AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-13, 13:50   Link #3021
Marion
The Great Dine

Umineko on the DS is very difficult - I think you mean Umineko on the PSP.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 13:54   Link #3022
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floofeh View Post
I had a few questions regarding the new stuff coming out soon (episode 6, patch of episode 5...)

Will episode 5 come out as 5+6 together? And if so, will the episode 5 patch work on the game that contains 5+6?
As a tradition with the When They Cry series, each newly released game will include the previous arcs of the same kind. So yes, Episode 6 will have 5 bundled with it.

As for a patch, depending how Ryukishi change the coding compared to Episode 5, the time required for a ep6 compatible version will vary. But yes, we plan to release a ep5 patch for Ep6 game.
Old 2009-12-13, 14:12   Link #3023
ameskitty
Kupo

There is a script out there that will convert a working, English-patched Umineko installation into a vnds-compatible package, but getting homebrew things (aka vnds) running on the DS is a little complicated. IIRC it involves buying some custom hardware and having an SD slot on your computer.

I haven't personally tried running anything homebrew on the DS but I've heard of the vnds project, so if you're willing to do the research on how to get it running on an actual DS here's a link: http://weeaboo.nl/projects.php?project=1

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 14:29   Link #3024
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
I tried converting my Umineko to DS the other day, it plays, but it freezes after a minute. So I gave up.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 15:09   Link #3025
Celly

Send a message via MSN to Celly
Um so, hi everyone 8D

My friend is having issues with playing Umineko. In EP2, it would crash for her right after the George/SHannon scene/clock hit nine. I solved it by changing the text speed, but for some reason she can't : x
and now for EP3, it crashes after the scene with Virgillia and Beatrice's battle, and the clock turns to 6. She tried fiddling with it to see if it was the files that was the problem, but now it says that she can't play because it's not installed properly.

Help would be very appriciated ;xx;
And if it helps, she has an XP.
Celly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 16:17   Link #3026
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celly View Post
Um so, hi everyone 8D

My friend is having issues with playing Umineko. In EP2, it would crash for her right after the George/SHannon scene/clock hit nine. I solved it by changing the text speed, but for some reason she can't : x
and now for EP3, it crashes after the scene with Virgillia and Beatrice's battle, and the clock turns to 6. She tried fiddling with it to see if it was the files that was the problem, but now it says that she can't play because it's not installed properly.

Help would be very appriciated ;xx;
And if it helps, she has an XP.
Reinstall.
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 17:12   Link #3027
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinseiTom View Post

Yeah, this error? I thought I had only gotten this error once, but now that I've tried a few more things, it's popping up all the time. Even though the SE still plays, both 4 and 5 crash as soon as this pops up. It does this on XP (x32) and Win7 (x64) for me.

Sorry, I don't have a tweak for this. Maybe Nadeor knows something?
Look at the error message closely and you will see that it's telling you a file cannot be found/opened
The file name was in jiberish, so something must have happened during the installation

Try:
1) Reinstalling EP4/5, and repatch'em (Judging from the error message I'd say that the EP4/5's original file was installed correctly, but just to be safe, re-install them all: IN APPLOCALE!)
2) Applocale is the best thing ever invented for VN and Galgame players, run everything Japanese related in Applocale!
3) Make sure all the BGMs and SEs have correct names, by this I meant names that are not in Jiberish. It would help if someone can post a list of all the BGMs and their file names.

Alert to VISTA users:
According to 前原k1, the head of MMR, 90% of VISTA users will have problems with EP5 patch. To fix'em, apply to the following procedure
Quote:
1: Install your EP5 from your CD-ROM
2: Right click CD Drive -> Explore, go into the BGM folder inside the CD-ROM and copy the following into your BGM folder of the Already-installed EP5 in your computer:
黄金の影修正版(ラック眼力).ogg
隣死 mu.ogg
誘い.ogg3
螺旋_Choir.ogg
And if you still cannot run the game normally after applying the above procedures
Read the following. If error still pops up, PM me or reply.

Quote:
1) If an error message popped up with '.wav', '.ogg' file errors in there, check your BGM and SE folder. See if any files were named by retarded jiberish. (If you are too white to tell (lolz), have an asian classmate (preferrably Japanese, Korean or Chinese, since the languages all involve Kanji) come and check it out for you. If they can't tell what the hell it's saying, then it's jiberish)

1.5) If no jiberish was found and yet, the game still cannot progress normally, copy the BGM and SE folders from your CD Drive (Apply the steps from the above quote) to your EP5 folder

2) Save files cannot be shared between the original Japanese and the patched versions. Make sure that there's a 'Screenshot' folder in your EP5 folder, AND delete "envdata", "gloval.sav", "savexxx.dat" (xxx stands for numbers)

3) Don't be stupid and patch the EP5 patch to EP3...

4) If an error occured while unzipping, refer to WinRAR's built-in tools to fix it

5) To be 100% sure that nothing goes wrong while installing the EP5 original file, DON'T Install! Have someone who you know have already successfully installed EP5 send over their file to you.

6) If you cannot execute EP5 patch/Original File, Task Manager -> Terminate "海猫鸣泣之时EP5.exe" Process (or something like that in chinese). Rename your EXE file to some English name and check if there's any character in your directory that's NOT in English to your EP5.

7) For those who have no error message popped up, simply crashes or stuck in one place: Upgrade your sound card system.
And that's all for now
If you have any chinese-patch related errors, please leave your problem in the following thread: http://bbs.acgol.cn/viewthread.php?tid=18762 (If you cannot write in Chinese, leave'em in English and adress them to "To 那迪奥尔", which is my board name so they know who to call for), since I'm not sure if the mods here would appreciate a discussion of patches from other languages

Best luck with EP5
~Nadeor
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 20:50   Link #3028
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

That's sad... I only have Vista.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 21:26   Link #3029
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Hello everyone. :3 I'm glad to be part of the forum and participate in the Umineko section. I really love the series ( especially Kanon X Jessica ohoho~), and i am the person that my friend mentioned regarding this post:

[QUOTE = Celly; 2819201]Um so, hi everyone 8D

My friend is having issues with playing Umineko. In EP2, it would crash for her right after the George / SHannon scene / clock hit nine. I solved it by changing the text speed, but for some reason she can't: x

Help would be very appriciated; xx;
And if it helps, she has an XP.[/ QUOTE]

I fixed the problem of the reinstalling, and everything is better, except for my game freezing awhen the clock turns 6 as said in my friend's post above, as well in ep 2 after the George & Shannon scene. Can anyone please help me? What can I do to get past this? I really love playing Umineko all day and I really want to be able to play more, but until I can solve these errors I will have the worry of my game freezing whenever the time changes. Thank you in advance!
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 22:18   Link #3030
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

I dont really wanna search thru the thread for the awnser even tho i know itd be ther... anyways i just got windows 7 and wen i try to run umineko ep4 it givs me the missing music files glitch, un-patched works fine tho. no idea how to get it working >< figure ill just hav to reinstall but then id lose my save data T_T
Old 2009-12-13, 22:25   Link #3031
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

BTW
Umineko EP1 - Legend of the Golden Witch in word document format. Im planning on binding it into a book just for the sake of having it

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-12-14 at 01:40. Reason: link removed
Kishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 22:55   Link #3032
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
I dont really wanna search thru the thread for the awnser even tho i know itd be ther... anyways i just got windows 7 and wen i try to run umineko ep4 it givs me the missing music files glitch, un-patched works fine tho. no idea how to get it working >< figure ill just hav to reinstall but then id lose my save data T_T
Refer to my post on this page a while earlier
Old 2009-12-13, 23:04   Link #3033
Bocom
Rare postage

Quote:
BTW
Umineko EP1 - Legend of the Golden Witch in word document format. Im planning on binding it into a book just for the sake of having it
I would rather get the real novelizations, seeing how they are adapted for that format. Of course, they're not in English, but still. :P

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-12-14 at 01:38.
Bocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 00:48   Link #3034
n337

I installed windows 7 today and decided to move my umineko folder to an external hard drive.
I thought the save states where saved inside "global.sav", but when I start it, none of my save states are there.

I did install it on a different partition, so the files needed are still somewhere in my hard drive.
Can anyone help me with this? :\
(sorry if this is the wrong place to post this)

Edit: Fixed it.

Last edited by n337; 2009-12-14 at 09:15.
n337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 01:26   Link #3035
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
BTW
While I can understand the reason why this document was created, I would like you to take down this file from Megaupload ASAP.

Although our situation isn't all legitimate (since we are on the edge of piracy here), providing such kind of document is basically the same as offering the whole decrypted script on the web. Sure, this is the demo we are talking about, but this is the open door for more of this, which is hardly what we want (Of course, we know that anyone who did a little research won't have trouble to find the tools to decrypt the scrypt themselves, but generally speaking, any extra research is a bother for most of them).

Furthermore, we did this translation for the sole purpose of providing people a translation to a SOUND NOVEL.
By this definition, we believe that having the text only is not only unpractical, but also takes down the purpose of the VN itself, as you will miss a lot of things (characters expressions etc).
Furthermore, I can't imagine the number of retcon to do if we were to edit our patch.

For all intents and purpose, we wish to have our translation used within the purpose we had set it for.

My apologies for removing the link (that isn't enough, but it is a preemptive solution, before the deletion of the said file). Although I can notice that a lot of efforts was needed to put Umineko in this format, it is really not what we wished for. Even if credits were given, I really can't expect any "good" thing in the future if this transcription becomes a trend for the whole franchise.
Thus, as owners of this translation, I believe we have the right to refuse such transcription.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-12-14 at 01:47.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 08:50   Link #3036
Bocom
Rare postage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
While I can understand the reason why this document was created, I would like you to take down this file from Megaupload ASAP.

Although our situation isn't all legitimate (since we are on the edge of piracy here), providing such kind of document is basically the same as offering the whole decrypted script on the web. Sure, this is the demo we are talking about, but this is the open door for more of this, which is hardly what we want (Of course, we know that anyone who did a little research won't have trouble to find the tools to decrypt the scrypt themselves, but generally speaking, any extra research is a bother for most of them).

Furthermore, we did this translation for the sole purpose of providing people a translation to a SOUND NOVEL.
By this definition, we believe that having the text only is not only unpractical, but also takes down the purpose of the VN itself, as you will miss a lot of things (characters expressions etc).
Furthermore, I can't imagine the number of retcon to do if we were to edit our patch.

For all intents and purpose, we wish to have our translation used within the purpose we had set it for.

My apologies for removing the link (that isn't enough, but it is a preemptive solution, before the deletion of the said file). Although I can notice that a lot of efforts was needed to put Umineko in this format, it is really not what we wished for. Even if credits were given, I really can't expect any "good" thing in the future if this transcription becomes a trend for the whole franchise.
Thus, as owners of this translation, I believe we have the right to refuse such transcription.
Perfectly understandable, and I do not mind that you edited my post to remove the link.

I wish that the Kodansha BOX Higurashi and Umineko novelizations would get an official English release. It would mean that we would get the official novelizations made by Ryuukishi07 himself, adapted to the format properly.
Bocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 15:09   Link #3037
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Alright sorry for that, knew ep2-5 would be problematic but thought ep1 might be ok. did it more for myself and the sake of having it than to spread around but figured someone might want it and since id have it might as well let other ppl have a chance to get it of course all rights are witch-hunts and ryukishi07s so if its unwanted ill (and any1 who downloaded prior to deletion) just hang on to the file for myself but not spread it.

now off to figure out how to delete from megaupload...
Edit: which i cant seem to figure out... being that it was uploaded prior to me making an account i cant seem to delete... T_T anyone with more megaupload knowledge know anything?
Old 2009-12-14, 15:31   Link #3038
DKnight768
Mii~

http://www.megaupload.com/?c=abuse
I guess WH should be the ones submitting this form as per the instructions.
DKnight768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 20:33   Link #3039
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

Thanks Klashi, I'm also on the side of Anti-Script. I would like everyone to be introduced to Umineko from its most original version: the VN.
Old 2009-12-15, 14:57   Link #3040
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Well its off of megaupload now, hopefully anyone who downloaded it prior to removal won't abuse it or spread it around if it isnt wanted. Didn't mean to cause any trouble by it.

Tags
translation