AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 52.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-09, 17:16   Link #61
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
But who knows right (Manga people do... But I don't want them telling me).
Actually, the manga stopped around the moment Ami was introduced at the restaurant. It's gotta LOOOONNG way to go before it reaches where the TV series is at now, maybe ~1.5 yrs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Did Horie just do a Wakamoto impression during her YuGiOh spoof? Wow.
I noticed that too, it was JUST like how he would have done it. His speaking style is just so unique, he's too awesome. And she was even more awesome for successfully imitating it.

It was mentioned before, but i'd like to reiterate that it was great when Ryuuji was able to tell that Ami wasn't feeling too good and even noticed it at school, despite Ami showing practically no signs of it as well as having very little interaction during that moment(at school). I didn't think he could discern her condition like that, and shows he's really come to understand her.

I also hypothesize that Sumire actually saw through Kitamura's "affection". He was probably just using Sumire as a stand-in for Taiga anyways.

Last edited by frubam; 2009-01-09 at 17:42.
Old 2009-01-09, 17:57   Link #62
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah finally out ! Great episode and funny !

Poor Ami ....
Minorin seems to feels something but not yet to Ryuji
Taiga lol Touche me
The president confess to Kitamura? Maybe . so Kitamura is thinking to her confess . what should he do .
But i think it will turn like , He will go out with her and Taiga will be mad and will end up with Ryuji .

Maybe in the end , Ryuji x Minorin and Taiga x Kitamura like the way they follow !
Old 2009-01-09, 18:07   Link #63
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I can easily see them going for an Ami end, especially with the development in this episode.

Which pisses me off. A lot. Because there's little to no chance they'll do it well.

Still, great episode as a whole. Taiga has some great lines, and she is starting to mellow out quite a bit around Ryuuji.

Minorin's Yugioh spoof was fscking awesome.
Old 2009-01-09, 18:36   Link #64
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I can easily see them going for an Ami end, especially with the development in this episode.

Which pisses me off. A lot. Because there's little to no chance they'll do it well.
Has been my source of concern over the past few weeks after Toradora started showing more improvement between Ami and Ryuuji... even if it's going to please most of us endlessly if that is going to happen, I can just praying over and over that they don't screw this up.

... I don't want to see another "They Changed It Now It Sucks" trope.

... I sense something between the lines of "Don't worry, that won't happen" to be heard of next.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-01-09, 18:41   Link #65
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Has been my source of concern over the past few weeks after Toradora started showing more improvement between Ami and Ryuuji... even if it's going to please most of us endlessly if that is going to happen.
Speak for y'self. But yeah, I'm worried too.

Quote:
I can just praying over and over that they don't screw this up.
You and me both. But for different reasons.
Old 2009-01-09, 19:29   Link #66
typhonsentra

I doubt that's why they're adding Ami material. More likely they felt her character doesn't have enough screen time/development in the upcoming storyline so they added some. The endings (Assuming they really close everything off by episode 25/ Volume 10) will reflect each other, whoever ends up with who.
Old 2009-01-09, 19:37   Link #67
thepik241

How closely does the anime follow the light novels?

Is there any differences in the story/characters/etc.?
Old 2009-01-09, 19:39   Link #68
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Episodes 3, 4 and 14 are not in the light novels. However, episode 3 and 14 are both loosely based off of novel material, and the characterization in episode 4 is spot-on.

Aside from several minor changes, and a slight lowering of both Ryuuji's libido and IQ score, no really major changes.
Old 2009-01-09, 20:04   Link #69
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I don't really mind you saying "libido goes down" but "IQ scores goes down" is somehow something to be heard of. Just how Ryuuji's IQ went down?

Old 2009-01-09, 20:06   Link #70
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I don't really mind you saying "libido goes down" but "IQ scores goes down" is somehow something to be heard of. Just how Ryuuji's IQ went down?
He seems dumber somehow. Not by much, but the larger focus on his thoughts in the novels make him look a bit more perceptive.
Old 2009-01-09, 20:10   Link #71
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Really? I guess he must had a tough time dealing with all 3 girls that even his IQ went down. But that doesn't change my awe towards his spoken lines to Ami: "helpless child".

Old 2009-01-09, 20:17   Link #72
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I really don't think that was intentional. He's just capable of saying the right thing at the right time without really noticing it.
Old 2009-01-09, 23:07   Link #73
typhonsentra

It's funny that they did that considering what JC did to poor Saitou.
Old 2009-01-10, 03:50   Link #74
Tiran86

I'd give it an 8/10, same as #3 and #4.

I'm a bit torn. While it was a good episode for character interaction and I liked how they tied in the volume 5 plot, as well foreshadowed and used stuff from volume 6, I rather enjoyed the spin-off chapter being from Kouta's point of view. We also got a bit more of Sumire's character in the spin-off than we did in this episode.

As of this episode, I'm fine with an anime original ending or an adaptation of however the novel will end. I think the writers working on Toradora seem to have the characters down pretty well and have shown themselves to be able to use the characters and inspiration from the novels to write good original episodes.
Old 2009-01-10, 05:38   Link #75
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Am I the only one that noticed that it was Kitamura that's trying to confess to the pres. when she interrupted him with the "we have to talk" bit? Its obvious she shot him down, which was why he was slouching depressed in front of the school.
Old 2009-01-10, 05:42   Link #76
Tiran86

No, I thought that was a great way to lead in to the events of volume 6 for the anime. They used the spin off from volume 2 as a good transitional episode.
Old 2009-01-10, 05:47   Link #77
satuross

awesome as always. 10/10. like most episodes of toradora deserves.
Old 2009-01-10, 05:48   Link #78
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Am I the only one that noticed that it was Kitamura that's trying to confess to the pres. when she interrupted him with the "we have to talk" bit? Its obvious she shot him down, which was why he was slouching depressed in front of the school.
No, I interpret that situation in the same way. Way back on their vacation at the beach, Ami mentioned something to Kitamura about the student council. Could be a hint that there's something going on.

I think Kitamura confessed because the pres. was about to leave the school, although I could be wrong.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-01-10 at 06:28.
Old 2009-01-10, 06:06   Link #79
satuross

NOOO...SP...SP...SP...SPPPPP SPOILERS PLEASE.!!

liddo-kun! please edit/delete your post. >.< dont ruin it for people.
Old 2009-01-10, 06:15   Link #80
Liddo-kun
is this so?

That scene at the beach (the time they went on vacation at Ami's beach house) is on a previous episode so I'm not spoiling anything.
About Kitamura confessing, it's only my opinion and not a proven fact so again I'm not spoiling anything there.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-01-10 at 06:31.
Closed Thread