AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-03, 10:34   Link #4581
tsunade666

^ I did say that he will use mundane weapons right? the only thing present full of use is IB and mystic eyes and even mystic eyes is last line. I'm also skeptical of mystic eyes of death perception. Glam sight from rental magica is also good. Alpha stigma is also good. But glam sight and alpha stigma helps in analyzing information and deconstructing it. eyes of death is the means to end.

Imagine breaker resets things while eyes of death ends things. Ironic right?

I want to see things in different analogy which makes the story complicated which is also why I'm not confident to write it. It might not gave it justice.

This is the Kamijou Touma that starts asking his action

This is Kamijou Touma that stops moving forward and look back

This is Kamjiou Touma that has doubts and not confident on his resolve

This is Kamijou Touma that was left alone with no Index beside him
Old 2013-09-03, 10:55   Link #4582
demino_hellsin
That one guy

take it step by step. I just feel like you're piling on too many things at a time that there's no room for canon Touma to actually change. But that's my personal view.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 13:25   Link #4583
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Oh ho? I was actually thinking of another fic idea that could give Touma a Freudian Excuse to be jaded and cynical. This is an idea that I stated earlier in this thread.

Touma is stuck in a Time Loop. He's been through it so many times that he's jaded, cynical, and just about not caring anymore. He's already mastered his abilities and learned so many new things that it's not even funny anymore.

Point is: Touma's doesn't care anymore.

But something deviates from the standard type of loop. Touma knows that deviations happen that land him in an AU, but this time is different.

Someone else gets stuck in the Time Loops and Kamijou has to teach them the ways of the time looper.

This character can be any one of the more optimistic or idealistic characters. They're shocked at Touma's cynical behavior and try to get him back to how he used to be.

Touma's sense of humor is a bit .... different. He prefers to screw with people's heads by doing completely shocking or nonsensical things. Or twisting words that confuse people.

Is that a good way to make a cynical Touma or no?

I even have this little fighting style planned for him. His fighting style is like Walter C. Dornez from Hellsing. Razor sharp wires manipulated by his fingers. Funny thing is: He stole the wires from Kanzaki after curb-stomping her.
I prefer it to be the future...

It start off with Touma discovering that he always had been a pawn of somebody and things got worse with every passing day.

Academy City Directors decided that the fastest way to achieve SYSTEM is by forcing Esper into desperate situation (evolve or die type). A city wide battle royal with Esper versus other Esper versus mercenary versus Skill-out.

In this situation, Touma was repeatedly lied to and tricked again and again but he hold on to his conviction until the the last straw which finally broke the camel's back was the major event in which his friends on the Magicians side(including Index) attempt genocide on everybody on science side (ala great flood style). To "restore faith and punish the heretics."

The event climaxed with Touma killing Index.... not before she kill off somebody whom Touma care about because that somebody took the bullet during his brief moment of hesitation.

This made him wonder if Index was deliberately getting close to him....

Considering that during that battle royal, everybody is trying to manipulate him to get on to their side, it is kind of hard to come to the conclusion of:

"Yes, she is and so is everybody around him."

Without the ability to trust anybody, the new villain of the bad future arc proclaim that Touma is no longer a threat since he is already "finished".

=

Story preferably start with a group of rebels (decoy protagonists) fighting back, trying to change Academy city back the way it used to be (normal school life) only to have their power/magic/whatever negated by Touma.

"I will break/kill the illusion (normal life) of yours"

----

Rough idea, throwing it out there but have no plan to expand on it yet. Just seeing if there is any taker.
Old 2013-09-03, 14:28   Link #4584
demino_hellsin
That one guy

^there's your deconstruction.
Old 2013-09-03, 17:32   Link #4585
omega253

What exactly would Touma do after he goes past the Despair Event Horizon, anyway? He's a really dangerous person, willingly or otherwise. There's a reason that Aleister labeled Touma's danger level as DEFCON 3.
Old 2013-09-03, 22:03   Link #4586
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
^there's your deconstruction.
That is a true and a good example too. Betrayal.

But I don't know where to play it as blank slate or gradual deconstruction and campione story is dead end. There is so little to happen and I don't know if I'll make Touma a complete different person or replace the MC of the story....

what do you guys think?

the plot is dead end..... there is just no great threat in campione verse.

I prefer to play with shana more or zero no tsukaima but the thing that I like campione is the campione system but not the story itself. The story is simple. Highschool dxd has more continues plot to it (if only only issei has more brains than libido I will actually like the series)

Touma would be a loner because he doesn't want anyone to get involve or hurt but at the same time. Will he still stay the same or his view will change..... to much idea getting jumbled that I can't go on the story. The only thing I can think to move on is Touma to become a slider because the plot is dead for me if I stop at campione story. There isn't just much for me to play with. Unless I want an OC fest battle against gods. Which I prefer but I feel that the readers won't like a story bunch of oc's.
Old 2013-09-03, 22:13   Link #4587
omega253

Touma becoming a slider might be the right choice. What other worlds would Touma travel to and would he gain any more abilities along the way?
Old 2013-09-03, 22:13   Link #4588
demino_hellsin
That one guy

random suggested timeline:

-Touma gets sucked into Campione world

-Touma is labeled as threat that can kill gods despite not being Campione

-gods and Campiones feel threatened by Touma because he can conquer them despite being "normal". He is a fugitive to all who exist there in terms of campiones, gods and those loyal to them. The only ones who welcome him are those that seek his power to free them but tendency is they sell him out.

-IB is slowly mutating because the frame of reference is not applying. Kind of like system crash. It retreats to completely seal the invisible thing instead.

-Touma cannot contain or use powers, but external magical equipment does not crumble or lose effectiveness in his hands anymore.

-The gods assume Touma is no longer a threat

-The gods and tyrant campiones don't see that Touma's strength is the allies he amassed without even his own knowing.

-all the while, Touma is catching news of something that is like a god but nothing the likes anyone in that world has ever seen before. The description matches Gabriel and Touma resolves to finish what he started.

Bah random thoughts.
Old 2013-09-03, 22:18   Link #4589
omega253

I think a good plot would be Touma trying to find his way back home while being hunted down by magicians trying to recruit him, gods trying to kill him, and Campiones... who are just too chaotic to predict.

And we don't even know if Aisha's portal Authority would work against the Imagine Breaker.
Old 2013-09-03, 22:22   Link #4590
tsunade666

then IB will become useless if it total shutdown inside of him. So he will be using magic equipment or magic?

my image of touma is the same as shiage. badass normal. he can't use magic the normal way and even authority are reduce in effects because of IB. His more reliant on IB and when physical attacked, he will use strategy or mundane weapons.

I'm debating on giving him mystic eyes because it might kill his character but there will be progression. He gained the eyes when he stays in the void but he won't be able to use it right away. That's why its a gradual deconstruction. As his view turn darker when he saw the more prominent darkness on human kind. He starting to see a small crack and it gradually increase but as long as his core character is intact.

His mystic eyes won't evolve further.

I'm seeing a battle against pantheon... hmmm hmmm ideas are coming.

The portal of Aisa will probably be destroyed. That's why I suggest a worm hole. A literal hole on the dimension and not just a portal. If IB touch a supernatural boundary then it will correct. A worm hole where he won't be able to touch the "walls" will probably allow him to pass through but as long as there is a layer of magic that he touch. It will be destroyed or corrected.
Old 2013-09-03, 22:30   Link #4591
demino_hellsin
That one guy

not quite. IB will reside inside him instead of his right hand. This is both good and bad. This renders him immune to internal magic effects like curses, enchantment and even positive things like healing.

So again, he can use external supernatural powers so long as he doesn't need to pass it inside of himself like refining mana.

This IS badass normal. Giving him eyes of death perception is not badass normal, that is godkiller level similar or exceeding IB. I trust your knowledge of nasuverse enough to know how gamebreaker that thing is even at a most basic stage.

Gradual deconstruction happens during the timeline I described. People sell him out to gods and campione, for a better life, freedom from oppression. Something? I haven't read Campione but I don't doubt the existence of tyrant gods and Campione. Bad people trick him into killing benevolent gods who are oppressing the people Touma helps because those people are actually evil or something.
Old 2013-09-03, 22:30   Link #4592
omega253

tsunade, how far along do you think you are in writing this idea before you can post it? I'm a bit eager to see what your writing style is like.

Also, about your review on Chapter 7 of To Ascend, don't worry. Himegami is making an appearance in Chapter 8. I've just started it and written almost 2k words so far. As for Fukiyose.... I'm conflicted about whether or not to include her too.

We never did find out what Level Fukiyose was or what esper ability she had. Hell, I'm thinking about going with her being a Level 3 Geokinetic. But she is going to be out of focus for a while in my next few Arcs....

Agh, I barely even have anything planned for the Sisters Arc. Not to mention those AU Arcs I want to include.
Old 2013-09-04, 00:01   Link #4593
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post

This IS badass normal. Giving him eyes of death perception is not badass normal, that is godkiller level similar or exceeding IB. I trust your knowledge of nasuverse enough to know how gamebreaker that thing is even at a most basic stage.
I know how game breaking mystic eyes but it can be said the same for IB. If you don't have the skill to back it up its useless. Its different from sword spamming which you can throw and let explode.

The problem is it will be hard to kill a god with mundane weapons and campione verse isn't at advance in magic or power level compare to index. they don't have game breaking spells and the gods there are hard to kill. Its like an ordinary mage vs a saint without any spell to actually kill a saint. wound yes, but kill is hard.

but its practically challenging hmm....

For writing hmm.... I'll try to write one... the beginning the battle of Touma against gabriel but I can't promise a good one it will be my first writing a story.
Old 2013-09-04, 00:09   Link #4594
omega253

Do your best!

And if it's anything to motivate you, then there will be a tiny bit of ship tease between Touma and Himegami in the next chapter of To Ascend.
Old 2013-09-04, 00:10   Link #4595
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that or his juniors will crucify him
Old 2013-09-04, 00:20   Link #4596
omega253

Now, now, we won't crucify tsunade.

But we will be eyeing him/her like vultures waiting for an animal to drop dead.
Old 2013-09-04, 00:25   Link #4597
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Man I really can't let go of KR crossed over with TAMNI. Now I'm imagining the rider actually making monsters from the students to fight. :/
Old 2013-09-04, 00:27   Link #4598
omega253

Why not just write a snippet to get it out of your system? You don't even have to post it. Type it out and leave it there to gather dust, if only to get some closure.
Old 2013-09-04, 00:29   Link #4599
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Thing is... I really like the idea. It's oddly different as he isn't a villain, but he does what he does to help himself. The byproduct is a happier victim but the KR is pushing the student to do evil before saving him. The reason is for no greater purpose than MONEY. hahaha
Old 2013-09-04, 10:11   Link #4600
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
What exactly would Touma do after he goes past the Despair Event Horizon, anyway? He's a really dangerous person, willingly or otherwise. There's a reason that Aleister labeled Touma's danger level as DEFCON 3.
Crushing everybody who get in his way and slowly taking down all the Directors one by one. (Taking down as in literally killing them real slowly.)

Aleister knew he is coming for him and tried to kill him with every single pawn he had in his hand. He even (somehow) managed to send the irregularity called Shige after him but this is one really pissed off Touma we are talking about.

Aleister no longer has Magician side helping him because all the Magicians in Academy city is dead (killed off by Touma after Index's death...to prevent another Noah's Flood from happen again) and the Churches are too scared to sent any more Magician in after a few Saints are taken out, in fact they are too happy about pointing Touma in the right direction so he wouldn't go after them next.

Accelerator is smart enough to escape Academy City with Last Order before thing get really bad (before the battle royale).

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction