AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-02-13, 16:23   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I found sapphire-pyro's post really refreshing, I mean, let's get down to cases: the guy is hot.
Spoiler for ep6:
Certainly, he is being presented as unfeeling toward anyone but Noe and manipulative of everyone including her. But his caring for her makes up for a lot, in my opinion.

He is so sharp, too, seeing immediately that Hiromi cared for Shin, and moving to try to do something about it by imposing his physical presence on her. I see hints that he begins to realize that her situation resembles his in some way. He just doesn't realize how closely.

To say he's "selfish" is only partly true, since his selfishness seems largely to be a matter of selflessly trying to make Noe's life better.

I have a feeling that he is a character who is being shown as worse than he is so that he can be shown as a better guy later. We'll see.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 16:24   Link #22
DanielSong39

I think Jun is getting a bad rap because he gets in the way of Shin/Hiromi.

Personally I think he's a better fit for Hiromi.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 07:24   Link #23
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Agreed, most people here seem to be big fans of a the ol' Cinderella ending.
Old 2008-02-14, 20:26   Link #24
jaisrh

Maybe if Jun is willing to place Hiromi at least on an equal level of importance with his sister Noe then he could be right for Hiromi. Can anyone honestly see that happening? Maybe a very tiny chance but realistically, no. Hiromi deserves someone who would give her the highest priority in his life and someone who is'nt callous about using others to achieve his objectives.
jaisrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 21:51   Link #25
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
Hiromi deserves someone who would give her the highest priority in his life and someone who is'nt callous about using others to achieve his objectives.
And what precisely are these objectives?
Old 2008-02-14, 22:31   Link #26
DanielSong39

Dang right, family should come first - all this proves is that he has his priorities straight. And it's not like Jun is neglecting or using Hiromi here; he seems to be making an honest effort and he should be given the benefit of the doubt - at least for now.

Jun has at least two advantages over Shin as far as I can see; (1) he doesn't have to deal with the family situation unlike Shin, and (2) has the more direct personality that Hiromi seems to prefer. If Hiromi is willing to give him a chance, she'll see that he's the better choice and she's more likely to lead a happy life with him.
Old 2008-02-14, 22:40   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Good points. But, Hiromi has this cousin-complex for Shin. I'm afraid she'll see the good in other people when the sky falls on our heads.
Old 2008-02-14, 22:42   Link #28
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Good points. But, Hiromi has this Brother-complex for Shin. I'm afraid she'll see the good in other people when the sky falls on our heads.
I fixed that for you
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 05:51   Link #29
jaisrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
And what precisely are these objectives?
Most obvious one is to get Shin to go out with Noe. Any other objectives would likely be Noe-centric or in his own self-interest. There's nothing wrong with that in itself but it's how you go about it and what you are willing to do for what you want that could be the problem. Does the end justify any means necessary? That's what you wonder about as you watch Jun. Is it ok to act without consideration of others as long as you get what you want? We'll have to wait and see if Jun continues along that path, but do you think that Hiromi would actually agree with that type of thinking? If not then you have a big compatibility problem right from the start as Hiromi appears to be the considerate type.

It's fine to prioritize family but you can't say in the same breath that he would act in Hiromi's best interest if hers differ from his own or Noe's. It's up to Hiromi to decide whether she would be willing to accept someone who can't place her first.
jaisrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 21:24   Link #30
DanielSong39

The fact that Jun can place Noe's needs above his own shows that he may be able to do the same for Hiromi. He seemed to have a good relationship with his grandmother as well, which confirms his maturity and the importance he places on family.

A huge contrast from Shin, who seems rather clueless and utterly unprepared for a relationship - and has to deal with the family soap opera to boot. While he can play a large role in Hiromi's life, his capabilities seem rather limited.

We may see a Cinderella story after all but Jun is much better equipped to be the Prince Charming. Shin to me is more suited for the childhood friend role from Ever After.
Old 2008-02-16, 13:54   Link #31
golthin

well, after watching episode 7 I have to declare that I hate this guy with a passion. I can't believe what he told Shin in this episode.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 06:07   Link #32
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, after watching episode 7 I have to declare that I hate this guy with a passion. I can't believe what he told Shin in this episode.
l don't know whats there to hate? he did what shin asked him to do, so he expects for shin to man up and keep his promise as well, if not then the deal was off. l've come to respect him a lot more after this episode, he really is looking out for his sister.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 08:56   Link #33
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l don't know whats there to hate? he did what shin asked him to do, so he expects for shin to man up and keep his promise as well, if not then the deal was off. l've come to respect him a lot more after this episode, he really is looking out for his sister.
Shin never agreed to it, he told him that in episode 7. Of course now Shin is stuck with this because if he doesn't go out with Noe, Jun will break up with hiromi, something that hiromi didn't wanted in the first place.
Old 2008-02-17, 12:58   Link #34
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Shin never agreed to it, he told him that in episode 7. Of course now Shin is stuck with this because if he doesn't go out with Noe, Jun will break up with hiromi, something that hiromi didn't wanted in the first place.
Well, there you then, shin might not had agreed on anything but at the same time he is at fault. Jun only came to him for Noe, shin was the one responsible for the other part of the deal, by him telling jun that if he had to date noe then in return jun had to date hiromi that would seem like shin was agreeing, even though it was only a bluff on shin's part to scare jun away. l'm tired of hiromi bein portrayed as a victim for about everyhing that happens to her, hiromi could had easily turned down jun but she rather keep on living a lie, for all shin knew that's probably what he thought she wanted from how she kept going about him. jun is doing this all for his sister, l don't see how you can hate someone like that...
Old 2008-02-17, 13:20   Link #35
golthin

Quote:
Well, there you then, shin might not had agreed on anything but at the same time he is at fault. Jun only came to him for Noe, shin was the one responsible for the other part of the deal, by him telling jun that if he had to date noe then in return jun had to date hiromi that would seem like shin was agreeing, even though it was only a bluff on shin's part to scare jun away. l'm tired of hiromi bein portrayed as a victim for about everyhing that happens to her, hiromi could had easily turned down jun but she rather keep on living a lie, for all shin knew that's probably what he thought she wanted from how she kept going about him. jun is doing this all for his sister, l don't see how you can hate someone like that...
well, i have to admit that what Jun is doing with Shin is very similar to what Shin did with Aiko, but in a less direct manner. Still, Jun is conciously blackmailing Shin, while what shin did to Aiko with nobuse and then to hiromi was less of a malicious act. It was more hiromi's fault for lying. Still, Shin is now lying about being in love with Noe! The difference between Shin and Jun is that he is involving an innocent person to tryu to make his sister happy. This never work, anything force never bring happiness. I hope Noe really get her Tears back so Jun learn a lesson about meddling, much like what Shin is going to learn next week by losing his best friend[Aiko].
Old 2008-02-17, 14:08   Link #36
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
well, i have to admit that what Jun is doing with Shin is very similar to what Shin did with Aiko, but in a less direct manner. Still, Jun is conciously blackmailing Shin, while what shin did to Aiko with nobuse and then to hiromi was less of a malicious act. It was more hiromi's fault for lying. Still, Shin is now lying about being in love with Noe! The difference between Shin and Jun is that he is involving an innocent person to tryu to make his sister happy. This never work, anything force never bring happiness. I hope Noe really get her Tears back so Jun learn a lesson about meddling, much like what Shin is going to learn next week by losing his best friend[Aiko].
True, true but lets not forget that the catalyst of all these events is Hiromi and her web of lies, even though in her mind she did it for the overall good I hope it comes back to bite her in the end and she ends up as miserable as shin's mother. Shin did the same to Jun...that Jun did to him. Only difference is that Jun will do anything for his siter even go out with a lying emo victimized girl that he probably doesn't like in the first place. Shin could had easily rejected the idea but instead threw it back at jun that night about going out with hiromi because he thought thats what that lying victimized girl wanted.

I don't see it as blackmailing, I see it as Jun just tired of waiting for shin to take action, here he is dating this emo liar that he probably doesn't like and shin has yet to make a move.
Old 2008-02-17, 23:21   Link #37
DanielSong39

It was Shin who railroaded Jun into dating Hiromi and Jun complied. It was time for Shin to keep his end of the bargain.

Objectively speaking Shin comes closer to blackmailing Jun than the other way around.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:16   Link #38
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
It was Shin who railroaded Jun into dating Hiromi and Jun complied. It was time for Shin to keep his end of the bargain.

Objectively speaking Shin comes closer to blackmailing Jun than the other way around.
Ah, see I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Old 2008-02-18, 13:11   Link #39
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
Ah, see I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Spot on. I also agree with you. Jun may be a little too obsessive with his sister (which is probably part of the reason why he feels so guilty and vows to protect her) but up till now he hasn't done anything wrong on his part, it was Shin's idea after all. The way he agreed to Shin's bargain so calmly could have misled some of you into thinking he's a cold-blooded uncaring villain of the piece, but isn't Shin doing the same thing? Jun knows exactly how Noe thinks about Shin and is clearly trying his best to make her happy, while Shin knows NOTHING about Hiromi and just brings up the stupid idea out of jealousy and immaturity, and even now he's still thinking Hiromi's fine with it, while Noe is more than happy to hear Shin confess to her. Jun's feelings for Hiromi are a mystery, but he's definitely not the malicious womanizer type of guy.
Did you notice what he did after seeing Hiromi's reaction when he told her about Shin and Noe going out? He must've realized the situation by then, or even before that at the park. But he was still nice to her, why? Maybe he just found her physically attractive, but I'm not buying such a lame explanation. Another theory is that he thinks if he was to treat her badly, his sister would have to suffer the same fate so he'd try to keep his end of the bargain first, b4 asking Shin to. There's also a possibility that Jun's starting to change the way he thinks about Hiromi and they'll end up together with everyone being happy like I previously said in the 7th ep's discussion thread. But even without that happening, Jun is still one of my favorite True Tears characters
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 03:24   Link #40
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Number 4 seem desperate enough to actually accept Shin's request.At this point,i have been wondering:

1)How does he feel towards his sister?
2)Why did he go to such lengths just to get Shin to be with his sister?
3)How would he feel about Hiromi later on?

I can see that if Shin were to request for something more outrageous,number 4 would still agree to Shin's request.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote