AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-07-04, 10:03   Link #341
Alhazred

That was a great intro for Alt-Hato, but if anything it muddies the waters even further. When did Alt-Saki and Alt-Madarame get together, if there was a time when Alt-Hato was chasing after him? It sort of implies that Alt-Madarame didn't get his act together before Alt-Hato joined the club, and ups the chances of actually connecting Nidaime to Spotted Flower just a little bit.

With regard to 101 - potential Keiko character development, yay!
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 20:45   Link #342
AstroNerdBoy

*lol* Wrong, wrong, wrong...but funny. (on Spotted Flower)

As to the new Genshiken, I got to take a gander at that.

Update! Wow. Kugayama gets more face time in this chapter than nearly all of the original Genshiken. *lol*

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 05:04   Link #343
kniteowl

Chapter 101 was translated, Poor Madarame eliminating the people he can confide in.

Chapter 102 raws just came out, hope they get translated soon.

I wonder what kind of chocolate Angela was thinking about sending to Madarame, maybe a nude chocolate statue of herself? And Shinobi Sue buying Madarame a Herseys bar was pretty entertaining. Too bad it didn't have much effect on him, I guess the first person to give him the chocolates got most of his attention.

Sue keep your eye on the ball girl, your poor timing or lack of initiative may have cost you.
Old 2014-07-31, 16:15   Link #344
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Ch.102: Dear God, this is a Spotted Flower Prequel after all....
Old 2014-08-03, 22:27   Link #345
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Chapter 101 was translated, Poor Madarame eliminating the people he can confide in.
Yeah, but it was logical. Plus, massive brownie points for Kio-sensei using Kugayama in a meaningful way, something I don't recall happening in the original Genshiken.

Quote:
I wonder what kind of chocolate Angela was thinking about sending to Madarame, maybe a nude chocolate statue of herself?
Or maybe nude photos of herself, or worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Ch.102: Dear God, this is a Spotted Flower Prequel after all....
I do wonder sometimes if Kio-sensei is still trying to figure out how to get Madarame and Saki together. Right now, I can't see it happening, but we'll see.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2014-08-04, 00:08   Link #346
Somnus
Eh?

Decided to check out the 102 raw after seeing the comments...cause Saki. But, is that really Saki? Lookin' as good as ever!

I haven't really been keeping up with Nidaime at all. At the end of the show didn't she open her own clothing store? Was that not canon?

EDIT:

Just read a summary online. It's Keiko...who I've only seen in colour (season 1 anime) wearing some pretty gaudy makeup. Mature hostess version is...well, fantastic.

Last edited by Somnus; 2014-08-04 at 00:39.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 06:19   Link #347
kniteowl

@somnus

Chapter 102 was translated and uploaded within 24 hours of chapter 101 so you can actually read it if you know where to look.

It appears you've got a lot of catch up on. Lol. There's currently about 50 ish chapters of nidame content if you're interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy
Or maybe nude photos of herself, or worse.
I was thinking chocolate related items lol. Maybe she was planing to send him chocolate flavored protection lmao.

As for chapter 102. I really dunno what to think. I feel like I've slightly fallen to the dark side passively wanting to root for keiko x mada. They do have a nice chemistry to them. And then the wink wink nod nod at the end there but I don't think anything will happen or the alcohol will play a huge part affecting madarame's manhood maybe. I'm just speculating lol. I really want to give madarame a break but I also don't want the madarame harem arc to end so soon... Ah so conflicted, I'll just enjoy this ride while it last.
Old 2014-08-04, 22:50   Link #348
AstroNerdBoy

I've always shipped Sue x Madarame, but after reading 102, Keiko is the girl most like Saki in his life, and certainly the only one available whom he has no problems dealing with when she's not doing her hostess thing. I could be turned to the dark side on this one.

Regardless, they gotta do more Sue with Madarame before ending the harem arc. I think Angela has already had her time, but she too could show up unexpectedly.

Old 2014-08-04, 23:41   Link #349
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Regardless, they gotta do more Sue with Madarame before ending the harem arc. I think Angela has already had her time, but she too could show up unexpectedly.
You know whenever someone mentions Angela, I keep thinking of the super smash bros "A New Challenger is Approaching" trope. " Angela has come to crash the party *wink" lol

This is speculations but I expect Sue's moment will be during the new year's festival at the shrine where madarame and sue will reminisce about the time sue forced madarame to carry her on his shoulders lol, except this time she'd be too embarrassed to ask him much less do it again lol

Although I'm not sure if the timing is right. They show the seasons in the manga but no actual dates. Well we've recently passed the winter comfies which is I assume 4th quarter so hopefully it will come to pass lol.
Old 2014-08-10, 01:28   Link #350
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Although I'm not sure if the timing is right. They show the seasons in the manga but no actual dates. Well we've recently passed the winter comfies which is I assume 4th quarter so hopefully it will come to pass lol.
And we've passed Valentine's Day. I figure we are in late February as of the latest chapter.

Old 2014-09-05, 02:20   Link #351
kniteowl

Chapter 103 dropped lol.

I dunno whether to consider Madarame lucky or unlucky, if keiko didn't receive that phone call, Madarame would've received some real world experience while on the other hand he would unknowingly be in a affair with her. Hmmm...

Well we all expected this scene not to end well so... at least that much meet my expectations, next chapter is another Hato one, need more Sue or even Angela but Angela won't get her spot until the next comfies so I expect The madarame harem to continue at least until the next comfies.

I'm curious what the betting odds are now for who will ship with Madarame?

Been reading lots of doom and gloom about a mada x hata ending over at batoto, which annoys me a little because they're ignoring Sue's Dark horse chances. She's still in the running or it could be all the mada x keiko shippers voicing their disdain that keiko might be out of the running although I only see it decreasing her odds, she's still in the running but her lost here requires the other 3 to lose in some way, in order for her to make it to the play offs. Wonder how that ended up as a sports analogy? I blame the the World cup for my betting habit lol.

That and the author has also been slowly building up Hato's Harem for the series to potentially continue after the author finishes Madarame's harem with Yajime, Yoshitake Risa (lil sis) and Konno (high school friend) in the running.

Last edited by kniteowl; 2014-09-05 at 02:35.
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 05:48   Link #352
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
LOL So close to NTR there, Madarame. Kind of figured though that Keiko, being the other non-Otaku in her brother's circle of friends, would have the most "normal" kind of relationship -- with a boring salaryman to boot. That said, have to wonder just how much of this thing with Madarame is genuine, and how much of it is just her trying to spice up her own love life?
Old 2014-09-05, 14:33   Link #353
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
I dunno whether to consider Madarame lucky or unlucky, if keiko didn't receive that phone call, Madarame would've received some real world experience while on the other hand he would unknowingly be in a affair with her. Hmmm...
I think this incident pretty much kills Keiko as a partner in Madarame's mind, based on his ethics code (recall how even having dinner with Saki in Genshiken caused him angst.

Quote:
I'm curious what the betting odds are now for who will ship with Madarame?
I mentioned in my blog post that I think Kio-sensei is laying the groundwork to have Saki brought back into the mix. Kio-sensei wanted Madarame and Saki to hook up in Genshiken, but the way the story panned out, he couldn't do that. However, we see in Spotted Flower, this is still the direction he'd like to go.

Step one is to get Madarame to start considering real women over 2D, something he really hasn't done to date. Yeah, he was interested in Saki, but that seems to have started after she cosplayed a character from the manga/anime series he liked. The pictures he had of her were cosplay ones. So I think there was still a wall of separation, whereby he kinda viewed Saki the same as any 2D girl he "meditated" to.

The way I see it, with Keiko, he was seeing her as a real girl, even preferring the real her over the hostess girl persona she has. As such, he came ever so close to getting a chance at bat. Finding out that Keiko has a boyfriend causes him to flee, but in my mind, I see the incident being burned in his head, whereby he thinks of what might have been had she not had a boyfriend and not been called. While Keiko might be out personally, it could be what gets him to consider another girl, like Sue or Angela.

That being said, Kio-sensei could arrange for Saki and Kousaka to break up, after which Saki and Madarame run into each other, and then things go from there. With Saki free, if Saki gave Madarame the same offer that Keiko did (and remember, Keiko and Saki still talk to each other), Madarame would go for it.

It will be interesting to see where Sensei takes things. I do want Sue to get her proper time before this harem thing is resolved though. I like Sue as a character, though I don't see her as an erotic character. ^_^;;;

Quote:
Been reading lots of doom and gloom about a mada x hata ending over at batoto
I don't see that happening. If Spotted Flower is a guide, Hato will never give up trying to play jackhammer with Madarame, but Madarame's never going to be down for that.

Quote:
That and the author has also been slowly building up Hato's Harem for the series to potentially continue after the author finishes Madarame's harem with Yajime, Yoshitake Risa (lil sis) and Konno (high school friend) in the running.
And shockingly, Yajima seems to have gotten a boost, based on a chapter of Spotted Flower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
LOL So close to NTR there, Madarame.
I don't think we would have had an NTR situation, just a cheating situation. Remember, Keiko had a boyfriend when she was pining for Kousaka, so she's shown that she can date guys while not really being in love with them. I got the feeling this is the situation with her current boyfriend -- someone she can have sex with until something better comes along.

Quote:
That said, have to wonder just how much of this thing with Madarame is genuine, and how much of it is just her trying to spice up her own love life?
I do believe her when she says she finds Madarame to be cute. I do believe she likes Madarame. But you are right, she's also looking for spicing up her love life. She mentioned having a thing for losers. So she probably gets a thrill out of the idea of taking a virgin guy's first time.

Old 2014-09-05, 22:05   Link #354
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I mentioned in my blog post that I think Kio-sensei is laying the groundwork to have Saki brought back into the mix. Kio-sensei wanted Madarame and Saki to hook up in Genshiken, but the way the story panned out, he couldn't do that. However, we see in Spotted Flower, this is still the direction he'd like to go.
I'd love it for genshiken to go down the Spotted flower route, even if the odds are minuscule but I'll leave that as a dream route. If Genshiken was a VN and Madarame was the lead you play, the Spotted Flower Route would probably be the secret True route you could only unlock after completing everything else in the VN. For now I'll be cautiously optimistic. Spotted Flower will always be my first choice but until there's more solid evidence to prove it otherwise, I'll leave it as a dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy
It will be interesting to see where Sensei takes things. I do want Sue to get her proper time before this harem thing is resolved though. I like Sue as a character, though I don't see her as an erotic character. ^_^;;;
For some reason I get the feeling if Sue and Madarame were to hook up, I can see her riding Madarame's shoulder's everywhere like he was her trusty steed lol.
Old 2014-09-06, 17:25   Link #355
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
For some reason I get the feeling if Sue and Madarame were to hook up, I can see her riding Madarame's shoulder's everywhere like he was her trusty steed lol.
Like she did that first winter she and Angela came to Japan. *lol* Yeah, that would be cute and awesome in its own way.

Old 2014-10-20, 06:20   Link #356
kniteowl

Chapter 104 is out guys, go read it.

The last panel of Sue with Stars in her eyes. My favourite face, you know sh*t is going down when you see the stars, wonder what Sue is planning?
Old 2014-10-21, 17:31   Link #357
AstroNerdBoy

That was the best part of the chapter. ^_^

Old 2014-11-04, 02:53   Link #358
kniteowl

Chapter 105 is out guys, may Madarame R . I . P - Amen. (BAD END, it's over guys lol :-P J/K)

Spoiler for chp 105:

EDIT: Chapter 13 of Spotted Flower is out, I wonder if Madarame's like for embarassed girls will be brought up in Genshiken as well hmmm.... the possibilities :-P

Last edited by kniteowl; 2014-11-17 at 04:36.
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 13:33   Link #359
AstroNerdBoy

I'm glad that the harem story is picked up again. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the fun happen on the trip.

Old 2015-07-02, 03:08   Link #360
kniteowl

Chapter 113 is out and it's time for Angela's time in the lime light, the wait for chapter 114 will be painful lol.

Tags
seinen