Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-28, 18:29   Link #101
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Luffy already has Red Hawk, why the need to eat a fire fruit when you have Fire Punch?

Sanji won't eat it because he wants to nosebleed to mermaids
Zoro would eat it cause of fire sword.
Usopp would eat it by accident.

How about the next crew member?
Old 2013-02-28, 19:02   Link #102
james0246

Does it really matter? I'm more interested as to when DoFlamingo acquired the fruit. As soon as the battle finished 2 years ago, implying that DoFlamingo knew Luffy would one day be a problem? Or, did he only acquire it recently after Luffy reemerged? Then again, maybe he had it all along but his possessing the fruit had nothing to do with Luffy (maybe for Whitebeard's other sons?). It's a mystery, but one of the lesser mysteries in the chapter...
Old 2013-02-28, 20:56   Link #103
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I think it would be more fun if Luffy gave the fruit to a young inspiring adventurer.

Eh, why not? I even basically said something like that already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Luffy can give it to Law (not necessarily for him to eat), the samurai, or anyone else outside his crew he deems trustworthy enough to give it to

Anyways, Aohige actually brought up a really interesting theory at AP when discussing Fujitora: Since Aokiji's desertion and Akainu's promotion respectively pretty much destroyed the whole Momotaro theme the admirals had going on, maybe the new admirals will follow a different theme? We know that Kizaru (monkey) is still on board, but if we add in Fujitora (tiger), then that obviously differs from the original theme we had with the admirals. Well, Aohige suggested that Oda may be basing the new admiral team on the Nue, a creature from Japanese mythology that's sometimes considered to be a type of a chimera. As the wiki page indicates, the monster has a monkey's face, a tanuki's (raccoon dog's) body, tiger limbs, and a snake's tail. So if this theory proves true, then that means that the current marines may have FOUR admirals in their forces rather than the former three. So if we already have the "monkey" and "tiger", who would be the "snake" and tanuki" (Mario, perhaps )....?
Old 2013-02-28, 20:58   Link #104
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Not that I'm a supporter of Luffy having two abilities, but Luffy's probably going to eat it by accident again if he gets the fruit.

And having the fire Logia would probably help him unlock gear 4 or something.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2013-03-01, 04:15   Link #105
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Pandora’s Freaking Box
That was opened the second the Mera Mera No Mi(If it is the real thing) was reintroduced back into the story line. You can thank Oda for that. This is a legit subject. Its natural for people to come to this conclusion because the thought about it(Luffy eating a second fruit) happening is now possible.

What are the Odds?
How many other forums are thinking the same thing? If you talked about Luffy getting a second fruit before this chapter it would have been just another outlandish subject because we ran out of interesting topics to talk about. Also Oda could have have written a different plot. But it is not the case. Daflamingo is using the fruit to lure Straw Hats has a distraction in this arch. What are the chances that Luffy would be reunited or be in the same arch has Ace’s Devil fruit so soon? Personally I thought Luffy would battle someone with Ace’s devil fruit in some arch in the far future or the fruits power would be lost forever. Also Luffy's connection to the fruit makes the odds of unthinkable(eating another devil fruit) greater.

Can you destroy a devil fruit?
I mean if the user dies the power finds another fruit. If you destroy that fruit won’t the power just transfer itself to another fruit?

Outcome of the Fruit
Regardless of how it ends, Oda has put the fruit in play. Who ever gets it, gets to decide what to do with it for better or worse. Weather people like it or not the possibility of Luffy getting a second Devil fruit is now possible. What he does with it who knows.

Curiosity Killed the Cat
Besides a power up for the monster trio. I am also interested to see what happens if someone like Luffy or an ordinary devil fruit user eat another fruit. All we have is just what we have been told. Maybe it would fill us in more of why Black Beard was successful. On top of that I just want to see what happens if it fails too. The situation is rip for the scenario to happen.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-03-01 at 04:49.
Old 2013-03-01, 05:05   Link #106
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Maybe Vegapunk actually tested it out somewhere offscreen and that's how he knows people can't have two abilities?
Old 2013-03-01, 05:44   Link #107
janipani

I enjoy so much about these chapters that have peaceful on board moments on Thousand Sunny... And Law seems to enjoy as well, even it seems to shock him

If Luffy would have power of two fruits it would only be fair, but dunno if it's fun, because logias are cool for enemies to have but I think quite boring ability for protagonist, if not just before facing ultimate last enemy Blackbeard.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-03-01, 07:13   Link #108
mrShady

Wouldn't Luffy acquiring a 2nd devil fruit make him a bit OP? I can really see him eating it (though I dislike the idea). But without some sort of handicap (like Zoro had against Arlong/Enel/Pacifista's) Luffy would just be too strong. Though having the main character handicapped is really crap especially so soon after the skip.
Though I did say OP I have a hard time imagining what it would exactly improve upon. He's already immune against everything except sharp objects and he has "fire" based attacks.

So I'm in for the theory of it being given to a new crewmember/character who's on the strawhat side. Though I doubt Luffy would actually want it, I think he'll just randomly obtain it.

Maybe Momonosuke can use it? making him more like a real dragon? And because his current fruit power is a fake it might supplement it rather then conflict with it.

Still Oda is incredible with all the development this chapter. I really can't believe he thought all this up, all the set ups all these possibilities. This can't be done by 1 individual must have been done with his team. Still super excited to see where this leads.

I just wish the anime would take a break so no crap filler/pacing can ruin this awesomeness.
Old 2013-03-01, 07:38   Link #109
Meloria

Considering Blackbeard and his crew are hunting down powerful Devil Fruits, there could also be the possibility one of his members showing up to steal the Mera Mera no Mi if the news gets out. Not entirely sure how that could play out, but you can't underestimate the New World afterall, considering how fast news spread about the alliances and the short amount of time it took Dofla to reach Punk Hazard; which could be the same case for anyone else who travels to Dressrosa. If Absalom is involved with leaking info, who's to say he doesn't find out about the fruit and word gets out to Blackbeard? Unless of course Blackbeard has no interest in the Mera Mera no Mi, but I don't recall anything like that, do correct me here if I'm mistaken. Problems/questions with this theory though; Why didn't he take it at Marineford as well then? Why take interest now? How did Dofla even aquire the fruit?
Old 2013-03-01, 09:26   Link #110
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Anyways, Aohige actually brought up a really interesting theory at AP when discussing Fujitora: Since Aokiji's desertion and Akainu's promotion respectively pretty much destroyed the whole Momotaro theme the admirals had going on, maybe the new admirals will follow a different theme? We know that Kizaru (monkey) is still on board, but if we add in Fujitora (tiger), then that obviously differs from the original theme we had with the admirals. Well, Aohige suggested that Oda may be basing the new admiral team on the Nue, a creature from Japanese mythology that's sometimes considered to be a type of a chimera. As the wiki page indicates, the monster has a monkey's face, a tanuki's (raccoon dog's) body, tiger limbs, and a snake's tail. So if this theory proves true, then that means that the current marines may have FOUR admirals in their forces rather than the former three. So if we already have the "monkey" and "tiger", who would be the "snake" and tanuki" (Mario, perhaps )....?
That's an interesting theory. And if there are 4 admirals right now, seeing as how Fujitora's colour is purple, perhaps the other 2 would be green and orange, thus making the new 3 admirals representing secondary colours as opposed to primary colours.
Old 2013-03-01, 13:52   Link #111
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That's an interesting theory. And if there are 4 admirals right now, seeing as how Fujitora's colour is purple, perhaps the other 2 would be green and orange, thus making the new 3 admirals representing secondary colours as opposed to primary colours.
With natural elements we have:

Aokiji - Ice
Kizaru - Light
Akainu - Magma
Fujitora - Wind

My guess on the other two:

Orange Admiral - Crystal Amber
Green Admiral - Plants or Wood
Old 2013-03-01, 15:47   Link #112
golgo13

A crazy idea. What if there is no physical factory, rather the process is a DF ability? Maybe the girl with the glasses. It's a little out there..
Old 2013-03-01, 16:10   Link #113
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
I was thinking of the four mythical beasts Byakko, Seiryuu, Genbu and Suzaku.

But since we can only have 3 admirals at any given current time, and Kizaru's still there... either something could happen to Kizaru or something else be applicable.
Old 2013-03-01, 17:55   Link #114
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
But since we can only have 3 admirals at any given current time
We don't know that. That was never stated nor implied. As far as we know, Roger's era only had 2 admirals: Zephyr and Sengoku.
Old 2013-03-01, 18:27   Link #115
bonsobon

This chapter seems to clear up what Momonosuke meant when he told one of the other children he had a mission to complete back at Punk Hazard. It also appears to explain why he saw Doflamingo's face when hallucinating from hunger as well.

Also I remember some posters from last chapter suggesting that Doflamingo's resignation from the Shichibukai was faked in order to lull the Law/Strawhat alliance into a false sense of security. This chapter seems to debunk that theory for good.

One question I do have is about the ship with the children on board. Does the fact that it was at Dressrosa mean that the children came from that place, or did it just happen to be there at the time?
Old 2013-03-01, 18:37   Link #116
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Pandora’s Freaking Box
That was opened the second the Mera Mera No Mi(If it is the real thing) was reintroduced back into the story line. You can thank Oda for that. This is a legit subject. Its natural for people to come to this conclusion because the thought about it(Luffy eating a second fruit) happening is now possible.

Even so, I still find it rather odd that even you're supporting the whole "Logia for Straw-Hat" thing considering all the past debates we had over the crew's current strength. If you were already under the impression that the monster trio were admiral/yonkou level, then wouldn't you agree that it would be kind of going overboard for one of them would get a new power-up so soon after their training (and again, putting into consideration that all three of them have at least one heat-based technique in their arsenal already)? Maybe it's just me, but I just can't find any good reason for them to take Ace's old ability (aside from keeping it out of enemy hands, like I mentioned earlier).....

Quote:
I was thinking of the four mythical beasts Byakko, Seiryuu, Genbu and Suzaku.

'Cept that Kizaru (the monkey) is still around, and if the four admiral theory is true, then that comparison wouldn't work (the four saint beasts you're referring to have a tiger, dragon, turtle, and phoenix..... no monkeys to be found here ).

Quote:
But since we can only have 3 admirals at any given current time, and Kizaru's still there... either something could happen to Kizaru or something else be applicable.

Like BDK said above, it was never set in stone that there had to be three admirals. And in addition to that, remember that it was already explained in the story that the structure of the marines went through a major overhaul once Akainu took command. So for all we know, he could have decided to add another seat to the admiral roster during the skip.....
Old 2013-03-01, 18:54   Link #117
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I hope that the new admiral(s) have different physiques than the tall and lean look we're accustomed to with Kizaru, Aokiji, and Akainu. Some of Oda's wacky creativity in the appearance department would be most welcome.
Old 2013-03-01, 18:59   Link #118
marvelB

^Well, if the "Nue" theory turns out to be true, then I can imagine that the "tanuki" admiral would be a short, squat person.
Old 2013-03-01, 19:03   Link #119
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^That would be hilarious seeing this short dude owning pirates left and right .

And speaking of the new admiral(s), it makes one wonder where these guys were during the Marineford war. It's becoming more and more clear that the marines didn't allocate all of their resources to fight in the war. They most likely left reserves at other locations/stations in case pirates tried to take advantage of the situation.
Old 2013-03-01, 19:14   Link #120
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Tanuki? Someone stealing choppers limelight :,(
Closed Thread