AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-05-10, 13:43   Link #1
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Question

My PC was constantly updating a program every 5 minutes. Now the problem is, it's the same program over and over again when I checked it on the update successful list. How do I stop it from constantly updating the same thing over and over again every 5 minutes without disabling the Automatic update?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 14:34   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you're talking about the "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB832894)"...

I'm having the same problem. it downloads, it installs..... it says new updates, it installs... (repeat adinfinitum).

Looks like a flag/registry/handshaking problem. If I can figure out how to delete what has been downloaded and then redownload it again, that might fix it I suppose.... I had this problem about six months ago with a Windows Update to some internals, but I can't remember how I got it to stop.

Oh... and you might put a more informative subject title when you start a thread next time... most people just ignore threads with titles like "I have a question...". (I was just extra bored and glanced at it)

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-05-10 at 15:19.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 07:08   Link #3
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
There is a way to stop the update from constantly asking you to install it all you have to do is when the update icon appears in the system tray click on it to bring up the installation options and select the custom option and click on next which will bring up the list of what update is trying to be installed and uncheck the update and select finish and when it asks if you don't want to install the update make sure to check the box next to "don't remind me about this update again" and then select OK and you'll be done.
I've had this problem a few times with both of the current MSXML4.0 updates and this is how I got around the problem.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 07:15   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I did this on a friend's XP computer so it wouldn't keep trying to install Windows Genuine Advantage. Seemed to work for that, too.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote