AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-09, 08:37   Link #1
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Macross Ace Frontier

I just got this game, It is the nut high

Sheryl <3

im up for multiplayer once i get better
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 08:57   Link #2
Dingo
The polyphony

I bet it's as good as the anime huh....

: )
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 18:32   Link #3
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

well i just beat the entire game

omfg omfg omfg macross fanboygasm

Spoiler:

on a sidenote i have a fully powered up vf-19 that will take names and numbesr should you want to network play.
Old 2008-10-15, 09:13   Link #4
Vikitehwaffu

I just wish it had a Ranka vocal song in it, and that the frontier arc went past episode 14ish.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 09:17   Link #5
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

idk i was a sheryl shipper so i dont care

i just beat the last hidden mission, it was sooooo freaking hard

Spoiler:

anyone up for network play? house rules with 0 big boss units like glavil macross and no MDE/cluster bombs. theyre imba like crazy.

macross 7 firebomber guys are also pretty nuts, if theyre speaker pods connect and if they stay in the vicinity they do tremendous ridiculous damage. being allowed to upgrade units reload rate and speed of beam/bullet spamage is awesome/lol, i think 99% of guys i just kill by gerwalking and just strafing the buzzsaw cannon

<3 metal version of triangular
Old 2008-10-15, 10:31   Link #6
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes the main or greatest disappointment I had was actually the lack of Ranka, specifically Seikan Hikou. Especially since Fastest Delivery was there as a stage.

And the Extra stages are extremely easy, all you need is high/fully upgraded mech stats, 1 big hitting range attack and maxed out melee attack. I just untune all the missiles and upped Michel's VF-25's sniper rifle and melee.

All you need is to spam sniper rifle or big range attack(eg. Reactive missiles) while charging towards enemy swarms. In the swarm, spam melee attack, which kills any grunt in a single hit, even Destroid Monsters and Vajra(L).

When something big appears, say the 10 Gravil, line them up and instant kill 5 or so with a single Sniper Rifle special. The Sniper Rifle instant kills almost anything, even Gepelniti(Gepelnitch?). I'm not sure whether the Macross's die instantly since I like to melee them to death, they almost can't hit you at melee range even with that much missile spam.

With maxed out defense you can't possibly die in those stages, for safety just use the healing skill.

The only stage I can't clear seems to be Michel's Extra Stage on Frontier era. That's why I've been trying to level him on those Extra stages with his Valkyrie. I've gotten him to make mince meat of those extra stages but just can't clear his own. Those Vajra are overpowered, even with max defence they can kill you in a single missile spam or mega beam.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 12:21   Link #7
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

yeah i just leveled up his main sniper rifle to max power and i got through it fairly easy

the newest challenge though

try playing the free mission ad hoc ones vs the single fighters/units

those are insanely hard because they reduce your damage like 99%

i had me +3 pilots all perfect stats with fully upped vf25S and i prob dented 1/5 of roy fockers hitpoints.

melee really? i guess none of the guys i use have special melee so i just detune melee to zero and put it all into cluster missles and buzz saw gun.

the nol ger and queddlun rau are somewhat dissapointing, you pretty much have to go into mecha mode if you want to hit dogshit.

and melee spam lol, i just gerwalk in circles with the cannon.

i hate the MDE/reflex weapons way overpowered plus they have that disable effect which is kind of cheesy if i was to play network.

i could use help with the special abilities, i cant read japanese so i dont know what they do. ive just used the default one. and i unlocked all of them. oddly enough i havent unlocked the vf-27, is it very tunable? (assume so)
Old 2008-10-21, 04:12   Link #8
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hmmm, I normally use either my YF-21 or VF-25S and go one of two routes: high speed run and gun with the gunpod in GERWALK mode, boom and zoom with Missile RS salvos, or I use the multimissile special attack (I have no idea how to use pilot skills).

I normally tend to max out my VF stats and detune everything else except for RS missiles and the gunpod. Ozma's gunpod, while having a lower rate of fire than Alto or Luca's gunpods, is nonetheless more powerful, and the burst fire does mirror his shooting style...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote