Old 2006-10-03, 13:53   Link #41
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
oki just watched the raw...
8-10 mins of song...imo that is overkill >.<
i didnt find anything special with this start and it just bored me to hell...could also be the fact that i didnt understand wht was going on...something about a contract?
anyways ended up fast forwarding some of the parts cause i nearly fell asleep...but still i think ill give it 2 or so more ep before deciding to carry on or not seen as the drawing is really pretty
Well I haven't seen any but judging by current trends I think what they are going for is not a deep plot but just to be as cute and moe as possible. You see the way things are fashioned now really take a load off the script writers, but put a heavy load on voice actors and animators to work the moe. Big eyes, lots of smiles and some childish pouting, pretty girls and lots of high pitched genki voices aside from the one quiet flat-chested character who will always sit in the corner reading her book without making eye contact with anyone, and every fan of the show will drool over, because by god she's mysterious and HAWT. Just a guess.

Who's the quiet character in this one by the way?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 14:41   Link #42
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Who's the quiet character in this one by the way?
well its either she hasent appeared yet or there arent gona be one

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 16:09   Link #43
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Big eyes, lots of smiles and some childish pouting, pretty girls and lots of high pitched genki voices...
Well, yeah - it'd stand to reason, given the "idol" theme and all. I don't think anyone considering watching this show would be expecting deep political intrigue and intense action or anything. It is what it is: a light romantic drama with cute characters. At least it'd be pretty hard to claim you were mislead. If your favourite shows consist of nearly all popular, shounen fare, it stands to reason this wouldn't be a show for you. With over 40 new shows this season, I think we can accomodate the diversity in tastes.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 18:54   Link #44
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Although there might be some interesting bits the next episode, since the guy went out with one of the 12 girls. This might indicate the original 12 girls indeed have a role in this anime.

Also, two of the current girl's sisters are also part of the old 12 girls.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 05:25   Link #45
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Watched it already
Don't find it very entertaining
Song was so...so...

The Only good part was the end, when he's metting the mysterious girl who said him after he gave her the card that she's not interested to be a Star, To Sell her voice, her Passions, just for the Eyes and the Entertaining of The Fans... She just sang just for her and for anyone...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 18:02   Link #46
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I like this kind of show, and I liked episode 1. But episode 2 didn't really do it for me, despite the fact that the plot was advanced. Hopefully in the next epsiode we'll start to see how the girls interact, which must be the heart of the show, with all the great seiyuu involved. It's interesting to hear the reduced-moe version of Gotou Yuuko (the brown-haired one).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 14:26   Link #47
strangeness_dss
unstable

hmm...it's okay
strangeness_dss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 14:35   Link #48
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The first subbed episode is out. Go and download it
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 20:43   Link #49
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

An animated GIF that has a little fun with the art of Aoi Nishimata.

I believe I had one which included the Shuffle! crew, although I can't find it.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 01:54   Link #50
dojikyo

Not particularly impressed with the first episode. Heard a little of the first song --> skip, heard a little of the next song --> skip (please tell me if anything important happened during the songs) --> watched the rest. Sakaki's reason for singing provides something to look forward to but that is about it.

With the exception the Sakaki's song, the music was pretty bad. I'm not sure I liked the way the ending gives away 6 is the magic number just like Ruri said.

I have no problem with fanservice but do a better job if you going to throw that much out. Nothing in this matched Asa putting on blue jeans.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 02:20   Link #51
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Boohoo! I heard that the animation was done by Aoi Nishimata and I thought it might be an anime worth watching, but after the watching through the two songs scenes it got boring real fast. The end of the episode with the mysterious girl saying she sings to get revenge makes me just a little bit more interested in the anime...just a tiny bit.

One more thing, the songs aren't even good, imo.
Old 2006-10-12, 08:11   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Gotta admit, i really enjoyed the first episode. All of the songs (including the OP & ED) shall have me buying them, and so far the characters seem to shine just a lil' bit, yay for more Nishimata Aoi~

Edit: Time to see where my money is going..

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/Listups/anime/lovedol.html

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-10-12 at 08:40.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 08:36   Link #53
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Ooookay. When I first saw the OP I thought it was an ED
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-12, 09:09   Link #54
chrno_the_sinner

I liked this so far. I feel that the OP and ED should have switched places though.

It seems like it's going to be a relatively mindless show, which is good to have once in a while.

Of the songs played so far, I liked the ED in a generic sort of way and loved the song Sayaka sang near the end.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 09:21   Link #55
Cyz
"Show it to me"

American Idol...that's the first thought that came into my mind when the first few scenes pop up. So far, it was a good anime. Btw, I was just wondering why they were called "Lovedol"? For a singing group, they sure have a lot of members.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-12, 09:37   Link #56
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
American Idol...that's the first thought that came into my mind when the first few scenes pop up. So far, it was a good anime. Btw, I was just wondering why they were called "Lovedol"? For a singing group, they sure have a lot of members.
Lovedol (Rabudoru) = Lovely Idol (Raburi Idoru)

And large groups of singers isn't that rare in Japan. Look at Morning Musume or Akiba (or is it Akihabara) 48. Idol groups like the one in Lovedol appeal more to the otaku group anyways. Hence maid singing groups.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 09:59   Link #57
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner View Post
Lovedol (Rabudoru) = Lovely Idol (Raburi Idoru)

And large groups of singers isn't that rare in Japan. Look at Morning Musume or Akiba (or is it Akihabara) 48. Idol groups like the one in Lovedol appeal more to the otaku group anyways. Hence maid singing groups.
Oh I see I can see the reason why

--> I tried downloading the first ep. to see what it looked like. I must say, it was rather interesting. I thought the main casts are the first 2 batches but....no. Lol! and I see a what looks like an adult version of Primula The whole style resembles Soul Link in terms of character designs...then again, it was pretty nice. They all looked pretty, cute, and mature wrapped in one. Well, I think I'll stick around with this anime and see where this is going.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~

Last edited by Cyz; 2006-10-12 at 12:34.
Old 2006-10-12, 14:13   Link #58
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

A character named Nekoya who says "meow", that's just too funny.

Quote:
It seems like it's going to be a relatively mindless show, which is good to have once in a while.
True, this seems like "leave your brain at the door" type of show but it's not as if one should expect more after watching a bit of it. I hope it won't get too serious and angsty (this manager dude needs to relax a bit), it has some potential to fill the guilty pleasure sot among the series I will follow this season. The quality of music should improve, though. Also, the character designs makes them look a bit too similar to one another, so I can't tell remember who is who.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 19:53   Link #59
Cyz
"Show it to me"

When I looked at the first and second batches, they almost looked the same. Let's see, they both have an idol (Aya and Toko), a pair (Chocorat twins and the Piccolo girls), the seiyuus, and models. The only difference is the actress Mikoto and the enka singer Ayumi. They all seem to be famous or something before becoming a Lovedol. Anyway, I wonder what the third batch has to offer?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-13, 07:31   Link #60
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
I'm waiting for eps 2!! You guys think the girl(did she mention her name?), who showed up near the end of eps 1, would be the main character? Actually, would this be like Shuffle!? Another harem eh?
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, comedy, drama, enterbrain, idol, princess soft, romance, slice of life, tnk