AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-07-26, 19:47   Link #361
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkaichi View Post
But if you look at her (left) arm - that's a bendable joint typically seen in other figurines, right?
Resin kits can be engineered for articulation. So why not?
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 23:41   Link #362
Tenkaichi
Resign to your Fate...

Send a message via AIM to Tenkaichi
It could be either or then. I have no idea... just thought I'd point out the joint.

Courtesy of Ultima_Rasengan05
Tenkaichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 22:23   Link #363
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkaichi View Post
It could be either or then. I have no idea... just thought I'd point out the joint.
More vote is a resin personally... it seems to have some of the detail you'd find on resin kits, and you'd think that for an action figure the joint would look a bit... I don't know, cleaner or something.
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 00:09   Link #364
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Oh gawd. Now Movic is making a figure of Subaru. Screw them and their awful facial scuplts.

Fanboyism does not equate to stupidly spending my money on products of fail.
Old 2007-07-28, 04:59   Link #365
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Oh gawd. Now Movic is making a figure of Subaru. Screw them and their awful facial scuplts.
Ahhhh, so that's where some of (all maybe?) the movic hate has been coming from... I asked awhile back but no one answered why they hated movic lol I'll agree they aren't the most detailed i've seen, but i've seen worse too.

I'm interested where you heard they were making a Subaru though... I looked on their site and didn't see anything about it, and no pre-orders yet on any of the normal sites I use. Not that I'm likely to buy her, I'm not terribly fond of her char right now, decent but they could do so much more imo.

I wish a company would do a Hayate already... preferably Alter but just having something other then a Resin kit available would be nice. I wouldn't mind a Rein II full (1/1) scale figurine either... I mean she seems to be about the right size for a full (1/1) scale anyways! I'm getting close to just buying the resin kits that are available... but those are sooo expensive and then I have to buy the paint and such too... plus it probably would look better if it was done with one of those air brush things... which I don't have either lol.
Old 2007-07-28, 05:46   Link #366
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

It was a scan from, I believe, an issue of Megami I saw on 4chan.

*hopes for a battle-damaged Subaru from Alter*
Old 2007-07-28, 06:05   Link #367
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

If they're ever crazy enough, I'd like to see a Revoltech Subaru instead...

One can dream

Do we have a pic of the upcoming Movic Subaru, or just a mention?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 07:26   Link #368
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I would still get that Subaru figure no matter what company its made from.
Ever since episode 17, I have grown to like her character even more.
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Forwards crew are currently being made also.
I guess its just a mention. Anyone know if there will be Nanoha and Fate figurines being made as well?
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 08:04   Link #369
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
oooo, a Subaru figure would be very nice, i would definetly try and get my hands on one
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 20:29   Link #370
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6129235hu8.jpg

Said scan taken from Image thread.

Oh gawd I want the reclining yukata posters. Fate's Barrier Jacket wouldn't hurt as well
Old 2007-07-28, 20:50   Link #371
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

I want the rest of the items except the models. The DVD poster, the handphone cleaner, the rest of them ......
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 01:49   Link #372
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Anyone know if there will be Nanoha and Fate figurines being made as well?
They've been announced for awhile actually... in fact the Nanoha is supposed to be released in a few day, and Fate is set for Sept release. You seem to be in luck though, hlj is still taking preorders for both.

Nanoha
Fate

Quote:
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6129235hu8.jpg

Said scan taken from Image thread.

Oh gawd I want the reclining yukata posters. Fate's Barrier Jacket wouldn't hurt as well
hmmm, that subaru doesn't look half bad actually. Don't know if i'd buy it or not though. I still want to know why the high price difference between Signum and the rest though!

As for other merch from that scan... i'd love those yukata posters too. Though I don't think i'd want the barrier jackets... I wouldn't wear em (why would you really though? I mean maybe to cosplay but still), and would have no place to display them. The other stuff would be cool to have too, but those posters... yummy lol

Edit: I have a friend who speaks Japanese inform me that those yukata posters... well they aren't posters. According to him they are pillowcases for body pillows. Though he may have mistranslated somewhat, since hugging pillows are supposed to be a big item at the place they're being sold, which is something like Comic Market 72. I'd still like them though, though getting one would be hard I bet...

Last edited by Cynor; 2007-07-29 at 07:41.
Old 2007-07-29, 02:08   Link #373
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
hmmm, that subaru doesn't look half bad actually. Don't know if i'd buy it or not though. I still want to know why the high price difference between Signum and the rest though!
Different company, scale, blah blah.

But I'm not getting it even though it's Lamia, I mean, Signum. CMs products are a tad fail after the shit that was their Final Fusion Genesic GaoGaiGar and GaoFighGar.
Old 2007-07-29, 02:27   Link #374
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Different company, scale, blah blah.

But I'm not getting it even though it's Lamia, I mean, Signum. CMs products are a tad fail after the shit that was their Final Fusion Genesic GaoGaiGar and GaoFighGar.

yea, I figured it was just something like company... even though most 1/8th scales i've been seeing lately have been roughly the same price range even over multiple companies. Of course, I can't find her scale, and 1999.co.jp is saying 210mm estimated height. Both Nanoha and Fate are 200mm, and I thought she was close to their height in the anime so maybe she is 1/7th. Regardless, I don't like the way she looks so I wont buy her either.
Old 2007-07-29, 21:39   Link #375
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
They've been announced for awhile actually... in fact the Nanoha is supposed to be released in a few day, and Fate is set for Sept release. You seem to be in luck though, hlj is still taking preorders for both.

Nanoha
Fate

As for other merch from that scan... i'd love those yukata posters too. Though I don't think i'd want the barrier jackets... I wouldn't wear em (why would you really though? I mean maybe to cosplay but still), and would have no place to display them. The other stuff would be cool to have too, but those posters... yummy lol

Edit: I have a friend who speaks Japanese inform me that those yukata posters... well they aren't posters. According to him they are pillowcases for body pillows. Though he may have mistranslated somewhat, since hugging pillows are supposed to be a big item at the place they're being sold, which is something like Comic Market 72. I'd still like them though, though getting one would be hard I bet...
Sad to say, but it looks disappointing to me.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 04:07   Link #376
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:

Nanoha
Fate

Cool, thanks for the info.
The figures look great, and they're even making a Signum one also!
The Subaru figure looks good also.
hmmm...they're right at the $50 mark...hhmmm
I wonder if they'll be producing the other Forwards as well.
Old 2007-07-30, 08:32   Link #377
S_K
Let's begin!

Quote:

Nanoha
Fate
They look very nice!
Old 2007-07-30, 09:18   Link #378
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Cool, thanks for the info.
The figures look great, and they're even making a Signum one also!
The Subaru figure looks good also.
hmmm...they're right at the $50 mark...hhmmm
I wonder if they'll be producing the other Forwards as well.
While one would hope every main char will have a figurine eventually, I think they are making the Subaru one because she seems to be the main focus in the new OP sequence... so they're probably trying to sell her more or something. Just a guess though, but who knows in the end right? I'm still holding out for a Hayate and Rein though, I'd like those more then the other forwards personally.

There is a really big picture of the Nanoha one in the image thread from the StrikerS starter book. Here is a direct link to it also though.Also, I think the date has changed for Nanoha's release. I was checking on cdjapan and they list her as having a Aug 12th date now. Maybe Movic got more preorders then they thought and need more time to produce the figures lol.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2007-07-31, 07:47   Link #379
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
While one would hope every main char will have a figurine eventually, I think they are making the Subaru one because she seems to be the main focus in the new OP sequence... so they're probably trying to sell her more or something. Just a guess though, but who knows in the end right? I'm still holding out for a Hayate and Rein though, I'd like those more then the other forwards personally.

There is a really big picture of the Nanoha one in the image thread from the StrikerS starter book. Here is a direct link to it also though.Also, I think the date has changed for Nanoha's release. I was checking on cdjapan and they list her as having a Aug 12th date now. Maybe Movic got more preorders then they thought and need more time to produce the figures lol.
Thanks for the image link. I dont know how company brand can affect the quality of the figurines (Alter, Movic...etc) but nonetheless, the Nanoha figurine looks cool...I think I might consider getting one.
Yea Subaru has become the main focus in the new opening and into the story as well...I guess its just logical reason to make the characters that are mainly focused in the story than those who aren't. Business wise that is.
I'm just hoping that they will eventually make all of the Forwards.
Old 2007-07-31, 09:04   Link #380
S_K
Let's begin!

I'd really hope they make an Erio one, and then they make the Numbers!