AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-19, 08:02   Link #81
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
I dunno why Ami would be a match to Ryuuji since their personalities are polar opposites.
Well you can watch the episode 12 to understand what her 'romance' is. It is bit different when that one one we think when we hear romance. But maybe because of that she and Ryuuji would make the best pair. Though this romance looks like it will be melancholic smile from close but not too close, from far, but not too far.

Minori on the other hand is probably the only girl that doesn't match Ryuuji at all. Despite the possible future developments.
Old 2008-12-19, 17:06   Link #82
arriana-corr
UtterNutter4LurpakButter

I've been thinking of Minorin as a crazy hyper not very deeply developed interwoven to the plot character... But now as the episode go on the plot is beginning to unravel even more... OooOOh I looooove it. <33333

And, episode 12, The Argument, bliss... Minorin, knows something, that Taiga + Ryuuji don't... But I think I do. ^^ .

Minorin is showing some deep friendship with Taiga here... But at the beginning of the anime, the way Minori chan was displaying friendship I always saw it as a very caring/understanding / I know things about you that no one else will understand type thing... You know like, how come some one like Minorin is her friend and no one else was... I know Minori can seem crazy and a bit detached from life, but I think she;s a bit like me... And I like her even more now.

And this anime is moving its way higher and stronger in place of the best...Anime eVER! >,<
Old 2008-12-20, 12:09   Link #83
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by arriana-corr View Post
Minorin is showing some deep friendship with Taiga here... But at the beginning of the anime, the way Minori chan was displaying friendship I always saw it as a very caring/understanding / I know things about you that no one else will understand type thing... You know like, how come some one like Minorin is her friend and no one else was... I know Minori can seem crazy and a bit detached from life, but I think she;s a bit like me... And I like her even more now.
Yeah I agree. How Taiga managed to get a great friend like Minori is completely beyond me. Not to say that she doesn't deserve Minori as a friend, but I think she should really appreciate it cos' without her, I guess she would have became an emotional wreck on Ep1 already.

Caring, Diligent and slightly crazy. What I would give to have someone like Minori as a friend...
Old 2008-12-20, 13:27   Link #84
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Yeah I agree. How Taiga managed to get a great friend like Minori is completely beyond me. Not to say that she doesn't deserve Minori as a friend, but I think she should really appreciate it cos' without her, I guess she would have became an emotional wreck on Ep1 already.

Caring, Diligent and slightly crazy. What I would give to have someone like Minori as a friend...
I'm constantly curious about it too...does Minori just not hate anyone or what? I just hope though that we get more scenes with Taiga and Minori since it feels like Minori is used too much as a romantic target. Yuusaku and Ryuuji have some interaction at least.

But I still wonder about Minori and the whole issue with Taiga's dad. I believe all of the hatred towards him would make sense, if it was something so horrible that it should not be uttered. (Where a felony was involved)
Old 2008-12-21, 11:58   Link #85
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I think episode 12 is a good progress on Ryuuji's relationship with Minori
Back on episode 10, Ami said that "you can't become equal through admiration alone".

After everything that's happened so far, I think Ryuuji now knows more about Minori's personality than just simply admiring her. Although it's bad that he got into a fight with her in the process...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
I'm constantly curious about it too...does Minori just not hate anyone or what? I just hope though that we get more scenes with Taiga and Minori since it feels like Minori is used too much as a romantic target. Yuusaku and Ryuuji have some interaction at least.
I hope there would be an episode with a flashback on how Minori and Taiga became friends.
Old 2008-12-21, 14:58   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well you can watch the episode 12 to understand what her 'romance' is. It is bit different when that one one we think when we hear romance. But maybe because of that she and Ryuuji would make the best pair. Though this romance looks like it will be melancholic smile from close but not too close, from far, but not too far.

Minori on the other hand is probably the only girl that doesn't match Ryuuji at all. Despite the possible future developments.
That tends to sync with my opinion at present: either Ami or Taiga... but Minorin's personality seems destined elsewhere.
Old 2008-12-24, 09:55   Link #87
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That tends to sync with my opinion at present: either Ami or Taiga... but Minorin's personality seems destined elsewhere.
Yeah, from what I gather...

Spoiler for Book 9:
Old 2008-12-26, 11:50   Link #88
arriana-corr
UtterNutter4LurpakButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post

^^ Finally after all my crazy/wacky Toradora! opinions, somebody else agrees with me. You're officially My Friendable; wistfulloner ^0^.

Haha, even though I think of myself of quite a Minorin... I doubt I'm QUITE.. as cheerful as her.. and Sporty?Never.... -.-'(Where does she get that energy from? Her + Ryuuji's final pelt of that race was quite something indeed.)

Yeah, a friend like Minori would be great... Somebody wacky, crazy yet, understanding and caring/knowledgeable in her own strange Minori way *w*

I just loved the emotion depicted in her teary face as she turned around before Ryuuji took her hand. I had to watch it three times. I like how Minori's character is developing more and more directions deeper and deeper, and the Ryuuji x Minori thing that I always thought quite un-stable before is proving to be... Magical.

But I still see Ryuuji ending up with Taiga. <3
Old 2008-12-26, 12:28   Link #89
wistfulloner

Hehe, to think that Minori's emotions have kept a low profile all the way until Ep12 and Ep13. Yes she's a good friend indeed, but sadly, in real life you would be hard pressed to find someone like her, let alone trying to get her attention from among the throngs of people clamoring over her.

A bit sad, if you look at it that way.
Old 2008-12-27, 00:19   Link #90
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Wasn't Minorin determined to do her best in succeeding at softball? That route would be a little different from the typical 'needing someone else'. Not that I wouldn't mind RyugiXMinorin. Just seems fans often push their own feelings to often into these stories.
Old 2008-12-27, 01:10   Link #91
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I can't stand Taiga's character. I'm so sick of Rie's Tsundere roles. I think Minorin is a better match for Ryuuji based on what I see in her qualities. To me Taiga is more like a friend for Ryuuji IMO.
Old 2008-12-27, 04:25   Link #92
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I can't stand Taiga's character. I'm so sick of Rie's Tsundere roles. I think Minorin is a better match for Ryuuji based on what I see in her qualities. To me Taiga is more like a friend for Ryuuji IMO.
What feels uncomfortable with Taiga and Ryuuji is that Taiga is basically dependant on him. It doesn't feel like a natural build up (For now atleast) because Taiga doesn't really understand how important he is to her lifestyle.
Old 2008-12-27, 04:43   Link #93
roan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
What feels uncomfortable with Taiga and Ryuuji is that Taiga is basically dependant on him. It doesn't feel like a natural build up (For now atleast) because Taiga doesn't really understand how important he is to her lifestyle.
Didn't she just realize that in this episode or actually.....even as far back as in the pool episodes? Maybe even the second episode where she ends up talking about how important Ryuuji is instead of focussing on her confession with Kitamura.

I agree with the dependant part though and that will eventally be addressed, or is going to start being addressed as a consequence of what happened here. That's part of the implication of the "I can live alone" line.

Last edited by roan; 2008-12-27 at 04:53.
Old 2008-12-27, 04:57   Link #94
Tiran86

She understands how important he is to her, she's just bad at expressing herself.
Old 2008-12-27, 07:30   Link #95
Mattelajn

Quote:
/Agreed
Old 2008-12-27, 08:54   Link #96
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-27, 09:16   Link #97
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Minori is a horrible match for Ryuuji. He would not be able to keep up with her for longer period of time.

Taiga or Ami are much more suited for him. Though i can't say I am in love with Taiga's character either, but you don't have to be genius to figure out that Minori/Ryuuji relationship would never last.
Old 2008-12-27, 10:48   Link #98
roan

I'm going to have to agree, although lately, I've been thinking they don't really have that awful compatability.

Though, a bit too many of the conversation moments Ryuuji has with Minori has stuff like Minori making some kind of reference and gag and Ryuuji going "???". Minori's like a big question mark to the guy.

And, typhonsetra, I somehow have the feeling that I'm going to be the only one that will answer that... Somebody else answer for a change.
Old 2008-12-27, 11:21   Link #99
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Minorin is also a closet otaku, and her idea of humor doesn't click with Ryuji either. All in all, Ryuji can't be himself around Minorin unlike with Taiga or Ami, it's like he puts on a faux face as well (although very little), which is why they are not that compatible.

roan: very little people here are able to read the novels that far as they rely on the translations, this was apparent from the get go. Though I can answer the question:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-27, 12:12   Link #100
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, drama