Lives or anything, but it's just amusing to note the obviousness of this theme this time around.
I think Wilhemina is as jealous of Chigusa's relationship with Shana as she is suspicious of Yuuji--the two being, of course, connected. Chigusa certainly picked up on it, which is why she told Shana that it should be Wilhemina to teach her, before Shana told her about Wilhemina's helplessness in the kitchen.
Old 2007-10-15, 20:19   Link #95
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Even if she isn't Hecate, there surely is a significance to the close resemblance.

I assume it'll be a while before this is explained to us.
Old 2007-10-15, 20:46   Link #96
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
I hope that dream hougu or whatever isn't gone I was hoping that yuji would go back to sirei den and rehear what shana said in that dream or does that breakt he rules of the dream?
Old 2007-10-15, 20:48   Link #97
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Don't think it would've helped. If he didn't remember he wouldn't be able to put that in the dream. He'd need Shana but then if she was in the dream then she'd know that and wouldn't say it again anyways.
Old 2007-10-15, 20:53   Link #98
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Don't think it would've helped. If he didn't remember he wouldn't be able to put that in the dream. He'd need Shana but then if she was in the dream then she'd know that and wouldn't say it again anyways.
yeah that's true oh well the clown is dead anyway(i hope)

on another note what's with the "keeper" thing and why did Wilhelimina(sp?) look so scared when she heard that only thing i can come up with since Shana didn't looked to freaked out and just wilhelimina maybe she fears that now she'll never be able to get rid of yuji

Last edited by fuzzles; 2007-10-20 at 11:48.
Old 2007-10-15, 20:57   Link #99
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

About the keeper, you can actually see it is something the Reiji Maigo has against intruder.
Something like a self defense spell if you prefer.

as for the second question, it is too early to answer.
Old 2007-10-15, 21:04   Link #100
Dark Wing

Well I just say this and I have to say it's a pretty average SnS Episode.

-Something strange happens
-Shana and Yuji look into it
-bad guy shows up
-then gets powned it less then 5 minutes and all is well again.

all and all 8.5/10 at best but the whole cooking thing was made of win and comedy gold.

On another note... theres one thing I really want to know. What ever happened to Khamsin? (the rock kid from season one) I really like him too. Him and the old man who was collecting those small flames it's like they just disappeared form the story altogether...I hate when that happens!

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2007-10-15 at 21:35.
Closed Thread