Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-05, 19:47   Link #2101
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I just read the post by mg1942 if NK was going to declare war on Japan for shooting down their missile then instead of Japan doing it let the American do it. Never said I want Japan to burned down or implied it, all I was saying to prevent any risk of war Japan should let Americans to shoot it down in case of emergency.
Anyhow all did was just throw a half assed idea (quite bored right now), you don't really have take my post seriously.
It's easy to say when YOU're not being targeted by a missle in the near future, yes?
For some of us, this is NOT a joking matter, thank you.
Old 2009-04-05, 19:55   Link #2102
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's easy to say when YOU're not being targeted by a missle in the near future, yes?
For some of us, this is NOT a joking matter, thank you.
Well I apologize if you got offend, but I will say this I have a cousin living in Japan and most of my family is right at their backyard.
And to answer the question from the neg rep, if I was in Japan right now I would be damn happy as I would able to watch the new Mazinger as soon as possible . But seriously I wouldn't really worry about NK's missile, they are not going to attack anyone soon. All they are doing is crying out for attention.
Old 2009-04-05, 21:03   Link #2103
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
@Narona:

I'm sorry, do you want to take my freedom of getting completely wasted on alcohol on my own house, too?

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2009-04-05, 21:40   Link #2104
mg1942

Quote:
I just read the post by mg1942 if NK was going to declare war on Japan for shooting down their missile then instead of Japan doing it let the American do it.
I don't recall posting that.
Old 2009-04-05, 21:47   Link #2105
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
I don't recall posting that.
Quote:
I just read the post by mg1942 if NK was going to declare war on Japan for shooting down their missile then instead of Japan doing it let the American do it.
This part was the one that I meant
Old 2009-04-05, 21:55   Link #2106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

right... everyone needs to head to their respective corners for a brief breathing exercise moment. Please.
Old 2009-04-05, 22:56   Link #2107
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Well I apologize if you got offend, but I will say this I have a cousin living in Japan and most of my family is right at their backyard.
And to answer the question from the neg rep, if I was in Japan right now I would be damn happy as I would able to watch the new Mazinger as soon as possible . But seriously I wouldn't really worry about NK's missile, they are not going to attack anyone soon. All they are doing is crying out for attention.
North Korea is definitely not crying out for attention, they are not moving alone. Personally, I see it a little deep or perhaps, I am just calculating the possibilities. Every action North Korea makes now should be observed carefully along with how China and Russia are responding to the matter. Russia is currently negotiating an alliance with Cuba and Venezuela who are long time enemies of the United States, while China is also trying to bring down the US economy lately. If they sacrifice their multi-billion dollar purchase of American debts, the US will lose in this battle clearly. The US economy will definitely collapse but will China dare exchange that huge amount of money for it? Personally, I believe China has the guts to do it, especially if it means to expand their political influence in the world during an era in which the United States has diminishing influence and a failing economy. Russia can no longer rise to the time of USSR because it is now just a single nation, not a group of nations like the European Union.

If North Korea succeeds this "satellite" test of theirs, it may guarantee them leverage in the six-party talks with the backings of China and Russia (maybe) because this may also mean that North Korea has succeeded in firing long-range ballistic missiles, not mentioning the possibility of them being capable of making downsized nukes. This would pose as an imminient threat to Japan, as well as the Korean Peninsula and.. If they improve their distance targetting, whether it be the work of their own hardworking scientists or the help of their allied nation, North Korea may possibly be capable of launching both long-ranged missiles and nukes at the mainland of United States. Thus, North Korea cannot be left alone.

More importantly, this is just one issue of the few that are becoming increasingly clear. Since Japan, South Korea, and the United States chose not to intercept the missile of North Korea Sunday, it may prompt China and Russia to think that our alliance is weak. What happens if China and/or Russia decide to fire a long-range ballistic missile or a nuclear warhead in the name of testing it, will Japan, South Korea, and the United States remain silent about it? I mean.. We were unable to do anything about a mere North Korean ballistic missile, talking of the rising power China and the former superpower Russia. That would be serious!

Currently, Japan and the United States are planning to punish North Korea over their act of aggression despise international protest against their "satellite" testing by bringing them to the United Nations Security Council to have more severe sanctions placed on them. Even with the support of 3 veto-wielding nations in the United Nations, Japan cannot do much without the agreement of the other remaining veto-wielding nations who are in fact allies with North Korea. China is asking everybody to remain calm and show restraint when dealing with North Korea implying that they support North Korea's actions and that without their support, nothing can be done against North Korea. Russia, on the other hand is rather silent or perhaps to say, they are just going to do whatever benefits them in a cautious manner. Russia is no ally of China or North Korea but they are planning to do a joint military drill with China in the coming weeks.

Generally, the current situations indicates that North Korea has tested their ballistic missile and failed to succeed. Japan, South Korea, and the United States chose not to intercept it because too many people are afraid of having a war with the aggressors. However, due to opposition from China and Russia, the intended punishments for North Korean act of aggression will be futile. Thus, what will happen next....?
Old 2009-04-05, 23:02   Link #2108
Nosauz

Hahahaha, are you serious? China not buy American debts?? China would suffer in the end, leading to even more turmoil which could lead to a revolution. Why? The disparity between the poor and the rich in that country is insane. Corruption is at a high, people are constantly protesting so any more instability in the global economy which China has benefited from the most, is something that could tip the country into civil war or anarchy.
Old 2009-04-05, 23:03   Link #2109
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Is there really a mad leadership in North Korea that has the actual intentions to use those missiles? I don't think that is the case, especially when there are countries who can respond to its crazy acts in a timely manner. Though, this may allow Japan to start its own advanced military programs (if it hasn't started yet, because of past issues), and awaken the sleeping demons within that country, that are waiting for the right opportunity to arise. Anyways, since most likely there is nothing the other countries do, to stop North Korea's actions, other than criticizing them, it is better to just ignore. US and others have all the weapons necessary to counter North Korea if needed, so there should not be any worry for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Currently, Japan and the United States are planning to punish North Korea over their act of aggression despise international protest against their "satellite" testing by bringing them to the United Nations Security Council to have more severe sanctions placed on them.
Reminding me the support US shows towards Israel, and nothing happening at the end, in the Security Council. If China thinks similarly, I doubt anything will happen at the end, especially when US holds that kind of power on/with/regarding Israel. China can use North Korea for whatever purpose it has within the region, so, it is an advantageous situation for them. And as long as North Korea continues to stay within the limits imposed on them by those supporting countries, nothing can be done. And, I don't think that is unfair. Thisis a political situation US enjoys highly, if the situation favors its side.
Old 2009-04-05, 23:11   Link #2110
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Hahahaha, are you serious? China not buy American debts?? China would suffer in the end, leading to even more turmoil which could lead to a revolution. Why? The disparity between the poor and the rich in that country is insane. Corruption is at a high, people are constantly protesting so any more instability in the global economy which China has benefited from the most, is something that could tip the country into civil war or anarchy.
Seeing that the economy is already suffering as it is, the Chinese leaders may try their luck as either way the poor will revolt (and they already are). The United Sates economy might be destroyed, but at least nobody here is going to take over the government since we have so many resources (read: food) unlike China. I
Old 2009-04-05, 23:20   Link #2111
Nosauz

financial collapse for the U.S. would not be that bad, a restart, and getting back to the principals of the Constitution wouldn't be that bad. People's liberty has been what this country was founded to protect not their money, greed has taken over the nation and the power of freedom needs to be reasserted, of course I would prefer us to go back to the stone age but if it were to happen it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Old 2009-04-06, 00:58   Link #2112
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
financial collapse for the U.S. would not be that bad, a restart, and getting back to the principals of the Constitution wouldn't be that bad. People's liberty has been what this country was founded to protect not their money, greed has taken over the nation and the power of freedom needs to be reasserted, of course I would prefer us to go back to the stone age but if it were to happen it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Wait, what? Why would you want us to go back to the stone age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato
More importantly, this is just one issue of the few that are becoming increasingly clear. Since Japan, South Korea, and the United States chose not to intercept the missile of North Korea Sunday, it may prompt China and Russia to think that our alliance is weak. What happens if China and/or Russia decide to fire a long-range ballistic missile or a nuclear warhead in the name of testing it, will Japan, South Korea, and the United States remain silent about it? I mean.. We were unable to do anything about a mere North Korean ballistic missile, talking of the rising power China and the former superpower Russia. That would be serious!
They do test ballistic missiles. In fact Russia's been working on a new one to replace some of their older missiles. As for nuclear weapons, Russia and China both abide by the nuclear test ban treaty now. If they decide to violate it, the US would likely test a nuke in response. If you're talking about them actually using a nuclear weapon, look up mutally assured destruction. That's what would happen.
Old 2009-04-06, 01:35   Link #2113
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
I agree with the first part, but why to go back to the stone age?
Old 2009-04-06, 05:44   Link #2114
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
They do test ballistic missiles. In fact Russia's been working on a new one to replace some of their older missiles. As for nuclear weapons, Russia and China both abide by the nuclear test ban treaty now. If they decide to violate it, the US would likely test a nuke in response. If you're talking about them actually using a nuclear weapon, look up mutally assured destruction. That's what would happen.
They already did so. The TOPOL-M RT-2UTTH (please correct me if I got the name wrong.) It is designed to resist any form of Missile Defence Systems and it makes the Taepodong-2 look like a medieval age weapon.

Besides US STILL has their Davy Crocketts. Sending the 5th Rangers armed with 1 per squad (there is more than enough actually), a single company could turn North Korea into a wasteland.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-06, 06:38   Link #2115
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
They already did so. The TOPOL-M RT-2UTTH (please correct me if I got the name wrong.) It is designed to resist any form of Missile Defence Systems and it makes the Taepodong-2 look like a medieval age weapon.
That's probably the one I was thinking of. It's not fully deployed yet though I believe.

Quote:
Besides US STILL has their Davy Crocketts. Sending the 5th Rangers armed with 1 per squad (there is more than enough actually), a single company could turn North Korea into a wasteland.
The US might have the warheads still in storage someplace, but I'm pretty sure the guns themselves were scrapped. Not that they were the best idea the US ever had for deploying tactical nuclear weapons.
Old 2009-04-06, 06:56   Link #2116
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
That's probably the one I was thinking of. It's not fully deployed yet though I believe.

The US might have the warheads still in storage someplace, but I'm pretty sure the guns themselves were scrapped. Not that they were the best idea the US ever had for deploying tactical nuclear weapons.
The missile has already been deployed and can be launched from mobile launchers. It can also be fitted with 150kT MIRV warheads for cluster bomb effects. Deadly.

I seen a real recoilless rifle before (Carl Gustav 54mm, disabled with warhead removed). It is nothing more than a metal tube. Really. The ammo is a separate issue, so US could just make disposable 102mm or 155mm tubes for that purpose . Also National Parks had retired ones for avalanche control.

I never liked Kim when I first read about him. He has US$700,000 worth of Hennesys Cognac and an average North Korean earns US$900 PER YEAR.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-06, 07:30   Link #2117
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I agree with the first part, but why to go back to the stone age?
stone age for me would be the times when we didn't have internet... not really the "stone" age. Just most infrastructure would not be run at the levels they were before the economic collapse. Basically our daily lives would dramatically change and the convenience of life in the US would be more about day to day life and not about the rat race.

Sorry it was a bit confusing, sometimes I think, and just say stuff... sigh.
Old 2009-04-06, 19:22   Link #2118
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...TJOQ.DTL&tsp=1

The Obama administration is again invoking government secrecy in defending the Bush administration's wiretapping program, this time against a lawsuit by AT&T customers who claim federal agents illegally intercepted their phone calls and gained access to their records.

Disclosure of information sought by the customers, "which concerns how the United States seeks to detect and prevent terrorist attacks, would cause exceptionally grave harm to national security," Justice Department lawyers said in papers filed Friday in San Francisco
i love the change Obama brings that is different form Bush.
Old 2009-04-06, 21:38   Link #2119
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
North Korea is definitely not crying out for attention, they are not moving alone. Personally, I see it a little deep or perhaps, I am just calculating the possibilities. Every action North Korea makes now should be observed carefully along with how China and Russia are responding to the matter. Russia is currently negotiating an alliance with Cuba and Venezuela who are long time enemies of the United States, while China is also trying to bring down the US economy lately. If they sacrifice their multi-billion dollar purchase of American debts, the US will lose in this battle clearly. The US economy will definitely collapse but will China dare exchange that huge amount of money for it? Personally, I believe China has the guts to do it, especially if it means to expand their political influence in the world during an era in which the United States has diminishing influence and a failing economy. Russia can no longer rise to the time of USSR because it is now just a single nation, not a group of nations like the European Union.

If North Korea succeeds this "satellite" test of theirs, it may guarantee them leverage in the six-party talks with the backings of China and Russia (maybe) because this may also mean that North Korea has succeeded in firing long-range ballistic missiles, not mentioning the possibility of them being capable of making downsized nukes. This would pose as an imminient threat to Japan, as well as the Korean Peninsula and.. If they improve their distance targetting, whether it be the work of their own hardworking scientists or the help of their allied nation, North Korea may possibly be capable of launching both long-ranged missiles and nukes at the mainland of United States. Thus, North Korea cannot be left alone.

Currently, Japan and the United States are planning to punish North Korea over their act of aggression despise international protest against their "satellite" testing by bringing them to the United Nations Security Council to have more severe sanctions placed on them. Even with the support of 3 veto-wielding nations in the United Nations, Japan cannot do much without the agreement of the other remaining veto-wielding nations who are in fact allies with North Korea. China is asking everybody to remain calm and show restraint when dealing with North Korea implying that they support North Korea's actions and that without their support, nothing can be done against North Korea. Russia, on the other hand is rather silent or perhaps to say, they are just going to do whatever benefits them in a cautious manner. Russia is no ally of China or North Korea but they are planning to do a joint military drill with China in the coming weeks.

Generally, the current situations indicates that North Korea has tested their ballistic missile and failed to succeed. Japan, South Korea, and the United States chose not to intercept it because too many people are afraid of having a war with the aggressors. However, due to opposition from China and Russia, the intended punishments for North Korean act of aggression will be futile. Thus, what will happen next....?
I think you are just reading little too deep into this. I really doubt China want US's economy to fall nor do the Russians, to be honest I doubt any country would want one of the biggest and most influential economy to fall.
And China would never want any type of war in North Korea as it would lead to too many problems. And no country is really out to get the U.S nor are they trying to create some kind of uber plan to bring them down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i love the change Obama brings that is different form Bush.
Well from looking at it congress should be blamed as well for not changing the law. Well in the end politicians are all the same.
Old 2009-04-06, 21:43   Link #2120
Shadow Kira01

Obama to Muslim world: No US war with Islam

Although there is tension between the two worlds but there is definitely no reason why the United States would want to have a war with Islam when there are a third force that is trying to revert attention. However, I do not think mere words out of goodwill would be able to change the current situation suddenly but through time of mutual understanding, I am certain that the day will come in which the United States and Islam will be friendly with each other.

The least to say, a first step has been taken by Obama!
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international