AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 15.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 42.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-14, 23:55   Link #41
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

A good episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They're already hinting that there is some supernatural element at work. Rikki seemed to have some kind of flashback of the future upon hearing that (I don't think he's met these girls yet), so my current guess is that they're stuck in a loop for some reason.
I have to agree there. Riki's lines about an unchanging everyday life will bite him back hard. If there is a loop, maybe he's the cause.
Old 2012-10-15, 00:34   Link #42
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
wow... only around 30 posts. Looks like many people dropped this after ep1.
Less posts don't automatically mean less people are watching. On the contrary, you just have less to say for whatever reason. That's all.

As for episode 2, visual improves by a very thin margin. J.C. Staff don't need to worry about improving the movement that much considering these type of stories don't require complicated movements (fight scenes are one such example of complicated movements) to tell the story. As long as they are focusing on the background image, detail, style, imagination etc. along with plenty of takes for the voice acting to make the timing of the dialogue to flow with the intention of the episode, the presentation will improve. Because a lot of these problems are still there the pacing remains an issue. The VAs will improve as the show progresses because most of the VA cast are very good at what they do. Don't know yet if the overall animation can improve although the preview snippet for next week looked pretty good. The story isn't interesting yet (for me anyway). I lol'ed at the attempted portrayal of the seriousness of narcolepsy.

One of the other thing that I've always found less appealing about these Key stories is how long it takes them to get to the point. One of the reason I enjoyed Kanon more than any other key stories was because the series of stories told were in arcs and not-so open ended to tie with the other arcs as was attempted in Clannad.

That said, all those stories did have their moment of brilliance, but the length required to get there still something I find not so appealing. An anime adaptation should not be so focused on one set of audience only which is the game-players when it comes to typical Key story. It needlessly makes the job difficult where the goal is to tell a flowing story that should be interesting to at least more than one set of audience. With that observation in mind, J.C. Staff's handling of the first couple of episodes are making the matter more difficult for me to get into this story. Anyway, will persist for few more episodes.................
Old 2012-10-15, 00:55   Link #43
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

After watching this chapter, the only question remaining for me was...

.... why the hell an Olmec colossal head?
Old 2012-10-15, 00:56   Link #44
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
.... why the hell an Olmec colossal head?
Why the hell not an Olmec colossal head? :k
Old 2012-10-15, 01:06   Link #45
Insane
Banned

For some reason eps 2 was very slow-paced with very expected plot. At first i thought this episode would give me some kind of "WTF" moments but.............nothing happened thus far. Truthfully i felt kinda bored. Is it because of J.C Staff's messy executions or just me?
Old 2012-10-15, 01:07   Link #46
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

KEY series often have a slow buildup. Just give it time.
Old 2012-10-15, 03:32   Link #47
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
As an anime only watcher I'm a bit baffled with Rin turning out to be shy in this episode,her very first scene last episode was her barging in a room yelling at people to stop fighting,what am I missing?

And people are actually using other threads in the subforum as well,reactions to this episode are not limited to this thread.
Ahaha, what totoum says is true. I'm a VN player, but I can totally see why that'd be baffling. Rin's very loud and uninhibited around her friends, but she's very shy around new people as we can see by how she acts around Komari. Why this isn't explained well or intuitive at this point, I'd blame on scene placement or scenes being cut/shortened.

As for the thread discussion being so empty, it's hard to make a post because I have to filter all of my thoughts til I barely have anything to say. I feel like I'm pretty much limited to saying what I felt was good and bad about the episode and commenting on how certain scenes made me feel, but even that is limited if it slightly hints at something. I already feel nervous about this post . Therefore mass exodus.

Since I'm already saying stuff that's a little grating, I might as well say that the animation is making me sad. As I've checked out a lot of different premiering anime series this week, I must say our beloved Lit Bus (Or Little Budget ) looks pretty below average. I mean, even To Love Ru Darkness and Girls und Panzer trump us IMHO. I don't want to bash one of my favorite stories but I'm just being honest. I think it is pretty sad that what should easily do 8k sales is getting the Kill Me Baby budget treatment. That's a bit frustrating as a fan. That said, I'm pretty easily pleased when it comes to the animation, so if I don't pay attention to it, I don't notice it too much. After all I want to enjoy the show, not complain about the animation every week, so it's probably best not to focus on that too much...

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-10-15 at 11:41. Reason: Grammar
Old 2012-10-15, 04:36   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have to wonder who in the right mind would have given "undeserved" budget to a series that has been handled by a group that has been famous for their previous works. Isn't that a bit insulting to the original creators?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-10-15, 05:04   Link #49
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Ahaha, what totoum says is true. I'm a VN player, but I can totally see why that'd be baffling. Rin's very loud and uninhibited around her friends, but she's very shy around new people as we can see by how she acts around Komari.
Right,thanks for the explanation!

Now I'm going to try and say this kindly,but when I hear LB fans complaining about how they got a "low budget" part of me wants to take them to an alternate dimension where they had to wait 25 years for a TV anime adaptation and when it's announced they learn that the studio is David Production and that the OP is 100% CGI.

Though of course the other part of me remembers I too expected better and am a bit disappointed but still,that other dimension looks tempting.
Old 2012-10-15, 05:41   Link #50
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
As for the thread discussion being so empty, it's hard to make a post because I have to filter all of my thoughts til I barely have anything to say. I feel like I'm pretty much limited to saying what I felt was good and bad about the episode and commenting on how certain scenes made me felt, but even that is limited if it slightly hints at something. I already feel nervous about this post . Therefore mass exodus.
I feel the same way. It's hard posting here when there's not much going on in the show yet. I'm just sitting back until some drama starts happening.
Old 2012-10-15, 05:48   Link #51
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
QFT. It's like they're trying to follow the path of Kei from Onegai Teacher with the tones it was using...
Yeah, you nailed it man .

The first thing that came to my mind when I watched that narcolepsy part was Kei’s severe illness (more frightening than narcolepsy) from Onegai Teacher. Does this anime want to duplicate the similar atmosphere for its MC? Was the narcolepsy also presented that serious & dramatic in the game?
Old 2012-10-15, 06:27   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
So Rin likes pussies, and she's extremely shy around girls.

How interesting that all of her buddies are guys!

Then there's Komari, who's blonde, consistently energetic and upbeat, not quite all there, and who frequently emphasizes the importance of "Guts!"

Is she related to this guy, I wonder?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And in keeping in the spirit of that reference to a certain (in)famous anime, this picture reflects well my take on this episode:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Really fun Episode 2! I'll probably have more to write later.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-15 at 09:08. Reason: Clean-up to not show images inline
Old 2012-10-15, 06:27   Link #53
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, you nailed it man .

The first thing that came to my mind when I watched that narcolepsy part was Kei’s severe illness (more frightening than narcolepsy) from Onegai Teacher. Does this anime want to duplicate the similar atmosphere for its MC? Was the narcolepsy also presented that serious & dramatic in the game?
Spoiler for Comparison to the game, Episode 2 content:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-15 at 09:11. Reason: Please describe the *source* and *nature* of the spoiler, not the subject...
Old 2012-10-15, 06:49   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld2 View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the game, Episode 2 content:
I see .

So I guess LB anime does take some notes from Onegai Teacher’s MC to add more drama. It’s just, Riki will only sleep for minutes or hours (maybe days) while Kei can suddenly sleep for months (if not years).

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-15 at 09:10.
Old 2012-10-15, 07:42   Link #55
halibonga

Quote:
this X 100 times
Old 2012-10-15, 08:05   Link #56
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Pretty much this...the first batch of episodes will most likely cover the common route, which is usually not as entertaining as the individual routes.
Old 2012-10-15, 08:41   Link #57
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
OK. So ... what the heck were these folks doing anyway? Playing Baseball? Cleaning messy room? Playing with cats? Or sudden fall from whatever narcolepsy?

Brain dead anime is brain dead. No need trying to look clever, just be funny or interesting. Man, i was yawning like hell after watching this sleepy head anime.
Old 2012-10-15, 08:48   Link #58
Aesthetic Shampoo

Slow buildups are fine. This kiddy bull we're getting right now is not.

The comedy was once again a complete miss for me, for the life of me i can't figure out how anyone would find it funny. If i was stupid enough to think talking in baby voices makes you sound cute maybe. Yeah, that was a jab at the voice acting. I usually don't mind the normal anime comedy antics even if i don't find them funny, but something about how its done in this anime just it completely devoid of amusement.

The characters are acting really stupid. It's obvious that there are hidden depths to them, and i wish they would show that a bit more instead of making them do the stupid things they do. There is absolutely no point to anything right now. I would rather it be episodic than this.

This is definitely the worst anime of the season for me right now. Get it together please.
Old 2012-10-15, 08:56   Link #59
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
This is definitely the worst anime of the season for me right now. Get it together please.
One question about that^. Who should get it together, the ones who are making the worst anime of the season, or people like me who enjoy the worst anime of the season? From the way you word it, it may be either or both, so I just want to make sure.
Old 2012-10-15, 09:15   Link #60
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

The characters are all indeed acting stupid. Though that was the point and supposed to emphasize the "goofing around with your school friends". It's maybe just values dissonance if one can't understand the emotions behind it. It's understandable.