Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-21, 03:20   Link #121
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Thirst

Quote:

I recently heard of a a Korean Vampire movie called Thirst (Bakjwi) . I had come across this movie as it was Vampiyan movie . When I read the summary I got interested . I was in for a shock , it wasn't a standard Low Budget B Grade Vamp Flick . The movie flip flops between an Artsy to Dark Humor . The actors chosen have done a wonderful job and the premise is new .

I really liked the concept and presentation . Special mention to Kim Ok-bin , she literally steals the movie with her portrayal of Tae-ju . The hot and cold combination of Sang-hyun/ Tae-ju is the highlight of the movie . If your bored of standard Vampire flicks which Hollywood makes, watch this you wont be disappointed .

Trailer / Summary

Old 2010-02-22, 00:34   Link #122
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

That was Finding Nemo, Little Nemo is completely different movie.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 02:31   Link #123
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
That was Finding Nemo, Little Nemo is completely different movie.
well shame on me than .

evan almighty is underrated
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 02:43   Link #124
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
I think The Matrix was one of those movies which just got labeled as another action flick. In reality it was one of the best sci fi as I have ever seen.

And Animatrix got to little exposure. It's sad it never got released on the cinemas.
What're you talking about? Every person I've met always told me how the first Matrix is one of the best movies ever made. They also told the difference with the other two. It won numerous awards back in the day, when Oscars and Golden Globes were actually worth something, and it marked the end of the golden age of movie-making. You can hardly say it's underrated.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 03:13   Link #125
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
It won numerous awards back in the day, when Oscars and Golden Globes were actually worth something, and it marked the end of the golden age of movie-making.
There is something ridiculously silly about this. "The Matrix" marked the end of the "golden age of movie-making"? For a brief Film 101 comment, The "Golden Age" ended back in 1945-1948 for America, and ended in Asia sometime around 1960. Despite your appreciation for the film, "The Matrix" represented nothing truly unique or epoch changing in America cinema (it is mostly remembered for it's "bullet-time" technique), it was quite literally simply another special effects driven action/sci-fi film with a repackaged storyline and characters from several 70s sci-fi films and books (not to mention the multiple Asian films that were ripped off, as well as the Spaghetti Westerns, etc). (To add insult to injury , I will say that "The Matrix" received several technical awards that it probably shouldn't have, specifically beating "Star Wars I" in Sound Mixing and Editing when "The Matrix" didn't even compare to "Star Wars" (note, I am not claiming that "Star Wars I" is a better film, "The Matrix" is clearly better (then again, that isn't very hard), but the use of sound in "Star War I" was nigh on revolutionary for its time and drastically pushed the Dolby experience into new fields).)

Honestly, there is no real difference between the Hollywood films made in 1999 (when "The Matrix" was released) and 2009 (2010 has just started, so there is no real point in talking about the year yet). Now if you wish to discuss the indie scene, as well as the massively powerful emerging foreign market in Hollywood, then you would find much evidence of change (all for the better though).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-02-22 at 10:09. Reason: lol, I randomly had the word quiche inserted in my text :)...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 03:46   Link #126
Rahan

Matrix is essentially Dark City with better action scenes anyway.

I won't say it's a complete ripoff because Dark City wasn't released long before Matrix, so Matrix's concept existed before the Wachowski brothers heard of Dark City.
However, it's obvious the Wachowski brothers were "inspired" by the movie that was shot right before theirs. (Matrix was filmed shortly after Dark City in the same studio and even reused some of the sets, making the similarities between the two movies even more blatant)

So yeah, this is my contribution to this thread (favorite underrated movie): Dark City.
Matrix with Jack Bauer, but without slow motion kung fu or bullet time.

I also love Gattaca, which I think is the most intelligent SF movie ever made.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 02:40   Link #127
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Most people would probably find this movie incredibly hilarious or incredibly offensive or both. For me, one thing was certain, it may have been one of the best movies I've seen in my life. No joke.

Hyped in the Internet, but had very little promotion otherwise. I think the viewers are watching from a straightforward standpoint would be the group that would likely find it more offensive than those who know the background of what is being parodied (70s Blackploitation movies), since some of the jokes and homages would likely go over their heads.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote