AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 15 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-16, 11:14   Link #121
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

the way the scene plays out makes it seems like Zessica is the initiator of the new mugen punch and one of the seekers for the vision. Just seems more likely she's seeking true love rather than the truth.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2012-04-16, 11:15   Link #122
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The reaction, of punching through spacetime, only occurs after Mikono's sign flips to jelly. It makes me think that its Zessica/Mikono causing the visions, and that Amata is out of the loop.
yes it could be zess/mikono together who triggered the vision. while not many will like it i am beginning to think the girls are actually closer to apollo's powers than amata. after all zen said "forbidden power" is awakened.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:17   Link #123
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The connections I was talking about are everything aside from the vision: smell taken straight from the end of the OS and even shown this episode, love-electrocution reaction, familiarity with eyes, etc. Vision or no,t this stuff has been in the show since before Mykage was even awake.
I didn't say there wasn't a connection between them just that any connection with the "vision" that Kagura was told to see, and Zessica saw in the mirror, and Mikono saw from Kagura is false.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Izumo had a direct feed of Jin's information from the fight last fight for Jin in his Gnis, and knows what Amata looks like since that data came up when Jin was fighting. There's some inconsistency here...
Actually I don't think he did, Izumo has only seen the female pilots that Jin sent to them, not the males (because they have no interest in male), though in that case you could also point out that if he looks the way he is supposed to then shouldn't Izumo recognize him?

Quote:
Zessica's love hasn't wavered either... so why would she be bringing about visions of lovers that don't concern her? She's made it pretty clearly that she really is in love with Amata, I don't think there's any confusion for her. The only person confused about feelings is Mikono (jealousy and her reactions with Kagura), and the one seeking truth would really seem to be Amata.
I agree with you here, if anything out of the three of them Zessica is the only one that isn't confused about anything, though Mikono and Amata can actually switch places in regards to what they are seeking. Though it should be pointed out that in Aquarion jealously also made Aquarion very powerful.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:22   Link #124
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Loved #16 X333

- Give me back my Kimi no Shinwa D: I thought Eve no Danpen will be the new OP
- After all those talks, you promised to meet Andy yourself Mix?wwww
- Malloy and Sazanka finally got their part on battle. I laughed at Sazanka's rotten power, truly fits her as fujoushi Raises a question though, how could she took all the pictures she sold, I thought it's her Element power? @_@
- What the hell, suddenly Gepard is stronger than EVOL, lol. Though in the end it still lost
- Kokuhakuwww. I seriously love this scene, as well as the reaction of people back in the command room especially Donar and Mix xD
- DAT SONG!!!!
- Hello there Apollo, Sylvia, Gen, Touma, and Solar Aquarion :3
- Poor Sazanka got stuck, and neither Malloy or Cayenne is there to help her xD

As for the next episode..... SUOMI!!!!! X333

Btw it makes me think, if only one pilot's unrequited love can make Aquarion berserk (as well as two pilots mutual love), what will happen if all three pilots are in triangler love?

Aquarion EVOL should make it to SRW Z3, with that dimension-crossing power it can easily make its appearance...... acceptable even if we already get the original Aquarion on Z1 and both Z2 games
Old 2012-04-16, 11:27   Link #125
teelatsuki

Stop trying to shove Amata in the vision of sousei, he had nothing to do with it it was Mikono's and Zessica's doing it's suposed to be crystal clear, Mikono said herself that she wanted to know things this chapter, Amata only wanted to know how to score with Mikono and Shushu he doesn't need the truth in here for nothing, Mikono is the only one looking for the truth in that scene, read truth as in what the hell are your feelings Amata!!

1.Your writing sucks.
2. Your reading sucks.
3. You have low self steem.

Next time try to argue with valid arguments, not throw a tantrum.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:38   Link #126
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
- Malloy and Sazanka finally got their part on battle. I laughed at Sazanka's rotten power, truly fits her as fujoushi Raises a question though, how could she took all the pictures she sold, I thought it's her Element power? @_@
By any underhanded means possible. As seen with Jin bribery and coercion.

Sazanka would've milked more if it wasn't for damn Mykage.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:40   Link #127
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelatsuki View Post
Stop trying to shove Amata in the vision of sousei, he had nothing to do with it it was Mikono's and Zessica's doing it's suposed to be crystal clear, Mikono said herself that she wanted to know things this chapter, Amata only wanted to know how to score with Mikono and Shushu he doesn't need the truth in here for nothing, Mikono is the only one looking for the truth in that scene, read truth as in what the hell are your feelings Amata!!
Yeah, I mean it's not like he spent the entire episode thinking about how to "defeat" destiny so he has a chance with Mikono, that has absolutely nothing to do with seeking true love, nope.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:44   Link #128
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
So if the theory that mykage is actually trying to save altair with his insidious actions you guys are positing is true....

Spoiler:

Also...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-16, 11:46   Link #129
teelatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Yeah, I mean it's not like he spent the entire episode thinking about how to "defeat" destiny so he has a chance with Mikono, that has absolutely nothing to do with seeking true love, nope.
technicaly he didn't he worried about mikono, got upset thinking of destiny and then wondered if he could win shushu, in battle he started surrendering to destiny but then said I want to screw destiny! and by the scene that we are discussing he probably wasn't even thinking about any of that because he just got confessed, the kind of thing that just freezes you.

The one confessing is Obviously the one that is seeking true love in the aura readings She had the love reading, it can't be any more obvious you don't even need to overanalize it to understand it.

1.Your writing sucks.
2. Your reading sucks.
3. You have low self steem.

Next time try to argue with valid arguments, not throw a tantrum.

Last edited by teelatsuki; 2012-04-16 at 11:56.
Old 2012-04-16, 12:04   Link #130
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

All this talk of screwing destiny and doing the impossible. Good thing Amata isn't this guy...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-16, 12:08   Link #131
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
All this talk of screwing destiny and doing the impossible. Good thing Amata isn't this guy...
Amata is Simon for Andy's Kamina, they are hole-digger brother xD
Old 2012-04-16, 12:12   Link #132
mayumi

mikono-amata - mugen punch power
amata-zessica - flaming hand slap/flaming hand
mikono-zessica- forbidden power - super interdimensional mugen punch

replace zessica with kagura
mikono-kagura - forbidden lovers
Old 2012-04-16, 12:20   Link #133
ReddyRedWolf

I find it funny that Amata is likely going through what OVA Silvia did. Only in her case she was led to believe she was Scorpius, the ancient third pilot that killed Apollonius. In truth she is Celiane.

Kagura did in the first episode identified him as Wings of the Sun. Apollo did something similar in Aquarion's first episode only Silvia uttered it.

Here are the indications Mikono is Silvia.
-Mikono can connect people like what Silvia did for Apollo, Sirius and Touma. The whole grave training is reminiscent of the Aquarion burying itself connecting with the Earth. The space between where light comes forth.
-Mikono doesn't like Zen being a know it all. Zen comments she hasn't changed. Zen could be referring to her first incarnation Celiane.
-Mikono felt she met Touma before.
Old 2012-04-16, 12:23   Link #134
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Goddamnit. You hit it on the head Bakanki
Old 2012-04-16, 12:24   Link #135
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
So if the theory that mykage is actually trying to save altair with his insidious actions you guys are positing is true....

Spoiler:

Also...

Spoiler:
Likely Mykage wants to use the Wings of the Sun to ascend to godhood but he needs somebody to stand in for Apollo and Silvia. That still doesn't solve the problem of a third pilot.
Old 2012-04-16, 13:12   Link #136
Zuul

It seems all that angsting by Amata is some building up for massive character development to come.

Amata has no reason angst so much about destiny.
He has been making progress with Mikono not long ago (she didn't reject his hand grabing)
Mikono didn't buy Kagura's destiny speech. She was happy to be rescued.
All she did was showing him mercy.

Nothing to angst about, and certainly not Chouchou hating him since it hates anyone (probably including Cayenne.

So I think all it's resentment is just his mommy issues popping out. In episode one he said something about destiny while gazing at his mom in the movie.

So I'm expecting some char dev real soon.

Hopefully.
Old 2012-04-16, 13:53   Link #137
com_gwp

Dat A-I-SHI-TE-RU INSERT YAR. Made my day.

This episode serves as a reminder for why we need more crazy robo fights.

Also, that confession scene was really sweet. I honestly was rolling my eyes for a second there when I though she was just gonna keep mum. Nice job Aquarion, leading me on like that.
Old 2012-04-16, 13:54   Link #138
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
mikono-amata - mugen punch power
amata-zessica - flaming hand slap/flaming hand
mikono-zessica- forbidden power - super interdimensional mugen punch

replace zessica with kagura
mikono-kagura - forbidden lovers
I don't understand posts like this. If any character has any significant importance in this series it's Amata duh!

Amata is the one who actually knows about Aquarion, who the hell else knows anything about aquarion? (except for those who were trying to keep it a secret, mykage and Zen)

Without Amata there would be no Aquarion, Without Amata there would be no legend to inherit. Without Amata Mykage probaly wouldn't have been woken up out of his slumber. (I dont really buy the whole Izumo speech about interdemisional highways awakening him, it was amata with Mikono and Ceyenne unlocking the Mugen punch.) Amata is in every fight and almost every ability of Aquarion is unlocked because of Amata or with Amata as a co-pilot.

Since episode 1 all Amata has been talking about is destiny and fate. The Forbidden Love is not just Kagura and Mikono. It's also Amata and Zessica, that is very easy to see in this episode.

The super inter dimensional mugen punch was not unlocked because of just Mikono and Zessica it was Amata too, you can't throw him out because you want to support your kagura theory. Without Amata, Zessica would have no one to confess too. Everything in this series revolves around Amata in some way. Only makes sense because the story opened with him.

And if they pull a troll in these last episodes and Amata doesn't have the Solar Wings I will be trolled.
Old 2012-04-16, 14:01   Link #139
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillionus View Post
I don't understand posts like this. If any character has any significant importance in this series it's Amata duh!

Amata is the one who actually knows about Aquarion, who the hell else knows anything about aquarion? (except for those who were trying to keep it a secret, mykage and Zen)

Without Amata there would be no Aquarion, Without Amata there would be no legend to inherit. Without Amata Mykage probaly wouldn't have been woken up out of his slumber. (I dont really buy the whole Izumo speech about interdemisional highways awakening him, it was amata with Mikono and Ceyenne unlocking the Mugen punch.) Amata is in every fight and almost every ability of Aquarion is unlocked because of Amata or with Amata as a co-pilot.

Since episode 1 all Amata has been talking about is destiny and fate. The Forbidden Love is not just Kagura and Mikono. It's also Amata and Zessica, that is very easy to see in this episode.

The super inter dimensional mugen punch was not unlocked because of just Mikono and Zessica it was Amata too, you can't throw him out because you want to support your kagura theory. Without Amata, Zessica would have no one to confess too. Everything in this series revolves around Amata in some way. Only makes sense because the story opened with him.

And if they pull a troll in these last episodes and Amata doesn't have the Solar Wings I will be trolled.
Oh yeah this post reminds me we already found out the answer to that arguement the Kagura fans had before. Amata IS the main character of the show it's too late to have any reasonable main character change and even currently the plot is about Amata fighting the lovers fate. Regardless of how people may not want it he IS the central and most important character of this show. No matter what happens in the end the show is ultimately about him.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-04-16 at 17:59.
Old 2012-04-16, 17:12   Link #140
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Poor, poor Zessica...

This episode had a crowning moment of awesome for her, but it also ironically seals her fate.

Amata's reaction to her confession couldn't have been worse for her, really. Considering that this is Flying Libido we're talking about here, it's pretty telling that Zessica confessing her love to him didn't seem to even get a rise out of him. He's clearly completely committed to Mikono, as even in the immediate aftermath of Zessica's confession to him, all he can keep thinking about is "Will fate stop me from being with Mikono?". Not even wavering to the point of thinking "Well, if fate denies me Mikono, at least Zessica is an option now".

Even with Okada at the helm here, I now find it impossible to think she could swerve to Amata/Zessica after the events of this episode. Regardless of who Amata and Zessica were in past lives, Amata is simply not feeling it for her.

The next few episodes are going to be crucial to Amata's character, in my eyes. If the anime has him drag out his inevitable rejection of Zessica's confession, that's going to make him seem like an utter douchebag to me. Zessica has been a great friend to him, and the least Amata can do is not leave her hanging for very long. Here I'm actually worried about Okada (and Kawamori) handling things.

Personally, I think we're going to get Amata/Mikono. It's been my experience that whenever an anime male lead protagonist talks/thinks about fighting fate in order to achieve his desired romance, he almost always succeeds. So I think that's what is going to happen here.

So the big question mark is Kagura. It'll be interesting to see what they intend to do with him, as he's absolutely relentless in his pursuit of Mikono, but Mikono doesn't want the "mad dog" put down. So it's hard to see how you can stop him permanently unless he voluntarily gives up on Mikono (which is also hard to imagine). I guess that Amata might slay him in some big, final fight though. One in which Mikono isn't there to stop him.

Anyway, Episode 16 was a lot of fun with some great moments. Zessica has now become one of my favorites with this episode, but I fear that it's just in time for me to feel sorry for her.

The action scenes in this episode were great, and the anime did a good job of finally showcasing the abilities of Bianca and Malloy. I loved how everybody on Team Cayenne acted like a smug, arrogant antagonist, lol. You even had Bianca laughing like a villain.

9/10 for Episode 16.