AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-27, 21:50   Link #81
Bordix

Awesome chapter , I lol'd @
Spoiler for Ch 7:

Last edited by Bordix; 2008-11-28 at 00:04.
Old 2008-11-28, 03:53   Link #82
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

When is this series happening ? I mean, in what timeline does this series happens ?

I noticed that in chapter 7 Touma didn't react at all when she mentioned Imouto. .hm. .

Old 2008-11-28, 04:23   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
When is this series happening ? I mean, in what timeline does this series happens ?

I noticed that in chapter 7 Touma didn't react at all when she mentioned Imouto. .hm. .
It supposedly takes place before/during volume 1 of the novel. So far.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-28, 06:42   Link #84
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc2good View Post
Spoiler for chapter 7 and light novel vol 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That's right. The Sisters were mentioned in the novel at that scene, but the manga/etc. were the ones to take it out.
The anime seems to be making the whole thing a surprise, but they secretly put in that blimp during episode 6... And then watchers are going to be like "Ohh! That was..."...

Overall, it doesn't really matter if there are inconsistencies.
1. Heck, the original novel has inconsistencies by itself. How much does more inconsistencies hurt? <--not really serious
2. This was supposed to be some spin-off manga after all, so it is not like the manga-ka cares if her manga doesn't go by the same events as the novel.

I hope Saten gets a voiced role in the anime...

Spoiler for Did some fact checking:
Old 2008-12-17, 11:13   Link #85
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yay, chapter 8 released.

Kuroko sneaks in a wake-up kiss. Poor Biri Biri, no escape...

Everyone's complaining about the power outage, yet no one ever connects it to a temperamental girl with Level 5 electrical powers?

Haha @ her Touma-radar. The raw of that page has been floating around for a while, but now we've finally reached that point.

And... the level-upper apparently fits on an iPod. Is this a cautionary tale of the dangers of music piracy... or the sheer Power of Rock? The latter would give Theme Music Power Up a whole new meaning.
Old 2008-12-17, 11:30   Link #86
ReddyRedWolf

I think Touma is easy to detect for Mikoto because he is a freaking null field.
Old 2008-12-17, 13:46   Link #87
Mentar
Banned

Yay for Kuroko ^_^ ... she's the real MVP of the story. Perfect in combo with Mikoto!
Old 2008-12-17, 14:01   Link #88
ReddyRedWolf

Stiyl cameo. lol

Anyway we get an extended version of Mikoto and Touma meeting after Touma meets Index.

I wonder which timeline Railgun follows.

In the Index manga they skip the Aisa arc/Vol 2.

Also if it show the Sisters arc from Mikoto's POV.
Old 2008-12-17, 18:25   Link #89
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Great chapter. With Mikoto FINALLY figuring out Touma's power, her hesitance was kinda cute to me.

LOL'd at when Touma took his right hand to cover Mikoto's mouth. I wonder if she tried to shock him?

That woman doctor was totally hot and that stripping stuff was funny. This is one of the minor reasons why Railgun > Index(the mangas).

What's she looking at here?

Spoiler for ch 8 pg:
Old 2008-12-17, 18:36   Link #90
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

the sweat on her hands cause she was scared when touma got serious
Old 2008-12-17, 20:03   Link #91
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

It seemed like before, Biri Biri thought his negating effect was a symptom of some greater power and thus followed him around because he wouldn't reveal that power, but here she at least considers that negation itself is his main element. But in that case, how does she expect them to have a serious fight? In her imagined worst case scenario, he can seal her power. Besides that... there's nothing for him to do offensively with his 'power'.
Old 2008-12-17, 20:27   Link #92
Mentar
Banned

You forgot that with her power cancelled, he's still an older boy who could simply physically beat up a younger girl? Heck, in chapter 3, when we had the classic case of "I got him, I got him! *ack* HE GOT ME, HE GOT MEEE!!", she already realized that.

Simply being able to cancel out the opponent's special ability was enough in several cases (and will be in some more). It would definitely be enough for Mikoto - if Touma was ever serious enough to really fight her.
Old 2008-12-17, 21:05   Link #93
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I know that, that's why I said "with his power", because isn't that what she's expecting? A power vs power fight? And not a "power and then walk over and punch" fight? If he can seal her power (or even just easily negate it) then the fight is reduced to a physical one, which would be rather silly.
Old 2008-12-17, 23:31   Link #94
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You forgot that with her power cancelled, he's still an older boy who could simply physically beat up a younger girl? Heck, in chapter 3, when we had the classic case of "I got him, I got him! *ack* HE GOT ME, HE GOT MEEE!!", she already realized that.

Simply being able to cancel out the opponent's special ability was enough in several cases (and will be in some more). It would definitely be enough for Mikoto - if Touma was ever serious enough to really fight her.
Touma wont fight her because she is a silly little girl.

In fact...

Spoiler for Index manga Mikoto Arc:

Touma only got serious fighting girls if the stakes are high.

As seen with Kaori and Index.

Also he has experience, if you take in the Aisa arc, with sociopaths more powerful than himself.

But the underlying reason why Mikoto chases Touma is because she is both mad and bit confussed that Touma reminds her she is a girl.

She can alway take care of herself. No help needed.

Then comes this guy who says in his actions he will protect her. Nobody did that for her.

Finally a guy she can seriously fight with limiters released, an equal, but he treats her gently as a girl!

Technically speaking Mikoto is first one in Touma's harem. Just that she is a bokuko (tomboy) tsundere.
Old 2008-12-18, 00:09   Link #95
Bordix

I lol'd at mikoto's expression when her "touma radar" kicked in XD
Quote:
Everyone's complaining about the power outage, yet no one ever connects it to a temperamental girl with Level 5 electrical powers?
Apparently espers ain't that famous XD
Old 2008-12-18, 01:29   Link #96
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Technically speaking Mikoto is first one in Touma's harem. Just that she is a bokuko (tomboy) tsundere.
Technically, I believe that Boku-ko refers to girls who use "boku" for I, not tomboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Apparently espers ain't that famous XD
Convenient idiocy, ignore it...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-18, 01:38   Link #97
yongshun

When the Railgun's radar kicked in she looked like somekind of maniac stalker lol and love the interaction between Touma and Mikoto after she caught up with him, they talked like they were old friends who havent seen each other for a long time, all of a sudden she remembers why she was chasing him. Kinda reminds me of bugs bunny cartoons.
Old 2008-12-18, 01:38   Link #98
ReddyRedWolf

Of course to everybody she is an Ojou-sama only a few know her real personality.

Touma unfortunately has seen more than just her forceful personality. (Spats? How disappointing...)

Also in the city they know her as a hero of justice. She wouldn't cause trouble like a delinquent...right?
Old 2008-12-18, 02:03   Link #99
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

Even with Touma "power" he still wouldn't beat her since he is still but a human. No normal person can dodge a lightning bolt or hold his hand up to block it.
Old 2008-12-18, 05:57   Link #100
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Touma wont fight her because she is a silly little girl.
I think you missed the connotation, I was replying to KaneDragon. Touma isn't one to seriously fight Mikoto, of course. But if for some reason he did, he would almost certainly defeat her, since her powers don't work on him, and in the end his physical strength would most likely ensure victory. Mikoto _realized_ that in Railgun chapter 8, which is why she froze and didn't go through with her challenge in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Even with Touma "power" he still wouldn't beat her since he is still but a human. No normal person can dodge a lightning bolt or hold his hand up to block it.
That's incorrect, it was established beforehand that his hand moved unconsciously to protect him. Also, Mikoto said herself that even though she went all-out, nothing ever harmed him.

Anyway, all this is a moot point. Touma wouldn't attack Mikoto, and Mikoto has wisened up as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen