AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-19, 20:06   Link #1061
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

How long does it take to tune Wien's piano?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 20:12   Link #1062
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
How long does it take to tune Wien's piano?
Tuning a piano that hasn't been used in who knows how many years can take upwards of several hour if its regularly tuned but much, much longer if it hasn't been used or tuned in a long time. I tune my piano four times a year on the season/temperature changes, and it takes about two hours.

A pro would probably be able to tune that piano in two or so hours, kids in high school who have probably never tuned a piano before (maybe Wakana has?) it could take them half a day.
Old 2012-08-19, 20:50   Link #1063
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I also loved how the episode played out Konatsu's mistaken guess at what was bothering Sawa. That was such a funny scene on the train!

Konatsu: I know you'll find somebody who loves and treasures you someday, Sawa. Until then, if you need somebody to hold, you can hold me!
I'm not one for these kind of things but that scene just made me go all Mugi-vision* on those two. And Wakana seems to agree with me

All throught the episode I had this feeling that Wakana is completely up in the clouds now that she has come to terms with her issue and it just made her a very lovely young girl. She might even break down the cold heart of the Vice-principal and turn her into an ally instead of an enemy if this keeps up. I'm guessing she does take after her mother after all.

Also I'm very happy to report that Wein keeps having some minor hints of character development which is good. The way he reacted when Batominton-kun asked for the Red Super Sentai lookalike coupled with the next episode preview shows some promise. The show isn't 100% gender neutral yet but with the apparent Wein character development getting setup and the second awesome father showing his chops it's an awful lot better than most.

Keep it up Tari Tari, you're slowing building up to be one of my top picks this season.

*Mugi-vision aka Yuri Googles
Old 2012-08-19, 21:30   Link #1064
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Another awesome and heart warming episode from tari tari . I loved it. Both cried and laughed a ton. I think this was by far the funniest episode thus far.

Very good episode. Every one in this episode were awesome.

Tari Tari is becoming one of my favorite anime.
Old 2012-08-19, 22:27   Link #1065
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep8:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 23:01   Link #1066
deadite

there's a theory going around that Chairman is Wein's dad.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 00:12   Link #1067
webkid94
*Author

I'm surprised yet again with Tari Tari: I honestly thought Sawa would get another episode but it looks like it's ending here. HOLY CRAP Wien you're living the rich life, good to see more Wien especially when he freaked out over the sentai doll.

That Chairman guy is a bigger dick than the VP, if that guy is Wien's dad I feel sorry for his mom. Treating Colonel Sanders the President like that was so rude! I'm glad things aren't going as I envision it in this series, it's proving to be one of the better summer shows.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 01:01   Link #1068
Sphire

Spoiler for Ep 8 spoiler thoughts:
Old 2012-08-20, 03:56   Link #1069
Blaat

The non-Sawa parts were great the Sawa parts itself not so much but I think that has something to do with the fact I really couldn't care less about her. It is great to another good father figure in this (two in one show, must be a record for recent anime) It looks like next week's episode might be focused on Maeda Wien but I mustn't get my hopes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
there's a theory going around that Chairman is Wein's dad.
I have to bust that theory, the voice of presumably Wien's father in episode one is completely different than the voice of the chairman.

Also P.A. Works I'm still waiting for the HSI reference.
Old 2012-08-20, 04:12   Link #1070
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

eh if this episode is suppose to be a conclusion of Sawa's arc then its pretty weak. Also this episode in my mind confirms there won't be any romance in this show at least not with Sawa/Tanaka.
Old 2012-08-20, 04:23   Link #1071
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, at this point, even I have to admit that romance in this show is extremely unlikely. Even the subtler one-on-one moments haven't been there for awhile now (i.e. moments between Wakana and Wien, or moments between Sawa and Tanaka).

You might see some hints of romance occurring in the post-anime future for these characters (i.e. you might get some cute scenes between various pairs of characters in the last episode), but I don't think there's enough time left to get a serious romance off the ground and fully develop it within the anime itself.
Old 2012-08-20, 06:25   Link #1072
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Spoiler for Ep 8 spoiler thoughts:
I think what happened with Sawa's dad is just a mix of pride and worry for his child. He loves Sawa as the good dad that he is but he's not going to look weak directly to hear and is going to keep pushing her to do the "safe" thing. That doesn't preclude him, however, from hoping her daughter gets to see her dream come true and help her with that. It's a nice little dilemma thrown in to show he's actually a very caring father that's doing his best to be strict for his daughters sake. And that little scene with Sawa saying she won't apologize just helps to show that she's as prideful as her father.

It wasn't perfect but it was a nice take on the concept imho.
Old 2012-08-20, 07:13   Link #1073
ookamigirl

There goes Sawa's dream...
Equestrian school, huh?
Her dad wasn't helping with all the negative talk.
She needs to face the facts and find a new dream or a variation of the old one.
Now even their club lost a place to practice.
Things really aren't going well..
That vice principal sure is making them jump through hoops!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 07:21   Link #1074
hai_san

Aww another very excellent ep from Tari Tari, no heart rending drama but still very good and entertaining. The Fathers from Tari Tari are all over the top... but still in the end doting their children/daughters to no ends, well yea if i had a daughter like Sawa i would do the same...

2 funny lines in this ep, Konatsu "confession"/try to consoled Sawa and Wien's lyric "The light of hope burn bright forever because you are a hero"
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 09:14   Link #1075
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Great episode. Tari Tari is striking a good balance between drama and comedy. Konatsu and Wien were hilarious in this episode, while Wakana and Sawa provided good drama. There was even a crowning moment of awesome with Sawa riding her horse to make it in time for the audition.

I expected Sawa to get another episode since even though she's snapped out of her depression, her issues haven't really been solved yet. I guess we'll have to wait for the final episode to know which path she has chosen. Oh, and her dad is definitely a cool dad.
Old 2012-08-20, 09:56   Link #1076
satomianzaki

another great episode for tari tari...
the whole crew is cool and wakana is so awesome this episode...

i'm also interested about wien's background...
hope we'll see more from him in the coming episodes...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 10:11   Link #1077
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... just as I suspected, ms vice principal still feels burned by Sawa's mom leaving her 'behind'. Probably the reason why she scratched out the names on the music sheet used by the club before.

As for Sawa, she gotta look at the big picture. Being a jockey isn't the only profession in which deals with horses.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 10:46   Link #1078
sikvod00

Wakana is undoubtedly the Vice Principal's number one weakness (the principal is next), and for obvious reasons. It's kind of hard to be a hard-ass in front of the child of the person that made you who are.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 11:01   Link #1079
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I think what happened with Sawa's dad is just a mix of pride and worry for his child. He loves Sawa as the good dad that he is but he's not going to look weak directly to hear and is going to keep pushing her to do the "safe" thing. That doesn't preclude him, however, from hoping her daughter gets to see her dream come true and help her with that. It's a nice little dilemma thrown in to show he's actually a very caring father that's doing his best to be strict for his daughters sake. And that little scene with Sawa saying she won't apologize just helps to show that she's as prideful as her father.

It wasn't perfect but it was a nice take on the concept imho.
I just personally felt it was too sudden of a 180 degree turn in character. I don't have a problem accepting that he loves his daughter, or that he could come to accept her dreams, it just didn't flow well in terms of storytelling (for me at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
eh if this episode is suppose to be a conclusion of Sawa's arc then its pretty weak. Also this episode in my mind confirms there won't be any romance in this show at least not with Sawa/Tanaka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, at this point, even I have to admit that romance in this show is extremely unlikely. Even the subtler one-on-one moments haven't been there for awhile now (i.e. moments between Wakana and Wien, or moments between Sawa and Tanaka).

You might see some hints of romance occurring in the post-anime future for these characters (i.e. you might get some cute scenes between various pairs of characters in the last episode), but I don't think there's enough time left to get a serious romance off the ground and fully develop it within the anime itself.
Pfft, did you guys not notice how Sawa only started laughing when Tanaka started singing? His whole line about losing and coming back, obviously resonated with her. Super Taichi, solving problems weekly in one show or another.
Old 2012-08-20, 11:35   Link #1080
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think it should be repeated that Taichi - also an athlete - was the only one who spotted something was wrong with Sawa and expressed concern for her, and all he got for it was verbal abuse.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works