AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-28, 03:15   Link #1
NeoSam

Seiyou Kottou Yougashiten: Antique Bakery

The shoujo manga Seiyou Kottou Yougashiten by Yoshinaga Fumi will be getting animated.

==========

西洋骨董洋菓子店
Seiyou Kottou Yougashiten

The manga was serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Wings.
Its 4 volumes and finished.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Mangaka: Yoshinaga Fumi

Genre: Shoujo, Comedy, BL

==========

Source: MoonPhase

The manga is licensed, and its titled in english: Antique Bakery. All 4 volumes have been translated and released.

English wiki entry for the manga:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antique_Bakery

The anime will start broadcast on Noitamina starting in July 2008, and will be 12 episodes long.
Old 2008-07-02, 19:47   Link #2
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Man,what a pitiful thread.

Anyway,i went to the site,and i saw a spot movie but i can't get it work.So far i see no trailer from this anime.So i am rather eager for this spot movie.Can anyone try?
Old 2008-07-03, 03:05   Link #3
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
I couldn't find any spot movie on the official site O_o

Could it be this one?:

Anyway, I think this will be one of my favourite animes for the season, and not just because it's a noitaminA show
Old 2008-07-03, 03:22   Link #4
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoods View Post
I couldn't find any spot movie on the official site O_o

Could it be this one?:

Anyway, I think this will be one of my favourite animes for the season, and not just because it's a noitaminA show
My mistake,there is actually 2 sites listed on ANN,it is not the official site,it is the fuji site.

http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/antiqu...dex_frame.html
Old 2008-07-03, 04:17   Link #5
tigerwoods

With me it worked, but it doesn't show much. There's no actual animation and it is approximately 15seconds long, it shows only some cakes and the characters one after the other.
Old 2008-07-03, 05:05   Link #6
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoods View Post
With me it worked, but it doesn't show much. There's no actual animation and it is approximately 15seconds long, it shows only some cakes and the characters one after the other.
Argh >.< i can't get it work,it keep saying error.i wonder what's wrong
Old 2008-07-03, 11:56   Link #7
Katapan
俺様祭り

The first episode was weiiiiiiiiird.

Spoiler for ep1:
Old 2008-07-03, 14:29   Link #8
tigerwoods

Your short review instead of turning me off turns me on. Lol.
I hope Yoroshiku and Anomaly-Subs/Osu Subswill release this fast.
Old 2008-07-04, 07:16   Link #9
Katapan
俺様祭り

Well that's good, I didn't mean to scare people away by calling this weird! I just couldn't tell whether the mood was supposed to be serious or humoristic most of the time, which really did feel strange until the end of the episode. I get the impression I'm not the only one who was confused, after reading certain anime blogs - some hated it, some were able to laugh at it.

Anyway, noitaminA ratings always appear very early:

Animation Program and Movie Average Television Household Audience Ratings in the Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)

*3.9% (--.-%) 07/03 (Thu) 25:00-25:30 Fuji TV Seiyou Kottou Yougashiten ~Antique~ (New)

These are fairly normal ratings for a noitaminA show these days, similar to those that Toshokan Sensou managed to pull off. Of course, it'll be more interesting to see what happens next week. And even if the ratings happen to drop, Nodame Cantabile will be back soon enough to regain the viewers anyway.
Old 2008-07-04, 14:38   Link #10
tigerwoods

gg subbed the episode and I promptly watched it.
In a few words this show is halfway between tragicomic and grotesque.

Spoiler for Episode 1:

For what concerns the animation, I enjoyed both the CG (I think it's pretty good) and character designs which really stood out on those CG backgrounds, in my opinion they made a good choice; let's just hope it will remain constant.
But what really left me breathless were the OP and the ED, a really awesome style was used, though the songs were not that great.

I'm quite sure this will be a good show, I hope the same atmosphere of episode 1 will remain.
Old 2008-07-04, 14:57   Link #11
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I haven't seen the first episode yet, but I'm exited for this ~ ! I don't know much about it, other than the little bit I've heard about the manga, which has mostly been positive. But otherwise, I'm looking forward to watching.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:14   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Highly promising, as far as I'm concerned. Real people, despite their unusual situations. I thought the tone was just right in every scene, including the one with the boxer (Miyano Mamoru), and the acting was good throughout. If it reminds of anything, it's of a cross between Honey & Clover and Bartender. That can't be bad. And I very much liked the look and the animation, which seemed a good balance between simplified and detailed. We'll see if it feels too slow, but I'm certainly going to be back for at least a couple more episodes of this one.

The fact that I'm glad to see Fujiwara Keiji (Shuu-chan in H&C, Holland in Eureka Seven, Ladd Russo in Baccano, etc., etc.) get a lead role is also a factor. Fujiwara Keiji:

And kudos to gg for getting a good sub out so quickly.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-07-05, 14:52   Link #13
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

First impressions, nyaa ~ !

This show is a bit darker then I expected it to be. The color scheme of it is quite pale, and the chara-designs are very plain and simple. There are some interesting new ideas that come up, such as the nightmare about cake, and why would he want to open a bakery if that's what he's afraid of. I'm assuming the next few episodes will be about each new employee to the bakery and their back-story. The music is okay, but I think it will grow on me after a few watches.

On a side note, the name reminds me of Antic Cafe. And I guess, judging from the first episode, those two things have some similar elements.
Old 2008-07-05, 15:14   Link #14
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I have a feeling that this is going to turn into some tacky crap just like paradise kiss did.

So the synopsis we have from the first episode is that a homosexual baker who worked at numerous high class bakeries/restaraunts keeps getting fired because he makes sexual advances towards his other employees? then he meets up with his first male love from high school and they open a bakery together. in highschool the main character was timid but now he has a 'dark side' to make him more alluring?

I think I'll pass on this.
Old 2008-07-05, 16:01   Link #15
BluWacky
尻の竜

I'm probably going to be the lone straight male voice in the wilderness here, but...

I really enjoyed the first episode! It made me laugh, which anime doesn't generally do, but it didn't pull its punches dramatically either. I really like the art style - it looks like cover art, but animated. Not too sure about the CG cat, but rendering the backgrounds on computer made for some slightly more dynamic shots.

Definitely tuning in next week, I hope Ono continues to be a gay of demonic charm as much as possible...
Old 2008-07-05, 16:23   Link #16
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
Definitely tuning in next week, I hope Ono continues to be a gay of demonic charm as much as possible...
Oh, little worry about that.

I'll admit that the CG backgrounds turned me off of first watch--I'd almost rather have the cardboard cut out of the OP, thanks!--but upon second, something just clicked into place and it really worked.
Old 2008-07-05, 17:00   Link #17
mandarb916

homosexual and homophobe running a bakery together...interesting combination...i think i'll pass
Old 2008-07-06, 16:34   Link #18
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
At first, I was thinking to myself "a series revolving around a gay man"?
But the OP and ED had a nice catch to it.
Antique Bakery is certainly not a series for everyone.
The CG, however, was good, and until I view a few more episodes, this is a series I'll keep up to date.
Old 2008-07-07, 04:25   Link #19
Fevvers
a regular van veen

It was a fairly entertaining first episode, although nothing that memorable, so I'm not really sure if I'm going to continue watching this. It doesn't help that the overly dramatic music and CG put me the hell off. I guess it's too much to ask for H&C slice-of-life quality. Oh, well.

Shuu-chan was fantastic though, as always. Hee, I can't help but smile like a dork whenever Tachibana would talk.

Last edited by Fevvers; 2008-07-08 at 05:40.
Old 2008-07-08, 04:37   Link #20
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I thought the first ep was pretty funny. I just hope Tachibana doesn't become gay because that is pretty likely with all the male bombardment he's about to get. Also weird for the guy to do the 'brought to you by' announcements too.... Ali Al Serches from Gundam 00. That evil bastard.

Anyway, from Junjou Romantica and this, it looks like there's actually a pretty decent surge of homosexual anime.... And I'm loving them too.
Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina