AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 21 26.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 17.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 35.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-26, 23:04   Link #41
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well.. that I can't wait for. It just seems so illogical that Ruka's gender changing would affect Moeka to be lab member again yet IBN5100 is still missing. Especially since aside from changing gender, Ruka seemed exactly like '' he '' always was.. It's gonna be sad though, I hate traps and I would prefer Ruka to be girl <.<
Old 2011-07-26, 23:39   Link #42
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well.. that I can't wait for. It just seems so illogical that Ruka's gender changing would affect Moeka to be lab member again yet IBN5100 is still missing. Especially since aside from changing gender, Ruka seemed exactly like '' he '' always was.. It's gonna be sad though, I hate traps and I would prefer Ruka to be girl <.<
I can't remember right now but, after Moeka's D-mail did the rest of the lab members remember her? Perhaps in the timelines where Ruka is a girl she also knew Moeka and that's how Moeka was introduced to the lab, that could be important (and that makes more sense than how a D-mail to Daru that Kurisu was murdered stopped her death and that was enough to make them change from the beta to alpha worldline).
Old 2011-07-26, 23:40   Link #43
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post

When Okabe said that D-mail has too many chaotic variables, it seems he is right. Look at Feyris' ending in the VN. Okabe sends a D-mail that tells Feyris' father to sell the rest of his PC collection instead of the IBN5100. This makes the divergence go even lower. All the lab members have never met him. The Future Lab doesn't even exist, which also means no time machine. Even though it seems he saved Mayuri in that ending, Okabe is alone in this world with Feyris.

By just changing one part of a D-mail, Okabe lands in a word line he is forever trapped in, for better or worse, depending on how you look at it.
Old 2011-07-26, 23:44   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for speculation:

Damn, that is depressing.
Speak for yourself!

Spoiler for Response:
Old 2011-07-27, 00:09   Link #45
GuiBleh

I loved this episode. Feyris x Okarin, Kurisu still alive, Mayuri dying just once hehe...
Old 2011-07-27, 01:55   Link #46
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, I would like to remind everybody that shooting down speculation can also be considered a spoiler. If you make a post saying something like:

"this is not gonna happen because I already played the game and know for sure"

Then you are pointing out people to potential spoilers. You are free to agree or disagree with any theory posted here, but please don't claim that is wrong just because you are familiar with the source material.
Old 2011-07-27, 06:12   Link #47
maplehurry

Quote:
I suppose we all know that there's no other option, but it just seems that she gave up too easily there. Sure, she likes Mayushii too, and in a way she knows that's what really happens, but when even Okarin is offering to look for another way...well, I suppose that's her character.
The obvious truth is that Feyris wanted Okarin to feel indebted to her.

Quote:
In regards to the lack of attempts for trying to save both the father and the IBN, remember that weird butterfly effects might happen, and in the end Okarin still might not receive the IBN or (as the earlier posted game ending showed) worse.

It's also somewhat... fascinating how his death kinda fits with the logic that nobody can be brought back to life by a worldline change. Feyris's father was brought back to life temporarily, but he was destined to get killed by Okarin again once Okarin reverts the timeline.
Didn't stop him from trying to save Mayuri.
Old 2011-07-27, 07:56   Link #48
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Another sad episode. Good to hear Feyris without her "nya nya".
I still can't believe she agreed.
Old 2011-07-27, 09:57   Link #49
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Did...Okarin "sleep" with Feyris this episode. I means hugging then blacking out with flashback, before coming the morning with the guy looked out the window. Let's just assume it is "yes"

S;G started to lose my interest after seeing what happened to Suzuha. So unless Okarin can stop SERN in the ending (which prevent Suzuha from being sent back) i am not gonna be so satisfied with what being offered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
That was depressing? What are you talking about? This is the best outcome possible, since everyone lives and time-travel never gets invented (assuming it was Kyouma's fault). Best part is that he ends up with cutest character, who is also filthy rich, and remembers all other timelines... what more is there to ask... oh! wait! I know the harem ending
Damn right. This should be the best outcome. Everyone live. He got a hot girl friend. And Suzuha probably will not be sent back since Ms Kurisu does not believe in time machine anyway (let alone invent it)

Most importantly the time machine is gone. And since if there is one thing Rika Furude taught us after Rei, that is a human should not play God. And that's exactly what Okarin finally achieved
Old 2011-07-27, 11:05   Link #50
Qikz

One thing I'm worried about, is if he's cancelling out all of the D-Mails, then what happens when he cancels his first one? Suzuha succesfully lands her time machine in the first episode before he sends the first mail, leading to I think Kurisu's death right? What changed inbetween the very first line where I'm guessing Suzuha killed Kurisu and the one where it crashed?

In the first episode, I went back and looked and you clearly see Suzuha in her soldier gear probably after just arriving. Would she have killed Kurisu for being the person who helped create SERN's time machine? Feyris' mail was quite sad really, her dad dying was the reason for moe culture coming to Akiba (something to do with her inheriting the shop or something?). Also, it seems somehow at the end of this episode Feyris remembers what happened with her and Okarin in the other timeline, does she having a reading steiner style ability like Okarin does, but it only works when she's reminded about something?

So much stuff to digest in this show, it owns so much.
Old 2011-07-27, 11:49   Link #51
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Too bad they cut out the whole rainet gaming sunglasses issue.
It would've been neat to see as an anime.

I wonder if they will animate the 'Feyris' ending in an OVA or something.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2011-07-27, 13:30   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Did...Okarin "sleep" with Feyris this episode.
Are you suggesting that Okarin took a ride on the Feyris Wheel?

Really bad pun, I know, but I couldn't resist.
Old 2011-07-27, 13:53   Link #53
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I think we have much more on her hands then trying to have any amusement park rides. This isn't Yosuga no Sora after all. But for a moment.

Anyhow, pretty good episode; I guess the chase by ominous bastards was a bit underwhelming compared to the rest. The conversation at the very end was great. =p

Just a secret we'll only know...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-27, 20:23   Link #54
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I can't remember right now but, after Moeka's D-mail did the rest of the lab members remember her? Perhaps in the timelines where Ruka is a girl she also knew Moeka and that's how Moeka was introduced to the lab, that could be important (and that makes more sense than how a D-mail to Daru that Kurisu was murdered stopped her death and that was enough to make them change from the beta to alpha worldline).
That's what happened, yes. Moeka sent her D-mail, and in the timeline after that one no one in the lab knew her or had ever met her. I believe when the timelines switched over to Ruka being female, the group somehow remembered Moeka because Okarin had introduced her at one point.

As for this episode, not much to say for the moment. It does seem like the relationship between Kurisu and Okarin is deepening to some extent, which makes sense since she's more or less been his lifeline in his attempts to save Mayuri. And while this episode wasn't as sad as the last one, I admit I cried when Feyris ultimately chose to give up her father if she knew it would save Mayuri.

Interesting, though, that like Okarin she remembered the timeline before her D-mail, though it didn't apparently extend to all of them, and the implication near the end that she still remembers. Is it possible for a person to have Reading Steiner for their D-mails and the effects those D-mails have on the timeline?
Old 2011-07-27, 22:44   Link #55
Jarmel

This is a very well written show. The VN must be absolutely amazing. The way they handle time travel is one of the best versions I've ever seen.

Also impressed that they're handling adult themes such as sex, suicide, and murder.
Old 2011-07-27, 22:49   Link #56
Midonin
Last Engage

But at the heart of it is a theme that's universal - friendship and family.
Old 2011-07-28, 05:45   Link #57
Wakan Tanka

2 people got Reading Steiner now, or something close to it.
Old 2011-07-28, 16:56   Link #58
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
2 people got Reading Steiner now, or something close to it.
Feyris's version seems to be different from Okarin's version, though. She only seems to specifically remember the changes she made to the timeline.
Old 2011-07-28, 21:21   Link #59
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Fuckin Faris taking it for the team. Gotta respect that.

and lol

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-29, 02:44   Link #60
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
This is a very well written show. The VN must be absolutely amazing. The way they handle time travel is one of the best versions I've ever seen.

Also impressed that they're handling adult themes such as sex, suicide, and murder.
Yeah. I've seen/played a lot of other shows/games dealing with time travel (Heroes/Prince of Persia) and this series explains really well the actual concept of time travel, the consequences of traveling through time or changing certain events in the past. It shoots down the theory that time is like a river. Prince of Persia touched on it when the price denied the fact it was like a river, but instead saying it's more like an ocean. S;G pretty much shows how that can be the case considering changing one event in the past can lead to a nearly infinite number of other possibilities/consequences. It really is well made.
Closed Thread